Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,933 members, 7,896,020 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 12:27 AM

Jonathan Continues To Impress!! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Continues To Impress!! (16375 Views)

Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) / Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update / Public Power Supply Continues To Improve (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by bubadaniel13: 9:05am On Dec 14, 2012
ujchief: It seems this thread was started so as to strenghten the weak 40-lappy crew.
Dayokanu just started a thread on whereabouts of the lappy crew, next minute, in-sincere 9jerian started this wishy-washy thread, thereafter, jmaine, elueme, karl max came back from extinction to click the like button.
Nanscenze!
Haba my brother u mean that people should not have the minds of their own or what?this 40 whatever is a mirage as far as i am concern cos everyone is entitle to his opinion..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 14, 2012
While HATERS are HATING, Jonathan continues to DELIVER and IMPRESS:

POINT 8: Progress is also being made in the petroluem sector. The PIB, a comprehensive law to overhaul and reform Nigeria's oil and gas sector, is already with the NASS. The committee charged to release a white paper on the road map to revitalizing existing refineries is currently at work. The nations moribund pipelines and fuel depots are being rehabilitated and RESTORED nationwide. For instance the Aba NNPC depot has been RESTORED (after 10 solid years of being shut down) and currently ensuring steady supply of petroluem products to the south-eastern states. The Jos NNPC deport has also been RESTORED. Other deport RESTORED include Minna, Kano and Gusau. Work is ongoing to restore the Enugu deport and then Benue deport. The opening up of these depots explains why there isn't much difference in prices of petrol between Lagos and these areas even in this period of scarcity. The subsidy payment system is being cleaned up as much as possible and the shock of the clean-up is causing fuel scarcity in some cities. Hopefully, when the system is totally cleaned-up, the scarcity will disappear. Ultimately, the govt intends to de-regulate the sector.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fast-tracking-passage-of-petroleum-industry-bill/126551/
http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/37583/2012/10/15/oil_marketers_commend_jonathan_others_reopening_nnpc_depot_aba.html
http://nigeriarising.com.ng/sector-report/petroluem/nnpc-re-opens-aba-depot-10-years-after/

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 14, 2012
bubadaniel13: Haba my brother u mean that people should not have the minds of their own or what?this 40 whatever is a mirage as far as i am concern cos everyone is entitle to his opinion..
Dont mind them. Its all propaganda and blackmail, hoping to deter people from saying their mind. Unfortunately for the propagandists, it has not worked
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by jmaine: 9:58am On Dec 14, 2012
ujchief: It seems this thread was started so as to strenghten the weak 40-lappy crew.
Dayokanu just started a thread on whereabouts of the lappy crew, next minute, in-sincere 9jerian started this wishy-washy thread, thereafter, jmaine, elueme, karl max came back from extinction to click the like button.
Nanscenze!

Stop justifying your foolishness with stvpidity . . . .thanks . . .

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by karlmax2: 9:58am On Dec 14, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
Dont mind them. Its all propaganda and blackmail, hoping to deter people from saying their mind. Unfortunately for the propagandists, it has not worked
brother keep up the good work.2 pages now am yet to see any of the goons counter what u wrote on this thread all I see is their usual rant and causing then they crown it up by beating around the bush.bunch of hypocrites who thinks nigeria starts and ends in their backyard

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by banki(m): 10:19am On Dec 14, 2012
I don't support mediocrity I felt like crying for this country this morning because news headlines on both print and television were filled with stories of outright stealing corruption kidnapping,as I drove to my office I saw fuel queues here in Abuja, different taughts came into my mind but I stopped thinking the moment I noticed one of the billion naira security solar paneled CCTV none working cameras
I smiled and told my self that one day the real enemies of Nigeria would be exposed, mr eleume and sincere Nigerian can you guys honestly honestly tell yourself that all is well if you had a company or you were a shareholder in a company that isn't doing well and you appoint good luck Jonathan as md CEO would you sincerely say with all the resources available to him you would give him a passmark....
I don't celebrate mediocrity I want leadership that inspires good luck doesn't inspire me, I want leadership that is purposeful good luck is confused and obviously lacks purpose I want leadership that is sincere and with all due respect mr president is the most insincere public figure I've seen all my life.
It's your job to paint the presidency as working but it's my job as the citizen on the street to judge, I repeat with the kind of money available to mr president with the kind of human resources available mr president is a gross failure
And almost every sane Nigerian would agree with this fact

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by sharpman1(m): 10:30am On Dec 14, 2012
OP,

In case you did not notice, the word that appeared most in your writeup is BEING....

All your so called achievements are still Work In Progress.....to put it lightly.

Now....in your village, is work in progress an achievement? Are you a learner?

Ode!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 14, 2012
GEJ CAN SUCK ON DEEEEZZZ NUTZZZ
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 14, 2012
friday na joke day shey?when i saw the topic i thought it was a satire and i read it and observed that they were being serious,una for say,president goodluck continues to impress his villagers,shikenan..
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Revolva(m): 10:33am On Dec 14, 2012
@poster
You must be outta ya mind - impress who ? The whole Nigeria or your family ?
Look since there is no steady electricity in this nation I don't see a future of Nigeria ok - steady electricity will solve nigeria problem that's when the citizen will feel that we are moving somewhere - if there is no power forget it - and this poster is here posting jonathan continues to impress ...na him otuke village him dey impress not me
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 14, 2012
U dnt need a soothsayer to tell u Jonathan is the most visionless, focusless, and direction directionlessness in Nig history. No amount of propaganderous write- up cud change dat fact[quote author=Sincere 9gerian]It's so exciting to note that while the HATERS continue to HATE, Jonathan has continued to IMPRESS and DELIVER.

1) Nothing excites me more than the privatisation of PHCN that is almost being concluded by this govt. For me, this is the most important achievement of the GEJ administration. 24hrs power supply.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by trent9002(m): 10:40am On Dec 14, 2012
This is the work of 50 laptops
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:40am On Dec 14, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: HATERS continue to HATE, while GEJ continues to DELIVER and IMPRESS:

6) For me the MOST IMPORTANT achievement and LEGACY of the GEJ administration is CULTURIZATION of free and fair elections. The 2011 elections, adjudged by both local and international observers as free and fair, was the turning point in the history of Nigeria. It effectively marked the END of DO-OR-DIE and Amala politics. Since then, free and fair elections is the RULE. The last Edo and Ondo elections were no different. Free and fair elections is the NUMBER ONE and MOST IMPORTANT dividend of democracy and has the potential for unleashing other dividends of democracy. The import of free and fair election to our development was emphasised by no other person than Achebe himself in his latest book-There was a country. Under the sub-heading “State Resuscitation and Recovery”, Achebe suggests that “the Nigerian solution” will come in stages. “First we have to nurture and strengthen our democratic institutions – and STRIVE for the freest and fairest elections possible. That will place the true candidates of the people in office,” he writes. This process, can lead to a thriving free press and strong justice system, with checks and balances and corruption-curbing laws NATURALLY finding a footing. He adds: “A new patriotic consciousness has to be developed… based on an awareness of the responsibility of leaders to the led… and disseminated by civil society, schools and intellectuals. It is from this kind of environment that a leader, humbled by the trust placed upon him by the people, will emerge, willing to use the power given to him for the good of the people.”
Sorry for those looking for anti-corruption WAR-LORD like Buhari, NOTHING can fight corruption better than free and fair elections.
http://sahelblog./2011/04/20/international-observers-comment-on-nigerias-elections/

WASH WASH
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by GARRIx7(m): 10:43am On Dec 14, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
My friend, stop fooling around under this sort of silly comments. You have been presented with FACTS and pictures(if you follow the link). These FACTS are in you face. The projects highlighted are not 'we will' or 'we plan to' do projects. Rather the projects that are either COMPLETED or work is going on there NOW. FACTS are different from allegations that your likes throw up daily. Therefore, if you have any evidence to disprove these FACTS, that stare you in the face, pls let us know

Defending a fool is a very challenging task. I sincerely commend your determination...

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by kunlekunle: 10:43am On Dec 14, 2012
GEJ's message to nigerians

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by blacksta(m): 10:43am On Dec 14, 2012
hahah

Image laundering in progress - Please step back
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by EmmanuelUdom: 10:44am On Dec 14, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan is a go-slow performing president. The facts as opposed to propaganda are there for discerning minds to see
link. . .that don't mean what is in it is true or is does it?

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/EccSeek/Taharqa.jpg

Hmmmmmm!!

Anyhoo, I doubt you will find anyone who will take you up on your challenge, I mean it's like pointing to what is obviously a table, calling it a car and asking people to challenge your point. Most people will just look at you, shake their heads in pity (while silently cursing the person that did you like so) and walk away.

Point is. . .something that is so blatantly false need not be challenged by anyone. The proof is in reality. . .a reality only someone who is so far up their own behind, they can't think straight, won't see.

So stop trying to drag people into your behind by issuing silly challenges. cheesy[/quote]
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by cyril83(m): 10:44am On Dec 14, 2012
*singing# chop banana till you go yo! Continue fooling yourself
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Newcrescent(m): 10:48am On Dec 14, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: It's so exciting to note that while the HATERS continue to HATE, Jonathan has continued to IMPRESS and DELIVER.

1) Nothing excites me more than the privatisation of PHCN that is almost being concluded by this govt. For me, this is the most important achievement of the GEJ administration. 24hrs power supply is around the corner. Some of us now see more days of 24hrs non-stop public power supply.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201211250072.html
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/phcn-fg-shifts-ground-agrees-to-pay-off-54000-staff/

2) Another exciting transformation is the massive rehabilitation of the rail transport system. Only few days ago, it was reported that the Lagos-Kano rail line has been completed and tested, and ready to take-off 20th of this month.
This will add to the numerous other rail routes that have been rehabilitated and put to use including the Lagos-Illorin rail line and other intra-city railway services. Other corridors currently under serious construction include eastern corridor(Enugu-PH-north), Abuja-Kaduna(fast rail line), Itapke-Ajaokuta-Warri(fast rail line).
The implication of reviving the rail transport cannot be over-emphasised, including reduced cost of transportation, reduced price of food items, safer transport, longer life span of our roads,etc
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/1000-commuters-move-by-train-to-ilorin/
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/sambo-rehabilitation-of-4000km-rail-lines-in-advanced-stages/126761/
http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-kano-mass-transit-train-service-begins-dec-20/

3) What about the massive re-building of 11 airports in Nigeria, including the one Enugu, Owerri, Benin,Lagos,etc The completed ones are simple beautiful to behold. When the 11 airports currently under re-construction are completed, reconstruction will begin immediately in the remaining 11 airports under FAAN. Also part of the aviation master plan of this govt is total over-haul of the institutions in the industry(done already), creation of a national carrier, building of aero-tropolis, building of 5 new international terminals in 5 airports, including Enugu. If this is not transformation, tell me what it is.
https://www.nairaland.com/1087612/new-face-remodelled-benin-airport
http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/10/photo-speak-commissioning-of-remodelled-gat-mma-lagos.html
http://nigerianaviation./2012/09/26/upgraded-airport-terminals-at-enugu-and-port-harcourt/
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=95770:airports-remodelling-on-course&catid=32:business-travel&Itemid=563

4) The education sector has also received serious attention in terms of infrastructural upgrade. The federal unity schools are being rehabilitated in phases, Almajiri schools are being built to cater for the over 11million out of school children in the north, the higher institutions are recieving more funds than ever this time,etc Also important is the creation of 9 new federal universities in Ebonyi, Jigawa, Gombe, Ekiti, Bayelsa, Kogi,etc In fact, some of the brand new universities, including federal university Kashere, Gombe has commenced operation providing access to higher education for locals and employment.
http://prnigeria.com/2012/08/08/federal-university-kashere-holds-maiden-matriculation/
http://www.fulokoja.edu.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38
http://www.universitiesnews.com/2012/08/10/nigeria-fg-increases-funding-to-universities-others-by-over-40-percent/

5) Significant progress is being made in terms of road construction. In the last 1 to 2yrs, 11 inherited(most abandoned) road projects, were COMPLETED, including: Vom-Manchok road (Plateau State), Yola-Numan road (Adamawa State), Gombe Bye-pass (Gombe State), Kaduna Refinery road (Kaduna State), Kano-Daura-Mai Adua road (Katsina State), Aba-Owerri road (Abia State), Onitsha-Owerri road (Anambra State) and Oyo-Ogbomosho road (Oyo State).
Massive work is ongoing in various other highways in the 6 geo-political zones, including ongoing dualisation of Abuja–Abaji–Lokoja Road, Kano–Potiskum–Maiduguri Road; the Benin–Ore–Shagamu Expressway; the Onitsha–Enugu Expressway; and the construction of the Loko–Oweto bridge( across River Benue), East-West road,etc
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/providing-motorable-road-for-nigerians-is-my-commitment/
http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/42461/2012/12/13/abujalokoja_road_ready_2014_minister.html
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/newsextra/60567-govt-to-complete-enugu-onitsha-expressway-soon.html
We expect ACTUAL construction of 2nd Niger bridge to commence in 2013.
Failure to build 2nd Niger Bridge is the ONLY thing that can make me stop supporting GEJ. Enugu-PH road is currently undergoing rehabilitation to make it motorable, pending when full re-construction will commence. Lagos-Ibadan expressway is currently recieving similar attention.

I guess u are living in a fool's world. sleeping slowpoke with unguided and unrealistic facts.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 14, 2012
GARRI (x7):

Defending a fool is a very challenging task. I sincerely commend your determination...
lol great punch,u've finished him
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by 1money: 10:52am On Dec 14, 2012
Go my president, but improve on the power situation.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by vizboy(m): 10:54am On Dec 14, 2012
I still dont know why most graduate think like primary student. Especially those cruxify GEJ do you think development can happen in a blink of an eye or in just one year,GEJ is not a magician so i will say he is trying his best. Do you think america became what they are in just 4 years. They too faced all problems during there time, instead of blaming the president why not support him or do you think blaming him will develop the country. You keep blaming the president dont you know development is not just the work of the president but we all as Nigerians. You keep belaming the president Name 1 thing you have done in your local governmemt,your state not to talk of the country yet you keep belaming the president. It is only when we come together as one that development growth can increase in these country. So all HATERS Of GEJ should start thinkin with there head and not there foot.
PROUDLY NAIJA BOY

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by omenka(m): 10:55am On Dec 14, 2012
PointB:

Spot on!

This is the quote of the century!
Please I beg to be enlightened. What is your definition of 'Free and Fair'? Allowing all parties to rig elections as they please? How on earth can you call an election in which a party sweeps all LG and councillorship positions free and fair?? Elections held in benue and not a SINGLE slot was won by ACN! Elections held in lagos and PDP almost went home without a single victory!
The only difference I see between Jonathan's INEC and Obj's INEC is that Jonathan seems to allow other parties besides pdp to rig elections!

Electoral fraud exists even in the greatest of democracies, but naija's is just out of this cosmos!
I see no freedom and fairness in our system. The pple's opinions still account for an insignificantly small fraction of the outcome of elections.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 14, 2012
T.A. Orji remains as the worst of the worstest democratic leader ever known in d history of man's existence!
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by aribisala0(m): 10:57am On Dec 14, 2012
The 2011 presidential elections were not free and fair in the SS and SE we all know this.
The 2012 elections in GEJ's home state Bayelsa leading to a change of Governor were free and fair. We cannot describe any superficial achievement in elections as a legacy till he leaves office.

One thing has not changed; if the man or woman occupying Aso Rock decides to manipulate elections using incumbency they still have the power to do so.In short the future of elections still depends on the disposition of the President. Even if we claim GEJ is good what guarantee do we have about his sucessor

What is needed is to lock in a process with institutions that are OUTSIDE the power of the President. The appointments into INEC and the funding should be automatic and outside executive control then we can talk about a LEGACY,
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by MurderX: 10:58am On Dec 14, 2012
who says GEJ is not working? oya answer these questions -

1. Who renamed UNILAG to MALU MALU?

2. Who said YES to N5000 notes and then NO again?

3. Who said my wife is not sick and hospitalized and then later said my wife is sick and hospitalized

GEJ is doing a great Job jooor

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Chinom(m): 11:09am On Dec 14, 2012
JONATHAN is the best president we've had since independence. whether these ACN mofos accept it or not. He does not need to be perfect or even brilliant, but he has got the right people around him and most importantly, he is making the right choices. Jega at INEC, Free and fair elections and the power road map which is moving like a train testifies to his good intentions. How come IBB, Abacha, OBJ and the other thieveing past preidents did NOTHING to solve the power problems with all the resources at their disposal.
GEJ is the best we have for now. He may not conclude all his plans, but he will lay a solid foundation for the next president( Okonjo-Iweala) to continue from.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by shfizle(m): 11:09am On Dec 14, 2012
Sisi_Kill: I'm confused. . .which country did all this happen?
This Sisi Kill no go kill person one day.... lwkmd
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Chinom(m): 11:12am On Dec 14, 2012
Murder_X: who says GEJ is not working? oya answer these questions -

1. Who renamed UNILAG to MALU MALU?

2. Who said YES to N5000 notes and then NO again?

3. Who said my wife is not sick and hospitalized and then later said my wife is sick and hospitalized

GEJ is doing a great Job jooor

OBJ and IBB would have shoved that N5000 note down your throat no matter how long you protest. At least GEJ listened to us. That's a breath of fresh air. Thank your stars.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 14, 2012
in the spirit of joke telling,i wrote a poem just for u guys.

Nothing stares me,blank eyes,bowler hat,monotone voice,monotone voice,

Nothing is the vacuum that occupies the nation,seasons of terror,periods of hunger,you stare at me,and you tell me nothing...

Monotone eyes monotone voice,we grow thru the changes,terror,bombings, inflation,clashing and dyings,

we were afraid,and then apathetic,hopeless and then betrayed,we now are cynical,metarmorphing into inhumans,but nothing wants to eat,chicken flesh made of caviar,nothing want to live in castles made of platinum,nothing stares at me monotone eyes,monotone voice
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by greatdave(m): 11:14am On Dec 14, 2012
PointB:

And your point is . . . ?
His point?....Naija is stil fvckd!
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by ypzilanti: 11:17am On Dec 14, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: HATERS continue to HATE, while GEJ continues to DELIVER and IMPRESS:

POINT 6: For me the MOST IMPORTANT achievement and LEGACY of the GEJ administration is CULTURIZATION of free and fair elections. The 2011 elections, adjudged by both local and international observers as free and fair, was the turning point in the history of Nigeria. It effectively marked the END of DO-OR-DIE and Amala politics. Since then, free and fair elections is the RULE. The last Edo and Ondo elections were no different. Free and fair elections is the NUMBER ONE and MOST IMPORTANT dividend of democracy and has the potential for unleashing other dividends of democracy. The import of free and fair election to our development was emphasised by no other person than Achebe himself in his latest book-There was a country. Under the sub-heading “State Resuscitation and Recovery”, Achebe suggests that “the Nigerian solution” will come in stages. “First we have to nurture and strengthen our democratic institutions – and STRIVE for the freest and fairest elections possible. That will place the true candidates of the people in office,” he writes. This process, can lead to a thriving free press and strong justice system, with checks and balances and corruption-curbing laws NATURALLY finding a footing. He adds: “A new patriotic consciousness has to be developed… based on an awareness of the responsibility of leaders to the led… and disseminated by civil society, schools and intellectuals. It is from this kind of environment that a leader, humbled by the trust placed upon him by the people, will emerge, willing to use the power given to him for the good of the people.”
Sorry for those looking for anti-corruption WAR-LORD like Buhari, NOTHING can fight corruption better than free and fair elections.
http://sahelblog./2011/04/20/international-observers-comment-on-nigerias-elections/

GEJ has obviously let INEC be. Unlike OBJ who in connivance with Maurice Iwu, conspired to make elections in Nigeria a comedy and farce of international proportion. At a point a UN observer said that elections in war-torn Iraq and Sudan was better than election conducted in Nigeria.

That said, nothing in the changes in INEC is structural. The full reform panel paper was never implemented, either. Jega was appointed as an appeasement to the civil society organizations and foriegn governments that assisted GEJ to get his mandate when he was being besieged by Northern fifth columnists that wanted him out after YarAdua.

The implication of not restructuring INEC with the panel recommendations is that if Jega resigns tomorrow(like Barth Nnaji), lucky Igbenidion or Tafa Balogun can be appointed by PDP, and we will be back to square one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wike Criticises NJC For Suspending Judges Accused Of Corruption / Yahaya Bello: The Unending Controversy Of Salary Backlogs / IGP, Adamu orders immediate redeployment of Kaduna CP, five others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.