Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,507 members, 7,944,482 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 05:17 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11501835 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (8137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by question(m): 10:26am On Jul 05, 2013
This post was hidden but refused to hide.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 10:32am On Jul 05, 2013
It earlier refused to be deleted. It is a harmless post anyway.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jossy26: 10:39am On Jul 05, 2013
Who dey hide post for her na
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by saanil: 10:49am On Jul 05, 2013
Elai147:
However, this is due to its being a conglomerate firm (with banking operations in 33 African countries). According to recent consensus forecast, ETI will outperform the market and investors were advised to purchase equity in the company. I am sure investors will enjoy this coy in the long term.

Thanks for the link! That was very helpful.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by praxx(m): 11:45am On Jul 05, 2013
Hello guys
Please i need your advice here. I bought some shares years back and i remember i was also given a CSCS number by my broker, but after then i left the country and had not looked into it. Right now i can seem to find my CSCS number. Please guys is there a way i can retrieve my CSCS number as my brokers seem not to be in existence again.
thanks for your help
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Fmdipo(m): 12:56pm On Jul 05, 2013
Omexonomy: i have made up to 65% since january this year. So 100% might be possible.

I just fund my meritrade account today with #50,000 and don't know where to start. Pls any advice from any experienced member.
Which shares should I buy and how many units, should I split the 50k to difference shares and how?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by frond: 1:09pm On Jul 05, 2013
Fmdipo:

I just fund my meritrade account today with #50,000 and don't know where to start. Pls any advice from any experienced member.
Which shares should I buy and how many units, should I split the 50k to difference shares and how?

There are things you should know about trading. It is not for the feeble, though it is rewarding. Firstly you should know when you want to exit the market and your target profit. This is very crucial as this will determine the type of stock you should buy. Please have a target in mind. This will really help.

I could have given you a rough idea about the stock you can buy now but I don't know if you want to be in the market for 1 months, 3 months or even for years. Your target duration is very important. Above all if #50,000 is your max capital, please try and split into 3 or 4 places to buy different stocks. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 1:28pm On Jul 05, 2013
You are lucky because this is the time to buy many stocks which are still down. Split into two stocks with this amount. Let each of your holdings be signigicant enough. If you cant study the charts, listen to discussions here to enable you know stocks that are still very low,

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 3:07pm On Jul 05, 2013
Please anyone know where I can get candlestick chart for PORTPAINT? It's not on the Trw stockbrokers website.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxisreal: 3:53pm On Jul 05, 2013
Elai147: Please anyone know where I can get candlestick chart for PORTPAINT? It's not on the Trw stockbrokers website.

it there bro

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jossy26: 4:02pm On Jul 05, 2013
This stock market sef, after identifying a good stock in portpaint; was so interested in cashing in some funds on the short term, but my otondo stock broker couldn't get it. so na siddon look I dey, dey see d price rising. This is really paining me
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pleep(m): 4:33pm On Jul 05, 2013
Fmdipo:

Are you Talking about TDameritrade? Thats what i use also.

They dont deal with nigerian stocks, only the N.A and E.U indexss. The only positions i have are long BAC (bank of America) which is trading at 12.96 per share and KO (Coca-cola)

but the first rule of trading is to not take anyones advise
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pleep(m): 4:37pm On Jul 05, 2013
This morning i made $150 on BAC cuz of good U.S Jobs numbers... dunno if i should get out now or be greedy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 6:05pm On Jul 05, 2013
jossy26: This stock market sef, after identifying a good stock in portpaint; was so interested in cashing in some funds on the short term, but my otondo stock broker couldn't get it. so na siddon look I dey, dey see d price rising. This is really paining me

Lolxx na everywhere o.. My broker could also not get any No. of units for me.

@fxisreal... Thanks. I would have preferred the one with indicators like the Bollinger Bands and RSI because I am having a feeling that Portpaint will soon be overbought and I need to know if the trend is heading that way as I don't want to enter when the stock starts experiencing a pullback. Anyone with RSI indicator of portpaint should help pls.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 6:11pm On Jul 05, 2013
chillykelly86: DAAR Communications declares N7.8bln PAT in Q3 '12 http://proshareng.com/news/19730

Please, does anybody have any info that explains the "Other Income" of N13bln which made the PAT jump from 40mln in Q2 to 7.84bln in Q3?
I beg, treat as urgent
Nobody has responded to this ever since.
Sorry, Oga 9free's response must have escaped my memory.
Please, house, any information?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 6:35pm On Jul 05, 2013
Were people able to take position in this company early enough?
My advice is to hold or sell down towards or after dividend and take advantage of a better entry price after mark down as it is widely expected that ABC's price will fall after mark down.
But, I still expect this company to deliver again this year.
Do your homework well, and if it pleases you, welcome on board.
chillykelly86:

I think ABC TRANSPORT's proposed dividend is 13k/share. Dividend yield @ current price of 80k is 16.25%

http://www.nse.com.ng/MarketNews/Downloads/Weekly/Weekly%20%20Market%20Report%20for%20the%20Week%20Ended%2003-05-2013.pdf

Excerpts:
ABC TRANSPORT PLC
:
Group Audited Accounts For The Year Ended December 31, 2012
(N'000)
-
Revenue
N
N
Gross earnings
N
N
Profit after
tax
N
N
Proposed dividend
N
N

(Shares Outstanding is 1,507,000,000)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 6:42pm On Jul 05, 2013
chillykelly86: Two stocks I am currently looking at (positively) are these off-shoots of UBA:-
1. UBA Capital
2. African Prudential Registrars

It appears AFRIPRUD has a very strong support at about N1.70
I really hope it can break that support soon. I need to load up on it. I think I have a sizeable amount of UBCAP already.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 6:46pm On Jul 05, 2013
Born 2be Rich: [/b]

Oga chillykelly, Please do you have an idea when insurance companies will release their results?

I hope people are not being oblivious of the happennings in the insurance sector.
I have reduced my holdings in NEM to a level I am comfortable with, going with the delays in releasing results.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxisreal: 6:50pm On Jul 05, 2013
Elai147:

@fxisreal... Thanks. I would have preferred the one with indicators like the Bollinger Bands and RSI because I am having a feeling that Portpaint will soon be overbought and I need to know if the trend is heading that way as I don't want to enter when the stock starts experiencing a pullback. Anyone with RSI indicator of portpaint should help pls.

me too need that 1, unfortunate the site does not provides that, but i think proshare have it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxisreal: 6:54pm On Jul 05, 2013
chillykelly86:

It appears AFRIPRUD has a very strong support at about N1.70
I really hope it can break that support soon. I need to load up on it. I think I have a sizeable amount of UBCAP already.

good to have the Afiprud am looking to enter at a good price if i see but what do u think about it liquidity because only 1b unit available to trade on d floor
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxisreal: 7:02pm On Jul 05, 2013
chillykelly86:

I hope people are not being oblivious of the happennings in the insurance sector.
I have reduced my holdings in NEM to a level I am comfortable with, going with the delays in releasing results.

keeping investors in d darkness like this not a good sign as experience in d past, sold down my holding already with this company jare, good stock dey mkt than holding on hope. insurance company for that matter, my cash under d pillow resting CASH IS KING
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 7:22pm On Jul 05, 2013
@Pleep
Pls get me the email address of a good broker for trading American and European stock exchange market as I want to diversify to this area. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pleep(m): 7:38pm On Jul 05, 2013
http://www.fivecentnickel.com/2008/04/28/the-best-online-stock-brokers/

^ This website has a list of some the top brokerage websites in the U.S, the application process is done online.

This is the one i use: https://wwws.tdameritrade.com/cgi-bin/apps/AccountApplication?entity=103&a=WEB&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tdameritrade.com%2Fhome.page

Keep in mind, things are done very very differently in the U.S and you wont be in contact with a human broker to make trades (although they do have customer service), just simply an online software that you use to buy and sell stocks at your own discretion. There are still some physical brokerage companies but i don't know much about them.... most people use the online brokerages over here.

The websites listed above include contact numbers for further information... u will probably need a U.S bank account
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 8:24pm On Jul 05, 2013
praxx: Hello guys
Please i need your advice here. I bought some shares years back and i remember i was also given a CSCS number by my broker, but after then i left the country and had not looked into it. Right now i can seem to find my CSCS number. Please guys is there a way i can retrieve my CSCS number as my brokers seem not to be in existence again.
thanks for your help

What is the name of your stockbroking firm? They cannot just varnish into thin air. Do you have your Clearing House Number (CHN)? If you have any previous In-House statement from your broker, you can check for your CSCS number there. Alternatively, you can contact CSCS for assistance and advice. I am sure they can be of help.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 8:31pm On Jul 05, 2013
fxisreal:

keeping investors in d darkness like this not a good sign as experience in d past, sold down my holding already with this company jare, good stock dey mkt than holding on hope. insurance company for that matter, my cash under d pillow resting CASH IS KING

You are very correct. Investors are tired of being kept in the dark. I can't wait to sell off my holdings in this sector and say goodbye to it. I cannot just imagine how I got myself involved in some of these insurance stocks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 9:42pm On Jul 05, 2013
@Pleep
Thank you sir. I am a forex trader so I know what you're talking about.
The problem is the Nigerian system where you will transact business online and still have to call the personnel involved to appeal time and again. Whereas you get automatic response in Europe and America.
Keep investing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 06, 2013
Elai147:

Its there in d site. Rsi is under technical indicator while bolinger is under price band.
Una suppose teach me charting ooo. Please send me any relevant material to mercylicious1@mtnnigeria.blackberry.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 10:49am On Jul 06, 2013
Charting is a bundle of intricate nothing. It only tells you what you can see with your eyes. Ability to predict human buy and sell propensity is the paramount factor in stocks trading.
Keep investing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Fmdipo(m): 1:00pm On Jul 06, 2013
frond:

There are things you should know about trading. It is not for the feeble, though it is rewarding. Firstly you should know when you want to exit the market and your target profit. This is very crucial as this will determine the type of stock you should buy. Please have a target in mind. This will really help.

I could have given you a rough idea about the stock you can buy now but I don't know if you want to be in the market for 1 months, 3 months or even for years. Your target duration is very important. Above all if #50,000 is your max capital, please try and split into 3 or 4 places to buy different stocks. Hope this helps.

I want to trade stocks that I will realize profit within three to six months

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (8137) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jideflash(m), robobo, Hedgefunds, Picky1, chunkuli, Divineability, Agbalowomeri, Ades1, Sunrisepebble, talk2me2, emmanuelewumi(m), chimex38, handsomebolanle and 17 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.