Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,023 members, 7,919,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 04:26 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7870) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11339701 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7867) (7868) (7869) (7870) (7871) (7872) (7873) ... (7984) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 4:02pm On Jul 09
SonofElElyonRet:

Big people bypassing the market.... rubbish

And is it not supposed to be Closed Period for insiders? And insiders must be involved here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:06pm On Jul 09
KarlTom:
How sir?

That price is within the permissible range... wink

If that quantity was to be bought on the floor, the stock might be on full bid for over a week and would not have been able to buy the desired quantity at that price.

Over N40 billion worth was traded

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimex38: 4:09pm On Jul 09
sky2891:

So, what happens now with common sense that the EPS of Q1 is 0.82 or is it 0.41?
Me I don't know..
ask him(Hes the common sense man) grin,
I just remembered him and his Veritaskap abracadabra when everywhere was initially RED this yr. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 5:01pm On Jul 09
pls what's the number of outstanding shares of Guaranty Trust Bank. I am seeing conflicting figures. 28B+ or 21B+
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 5:06pm On Jul 09
Choiceguy:

Like Oga Agba said capital preservation is better than getting trapped when you are looking for capital appreciation,according to him, one single bad result or news can get you trapped and Oando will return you back to #5. You will lose the paper profit/ your capital too.
I will suggest, investors should invest in other oil sectors that has ability of rising with less risk of you lossing your money (Eterna oil etc one of oga bullbearmkt recommendation) and sleep with two eyes close,knowing that if dangote refinery takes off sellin of refineried product that the price will skyrocket.according to Oga currentprice he will buy when he see reasons to buy.it is better we see what wale is bringing out and determine his body language before joining.

Please it is not a recommendation but personal veiw. Always apply DD. grin

I have always been the one telling people that OANDO is nothing but gamble until Wale come out clean... Anyone buying it should know that too...

Eternal oil wey person use yab me sometimes ago...

I don tey for this game nobi today grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 5:08pm On Jul 09
SonofElElyonRet:

Nobi today na... Na normal levels ask OTE$ grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 5:12pm On Jul 09
SonofElElyonRet:

LOL!! Floor trading on the NGX is for retail investors. Those who buy wholesale has no business with the daily ups and downs of the floor of the NGX.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4willer: 5:59pm On Jul 09
Now that the FG has established Livestock Ministry, I wonder how this would impact the Livestock shares...Just wondering.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:05pm On Jul 09
https://techcabal.com/2024/07/08/gtco-raise/

"I am not going to name any bank. We are not in 40 countries, there is no business in 40 countries. It's a waste of time... says Mr Sugun Agbaje

It's clear that the Group MD/CEO of GTCO may be referring to another Nigerian bank with lots of international "tentacles".
...perhaps given a hint to what might be the future performance of that bank.

The question is; what bank was he possibly referring to?
UBA... ECOBANK?
Not sure ACCESSCORP has that much spread.

We know that GTCO favours a selective but proficient method of business expansion often driven by organic growth models that are value-additive.
...that I think, is why the coy is by far the most efficiently run banking entity in the country. (ref: consistently better NIR, NIS/NII, NIM, CIR, EM, AsQ/AsY)

Mr Sugun Agbaje knows something. cheesy cool
It is well
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:07pm On Jul 09
onegentleguy:

"I am not going to name any bank. We are not in 40 countries, there is no business in 40 countries. It's a waste of time... says Mr Sugun Agbaje

It's clear that the Group MD/CEO of GTCO may be referring to another Nigerian bank with lots of international "tentacles".
... perhaps given a hint to what might be the future performance of that bank.

UBA... ECOBANK?

We know that GTCO favours a selective but proficient method of business expansion often driven by organic growth models that are value-additive.
...that I think, is why the coy is by far the most efficiently run banking entity in the country. (ref: consistently better NIR, NIS/NII, NIM, CIR, EM, AsQ/AsY)

It is well

Critical thinking would imply that the basis for Mr. Segun Agbaje's purported statement may be on margin of cost and not necessarily growth.

Mr Agbaje may be referring to the COST OF GROWTH and not just the GROWTH factor alone. (the balance or disequilibrium between cost input and resultant/actual growth)
...it's not about whether you are earning or earned N1 rendering banking services from aggressive expansion (whether loan-based or investment driven) but what it takes for you to earn that N1.
Do you spend 20k, 50k or 80k to earn that N1.
I believe i've repeatedly highlighted this in the past. ...especially when the equity price presented an amazing opportunistic entry @ N17+.
...it's a matter of operational efficiency!

It's the reason GTCO has for decades maintained a better proficiency and efficiency ratio ahead of it's sector peers. ...look at the banks NIR, NIS/NII, NIM...
There's a reason it has a better CBR, CIR and AsQ/AsY.
There's also a reason GTCO has often been priced at an appreciable premium to direct peers like ZENITH, even when the latter measures up and sometimes trump her dividend cash flow.

GTCO earns MORE with LESS!
Proficiency... Efficiency!

This may be the basis for Mr. Segun Agbaje's statement.
But like I said; he probably knows something. cheesy cool

CAVEAT: NOT an investment advice. ...the need for due diligence should still take higher precedence ahead of this post.

It is well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:18pm On Jul 09
Raider76:
*OFF MARKET TRADE*
A total of *118,544,514 units* of *TRANSCORP POWER PLC* were executed as *OFF MARKET TRADE* today *JULY 9, 2024*, at *N413.00* in two deals.The trade was a *NEGOTIATED CROSS DEAL* with *UNITED CAPITAL SECURITIES LTD* as both *BUYER* and *SELLER*
Copied
This is somehow telling you to sit tight, TRANSPOWER's share price will surpass this amount (N413) at the right time.
Enough patience is required.

**Not any form of advice. DD applies**

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 6:39pm On Jul 09
onegentleguy:

...possibly given one a hint to what might be the future performance of that bank.

UBA... ECOBANK?

It is well

Make newbies buy am at Current Market Price?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 6:56pm On Jul 09
Megawealth are you asking for a friend? grin

megawealth01:

Make newbies buy am at Current Market Price?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:56pm On Jul 09
megawealth01:
Rumors has it that O then B all past heads of State have huge stake there... If not that bank should have been given to a serious board to manage very well or better still sold off to serious investors...

Northern cabals won't let that happen sha because they gat save what they consider as theirs....
Its not rumour, it's actually in their financial statements if you go thru the Directors names.....
Iyabo Obasanjo and Babangida's son and daughter.........and some Northern influences
Think these are the connections still saving the bank from the sledge hammer of CBN.
We don't know how they eventually want to dodge it.......maybe thru acquisition as was rumoured sometimes ago.
- What we have now is still suspension due to late filing of results.
Once result is submitted, suspension likely to be lifted.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 7:02pm On Jul 09
LINKASSURE
5k dividend for each 50k share held.
1 share for every 10 shares held.
Qualification date: 12 July 2024
AGM Date: 31 July 2024
Payment date: 31 July 2024
Registrar: APEL CAPITAL

KarlTom:
CORPORATE ANNOUNCEMENTS wink

LINKASSURE
Qualification date: NA
AGM Date: NA
Payment date: NA

REDSTAR
27k dividend for each 50k share held.
Qualification date: August 20, 2024
AGM Date: September 12, 2024
Payment date: September 12, 2024

ACADEMY
10k dividend for each 50k share held.
Qualification date:
Payment date:
Registrar: PACE.

ROYALEX
0k dividend for each 50k share held.
Qualification date:
Payment date:
Registrar: CARDINALSTONE.

CONOIL
350k dividend for each 50k share held.
Qualification date:
Payment date:
Registrar: MERISTEM.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 7:19pm On Jul 09
KarlTom:
Megawealth are you asking for a friend? grin

You know people usually claim they are fighting for newbies so I want to help the old members here fighting for newbies as usual grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 7:20pm On Jul 09
yMcy56:

Its not rumour, it's actually in their financial statements if you go thru the Directors names.....
Iyabo Obasanjo and Babangida's son and daughter.........and some Northern influences
Think these are the connections still saving the bank from the sledge hammer of CBN.
We don't know how they eventually want to dodge it.......maybe thru acquisition as was rumoured sometimes ago.
- What we have now is still suspension due to late filing of results.
Once result is submitted, suspension likely to be lifted.

My sister you want make them say I dey monkey hunt? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 7:22pm On Jul 09
KarlTom:
CORPORATE ANNOUNCEMENTS wink

LINKASSURE
Qualification date: NA
AGM Date: NA
Payment date: NA

REDSTAR
27k dividend for each 50k share held.
Qualification date: August 20, 2024
AGM Date: September 12, 2024
Payment date: September 12, 2024

ACADEMY
10k dividend for each 50k share held.
Qualification date:
Payment date:
Registrar: PACE.

ROYALEX
0k dividend for each 50k share held.
Qualification date:
Payment date:
Registrar: CARDINALSTONE.

CONOIL
350k dividend for each 50k share held.
Qualification date:
Payment date:
Registrar: MERISTEM.

Which one be 0k dividend bro? Abi na new currency or typo? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 7:29pm On Jul 09
megawealth01:

Which one be 0k dividend bro? Abi na new currency or typo? grin
Zero kobo grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 7:33pm On Jul 09
megawealth01:

Nobi today na... Na normal levels ask OTE$ grin
Dem no allow person enjoy price appreciation
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 7:42pm On Jul 09
SonofElElyonRet:

Zero kobo grin

Is there a currency called zero? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 8:09pm On Jul 09
Raider76:

Won't that have a zero-sum effect? Though he will also be losing control in hand while not gaining any additional control in the other.
.If he is the one selling he must have done the maths.Ote did it with his power company .Alhaji did it cement
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 8:19pm On Jul 09
Choiceguy:

Like Oga Agba said capital preservation is better than getting trapped when you are looking for capital appreciation,according to him, one single bad result or news can get you trapped and Oando will return you back to #5. You will lose the paper profit/ your capital too.
I will suggest, investors should invest in other oil sectors that has ability of rising with less risk of you lossing your money (Eterna oil etc one of oga bullbearmkt recommendation) and sleep with two eyes close,knowing that if dangote refinery takes off sellin of refineried product that the price will skyrocket.according to Oga currentprice he will buy when he see reasons to buy.it is better we see what wale is bringing out and determine his body language before joining.

Please it is not a recommendation but personal veiw. Always apply DD. grin
The people buying oando know what they want.And eternal oil and oando no dey the same category of business I will rather pick total even at this price above you eternal oil that I don't even see thr pump station .I doubt if they are even classified among major marketers in nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 9:07pm On Jul 09
yMcy56:

This is somehow telling you to sit tight, TRANSPOWER's share price will surpass this amount (N413) at the right time.
Enough patience is required.

**Not any form of advice. DD applies**

You are absolutely right. This may be a medium term play. I am will to give it 6 months and see what happens. Clearly the major shareholders are not yet ready for price to move. You remember what they did during the listing by abruptly holting the price before it got to N400. Even for this one they made it off market deal so it couldn't move the price. Perhaps they want to mop back some of the shares they were forced to sell to the public in the name of creating a float. However I believe the market now has to move the price to at least N413.

*These are just my biased speculations, and not an advise to anyone.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 9:51pm On Jul 09
narite:

Why are the episodes not being arranged from 1, 2, 3..to 100? They are in descending order.

Anytime I reload my browser I had to start scrolling down again. It irritates me.
I'm sorry you've struggled with the sequence of the episodes. Unfortunately, we do not have control over how the hosts areanges the episodes.

I struggle with it too but that's how it is unfortunately.

Thanks for understanding

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 10:01pm On Jul 09
Raider76:

You are absolutely right. This may be a medium term play. I am will to give it 6 months and see what happens. Clearly the major shareholders are not yet ready for price to move. You remember what they did during the listing by abruptly holting the price before it got to N400. Even for this one they made it off market deal so it couldn't move the price. Perhaps they want to mop back some of the shares they were forced to sell to the public in the name of creating a float. However I believe the market now has to move the price to at least N413.

*These are just my biased speculations, and not an advise to anyone.
Something we go still buy below #300 after the cash out from oando bet this year.I have always said it transcorp power does not worth the price above #300..People are using ote power company as measuring stick forgetting say na manipulation carry the thing to 1k.Better companies that pay above #20 dividend still dey within #300 na company way pay #3 dividend wan reach 1k.The people expecting the unjust price here na bet too..lol.

Oga currentprice pls what is bedsheet saying as price of Transcorp power fv

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 10:02pm On Jul 09
Raider76:

And is it not supposed to be Closed Period for insiders? And insiders must be involved here.

Very valid observation !
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 10:10pm On Jul 09
SonofElElyonRet:

Very valid observation !
It is only major shareholders that can pull such volume now.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lionshare: 10:30pm On Jul 09
Raider76:

But why is the price N413 when the floor price is N373.9 ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by modupeshow: 11:11pm On Jul 09
onegentleguy:

...perhaps given a hint to what might be the future performance of that bank.

UBA... ECOBANK?

It is well

One would know he was referred to Access due to the numerous expansions taking place in the corporation. Roosevelt still spoke about expanding to the US very soon.
The bank also promises there'd be no NPV project for a while hence increased dividends promised. Access will benefit shareholders hugely in the long run.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:15pm On Jul 09
grin
lionshare:

But why is the price N413 when the floor price is N373.9 ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7867) (7868) (7869) (7870) (7871) (7872) (7873) ... (7984) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chimex38, freeman67, presiade(m), Princkez, Nataba and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.