Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,175 members, 7,880,661 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:23 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11148341 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5510) (5511) (5512) (5513) (5514) (5515) (5516) ... (7856) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 12:23pm On Apr 05, 2020
ojesymsym:
Using the present day value of shares, if I wanted to be earning at least 2M dividends, what should my mix and value of my portfolio look like?

Buy about 1m units of Zenith Bank shares, with about 12m naira.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 1:02pm On Apr 05, 2020
ojesymsym:
Using the present day value of shares, if I wanted to be earning at least 2M dividends, what should my mix and value of my portfolio look like?

Zenith pays two dividends in a year; interim (30K) and final (N2.50K) making a total of N2.80. So if you want a total div income of N2M giving that the current dividend pay out is sustained, you will need to hold c.794K units (net of tax). Based on current market price, this will cost you N9.4M only.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 1:30pm On Apr 05, 2020
IYGEAL:

Coolcash1:

Zenith pays two dividends in a year; interim (30K) and final (N2.50K) making a total of N2.80. So if you want a total div income of N2M giving that the current dividend pay out is sustained, you will need to hold c.794K units (net of tax). Based on current market price, this will cost you N9.4M only.

That would be placing all his eggs in one basket. I read somewhere that a good portfolio should consist of a bunch of good stocks, making it antifragile.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by biggal: 1:31pm On Apr 05, 2020
When it comes to investment, most Nigerians do not like risk. They prefer not to invest in instruments that will make them lose their principal, and so, more often than not, they invest in Treasury bills (T-Bills).

But with the CBN’s recent initiatives restricting the sale of T-Bills to only Deposit Money Banks, T-Bill yield rates have dropped from 14% to as low as 5.8% per annum on December 22nd 2019. This is approximately 5.7% lower than the rate of inflation, meaning that people who invest in T-Bills today are making a 5.7% loss.

Thankfully, you don’t have to invest in T-Bills to preserve your principal.

In fact there is a one time investment you will make now that will change your finacial story for good. 

This investment is in the form of buying share in the fastest growing industries in the world today. The online gaming, betting and educational industries are the industries that has come to stay and is going no where.

They are the Multibillion dollar companies disrupting all other companies presently.

CROWD1 through its affiliate companies is opening up this new world of money making to us all in a very low entry level. 

Did you missed the early days of Facebook, Google, Microsoft, selling their shares to the public?

Don't miss this chance for anything.

Want to know more? Click Here: 

http:///PTF9Cmlm
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 2:08pm On Apr 05, 2020
ositadima1:

That would be placing all his eggs in one basket. I read somewhere that a good portfolio should consist of a bunch of good stocks, making it antifragile.

Not putting all egg in one basket is technically referred to as diversification. In terms of diversification, it means investing in different asset classes e.g stocks, t-bills, real estate etc to eliminate risk and maximize returns.

Holding a portfolio of multiple stocks with good fundamentals is good but not diversification. The advantage is that it produces high yield and losses are minimized.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 05, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Your writeup isn't structured.

And what will cause the bailout of banks?

Rabbi, So you are not aware that all the top banks in Nigeria are highly exposed to oil and gas sector.
The implication of this is that the banking sector might be the first casualty of what we fear most(Recession )
First bank has not recovered from the NPL of 2012/14.
Already, Zenith and GT have been downgraded by Fitch.
No one can predict what will happen next. However, we must remain invested.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 2:12pm On Apr 05, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 05, 2020
Godlylifeoneart:

Rabbi, So you are not aware that all the top banks in Nigeria are highly exposed to oil and gas sector.
The implication of this is that the banking sector might be the first casualty of what we fear most(Recession )

Since when? grin grin

Hope you know this isn't the first oil price crash?

One happened between 2014 till 2016. That was when all the banks took serious impairments for years(till 2018 sef).

I believe they must have learnt their lessons and hedge their risk appropriately.

If you downgrade a country, the banks will have same downgrades as well. You can't have a bank do well when the country is downgraded.

The risk to Nigeria is oil price. Some of the casualties of the low oil price are starting to show up in the US shale industry. One oil and has firm declared bankruptcy last week. More to come in the US.

That is why Trump wants to broker peace between Russia and Saudi to limit the number of US Oil workers that will be unemployed.

The first casualty in Nigeria will be the oil service industry. They will lay lots of them off as IOCs start cost cutting, reduction in capital spending and streamlining of activities.

Nigerian banks wicked o. E be like say you never hear who dem do something before. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 2:57pm On Apr 05, 2020
Coolcash1:

Not putting all egg in one basket is technically referred to as diversification. In terms of diversification, it means investing in different asset classes e.g stocks, t-bills, real estate etc to eliminate risk and maximize returns.

Holding a portfolio of multiple stocks with good fundamentals is good but not diversification. The advantage is that it produces high yield and losses are minimized.
Very apt, sir. However, there is a distinct difference between a diversified portfolio and diversified investment. What I believe Mr Ositadima meant by not putting one's eggs in one basket is portfolio diversification while what you described above is investment diversification. Hence, the ''bolded'' section of your comment is also a form of diversification in the stock market.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 3:04pm On Apr 05, 2020
Godlylifeoneart:

Already,Zenith and GT have been downgraded by Fitch.
In my opinion, the worst that can happen to these two giants in the banking sector is a suspension of dividend payout. They'll most likely come out strong(er) when this madness is over.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Enyinne(f): 3:07pm On Apr 05, 2020
Most tier one banks have drastically reduced borrowing to oil and gas sector as from 2018 . But before then huge loans was opened to oil sectors cos of expected interest rate that was attached to it .Of recent ,Zenith and Gtb won’t release funds to u as far as ur coming from oil sector unless u have good collateral to cover such loan ie if ever u are to be considered.Sterling and fidelity bank still taken the risk of lending to the sector .
Godlylifeoneart:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojesymsym: 3:17pm On Apr 05, 2020
Thanks for your inputs.

Just wondering if Zenith does not become an overhyped share since everyone seem to be suggesting it, just my thoughts.

IYGEAL:

Coolcash1:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 3:18pm On Apr 05, 2020
Enyinne:
Most tier one banks have drastically reduced borrowing to oil and gas sector as from 2018 . But before then huge loans was opened to oil sectors cos of expected interest rate that was attached to it .Of recent ,Zenith and Gtb won’t release funds to u as far as ur coming from oil sector unless u have good collateral to cover such loan ie if ever u are to be considered.Sterling and fidelity bank still taken the risk of lending to the sector .
Including FCMB. The reason I have recently decided to align with tier one banks during this period of uncertainty.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojesymsym: 3:19pm On Apr 05, 2020
Okay. What would be your suggested portfolio mix to achieve the same dividends yield of 2M annually?

seyisanya:
Very apt, sir. However, there is a distinct difference between a diversified portfolio and diversified investment. What I believe Mr Ositadima meant by not putting one's eggs in one basket is portfolio diversification while what you described above is investment diversification. Hence, the ''bolded'' section of your comment is also a form of diversification in the stock market.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 3:37pm On Apr 05, 2020
Coolcash1:

ojesymsym:
Okay. What would be your suggested portfolio mix to achieve the same dividends yield of 2M annually?

Since you have a specific annual target in mind, I would advise you go with sir Coolcash1 suggestion above.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 4:00pm On Apr 05, 2020
ojesymsym:
Thanks for your inputs.

Just wondering if Zenith does not become an overhyped share since everyone seem to be suggesting it, just my thoughts.

I don't think zenith is being over hyped.
As far as I know, zenith offers probably the best dividend yield on nse.
They have a pretty good history of dividend payment too.
In the last 7 years, the least they have paid is N1.75k, that was 2013 and 2014.

Having said this,I will not support the idea of you putting all your money in zenith bank when you are not Jim.

There are other stocks with good dividend history but you will need more money to achieve the same result as they have lower dividend yield.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by biggal: 4:19pm On Apr 05, 2020
Who wants to buy Shares from crowd1??
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 4:27pm On Apr 05, 2020
https://punchng.com/fg-grants-three-year-tax-holiday-to-25-companies/?utm_medium=Email&utm_source=Zenter-System&utm_campaign=%2319912+%3D%3E+MORNING+NEWS+HEADLINES&utm_content=7ed1ef833ca93182f695d363eed35cc911d70f5d

Did anyone else read this? That Lafarge got a tax holiday of about three years
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Enyinne(f): 4:39pm On Apr 05, 2020
Your right. We know them
seyisanya:
Including FCMB. The reason I have recently decided to align with tier one banks during this period of uncertainty.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Northeastern: 4:41pm On Apr 05, 2020
Oil futures looking at a massive gap down; the postponement of the OPEC/Russia meeting from tomorrow to Thursday must have caused it.

This week should see a huge gain if that meeting results in a cut of at least 10m barrels.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seunn11: 5:04pm On Apr 05, 2020
Help my portfolio, people.
My Zenith is now in red to the tune of 25m. Help!!!
UBA is 6.5m loss.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 5:14pm On Apr 05, 2020
Seunn11:
UBA is 6.5m loss.

i don't understand when you say help. Are we the one responsible for the loss? That's stock business for you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 5:23pm On Apr 05, 2020
Seunn11:
UBA is 6.5m loss.

I think this is when you probably should forget your login details and let this storm pass, you will laugh lass lass

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 5:24pm On Apr 05, 2020
Northeastern:
Oil futures looking at a massive gap down; the postponement of the OPEC/Russia meeting from tomorrow to Thursday must have caused it.

This week should see a huge gain if that meeting results in a cut of at least 10m barrels.
. Oga NorthEastern. Im quite sceptical of dis move (cut) on oil price. 1st d probability of such cut without shale contributing to it is quite low. 2nd Shale contribution to the cut wld be limited if not totally hampered by its market structure. 3rd even if the cut materialise it wld only address d supply side while d problem with the demand side (coronavirus induced worldwide economic slowdown) persist. However all said i sincerely pray i am proven wrong for d sake myself and dis country
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 5:56pm On Apr 05, 2020
Coolcash1:

i don't understand when you say help. Are we the one responsible for the loss? That's stock business for you.

Funny how we respond to some jokes!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 6:08pm On Apr 05, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Since when? grin grin

Hope you know this isn't the first oil price crash?

One happened between 2014 till 2016. That was when all the banks took serious impairments for years(till 2018 sef).

I believe they must have learnt their lessons and hedge their risk appropriately.

If you downgrade a country, the banks will have same downgrades as well. You can't have a bank do well when the country is downgraded.

The risk to Nigeria is oil price. Some of the casualties of the low oil price are starting to show up in the US shale industry. One oil and has firm declared bankruptcy last week. More to come in the US.

That is why Trump wants to broker peace between Russia and Saudi to limit the number of US Oil workers that will be unemployed.

The first casualty in Nigeria will be the oil service industry. They will lay lots of them off as IOCs start cost cutting, reduction in capital spending and streamlining of activities.

Nigerian banks wicked o. E be like say you never hear who dem do something before. grin grin

Not to mention that the retained earnings of Nigerian tier one banks is crazy. GT and Zenith both have close to 1 trillion in retained earnings. Those banks are pretty solid in spite of whatever is going on in the markets right now.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 6:15pm On Apr 05, 2020
Seunn11:
UBA is 6.5m loss.
Sir, firstly, these are paper losses. Good thing is that they are fundamentally sound stocks, so please don't sell. Additionally, if you do the maths, considering the dividend of N2.80 per share that Zenith paid and the N1 per share that UBA will pay, you'll see that it's not entirely a bad situation. Stay calm, you're not alone in this!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 6:18pm On Apr 05, 2020
Krisuba:

Funny how we respond to some jokes!!
Oh, I never knew it was a joke. I fell for it...lol cheesy grin cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 6:19pm On Apr 05, 2020
Seunn11:
UBA is 6.5m loss.

Nawao, don't sell o. I understand that you have only lost when you exit your position, if paper gain is a thing then paper loss is also a thing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 6:53pm On Apr 05, 2020
Seunn11:
UBA is 6.5m loss.

I don see gate where I will apply as a Gate man..... grin grin grin
Please provide house address, I cant waste this opportunity grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by klas(m): 7:38pm On Apr 05, 2020
ositadima1:

Nawao, don't sell o. I understand that you have only lost when you exit your position, if paper gain is a thing then paper loss is also a thing.

There are some paper loss that are as good as realised loss in terms of permanence sha.

Those that bought IPOs of Transcorp, Japaul and VeritasKapital Assurance 12 years ago can attest grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2020
DeRuggedProf:

I don see gate where I will apply as a Gate man..... grin grin grin
Please provide house address, I cant waste this opportunity grin

Proff I saw this one before you. So I no need competition at d interview!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5510) (5511) (5512) (5513) (5514) (5515) (5516) ... (7856) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mopiket(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.