Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,888 members, 7,973,046 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 06:54 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11671736 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (8272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by frond: 1:29pm On Jul 01, 2013
saanil: Guys any ideas on the exchange rate? It has been quite volatile in the past few weeks - any idea where it is headed in coming time?

Naira to devalue more. Nigeria produces/supplies less oil now due to vandalism. The value of our currency in the medium term depends on the amount of oil we supply.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by saanil: 1:40pm On Jul 01, 2013
frond:

Naira to devalue more. Nigeria produces/supplies less oil now due to vandalism. The value of our currency in the medium term depends on the amount of oil we supply.

Isn't the devaluation cause for concern? Do you see it going to 165 versus the dollar?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by frond: 1:50pm On Jul 01, 2013
saanil:

Isn't the devaluation cause for concern? Do you see it going to 165 versus the dollar?

Cause of concern? Yes for the importers and people that use their products. Good news for the exporters which means they can get more naira. 165 in the short and medium term is very real unless government decides to prop up naira as usual by depleting their foreign exchange. Politically, you can't predict what the government can do at this time. However it doesn't make economic sense for the government to defend naira at 165.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 2:26pm On Jul 01, 2013
frond:

Cause of concern? Yes for the importers and people that use their products. Good news for the exporters which means they can get more naira. 165 in the short and medium term is very real unless government decides to prop up naira as usual by depleting their foreign exchange. Politically, you can't predict what the government can do at this time. However it doesn't make economic sense for the government to defend naira at 165.
Face of Frond, Voice of Oga Nosa2. By their posts you shall know them.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxisreal: 2:38pm On Jul 01, 2013
9free:
Face of Frond, Voice of Oga Nosa2. By their posts you shall know them.

100% sure not him.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pleep(m): 4:19pm On Jul 01, 2013
Omexonomy: i have made up to 65% since january this year. So 100% might be possible.
Thats incredible..

i would be happy to make 15% here in the U.S. grin Please can someone tell me how to get involved in the NSX, can you do it online w/ dollars or do you have to be in Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by uuspace(m): 6:23pm On Jul 01, 2013
[quote author=pleep] Thats incredible..

i would be happy to make 15% here in the U.S. grin Please can someone tell me how to get involved in the NSX, can you do it online w/ dollars or do you have to be in Nigeria?[/quot

1.You need to open a stockbroking account with a reputable firm
2.Pay in money to the account, then issue mandate for them to purchase on your behalf
3.Join discussion forums like this and SMN to follow trends on the NSE, and also to learn about investing in nigeria

N.b.
1.u can do it online, the broker u choose will determine the currency
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 6:32pm On Jul 01, 2013
pleep: Thats incredible..

i would be happy to make 15% here in the U.S. grin Please can someone tell me how to get involved in the NSX, can you do it online w/ dollars or do you have to be in Nigeria?
come to nigeria and invest you will never regret it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omexonomy: 6:37pm On Jul 01, 2013
pleep: Thats incredible..

you want to compete with us with ur dollars i hate it. NONE THE LESS YOU CAN STILL JOIN US. I believe allmost All the traders in this forum do it on line both paying and withdrawing are being done online. The last time i saw my stockbrocker was early 2010 and i herd they had move from their last location. If you are intrested ask the house to to recomend a reputable stockbroker to you for my own rank fourth in nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 8:07pm On Jul 01, 2013
it's clear that money was pumped into our capital market and now we really see how well we really look.the market must be steady and controlled by indigenous companies and investors if we want to be on safer side. Another fear now is the issue of dangote giant coy with heavy chain mend with the stock market and dragging the market.what will happen if dangote leave office,if his giant coy is heavily staked by foreigners as they're really blowing eyes on it.more big companies need to join the market to balance this potential threat
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 8:18pm On Jul 01, 2013
every company wants to issue rights.they dont want to be chased by interest rate.it will strengthen the market in the future but the implication is that, there may not be consciousness in the companies management to make the best use of the instrument.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 8:23pm On Jul 01, 2013
[quote author=stockbull]

it's clear that money was pumped into our capital market and now we really see how well we really look.the market must be steady and controlled by indigenous companies and investors if we want to be on safer side. Another fear now is the issue of dangote giant coy with heavy chain mend with the stock market and dragging the market.what will happen if dangote leave office,if his giant coy is heavily staked . HELLO MY BROTHER WHAT IS THE BUSINESS OF NASD? AND HOW STRONG IT IS?.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 8:30pm On Jul 01, 2013
now we want to trade on the counter. The speculators lounge.let's see how we will develop this to attract the world
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cornwall: 10:23pm On Jul 01, 2013
I hear our friend the bear is now on steroids. Ready to give the bull another pummeling.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cornwall: 10:36pm On Jul 01, 2013
stockbull:

it's clear that money was pumped into our capital market and now we really see how well we really look.the market must be steady and controlled by indigenous companies and investors if we want to be on safer side. Another fear now is the issue of dangote giant coy with heavy chain mend with the stock market and dragging the market.what will happen if dangote leave office,if his giant coy is heavily staked by foreigners as they're really blowing eyes on it.more big companies need to join the market to balance this potential threat

'the market must be steady and controlled by indigenous companies and investors if we want to be on safer side'

What we need in the nse is for intense involvement of Nigerians and the only way this will happen is by 1) the market staying steady and without the media screaming "investors lose billions in the stock market today" 2) the listing of more indigenous companies like in telecommunications and power.

'what will happen if dangote leave office,if his giant coy is heavily staked by foreigners as they're really blowing eyes on it'

this statement is unfounded!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:26am On Jul 02, 2013
i also suggest the max loss per day should be pegged at 5percent while max gain should be 10percent per day. Is that a tall dream? I think this might stimulate growth too.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 4:44am On Jul 02, 2013
hello stockbull, you know say i day for car park day sleep as i was sleeping i come se you looking at fbnh and flour mills stock, pls stockbull what do you want to do with that stock? i all so se 9free buying uba stock .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by saanil: 5:27am On Jul 02, 2013
frond:
However it doesn't make economic sense for the government to defend naira at 165.

Why? The CBN always wanted the exchange rate to be between 150-160. Now that exchange rate is moving further away from that range the CBN should be more hungry to protect it. Even I am wondering what actually CBN wants to do.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 7:36am On Jul 02, 2013
ihedioramma: hello stockbull, you know say i day for car park day sleep as i was sleeping i come se you looking at fbnh and flour mills stock, pls stockbull what do you want to do with that stock? i all so se 9free buying uba stock .
My Oga na B2bR you see oooo......na him like exceptional items for balance sheet pass me.
Meanwhile my broker couldn't get the additional units of Diamond bank I bidded for at sub N6.00.
Now I don't know which stock to sink this teshere money at hand.
Any suggestions my Ogas?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 8:04am On Jul 02, 2013
stockbull:

now we want to trade on the counter. The speculators lounge.let's see how we will develop this to attract the world

Great! This is what I have been waiting for.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9jaCrusade: 8:35am On Jul 02, 2013
Good morning House.

I have been looking at Courtville lately. At the current price of .78k, by next Tuesday, if you invest in it, you will be making at least[b] 25% profit[/b] on your investment. Someone please double check for the house. That is an awesome package by any standard...5k dividend and 1 for 5 bonus.

My traders at GTL should be busy today
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxisreal: 8:52am On Jul 02, 2013
9jaCrusade: Good morning House.

I have been looking at Courtville lately. At the current price of .78k, by next Tuesday, if you invest in it, you will be making at least[b] 25% profit[/b] on your investment. Someone please double check for the house. That is an awesome package by any standard...5k dividend and 1 for 5 bonus.

My traders at GTL should be busy today

you may be right with d below report " div & bonus", but when i saw 1st quarter report with higher pe i sold mine @82k

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9jaCrusade: 9:22am On Jul 02, 2013
fxisreal:

you may be right with d below report " div & bonus", but when i saw 1st quarter report with higher pe i sold mine @82k

Thanks. I personally think the stock has a lot of potential in the medium and long term. One just wonders what is holding shares like this down at such a cheap price. They have been declaring profits for over 4 years straight and going through Lagos life everyday, you can see their products every where...they are really expanding their business and moving into new territories... they are even contemplating the carribeans now, after West Africa.

Also their Profitability to Revenue ratio has been steadily on the rise for the past years coming. Their CEO was bold enough to say on the floor of the NSE that their current price does not reflect their performance, when he last visited in May i think. He was unequivocal about > N1. I like such statements. Shows he knows what he's doing.

I am def. moving there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jossy26: 3:29pm On Jul 02, 2013
UACN acquires 51% equity stake in portland paints and product plc. ( Source - www.proshareng.com )
Guys, what do you think about this news, this kind of announcement was made on livestock some few months and we can all see the performance.
Moi wan order PPNL tomorrow oo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2013
jossy26: UACN acquires 51% equity stake in portland paints and product plc. ( Source - www.proshareng.com )
Guys, what do you think about this news, this kind of announcement was made on livestock some few months and we can all see the performance.
Moi wan order PPNL tomorrow oo

this looks like gambling
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jossy26: 4:27pm On Jul 02, 2013
^^^ why do you say so?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2013
jossy26: ^^^ why do you say so?

because you did not show us any fundamentals
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jossy26: 6:05pm On Jul 02, 2013
otokx:

because you did not show us any fundamentals
But livestock didn't have any fundamentals either except for investors interest in agricultural stocks and market sentiment on UACN as a company cos of it history over a long period of time. I may be wrong in my judgement but I do know great news like this affect NSE. My 2cent, I be otondo for stockmarket
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 02, 2013
Guys, just foun this trend that will be useful for traders. I just read d trend dt stock prices move up month end and 1st week of the month.
http://trwstockbrokers./2013/07/02/will-typical-month-end-market-strength-show-up-by-sy-harding/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 8:31pm On Jul 02, 2013
9free:
My Oga na B2bR you see oooo......na him like exceptional items for balance sheet pass me.
Meanwhile my broker couldn't get the additional units of Diamond bank I bidded for at sub N6.00.
Now I don't know which stock to sink this teshere money at hand.
Any suggestions my Ogas?
SO U WAN TELL ME SAY U NO BE OUR OGA AT THE TOP? and u wan tell me say u be two in one? why not try oando or buy more uba?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 02, 2013
ihedioramma: SO U WAN TELL ME SAY U NO BE OUR OGA AT THE TOP? and u wan tell me say u be two in one? why not try oando or buy more uba?
Oando gini? When analyst have recommened sell for Oando. It has nt demonstrated any growth and has negative turn over. I put bid for portpaints 2moro, it has gained 10% already, I just hope my brokers will see to buy for me. Another one dt am looking at is Nahco. Diamond has slipped off my finger, I didn't buy d time I was to buy as I had a family issue dt wiped d whole cash. Thank God for money- it speaks. I also thank God for my job, I wonder what mum wuld hv done if myself and siblings were nt working. We just shared d required money and paid.
There will always be another opportunity to invest.

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (8272) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Saybal(m), Mpeace(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.