Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,507 members, 7,944,482 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 05:16 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11501835 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (8137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 11:40am On Jul 10, 2013
9free
I cant find the blood!
It's still early though.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eagleeye2: 12:23pm On Jul 10, 2013
investment Gurus in the house,
I have really not taken a kin look at the market for a long while now, since the market crashed and I lost heavily. Though I still have some shares (not much) in some companies.
I have recourse to come back here, because a friend have started disturbing me about it again. I will like to know if there are any companies doing public offer?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 12:39pm On Jul 10, 2013
jamace: Make no stock your permanent enemy or friend. Your interest (which is to make profit) should be the only permanent thing. grin

Happy investing.

First bank is my permanent enemy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
otokx:

in business. kill emotions
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
eagle,eye:
investment Gurus in the house,
I have really not taken a kin look at the market for a long while now, since the market crashed and I lost heavily. Though I still have some shares (not much) in some companies.
I have recourse to come back here, because a friend have started disturbing me about it again. I will like to know if there are any companies doing public offer?

hmmmmnnnnn, hold your money

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 1:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
bigx:

in business. kill emotions

Look at the supposed peers of first bank being zenith and guaranty bank then you will realize why i dislike them so.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eagleeye2: 1:13pm On Jul 10, 2013
bigx:

any particular reason?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 1:31pm On Jul 10, 2013
bigx:

Supported, Almost All The Stocks Are OverValued.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eagleeye2: 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2013
soloniger:
Supported, Almost All The Stocks Are OverValued.
ok
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by saanil: 1:42pm On Jul 10, 2013
saanil: Hi Guys.

From where I can get the reporting dates for second quarter results for Guaranty Trust Bank/Zenith Bank/FBN Holdings/UBA and ETI? I want to know the dates when these banks will be releasing their 2q results..If anyone knows here please tell me.

Any help with the question above?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 1:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
soloniger
Please what is your yardstick for for determining that a stock is over-valued? I know that you are not talking about p.e. and eps. Kindly enlighten me.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 2:49pm On Jul 10, 2013
I usualy type the name of the company, the quarter i need, the year i need in google search. Sometimes i narrow it than to nigeria by adding nigeria to it. If my expo works for you do not forget to send me a trailer load of raw enthanol i will mixe it my self and drink.
saanil:

Any help with the question above?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 2:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
Toluway: soloniger
Please what is your yardstick for for determining that a stock is over-valued? I know that you are not talking about p.e. and eps. Kindly enlighten me.
it is very difficult to determine.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 3:11pm On Jul 10, 2013
Thanks Redoil
I asked because a couple of our friends are saying confidenttly that most of the stocks are currently overvalued. A lot of unpredictable factors may determine the price of a stock at a point in time. Prices are unpredictable. But if a stock suddenly rise to a high price without commensurate fundamentals, you may wait for it to adjust. But the bottomline is to invest in a credible company that will pay good dividends, like gtb and zenith. There results are always there to show, so dont ask me whether I am their promoter. Though speculators see things in a different way. If you dont have the wizardry of stockbull and other Ogas at the top, dont speculate. You may still continue to learn from them like I am doing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 3:15pm On Jul 10, 2013
Toluway: soloniger
Dem plenty na.......Oya make I list some. In no particular order.....:
1. Compare current stock price to intrinsic value
2. Compare its P.E to industry average then Market average
3. Compare its fundamental metrics(P/B, EPS, EBITDA, CFO, FCF Yield and ICR) to others in thesame sector and same capitalization structure
4. Check Corperate Governance
5. Management Team and Level of qualitative Management Decisions
6. Dividend History
7. Growth Potential
8. Cooking of Accounts
9. E.T.C
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 3:28pm On Jul 10, 2013
Oga 9free, pls let me be cosulting you before I pick my stocks. I am too old to be looking at all these factors. But I think gtb, fb and zenith are not overvalued at current prices, same for skye bank. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 3:45pm On Jul 10, 2013
Toluway: Oga 9free, pls let me be cosulting you before I pick my stocks. I am too old to be looking at all these factors. But I think gtb, fb and zenith are not overvalued at current prices, same for skye bank. Thanks.
For the bolded, I know say you get enough money so paying consultation fee no go be problem for you.
GTB, 1Bank, Zenith and Skye are all selling at a discount. That is base on my Objective and Subjective analysis...
Caveat: This is not a recommendation for anybody to buy the aforementioned stocks.
Happy Investing.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 4:28pm On Jul 10, 2013
9free
Thanks a hundred times. I know I still need to aquire more education but kindly tell me what you mean by 'the listed stocks are selling at a discount'. They are all in my portfolio anyway, but considering the load of money zenith and gtb are paying as dibidends, I see no reason why they should not constitute most of my investment for now instead of my 32 stocks. Selling at a discount, does it mean leveraging investors?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 4:56pm On Jul 10, 2013
Toluway: 9free
I cant find the blood!
It's still early though.
SO U NO DAY SE WELL WELL? WHAT OF TODAY? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 5:07pm On Jul 10, 2013
otokx:

SO NA U AND 9FREE THEY BRING FBNH PRICE DOWN ? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 5:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
Thanks a hundred times. I know I still need to aquire more education but kindly tell me what you mean by 'the listed stocks are selling at a discount'. They are all in my portfolio anyway, but considering the load of money zenith and gtb are paying as dibidends, I see no reason why they should not constitute most of my investment for now instead of my 32 stocks. Selling at a discount, does it mean leveraging investors?
32 stocks in your Portfolio!!!!!!!?
Everybody, na Oga Toluway be Mr. Market aka NSE. We just dey give gim our money without knowing it.
All this while I no know say na Institutional investor I dey discuss with.
My Oga, I dobale for under this rain wey no wan stop since morning.
Selling at a discount mean say them dey sell for prices below which them suppose dey sell.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 5:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
ihedioramma: SO NA U AND 9FREE THEY BRING FBNH PRICE DOWN ? grin
Bros, my hand no dey ooooohhhh.....
But I no go mind reload 1Bank @ #12.00 sha..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 6:05pm On Jul 10, 2013
9free:
Dem plenty na.......Oya make I list some. In no particular order.....:
1. Compare current stock price to intrinsic value
2. Compare its P.E to industry average then Market average
3. Compare its fundamental metrics(P/B, EPS, EBITDA, CFO, FCF Yield and ICR) to others in thesame sector and same capitalization structure
4. Check Corperate Governance
5. Management Team and Level of qualitative Management Decisions
6. Dividend History
7. Growth Potential
8. Cooking of Accounts
9. E.T.C

Oga 9free, please try and expatiate on the above apart from No. 9
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 6:09pm On Jul 10, 2013
The market seems helpless after the departure of most of the foreign stock investors. There is no defined trend now and support and resistance points are unknown.
still suprise that some investors still want the stocks prices to go down to 2012 lows before they buy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 6:33pm On Jul 10, 2013
9free
The 32 stocks were a function of my learning process my guy. I am now trying to mope up and I shall be investing in not more than 5 poweful stocks into which I could put any amount and go to sleep. I invested in 32 stocks when I was not very sure of what to do, but I am now a different investor. Incidentally, almost all of them are very good. You know it is an amateurish strategy. One funny thing about Nigeria stocks is they almost move at the same time and fall at the same time The reason being that most Nigerian investors are amatures. So, you can still invest in a bad company and get away with it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 6:36pm On Jul 10, 2013
9free:
Bros, my hand no dey ooooohhhh.....
But I no go mind reload 1Bank @ #12.00 sha..
I TELL U SAY I THEY SE U AT CAR PARK WAY I THEY SLEEP U THINK SAY I NO THEY SE U. I MAY BUY AT #10 BOUT AM LOOKING AT #7.50 TO BUY.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 6:39pm On Jul 10, 2013
Toluway: Oga 9free, pls let me be cosulting you before I pick my stocks. I am too old to be looking at all these factors. But I think gtb, fb and zenith are not overvalued at current prices, same for skye bank. Thanks.

Most people agree the banks are still probaboy the only undervalued stocks on the NSE right now. Maybe a few other stocks woukd be julius berger , vitafoam and maybe the insurance boys if your liver gree.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 6:44pm On Jul 10, 2013
Elai147:

Oga 9free, please try and expatiate on the above apart from No. 9
Oga Eliai........ With all due respect, Item no. 9 is the only one I have the time and energy to expatiate. Should I carry on Sir?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxisreal: 7:56pm On Jul 10, 2013
cash is king
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cornwall: 9:13pm On Jul 10, 2013
fxisreal: cash is king

second that
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cornwall: 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2013
The 32 stocks were a function of my learning process my guy. I am now trying to mope up and I shall be investing in not more than 5 poweful stocks into which I could put any amount and go to sleep. I invested in 32 stocks when I was not very sure of what to do, but I am now a different investor. Incidentally, almost all of them are very good. You know it is an amateurish strategy. One funny thing about Nigeria stocks is they almost move at the same time and fall at the same time The reason being that most Nigerian investors are amatures. So, you can still invest in a bad company and get away with it.

I so agree. I Invested in cornerstone jan 2013 @ N0.50 watched it go up to N0.74 then watched it come down to N0.50 and now I am just about to get away with it! When it hit N0.60 I started selling parts of it. My brokers thought I was nuts when I bought it (loads of it)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2013
9free:
Oga Eliai........ With all due respect, Item no. 9 is the only one I have the time and energy to expatiate. Should I carry on Sir?

Lolxxxx No need Sir because I already have a thorough knowledge on that No. 9 - it is self explanatory.

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (8137) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: zendi, MARKETJJC, MadmaxX489, jideflash(m), talk2me2, robobo, Hedgefunds, handsomebolanle, Picky1, chunkuli, Divineability, Agbalowomeri, Ades1, Sunrisepebble, xezoid(m), Ekpoma25, chimex38 and 19 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.