Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:31 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (815) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11116244 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) ... (7835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ucheson2(m): 6:29pm On May 12, 2015
cadno:
Going by the saying....Be greedy when others are Fearful....Unity Bank comes to mind at this moment ..do ur DD o..
My advice to you is that you should not waste your money on unity for now cos the price will still fall to sth around N1

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sokijosh: 6:39pm On May 12, 2015
PETERiCHY:

When the money bags visit the market. they will release most of their holdings whuch will create a massive offer and in turn cause a panic sell off and sharp drop in price within 3 to 4days then they will take a choice position before the real journey will begin.

*ThE OcToPuS*
it is now you are saying the koko of the matter sir.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chukyjones(m): 6:40pm On May 12, 2015
ucheson2:
My advice to you is that you should not waste your money on unity for now cos the price will still fall to sth around N1

If not 50k sef.
#reconstructiverestructuring
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 7:29pm On May 12, 2015
megainvest:
Let's be careful about how we use the "Sell in May and go away" phenomenon. It is not a law in itself but a trading strategy based on historical under-performance of markets between May and November. While this strategy holds some water, it doesn't mean it must always be true. What we as investors need to do is to be aware of such phenomenon and work towards outperforming the expectations.

Remember that the economic seasons change with time and these changes are largely responsible for overall market direction. For example, if oil price stabilizes at say $70 or $80/bbl, NSE will definitely experience a boost. If the naira appreciates significantly, the market will also respond accordingly. If the new government is able to win more foreign investors confidence, the market will also rise. In such cases, if you sell in May, you will come back in November to meet a much stronger market and you would have lost out.

Check out the history of NSE stocks over the period in question and you will see many stocks that completely disobeyed this phenomenon. FO, 7UP, GTB, Fidson, Beta glass etc are all very good examples of this.

Finally, what should we do? As investors, this is the time to re-position in stocks which will guarantee enough price appreciation to weather the storm. Look out for growth stocks and stocks which are likely to go through major positive changes this season. Some obvious examples are Oando, Unilever, Dangote Cement and Mansard. Also focus on sectors that will likely receive more attention from the new government e.g. Agriculture and Industrials.

God bless you my brother, for your sense of altruism.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yem0350: 7:57pm On May 12, 2015
Central Securities Clearing System Plc Closure of Register – Year Ended 31 December 2014 Proposed Dividend 27 kobo per share Proposed Bonus Nil Closure Date 18-22 May 2015 AGM Date Tuesday, June 9 2015 Payment Date 12 June 2015 AGM Venue 20th Floor, NSE building, 2/4 Custom Street, Lagos
Pls, what is their share price
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cadno(m): 8:11pm On May 12, 2015
I am not very bullish on OandO for now, looking at the results from Total, Mobil, Seplat...also the Pipeline Vandals are back again....I will be looking at Access bank instead, - I no know Book oo.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Moneysage: 8:19pm On May 12, 2015
Agbalowomeri:

Bros wetin u dey say na?

Our prophet dikwa dey in the spirit.

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 8:23pm On May 12, 2015
Born2berich:

Will Oando be the #jokeoftheyear again?
Let's wait and find out. grin
Yes i can see that today 17+
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Moneysage: 8:24pm On May 12, 2015
ucheson2:

With your resurgence this night, I have had a good laugh today. Your agitation for Oando sell sounds hilarious.

But wait o, bros, how did you arrive at N1 in the post above? Where on earth do these numbers come from?

#Like seriously, those who invented the stock market should be amazed at our eagerness to throw out figures.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Moneysage: 8:25pm On May 12, 2015
chukyjones:

If not 50k sef.
#reconstructiverestructuring

grin grin grin

You no go kee me o!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Moneysage: 8:33pm On May 12, 2015
@megainvest: Please, pardon my wrongful allusion. I never intended to slight your post. I was only reeling in the amazement that some people somewhere still reckon with that coy. And several posts this evening have confirmed that reckon.

Regarding the Sell in May hypothesis: In the voice of Olu Maintain (wherever those Maintain guys are now!), "The white man that made pencil is also the one who made eraser" grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Moneysage: 8:36pm On May 12, 2015
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Moneysage: 8:37pm On May 12, 2015
myjoy08:

Agba Sir, u dey inside Oando train? THIS ONE NO BE ETERNAL OIL. Or are you interested in buying Oando for short term BULL about to happen anytime from now lol?

Chai!

Una nor go kee me for this forum.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 9:05pm On May 12, 2015
carpenter:
Like play, like play...CHAMS don pay dividends O!

Make una congratulate me, change has come. I don get some of my money back grin

On another note, this E-Dividend thing make sense die.
pls sir educate me more on this e-dividend i filled 5 forms ready to visit my bank, am I to submit d confirmation to d registrars or the bank? and what follows?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by miftpulse: 10:00pm On May 12, 2015
Navigating the stockexchange with uncertainties
When I look at transcorp, the worst case scenario that comes to mind is the reversal of the sale of power plant-- which was funded by banks—hence the sequel of reversing the sale of these assets would also impact on the banks and bring them to the brink of collapsing. Is Buhari going to be that bizarre in action to take such a risk?--what about this is new found love for Atiku Abubakar? Why are some governors paying Atiku homage?-- Now it seems Atiku was the first person to call for the reversal of the sale. I also like if someone could help provide information surrounding a similar reversal in sale of refinery to Dangote and Zenon oil during the Yaradua’s administraton. This should give us an insight into what might play out in the new dispensation. An extension of my concerns for transcorp extends to FO and all the banks.

Another point to look into is how the sale was done: was it along a specific ethic line?..NO; how strong are the oligarchs from the North that benefited from such sale and what power do they or are they likely to wield when it comes to Buhari?
When it come to issue regarding further devaluation of naira, history is on our side as investors—GMB stubbornly rebuffed the IMF and other lending institution’s advice on that in 1985, so I believe though economic realities may demand he devaluate, he might reject the advice.

The rising oil prices across the globe—though an increasing volume of oil is pumped by the Texas cowboys—should help shore up our foreign reserves with a resultant cushioning for defending the naira. These two factors make evaluation unlikely.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Moneysage: 10:29pm On May 12, 2015
Tumbum Tumbum analysis just full everywhere!

grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 11:14pm On May 12, 2015
Moneysage:

grin
Moneysage:
[quote author=soloniger post=33676577]pls sir educate me more on this e-dividend i filled 5 forms ready to visit my bank, am I to submit d confirmation to d registrars or the bank? and what follows?
ok somebody help in putting mo light on above
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:51am On May 13, 2015
Hi !,

Am a startup entrepreneur, urgently in need of an angel investor. If you are interested, please send me a private message. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 6:07am On May 13, 2015
Agbalowomeri:

I can buy Oando at 12-13 and when I do I rarely stay in the train for more than 2 weeks, 20-30% and I'm off

Instead of your 20-30% @ #13. Is it not better you bring it down to #9. atleast from that point we can easily make 100% or what do you think?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:44am On May 13, 2015
VERIFICATION OF NYSC CERTIFICATE

COLLECTION / REPLACEMENT OF NYSC CERTIFICATE OF EXEMPTION

COLLECTION/REPLACEMENT OF NYSC CERTIFICATE OF NATIONAL SERVICE

solve all NYSC problems

ISSUANCE OF NYSC TEMPORARY LETTER OF EXCLUSION

RESOLVE ERRORS IN NYSC CERTIFICATE

Apply for NYSC EXEMPTION LETTER/CERTIFICATE

Apply for NYSC EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE

SOLVE NYSC REGISTRATION PROBLEMS CALL +2348136384606
NYSC POSTING

Registration Of Nigerian Foreign-Trained Graduates

Apply for Relocation

GET POSTED TO A NIGERIAN STATE OF YOUR CHOICE FOR NYSC SERVICE call +2348136384606

NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE CORPS (NYSC) ----- call +2348136384606
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 8:05am On May 13, 2015
Moneysage:
grin
Born2berich:
How dividend payment works by Ugodre Obi-Chukwu

It is the dividend season and so most companies are releasing their results and proposing dividends. A lot of people often miss out on the most important part of investing which is to get dividend.

In a recap of a prior article, we take you through the basics of dividend and how to make sure you get paid.

What are dividends?

Dividends are returns paid to shareholders of a company out of the profits by the company. They are paid periodically upon recommendation by the board of directors and subsequent approval by shareholders of the company at the Annual General Meeting.

How is it paid?

Dividends are issued via dividend warrants or bonus issues and are mailed to shareholders or credited directly to your bank accounts if you filled an e-dividend or e-bonus accounts with the company’s registrar.

How many types of dividend do we have?

We have cash dividends or script dividends. Cash dividends are paid periodically out of the profits of a company. Cash dividends can also be paid when a company has been liquidated and there is still some money to share after creditors have been paid off. Bonus issues are also dividends, except that they are not cash payments. They are dividends issued in the form of shares to shareholders which they can now decide to sell in the stock market in exchange for cash.

I am a shareholder but wasn’t paid dividends?

If you purchased shares of a company after the register is closed (ex-div date) you will not receive dividends. The ex-div date is the cut-off date for payment of dividend and also the date upon which the share price trades less the amount of dividend per share that will be paid. As such, when a company declares dividends it usually accompanies such announcement with a date for closure of register. Therefore, the shareholders that will get dividends are those whose names appear on the register on or before the date of closure of register. If you purchase shares after the register is closed (ex-div) you will not be paid dividends for that period.

Can you use an example?

For example, a company can announce proposed dividend on February 13 2014, closure of register for March 14 2014 and pay dividends April 4th 2014. Those who bought or own shares in the company on or before March 14th 2014 will qualify for dividends. Therefore if you buy shares in the company after March 14, you will not qualify for that dividend. The period between March 14th and April 4th is the ex-div period as such March 14th is when the share price will be “marked down”.

What if I sell after during the ex-div period?

You will still receive dividends as your name is in the register before the ex-div period kicked in. However, you will not receive subsequent dividends for the shares sold.

I bought shares before the ex-div and did not get dividend

This may be as a result of the dividend warrants being lost in transit or delivered to the wrong address. You should visit your registrars if your dividend warrant is not delivered to you or your account is not credited at least one month after the payment date. Your registrars will confirm to you what the problem is and will regularise it as soon as possible.

I have expired dividend warrants

Dividend warrants are like cheques and expire after six months. However, dividends can be revalidated if it is taken to the registrars. Once the warrants have been verified they revalidate the dividend warrant and you can now go ahead and pay it into your bank account. It is always good to cash in on your dividend warrant no matter how small because it is the returns on your investment.

I do not have a current account

Dividends as mentioned above are like cheques and will ordinarily be accepted only in current accounts of banks. Therefore, a shareholder without a current account may not be able to pay the dividend warrant into a savings account. Though, some banks have quasi current account products that can accept dividend warrants. If you only have a savings account, I suggest you try opening a current accounts or go for accounts that can accept dividend warrants to be able to receive your payments. Better still an e-dividend option is recommended

What is an e-dividend?

E-dividend is an electronic transfer of dividends into shareholder’s account without relying on the physical dividend warrant. To however, enjoy e-dividend you will have to fill an e-dividend authorisation form and submit it with your bank. That way, you will receive dividends in a savings or current account.

I have dividend warrants but not in my name

Dividend warrants that are not in your name obviously does not belong to you directly. However, if they are shares that have been transferred to you before the ex-div date you can go to your registrar to regularise the discrepancy. If they were however transferred to you in error, you should return it to the registrars of the company. The name of registrars of the company is always written on the dividend warrant. You can also return it to the corporate affairs department of the company that is paying the dividend.

http://www.punchng.com/business/am-business/how-dividend-payment-works/
I got this
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by abs4uall2000(m): 8:08am On May 13, 2015
Chibuking81:
FBNH at #8.80 and below; Dangote sugar at #6.10 and below; Diamond #4.60 below, Transcorp anything below #3.20 is a good buy; cutix at #1.5; Oando is also good, what I experience during today trading, shows me that Oando might fall to #16 or #15, before moving up again, but it is a very good stock and majority has interest in it; Eterna at #2.65; julius Berger at #51.70.
Thanks boss...
I am very grafeful...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by JAS10: 9:17am On May 13, 2015
@ All the ogas in the house, make una put mouth for this my matter na. i am finding increasingly dificult to make morgan capital to transfer fund from my trading acct to my bank acct. i ve sent several mails to info@morgancapitalgroup.com,morayoj@morgancapitalgroup.com, but nothin forthcomin. pls i need advice frm som member who has succesfully transfered fund frm his/her trading acct to bank acct. thank you all.
JAS10:
abeg oga Myjoy, Yemo and oda ogas, pls help me talk to morgan capital to pls honor my fund transfer request i made since last week. it has been one excuses all dis wile. tank u
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 9:19am On May 13, 2015
JAS10:
@ All the ogas in the house, make una put mouth for this my matter na. i am finding increasingly dificult to make morgan capital to transfer fund from my trading acct to my bank acct. i ve sent several mails to info@morgancapitalgroup.com,morayoj@morgancapitalgroup.com, but nothin forthcomin. pls i need advice frm som member who has succesfully transfered fund frm his/her trading acct to bank acct. thank you all.
Put a call through.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by JAS10: 9:32am On May 13, 2015
@Oga Presiade,i ve called dem several tyms and de promised to make the transfer on monday 11th may2015. which de didnt.do u ve d contact of d ceo?
presiade:

Put a call through.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:34am On May 13, 2015
nyscExemption:
VERIFICATION OF NYSC CERTIFICATE

COLLECTION / REPLACEMENT OF NYSC CERTIFICATE OF EXEMPTION

COLLECTION/REPLACEMENT OF NYSC CERTIFICATE OF NATIONAL SERVICE

solve all NYSC problems

ISSUANCE OF NYSC TEMPORARY LETTER OF EXCLUSION

RESOLVE ERRORS IN NYSC CERTIFICATE

Apply for NYSC EXEMPTION LETTER/CERTIFICATE

Apply for NYSC EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE

SOLVE NYSC REGISTRATION PROBLEMS CALL +2348136384606
NYSC POSTING

Registration Of Nigerian Foreign-Trained Graduates

Apply for Relocation

GET POSTED TO A NIGERIAN STATE OF YOUR CHOICE FOR NYSC SERVICE call +2348136384606

NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE CORPS (NYSC) ----- call +2348136384606

Oga this thread no be FORGERY thread na. You fit create your own thread to achieve your aim

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 9:47am On May 13, 2015
JAS10:
@Oga Presiade,i ve called dem several tyms and de promised to make the transfer on monday 11th may2015. which de didnt.do u ve d contact of d ceo?
Ok, probably call them today again. But you can reach their ceo on: ceo@morgancapitalgroup.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by tunene66: 9:47am On May 13, 2015
JAS10:

I had done it before. Call them. They will either do a direct transfer for a fee or issue a cheque in your name
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:23am On May 13, 2015
JAS10:

Sir, call them right now and let me know the outcome of your conversation. Just try and be patient with them.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 10:24am On May 13, 2015
PETERiCHY:

Oga Myjoy. I bet you can't be more optimistic than me but atimes when have to read between the lines and separate realities from dreams.

Presently there is nothing good about the Nigeria economy, everything is simply being stage managed.

I live & work in Dubai and from the look of things i smell another Naira devaluation.

God's bears me witness that the money I remitted back home last Sunday was at the rate of #57naira per 1diahram while before the 1st Naira devaluation last year Nov. The exchange rate used to be #43naira per diahram.

In other words I see AGRICULTURE as the way forward for Nigerians. As per NSE you are on your own for now.

http://nairametrics.com/nigerian-forex-dealers-are-hammering-out-a-proposal-that-could-usher-in-another-valuation/

Reports suggest foreign exchange dealers in Nigeria are drawing up a proposal that will persuade the CBN to ease some of the restrictions it placed on forex trades. If this happens, it could lead to a drop in the value of the naira and potentially another devaluation of the naira.

The move amongst others is perhaps to ensure that the secondary market is revived and liquidity is re-injected into the market.

With the secondary market basically dried up, operators are likely to run out of business if things don’t change soon enough.

The CBN had late 2014 and early 2015 issued several policy circulars aimed at curbing speculation and pressure on the naira, a situation that had caused them to devalue the currency.

One of the policies circulars issued was a restriction of dollar sales at the interbank market, a move that had JP Morgan threaten to yank Nigeria off its index.
According to Reuters;
Two members of Nigeria’s Financial Market Dealers Association (FMDA) said they were finalising proposals “to find a way to resolve the problem of liquidity and curb speculation.” Another source with direct knowledge of the matter said that the central bank was aware of the talks by the dealers.
Analysts predict any relaxation of the current restrictions placed by the CBN will ultimately result in a drop in the value of the naira, making us wonder whose interest the dealers are really protecting.

However, if speculation is indeed curbed then one will hope that the anticipated slide in the value of the naira will not lead to a further devaluation.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 10:29am On May 13, 2015
JAS10:
what type of account do you have?, if it is saves, include in your message that you accept the transfer fee attached to the transaction, (if it's other banks they charge #1000, while their banks like Sky bank is #500). Secondly, if you sell the money will drop into your stockbroker account after three days, but if you want to withdraw before then, you will be charge extra for that transaction.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aljpimp(m): 10:37am On May 13, 2015
Good day all...pls How do I put funds in my Morgan trading account?

(1) (2) (3) ... (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) ... (7835) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hedgefunds, samguru(m), Olaide1295 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.