Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:59 PM

The Truth About Job Search Scratch Card - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Truth About Job Search Scratch Card (1433 Views)

Tweet I Read Yesterday About Job Seekers, I Thought I Should Share. / Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? / Scratch Card For Direct Short Service Into The Nigerian Navy Is Out: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Job Search Scratch Card by AlfaPrime: 5:56am On Feb 16, 2008
Hi Folks,
Am sure U've all been hearing about this Jobserch scratch card advert. I understand it sells for N500, but I really wonder if its ethical for someone somewhere to take undue advantage of the hordes of unemployed masses of Nigerian graduates to make his own millions. What do we really think of it? Does anyone on this forum know for sure that it works? or know anyone who got a job thru the scratch card? If not, then I suggest we simply ignore that. I still wonder y it's even being advertised on Radio Nigeria. When the govt knows fully well that it shd be doing more to provide jobs!
Re: The Truth About Job Search Scratch Card by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 16, 2008
guy,thanks for sharing in what's raging in my mind for a long time, I can confidently tell you that I'm YET TO SEE AN APPLICANT that has attested to getting a job through JOB SEARCH whatever, let's expose all these opportunists, angry angry angry angry
Re: The Truth About Job Search Scratch Card by sollex(m): 7:32pm On Feb 16, 2008
I have also noticed such advert on the radio station.
But the truth is that, i have not seen nor heard of anyone that has succeeded through that job search scratch card thing.
I strongly believe the people are out to take undue advantage of people.
But what do you expect from a country like ours, where people like to make gains from people's ignorance or desperation.
Re: The Truth About Job Search Scratch Card by lovelynn(f): 10:20am On Feb 18, 2008
I wonder why the govt should allow these peole to rip off the little jobless graduates have. why is it that rich and selfish nigerians like taking advantage of the less privileged and the poor in one way or the other. Their children are not jobless, they already have jobs waiting for them before they graduate. I DON'T BLAME THEM. Please lets ignore them.
Re: The Truth About Job Search Scratch Card by ebitim(m): 10:41am On Feb 18, 2008
MY FELLOW LANDERS I WILL NOT AGREE WIT YOU GUYS FOR IT IS THRU JODBSEARCH THAT AM ABOUT TO GETMY JOB WIT INTERCONTINENTAL BANK. I VE DONE MY MEDICALS AND AM AWAITING THE CALL FOR TRAINING SCHOOL. LIKE I SAID B4 THEY WILL CONDUCT ANTEXT FOR YOU IF YOU ARE SUCCESSFULL THEY WILL SEND YOU TO THE ORGANISATION THEY ARE RECRUITING FOR DEPENDING ON THE ORGANISATION YOU MIGHT RIGHT ANOTHER TEXT OR IT WILL BE A STRAIGHT FORWARD INTERVIEW. I GOT INFO THAT THE LAST TEST THEY CONDUCTED IN UNILAG WAS FOR SPRING BANK SO TAKE CARE
Re: The Truth About Job Search Scratch Card by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 18, 2008
ebitim something tels me that you are working for this job search people, pls,stop defending them and realise he flaws in them, t :-Xhey are fake. angry
Re: The Truth About Job Search Scratch Card by Tegga: 12:04pm On Feb 18, 2008
HELLO fellow landers, i always like getting to the root of every matter b4 i say anything on it but b4 i say anything i wanna ask one or two questions; those people saling the "JOBSEARCH SCRATCH CARD" or whatever are they an employment agency or they just came up with that to make money? Again all the banks, companys and parastatals in Nigeria, do they recognize these people saling this scratch card or whatever?And then lastly, why must someone (jobless applicant) spend money first b4 he or she get a job? If everyone that knows how to help people get a job keeps on collecting money from every applicant b4 giving him job then we have to apologize to the people who are organizing this nairaland forum and all that has gotten job through this medium has to come and pay, b4 u have access to this site u have to pay.
We Nigerians we always want to exploit people at every slightest opportunity, where are we going in this country?Some  people should have a rethink, please whoever that is incharge of the scratch card or whatever please help us, if u have the right connection please help us, personally i will show appreciation if u help to get job placement and i know that am speaking the hearts of many landers here and i know that every right thinking lander will show appreciation in his or her own way if u help the person to get job placement. Thanks. Tis is my email obitegga@yahoo.com, in cas u have anything for me.
Re: The Truth About Job Search Scratch Card by AlfaPrime: 9:13pm On Feb 20, 2008
Tegga, am afraid U may not get a favorable response to yopur request. truth is that Jobsearch scratchcard guys are simply out to make their millions off our backs. am not against anyone making money but NOT at the expense of the poor unemployed graduates of Nigeria. how many banks and other companies and even multinationals have conducted numerous recruitment exercises in the past 1 year, without asking one to buy any silly jobsearch card? evfen for any few that they eventually call, it's almost like a lottery, where u're sure that very few out of those who play stand any chance of winning, simply cos that's the way it was designed in the first place.
Re: The Truth About Job Search Scratch Card by janami(f): 8:55am On Feb 21, 2008
I went for the test, saw and left. felt really bad abt the shoddy arrangement made and even more saddened that some jobseekers beleive that these pple can really help them

(1) (Reply)

Duped By Ramat (e-success Online. / Urgent Placement At Standard Alliance Life Assurance Ltd / Guinness Nigerin Plc Needs Van Sale Men Or Truck Drivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.