Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,008 members, 7,928,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 07:38 AM

Jonathan Continues To Impress!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Continues To Impress!! (16412 Views)

Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) / Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update / Public Power Supply Continues To Improve (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 13, 2012
It's so exciting to note that while the HATERS continue to HATE, Jonathan has continued to IMPRESS and DELIVER.

1) Nothing excites me more than the privatisation of PHCN that is almost being concluded by this govt. For me, this is the most important achievement of the GEJ administration. The era of 24hrs power supply is around the corner. Some of us now see more days of 24hrs non-stop public power supply.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201211250072.html
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/phcn-fg-shifts-ground-agrees-to-pay-off-54000-staff/

2) Another exciting transformation is the massive rehabilitation of the rail transport system. Only few days ago, it was reported that the Lagos-Kano rail line has been completed, tested, and ready to take-off 20th of this month.
This will add to the numerous other rail routes that have been rehabilitated and put to use including the Lagos-Illorin rail line and other intra-city railway services. Other corridors currently under serious construction include eastern corridor(Enugu-PH-north), Abuja-Kaduna(fast rail line), Itapke-Ajaokuta-Warri(fast rail line).
The implication of reviving the rail transport cannot be over-emphasised, including reduced cost of transportation, reduced price of food items, safer transport, longer life span of our roads,etc
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/1000-commuters-move-by-train-to-ilorin/
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/sambo-rehabilitation-of-4000km-rail-lines-in-advanced-stages/126761/
http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-kano-mass-transit-train-service-begins-dec-20/

3) What about the massive re-modelling of 11 airports in Nigeria, including the one Enugu, Owerri, Benin,Lagos, Kano, Yola, etc. The completed ones are simply beautiful to behold. When the 11 airports currently under re-construction are completed, reconstruction will begin immediately in the remaining 11 airports under FAAN. Also part of the aviation master plan of this govt is total over-haul of the institutions in the industry(already done), creation of a national carrier, building of aero-tropolis(cities around the airports), building of 5 new international terminals in Enugu, PH, Lagos and Kano. If this is not transformation, tell me what it is.
https://www.nairaland.com/1087612/new-face-remodelled-benin-airport
http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/10/photo-speak-commissioning-of-remodelled-gat-mma-lagos.html
http://nigerianaviation./2012/09/26/upgraded-airport-terminals-at-enugu-and-port-harcourt/
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=95770:airports-remodelling-on-course&catid=32:business-travel&Itemid=563

4) The education sector has also received serious attention in terms of infrastructural upgrade. The federal unity schools are being rehabilitated in phases, Almajiri schools are being built to cater for the over 11million out of school children in the north, the higher institutions are recieving more funds than ever this time,etc Also important is the creation of 9 new federal universities in Ebonyi, Jigawa, Gombe, Ekiti, Bayelsa, Kogi,etc In fact, some of the brand new universities, including federal university Kashere, Gombe has commenced operation providing access to higher education for locals and employment.
http://prnigeria.com/2012/08/08/federal-university-kashere-holds-maiden-matriculation/
http://www.fulokoja.edu.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38
http://www.universitiesnews.com/2012/08/10/nigeria-fg-increases-funding-to-universities-others-by-over-40-percent/

5) Significant progress is being made in terms of road construction. In the last 1 to 2yrs, 11 inherited(most abandoned) road projects, were COMPLETED, including: Vom-Manchok road (Plateau State), Yola-Numan road (Adamawa State), Gombe Bye-pass (Gombe State), Kaduna Refinery road (Kaduna State), Kano-Daura-Mai Adua road (Katsina State), Aba-Owerri road (Abia State), Onitsha-Owerri road (Anambra State) and Oyo-Ogbomosho road (Oyo State).
Massive work is ongoing in various other highways in the 6 geo-political zones, including ongoing dualisation of Abuja–Abaji–Lokoja Road, Kano–Potiskum–Maiduguri Road; the Benin–Ore–Shagamu Expressway; the Onitsha–Enugu Expressway; and the construction of the Loko–Oweto bridge( across River Benue), East-West road,etc
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/providing-motorable-road-for-nigerians-is-my-commitment/
http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/42461/2012/12/13/abujalokoja_road_ready_2014_minister.html
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/newsextra/60567-govt-to-complete-enugu-onitsha-expressway-soon.html
We expect ACTUAL construction of 2nd Niger bridge to commence in 2013.
Failure to build 2nd Niger Bridge is the ONLY thing that can make me stop supporting GEJ. Enugu-PH road is currently undergoing rehabilitation to make it motorable, pending when full re-construction will commence. Lagos-Ibadan expressway is currently recieving similar attention.

29 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by peckhamboi: 8:58pm On Dec 13, 2012
Continue fooling yourself.

53 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by SisiKill1: 9:01pm On Dec 13, 2012
I'm confused. . .which country did all this happen?

63 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 13, 2012
Your grave awaits you!!

Fear the day you will be alone in the grave! That day there will be no money, nothing just your conscience.

Do the right thing and tell people the truth. Nigeria is not working for Nigerians anymore. Our situation is worse under Jonathan.

BEAF, your grave awaits you! Stop lying

33 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 13, 2012
operation earn your hamper

someone must have read the forbes africa article on nairaland being africas largest forum and realised that naijapunditpacksheet can't spread the gospel of jonas bs - so the monekys are back to nl

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by PointB: 9:25pm On Dec 13, 2012
0lumide: Your grave awaits you!!

Fear the day you will be alone in the grave! That day there will be no money, nothing just your conscience.

Do the right thing and tell people the truth. Nigeria is not working for Nigerians anymore. Our situation is worse under Jonathan.

BEAF, your grave awaits you! Stop lying

I suppose he provided a link. Why don't you simply check them out instead of regressing to the boring tactics of attacking the messenger?

17 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 13, 2012
HATERS continue to HATE, while GEJ continues to DELIVER and IMPRESS:

6) For me the MOST IMPORTANT achievement and LEGACY of the GEJ administration is CULTURIZATION of free and fair elections. The 2011 elections, adjudged by both local and international observers as free and fair, was the turning point in the history of Nigeria. It effectively marked the END of DO-OR-DIE and Amala politics. Since then, free and fair elections is the RULE. The last Edo and Ondo elections were no different. Free and fair elections is the NUMBER ONE and MOST IMPORTANT dividend of democracy and has the potential for unleashing other dividends of democracy. The import of free and fair election to our development was emphasised by no other person than Achebe himself in his latest book-There was a country. Under the sub-heading “State Resuscitation and Recovery”, Achebe suggests that “the Nigerian solution” will come in stages. “First we have to nurture and strengthen our democratic institutions – and STRIVE for the freest and fairest elections possible. That will place the true candidates of the people in office,” he writes. This process, can lead to a thriving free press and strong justice system, with checks and balances and corruption-curbing laws NATURALLY finding a footing. He adds: “A new patriotic consciousness has to be developed… based on an awareness of the responsibility of leaders to the led… and disseminated by civil society, schools and intellectuals. It is from this kind of environment that a leader, humbled by the trust placed upon him by the people, will emerge, willing to use the power given to him for the good of the people.”
Sorry for those looking for anti-corruption WAR-LORD like Buhari, NOTHING can fight corruption better than free and fair elections.
http://sahelblog./2011/04/20/international-observers-comment-on-nigerias-elections/

23 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 13, 2012
the only legacy of gej is the free internet to the army of paid praise singers spamming the internet

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by PointB: 9:29pm On Dec 13, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
NOTHING can fight corruption better than free and fair elections.

Spot on!

This is the quote of the century!

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by SisiKill1: 9:30pm On Dec 13, 2012
oyb: the only legacy of gej is the free internet to the army of paid praise singers spamming the internet

Bhahahahaha!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by ujchief(m): 9:30pm On Dec 13, 2012
So failure to construct 2nd niger bridge is the only thing that will make you to stop kissing his arsè? What of the fact that lives are lost daily while over N900bil was budgeted for security this year? What of the fact that Gej runs the most corupt government of all times? That all reports on fuel subsidy has been pushed under the carpet, the recent being that his labour and productivity minister, whose company was indicted of N2.1bil fraud is heading the newest white paper committee stil investigating the same subsidy fraud? What of the fact that he doesnt give a damn?
I get it, you're just doing the biding of ur pay-masters, but this isnt 2011 when u guys decieved people into voting the 'shoeless' messiah.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 13, 2012
PointB:

Spot on!

This is the quote of the century!
Thank you dear. Let the HATERS continue to wallow in hatred

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 13, 2012
Sincere nigerian,your president pays ex-militant close to a billion naira a year for no services...is this is a right move?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by ujchief(m): 9:44pm On Dec 13, 2012
Free and fair election my arsè! Your messiah got 1.1mil votes from my state, out of the registered 1.2mil voters, suggesting more than 85% turnout! Is that ur definition of free and fair? The only lesson i learnt from Edo and ondo elections was that elections should be done over a period of time, say 2 states per day, then next day for another 2 states so as to reduced rigging. Edo and osun was devoid of pdp rigging simply b'cos everyone's eyes and attention was there, so they kept track of most ballot boxes.
Try again dude.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 13, 2012
ujchief: So failure to construct 2nd niger bridge is the only thing that will make you to stop kissing his arsè? What of the fact that lives are lost daily while over N900bil was budgeted for security this year? What of the fact that Gej runs the most corupt government of all times? That all reports on fuel subsidy has been pushed under the carpet, the recent being that his labour and productivity minister, whose company was indicted of N2.1bil fraud is heading the newest white paper committee stil investigating the same subsidy fraud? What of the fact that he doesnt give a damn?
I get it, you're just doing the biding of ur pay-masters, but this isnt 2011 when u guys decieved people into voting the 'shoeless' messiah.
My friend, those are unsubstantiated allegations, propaganda and most times LIES. If they were true, where then is the govt getting funds to do the projects and programmes highlighted above? It's easy to allege anything but let those who allege prove. As for insecurity in the north, the president has deployed JTF there. What else do you expect from him? He is not a muslim and so boko haram people will not even listen to him

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by otokx(m): 9:51pm On Dec 13, 2012
Poster please travel outside Nigeria to Europe, South Africa or even Ghana to see people that are moving forward. For your information from next year WHO has made it compulsory for all travellers from Nigeria, Afghanistan and Pakistan to be giving the oral polio virus whether men, children or babies. How long shall we continue to deceive ourselves in this country?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 13, 2012
ujchief: Free and fair election my arsè! Your messiah got 1.1mil votes from my state, out of the registered 1.2mil voters, suggesting more than 85% turnout! Is that ur definition of free and fair? The only lesson i learnt from Edo and ondo elections was that elections should be done over a period of time, say 2 states per day, then next day for another 2 states so as to reduced rigging. Edo and osun was devoid of pdp rigging simply b'cos everyone's eyes and attention was there, so they kept track of most ballot boxes.
Try again dude.
No doubt there were incidences of over-voting and under-age voting in the 2011 elections but compared to past elections, including that of the 2nd and first republic, the 2011 elections was 1000times better. You'v forgotten that the PDP lost governorship seat in Imo, Ogun, Nasarawa and Oyo, in addition to several house of reps and senatorial posts. In fact, that election was unprecedented. At times its easy to forget how much progress has been made but I refuse to forget. However, there are still lots of room for improvement.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 13, 2012
otokx: Poster please travel outside Nigeria to Europe, South Africa or even Ghana to see people that are moving forward. For your information from next year WHO has made it compulsory for all travellers from Nigeria, Afghanistan and Pakistan to be giving the oral polio virus whether men, children or babies. How long shall we continue to deceive ourselves in this country?
No doubt there is still SO MUCH room for improvement but the question is are we making progress in this dispensation?
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 13, 2012
YOUR GRAVE AWAITS YOU BEAF!! YOU ARE GOING TO BE ALONE WITH YOUR CONSCIENCE IN YOUR GRAVE!

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 13, 2012
Jonathan is a puppet in the hands of the famous unknown known cabals...nigeria must rise up to fight against this old corrupt politicians that are clogging the wheels of nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by karlmax2: 10:13pm On Dec 13, 2012
US Approves $250m Loan for Fertilizer Facility in Nigeria

13 Dec 2012

By Tokunbo Adedoja

The Board of Directors of Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) has approved a $250 million loan to fund a nitrogen fertilizer facility in Nigeria.

OPIC is a United States Government’s development finance institution that mobilizes private capital to help solve critical development challenges and its achieves its mission by providing investors with financing, guarantees, political risk insurance, and support for private equity investment funds.

Disclosing this in Washington DC, State Department's Spokesperson, Victoria Nuland, said: "I want to, before we start, just commend the OPIC Board of Directors for approving two major projects in Africa totaling some $400 million. These are actually both pretty cool. This first one is called Greenpark and it includes a $250 million loan to fund a nitrogen fertilizer facility in Nigeria."

More to follow....

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/us-approves-250m-loan-for-fertilizer-facility-in-nigeria/133484/

@op it gets better haters would commit suicide soon more investment for nigerian. haters can lie,bomb and live under their propoganda but the truth shall come to light kudos to GEJ he remains the best presido!!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by taharqa: 10:14pm On Dec 13, 2012
0lumide: YOUR GRAVE AWAITS YOU BEAF!! YOU ARE GOING TO BE ALONE WITH YOUR CONSCIENCE IN YOUR GRAVE!

SHUT up there my Frnd!

Try to challenge the points (and LINKS) he used to make his argument pint-by-point OR just keep ya mouth SHUT, and watch...

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by jmaine: 10:18pm On Dec 13, 2012
0lumide: YOUR GRAVE AWAITS YOU BEAF!! YOU ARE GOING TO BE ALONE WITH YOUR CONSCIENCE IN YOUR GRAVE!

You should do better than this na . . . lipsrsealed
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by karlmax2: 10:19pm On Dec 13, 2012
taharqa:

SHUT up there my Frnd!

Try to challenge the points (and LINKS) he used to make his argument pint-by-point OR just keep ya mouth SHUT, and watch...
don't join words with him his one of those ignorant AC.N brainwashed peeps we now have on nairaland.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by PointB: 10:19pm On Dec 13, 2012
ujchief: Free and fair election my arsè! Your messiah got 1.1mil votes from my state, out of the registered 1.2mil voters, suggesting more than 85% turnout! Is that ur definition of free and fair? The only lesson i learnt from Edo and ondo elections was that elections should be done over a period of time, say 2 states per day, then next day for another 2 states so as to reduced rigging. Edo and osun was devoid of pdp rigging simply b'cos everyone's eyes and attention was there, so they kept track of most ballot boxes.
Try again dude.

I think it's a little too simple to suggest that free and fair election in Ondo and Edo State were because of voter's vigilance. I disagree. Im 2003 when Obj presided over the election, ballots boxes where snatched and stuffed in full view of camera, and nothing happened. Protesters were simply asked to go to compromised judiciary who simply rubber stamped most of the results or annul them at the tail end of tenure.

My point is that arguing that GEJ has nothing to do with free and fair election is a little unfair, judging from how far we have come from 1999.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by PointB: 10:21pm On Dec 13, 2012
otokx: Poster please travel outside Nigeria to Europe, South Africa or even Ghana to see people that are moving forward. For your information from next year WHO has made it compulsory for all travellers from Nigeria, Afghanistan and Pakistan to be giving the oral polio virus whether men, children or babies. How long shall we continue to deceive ourselves in this country?

And your point is . . . ?
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 13, 2012
These are FACTS, real FACTS staring you in the face. This is NOT allegation but FACTS with pictures in some places. Can you disprove any of the facts above?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 13, 2012
PointB:

I think it's a little too simple to suggest that free and fair election in Ondo and Edo State were because of voter's vigilance. I disagree. Im 2003 when Obj presided over the election, ballots boxes where snatched and stuffed in full view of camera, and nothing happened. Protesters were simply asked to go to compromised judiciary who simply rubber stamped most of the results or annul them at the tail end of tenure.

My point is that arguing that GEJ has nothing to do with free and fair election is a little unfair, judging from how far we have come from 1999.
Dont mind them. You even went too far. What about the Ekiti re-run election under Yar Adua, during which Madam Ayoka, the them resident electoral commissioner for the state, had to disappear only to later appear and declare PDP the winner. Where were the "eyes" of Ekiti people then? Were they all blind? Yeye

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by karlmax2: 10:27pm On Dec 13, 2012
blame this situation on the North where a majority of them have blatantly refused to take the polio vaccine is nothe the fault of the government this is well documented
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by UncleJJ(m): 10:34pm On Dec 13, 2012
karl max: blame this situation on the North where a majority of them have blatantly refused to take the polio vaccine is nothe the fault of the government this is well documented

So, GEJ should not be held responsible because the northerner refused the polio vaccine. If he used guys like you to enlighten such people instead of posting excuses on nairaland. We would not have this issue.

It's just like when your a kid , and whenever your mum wants to shower you or so, you refuse - so because u refuse to shower - she'd let you walk around smelly.

A mad man does not feel shame, but the relative of the mad man who are disgraced !
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by confusion247(m): 10:39pm On Dec 13, 2012
You forgot the greatest achievement of them all...Nigeria being the second most corrupt country on earth. That is the highest achievement followed by Nigeria being the worst place any human can be born in this planet earth. Is not also an achievement for Mr president to allow criminals and cabals determine who gets what and who moves freely in this country Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by SisiKill1: 10:43pm On Dec 13, 2012

So uncalled for! undecided

taharqa:

SHUT up there my Frnd!

Rotflmao! Anybody can write anything anywhere and post link. . .that don't mean what is in it is true or is does it?

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/EccSeek/Taharqa.jpg

Hmmmmmm!!

Anyhoo, I doubt you will find anyone who will take you up on your challenge, I mean it's like pointing to what is obviously a table, calling it a car and asking people to challenge your point. Most people will just look at you, shake their heads in pity (while silently cursing the person that did you like so) and walk away.

Point is. . .something that is so blatantly false need not be challenged by anyone. The proof is in reality. . .a reality only someone who is so far up their own behind, they can't think straight, won't see.

So stop trying to drag people into your behind by issuing silly challenges. cheesy

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship / Jonathan Received Land In Abuja Green Area— Melaye / President Mohammed Buhari Congratulates APC And Adegboyega Isiaka Oyetola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.