Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,495 members, 7,947,969 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 11:38 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11521518 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7347) (7348) (7349) (7350) (7351) (7352) (7353) ... (8158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:44am On Nov 15, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:

But MECURE did not allow us to enter before the rally. grin grin grin

That's why I didn't bother buying it... I have a strict rule on that... All stocks I buy I buy them before rally

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 11:44am On Nov 15, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Whereas I used the proceeds to by the right issues of United Capital, APR, bought Okomu and Zenith
Very sharp! The investment you made with the proceeds must have fetched you the amount realized from the proceeds 2 times. Imagine you left the money with oando, you will be crying had I known by now. The minority shell holders should be rewarded handsomely, they really beared the brunt when the going was tough. Oando should allow it's shell holders to breathe, abeg. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:46am On Nov 15, 2023
grin
thebargainhunte:
Very sharp! The investment you made with the proceeds must have fetched you the amount realized from the proceeds 2 times. Imagine you left the money with oando, you will be crying had I known by now. The minority shell holders should be rewarded handsomely, they really beared the brunt when the going was tough. Oando should allow it's shell holders to breathe, abeg. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 11:47am On Nov 15, 2023
mikeapollo:

You are perfectly right.
This loan would ease off pressure on Oando but they need to achieve and sustain reasonable level of production.
The dynamics are beginning to change gradually, and I hope the SEC would stamp its authority if Oando management decides to go ahead with the delisting because I saw in the last AGM that they are cancelling the unissued authorized shares of the company, which looks like an indication of the intention to delist the whole shares of the company from the NGX eventually.
I think Cancellation of unissued shares is a directive to all companies listed on NGX

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4tunebest(f): 11:48am On Nov 15, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Balanced Fund Invest in equities, Fixed Income and Money Market instruments.

Equity fund invests in shares

Thank you sir. My enquiry was if there are hidden charges that may be deducted from the over 30% return such that the net return will be way less than 30%.

I am asking this question because I find it to be in extreme contrast to MMF which offers about 9% and I know this has no hidden charges based on my experience in MMF thus far.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:48am On Nov 15, 2023
sky2891:

I think Cancellation of unissued shares is a directive to all companies listed on NGX
Yes
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 11:49am On Nov 15, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:

But MECURE did not allow us to enter before the rally. grin grin grin
It wasn't available since day one that it was listed...
They were just releasing few units to keep pushing the price up.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:50am On Nov 15, 2023
yMcy56:

It wasn't available since day one that it was listed

So insiders just corned the stock ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 11:50am On Nov 15, 2023
sky2891:

Really? Thank you for enlightening me on this as regards Oando.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 11:59am On Nov 15, 2023
sky2891:
Youre right that it was a directive following CAMA 2020 rules or so........with Dec 2022 as deadline.......though some extended theirs to 2023.

....BUT wasn't all companies that cancelled their Unissued Shares.
Some issued theirs as bonus, some as Rights Issue while some decided to cancel it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 11:59am On Nov 15, 2023
megawealth01:
grin

It may be. The Africa EXIM bank is much better option than going for commercial loans from Nigerian banks.
The interest rate and general terms would be much better, so it gives further hope on the prospects of Oando in the long term.
I just pray the price gets to something like N50! I go smile reach China!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 12:02pm On Nov 15, 2023
Princkez:
OANDO on full bid@ 11 55....any time prophet show up something will happen

That Prophet must know something about Oando that he is not divulging!
Thank God I did not sell all my OANDO! And let's hope they would not delist

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 12:04pm On Nov 15, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:
So insiders just corned the stock ?
Yes......and NGX couldn't do anything about it.
That's if they're even aware in the first place.......I dont thnk there's follow up from their end.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 12:06pm On Nov 15, 2023
mikeapollo:

It may be. The Africa EXIM bank is much better option than going for commercial loans from Nigerian banks.
The interest rate and general terms would be much better, so it gives further hope on the prospects of Oando in the long term.
I just pray the price gets to something like N50! I go smile reach China!

WALE and his boys are on the street of broad
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 12:07pm On Nov 15, 2023
mikeapollo:

That Prophet must know something about Oando that he is not divulging!
Thank God I did not sell all my OANDO! And let's hope they would not delist
The only fears na the delisting... As for OANDO he is a bad boi grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:12pm On Nov 15, 2023
4tunebest:

Thank you sir. My enquiry was if there are hidden charges that may be deducted from the over 30% return such that the net return will be way less than 30%.

I am asking this question because I find it to be in extreme contrast to MMF which offers about 9% and I know this has no hidden charges based on my experience in MMF thus far.

Returns are based on the underlying assets of the fund. Equity fund has equities as the underlying assets, so achieving a return of 30% and above because of the performance of stocks on NGX.

Balanced Fund have proportion of the underlying and in equities, Fixed Income, money market instruments the performance of the fund will be determined by equities, fixed income and money market instruments.

T
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ProphetUtuocha: 12:28pm On Nov 15, 2023
Oando ... 11+ million bid, zero offer
Remember: thou shall seek it, but shall not find it!
Should I talk more?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2023
https://nairametrics.com/2023/11/15/sec-new-e-dividend-portal-to-become-operational-on-30th-of-november-2023/

I hope this works effortlessly as Coronation Registrar has refused to release my Access dividend since June, but are happy to always point me to the unclaimed dividend register. angry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nairavsdollars(f): 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2023
Sorry do you work with Oando or NGX? I should have bought more Oando when you said this
hisexcellency34:
Another big announcement coming from Oando...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zegra: 12:31pm On Nov 15, 2023
ProphetUtuocha:
Should I talk more?

You only appear when Oando is on full bid. grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 12:32pm On Nov 15, 2023
Zegra:

You only appear when Oando is on full bid. grin grin grin grin grin
He is talking about his investment grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 12:32pm On Nov 15, 2023
ProphetUtuocha:
Should I talk more?

We are here to educate ourselves.
I am not saying you should reveal confidential corporate info, but we need some more clarity on what forms the basis of your predictions so we could take informed decisions.
Like others, I bought some millions of units of Oando long before now, so we all need to take some informed investment decisions on our portfolio holdings.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 12:38pm On Nov 15, 2023
vacanci:
forecast profit before tax is less than 2M naira for the 4th quarter. Abi i no dey see well?

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/113_Multiverse_Mining_and_Exploration_Plc.__4th__Quarter_2023_Earnings_Forecast.pdf
Think you have to look beyond what was arrived at in the forecast.....
* How big or bouyant is the coy
* YoY /QonQ comparison
* Where is it coming from (financially & otherwise)
* Profit continuity & ability to keep delivering
* The product & prospects
* Pipeline projects

* Don't mind my English and amateur outlook* smiley
* Also note that I'm saying you should carry out your DD. Not in any way speaking for or against it. Won't be responsible for anyone's decision. At the right time, I'll do my own DD too*

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sboga: 12:46pm On Nov 15, 2023
when wale travels enn, one private jet dey front and one back while his own dey middle. thats d corporate governance for oandos side.
if him go meet warren buffet you will think buffet is a small boy coming in his 2014 cadillac
those sec you are mentioning, they will approve the delisting for just one ride inside one of those jets to paris or london for shopping.
In a serious environ, this price will be touching 100 by now, nse is a joke. wale will giv dem de shege in various positions dem go still clap for chicken & rice.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 12:51pm On Nov 15, 2023
yMcy56:

Think you have to look beyond what was arrived at in the forecast.....
* How big or bouyant is the coy
* YoY /QonQ comparison
* Where is it coming from (financially & otherwise)
* Profit continuity & ability to keep delivering
* The product & prospects
* Pipeline projects

* Don't mind my English and amateur outlook* smiley
* Also note that I'm saying you should carry out your DD. Not in any way speaking for or against it. Won't be responsible for anyone's decision. At the right time, I'll do my own DD too*
I got burnt before the reconstruction grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 12:51pm On Nov 15, 2023
mikeapollo:

We are here to educate ourselves.
I am not saying you should reveal confidential corporate info, but we need some more clarity on what forms the basis of your predictions so we could take informed decisions.
Like others, I bought some millions of units of Oando long before now, so we all need to take some informed investment decisions on our portfolio holdings.
Oando never get road map
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 12:52pm On Nov 15, 2023
Nobody is saying anything about UNILEVER?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 1:01pm On Nov 15, 2023
megawealth01:
Oando never get road map

You might be mistaken.
Oando is gradually taking strategic steps to overcome its present challenges. A successful loan deal plus operations from the ENI fields will definitely booster their results and see the price above N50, especially if they produce a fair performance for FY2023.

Oando should not delist, but rather make me a billionaire, biko!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 1:03pm On Nov 15, 2023
megawealth01:
I got burnt before the reconstruction grin
It means you were not patient enough.
It paid off at some point after the reconstruction
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 1:04pm On Nov 15, 2023
yMcy56:

It means you were not patient enough.
It paid off at some point after the reconstruction
YES. I lack patience in daily trade stocks but not in investment stocks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 1:05pm On Nov 15, 2023
mikeapollo:

You might be mistaken.
Oando is gradually taking strategic steps to overcome its present challenges. A successful loan deal plus operations from the ENI fields will definitely booster their results and see the price above N50, especially if they produce a fair performance for FY2023.

You didn't add "if they don't delist" grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 1:15pm On Nov 15, 2023
mikeapollo:

You might be mistaken.

I think dividends will resume as early as next year from Wale's body language at the last AGM.

NOT INVESTMENT ADVICE. BUT SPECULATIVE PROJECTION grin.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7347) (7348) (7349) (7350) (7351) (7352) (7353) ... (8158) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ehay(f), NL1960, designking, SlahJoe(m), eziokwunwoko(m), Ginalex(f), Princkez, freeman67, Boshins, ProphetUtuocha, Zagee, X21, ositadima1(m), Deadlytruth(m), Sunrisepebble, Emir01, ojeysky(m), ndept, jideflash(m) and 17 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.