Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,728 members, 7,875,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:26 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7827) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11125316 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7824) (7825) (7826) (7827) (7828) (7829) (7830) ... (7840) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 2:12pm On Jun 22
Streetinvestor2:
Who wan follow me play bigger bet naija.i bought oando today with JB I sold yesterday.
Bought oando @#15.00 all die na die
Sold some JB at BE of #24 for #89.

I decided to take bigger risk....na my money no borrowed fund,lol.Target on this new buy na 100%(#30)

nothing ventured, nothing hammered.

Two Large Guinness
(delivered by motorcycle courier) will not harm me. Must be two o....one no go do.

Wishing us good news from Court.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 4:18pm On Jun 22
nosa2:

As at when I made this post I hadn't done the calculations. However having done the calculations the quality of bank earnings vary wildly, so the calculations were certainly worth doing.

To help you on your path, simply look through the relevant result and subtract FX gains, typically found in other income, from the quoted profit and use that in your calculations.

P.s before you ask me what my numbers were, don't! I believe doing the calculations give me a competitive advantage and until I have finished buying it is not in my interest to divulge my result.
so it means there's a GOLD to be PULL before JAing

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Meerahbel: 4:36pm On Jun 22
shocked
Locotrader:
While those who have already made heavy money in stocks are aligning themselves in the banking stocks, those who are aspiring to be millionaires should be fast in putting their money in the insurance stocks.They have proved they worth investing.

No insurance stock will trade below #1 in the next 6-12 months except those placed on suspension.

There is more reward in the insurance stocks than every other stocks in the next bull.The bull is getting prepared.

Make hay while the sun shines.Dont chase a moving train.you may be crushed.
Custodian
Nem
Mansard
Aiico
CHI
Lasaco
Sunu
Cornerstone
Veritas
Royalex
Linkage
MB
Prestige
Regal
Sovereign
Universal
Guinea ins.

None of the above will trade below #1 in the next 12 months.Look for anyone you have passion for and invest.
Nem 7
Mansard 5
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 4:37pm On Jun 22
Happy weekend to all
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 6:07pm On Jun 22
megamart247:

@ OGG what's your take on Cadbury?

It's on full bid @t #17.60

Regarding Cadbury, I conducted a quick back-of-the-envelope valuation. The 2023 results ended with 19 billion in losses due to foreign exchange issues, with over 36 billion in forex discrepancies that wiped out shareholders' equity and pushed it into negative 6.5 billion.

For the purpose of academic evaluation, let's assume the 7.8 billion operational profit and no forex losses. We can consider the current interest rates on bonds (risk-free) of over 18% with a multiple of 1.5 as risk premium. This amounts to 15.5 naira per share (calculation: profit divided by the product of risk-free rate, 1.5, and outstanding shares).

Even without the losses, I would still consider the stock overpriced. The fact that the first quarter still reported huge losses doesn't help either.

From a technical perspective, yes, the stock moved, but with low volume—less than 2 million naira a day. This was most likely due to people trying to acquire the stock regardless of price. On the RSI, moving from oversold to almost overbought in just 3 days is not a good sign either.

This is not a sell or buy call; please do your own due diligence. As mentioned, this was a quick analysis that took me about 5 to 10 minutes, so it may not be the most comprehensive evaluation.

OGG can provide you with a saner analysis, sprinkled with jargons, if that's your preference. cheesy cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 6:25pm On Jun 22
ositadima1:

Regarding Cadbury, I conducted a quick back-of-the-envelope valuation. The 2023 results ended with 19 billion in losses due to foreign exchange issues, with over 36 billion in forex discrepancies that wiped out shareholders' equity and pushed it into negative 6.5 billion.

For the purpose of academic evaluation, let's assume the 7.8 billion operational profit and no forex losses. We can consider the current interest rates on bonds (risk-free) of over 18% with a multiple of 1.5 as risk premium. This amounts to 15.5 naira per share (calculation: profit divided by the product of risk-free rate, 1.5, and outstanding shares).

Even without the losses, I would still consider the stock overpriced. The fact that the first quarter still reported huge losses doesn't help either.

From a technical perspective, yes, the stock moved, but with low volume—less than 2 million naira a day. This was most likely due to people trying to acquire the stock regardless of price. On the RSI, moving from oversold to almost overbought in just 3 days is not a good sign either.

This is not a sell or buy call; please do your own due diligence. As mentioned, this was a quick analysis that took me about 5 to 10 minutes, so it may not be the most comprehensive evaluation.

OGG can provide you with a saner analysis, sprinkled with jargons, if that's your preference. cheesy cheesy grin
You sabi look for trouble. The last sentence is that part of the analysis,lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nosa2(m): 6:45pm On Jun 22
Mfunkynation:

In my opinion, YES!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 7:27pm On Jun 22
ositadima1:

Peter... Where are you? Any hope for Cadbury?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmaodet: 9:01pm On Jun 22
emmanuelewumi:

I still have Lafarge

Please can I have your email address or telegram ID?
I have something private I want to discuss with you offline.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:52am On Jun 23
emmaodet:

Please ask your questions here

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sexybeautiful: 8:02am On Jun 23
Kindly advise on shares to buy tomorrow. I am looking at danfoods( dansugar or nascon). Any better one please share.

Kindly assist with the above, DD will be applied. Any good recommendation. Thank you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by carternkem(m): 8:10am On Jun 23
What app can I use to buy shares ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmaodet: 8:53am On Jun 23
emmanuelewumi:

Please ask your questions here

No, don't worry.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stronglink: 9:02am On Jun 23
carternkem:
What app can I use to buy shares ?
you can try downloading any of these apps: Afrinvestor 2.0 by Afrinvest, i-invest by parthian partners, investment one, itrade by Morgancapital securities limited..... Morgancapital is not an app. You can access them by searching through your browser.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAkpa(m): 9:23am On Jun 23
emmaodet:

Na wa o undecided. You want discussed something private with a stranger... Hmmn undecided

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bovali(f): 9:38am On Jun 23
Mfunkynation:

What is 'JAing'?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bovali(f): 9:39am On Jun 23
DrAkpa:

Na wa o undecided. You want discussed something private with a stranger... Hmmn undecided

Its like he wanted to ask him out grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 10:16am On Jun 23
bovali:

What is 'JAing'?

I think he is making reference to JAPAUL GOLD.. check the capital letters
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ololufemi: 12:49pm On Jun 23
emmaodet:

E come be like say you wan toast Oga Emma for corner. 😂
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmaodet: 1:04pm On Jun 23
ololufemi:

E come be like say you wan toast Oga Emma for corner. 😂

Why will I toast him? I have a personal question I want to ask him and since he is not interested, let's leave it that way

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 1:37pm On Jun 23
Fidson don land.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 2:43pm On Jun 23
bovali:

What is 'JAing'?
I guess it japa , that is to say he will see some profit b4 selling off

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 4:03pm On Jun 23
COMPUTER WAREHOUSE GROUP ATTEMPTING DOUBLE BOTTOM
CWG slightly touched support at 5 and got rejected, will this form double bottom and cause a rise in the stock price?

PLAN YOUR TRADES AND TRADE YOUR PLANS
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 5:58pm On Jun 23
@Zikkychops
I hope you will be around tomorrow.
Some of us always look forward to your exclusive update on the Oando court outcome.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Choiceguy: 7:28pm On Jun 23
sky2891:
@Zikkychops
I hope you will be around tomorrow.
Some of us always look forward to your exclusive update on the Oando court outcome.

@ Zikkychops,I know we can count on you for the updates tomorrow. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bovali(f): 9:35pm On Jun 23
BullBearMkt:
COMPUTER WAREHOUSE GROUP ATTEMPTING DOUBLE BOTTOM
CWG slightly touched support at 5 and got rejected, will this form double bottom and cause a rise in the stock price?

PLAN YOUR TRADES AND TRADE YOUR PLANS
grin grin grin grin grin

Did quick analysis and based on their current valuation, I still think it has a bit more to drop before seeing any respite. Seeing lower highs and lower lows

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:55pm On Jun 23
Agbalowomeri:

Na Mendes hands dey there

My own Mendes? Ahhh
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:56pm On Jun 23
nosa2:

Well I'm buying. The guy who is selling obviously thinks it's expensive and as such will go down (he could also need money for school fees sha but thats another story). Either way Time will tell.

"You will regret this".
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nosa2(m): 12:38am On Jun 24
mendes911:

"You will regret this".

You think Banks are over valued?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 5:37am On Jun 24
Please what's the likely price of Nigerian Breweries rights issue?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 7:24am On Jun 24
https://punchng.com/tinubu-celebrates-as-nigeria-sells-gold-injects-5m-into-economy/

The sale of gold by Nigeria has started. Japaul we are waiting... make us some heavy money
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:35am On Jun 24
mendes911:

My own Mendes? Ahhh

We don miss you
Na why I call you out grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7824) (7825) (7826) (7827) (7828) (7829) (7830) ... (7840) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: handsomebolanle, Kwibaba(m), Pesuzok(m), sokul and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.