Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,390 members, 7,940,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 07:05 AM

Nairaland Is Unfair To Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Is Unfair To Christians (998 Views)

Goshen, Are The Moral Laws Of Moses Still Relevant To Christians Today ? / Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship / Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Is Unfair To Christians by excondido(m): 8:04pm On Dec 15, 2012
Each time i visit nairaland am always presumptous that they have it all figured out and i feel kind of smart being part of it. But recently i began to notice some things are not right and they need balancing.

The religion section is suppose to include everything that relates to faith and the faithless(atheist), but a seperate section was made for islamic faith which is not fair. i suggest either every religion be given seperate section or a single religion section for all faith and the faithless.

secondly, every now and then christain bashing thread makes the front page in torrents irrespective of its nature, whether blasphemy or malign to christain faith. wheras we see only post with mild disposition about islam. Nairaland should address this double standard.

Finally, post relating to islam are either sent to the 'strictly' islamic section to die or such posts are hidden in threads.

This post is not to evoke any opposition but to address and restore fairness to all.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Unfair To Christians by alienvirus: 8:16pm On Dec 15, 2012
You can do better cheesy
Re: Nairaland Is Unfair To Christians by Bella3(f): 8:55pm On Dec 15, 2012
ISLAM AND MUSLIMS NEED TO BE TREATED SPECIALY AND KINDLY.
WHEN MUSLIMS ARE ANGRY, IT GETS REAL BAD! YOU DNT WANT TO PROVOKE THEM, NW DO YOU?
REMEMBER THE MOVIE 'INNOCENCE OF MUSLIMS'? NOT UP TO 5% OF MUSLIMS WATCHED IT BT THE TROUBLE CAUSED WORLDWIDE LEFT A MARK.
BY THE WAY, DNT BLAME SEUN, THEY THREATENED HIM WIT A FATWA. The fear of fatwa is the begining of wisdom!
So my brother, fear not, CHRISTAINITY SHOULD BE OPEN TO ALL CRITISISMS.
Peace.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Unfair To Christians by excondido(m): 9:34pm On Dec 15, 2012
Bélla3: ISLAM AND MUSLIMS NEED TO BE TREATED SPECIALY AND KINDLY.
WHEN MUSLIMS ARE ANGRY, IT GETS REAL BAD! YOU DNT WANT TO PROVOKE THEM, NW DO YOU?
REMEMBER THE MOVIE 'INNOCENCE OF MUSLIMS'? NOT UP TO 5% OF MUSLIMS WATCHED IT BT THE TROUBLE CAUSED WORLDWIDE LEFT A MARK.
BY THE WAY, DNT BLAME SEUN, THEY THREATENED HIM WIT A FATWA. The fear of fatwa is the begining of wisdom!
Peace.
because muslim are touchy abt their religion does not mean they should be treated differently. there is no monopoly of violence, therefore until we speak out abt such bias, christainity wil continue to aimed at by others. if they respect their religion as they thought then others faith should nt be put to hurl rocks at and drive trafic for nairaland. simple as dat.
Re: Nairaland Is Unfair To Christians by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 15, 2012

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Unfair To Christians by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 15, 2012
musKeeto:

Athiesm [size=18pt]THEISM[/size]

much better. cool

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Unfair To Christians by bluntAF(f): 11:37pm On Dec 15, 2012
Peace.

I get your point..
Re: Nairaland Is Unfair To Christians by Bella3(f): 2:30am On Dec 16, 2012
bluntAF:
I get your point..
cool
Re: Nairaland Is Unfair To Christians by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:21am On Dec 16, 2012
excondido:

secondly, every now and then christain bashing thread makes the front page in torrents irrespective of its nature, whether blasphemy or malign to christain faith. wheras we see only post with mild disposition about islam. Nairaland should address this double standard.

DONT LIE! WHICH CHRISTIANITY BASHING THREAD MADE FRONT PAGE IT IS ALWAYS THINGS SHOWINGING YOUR RELIGION IN GOOD LIGHT THAT MAKES IT THERE! angry
Re: Nairaland Is Unfair To Christians by AtheistD(m): 9:26am On Dec 16, 2012
My post on islamic religious leaders failing islam made it to the front page.
Re: Nairaland Is Unfair To Christians by excondido(m): 9:27am On Dec 16, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

DONT LIE! WHICH CHRISTIANITY BASHING THREAD MADE FRONT PAGE IT IS ALWAYS THINGS SHOWINGING YOUR RELIGION IN GOOD LIGHT THAT MAKES IT THERE! angry

its obvious you dont understand the purpose of this post.

Of course there are always christain bashing post, recently the hot debate about the morality of pastors owing private jet and the issuues of tithe, trinity and so forth are making the rounds on nairaland's frontpage and that is ok. the rules are skewed when question about other religion are asked, this post/question always end up in a 'super-section' strictly islamic section of the religion section to fizzle.

my point is every post pertaining any religion should be able to make the front page based on its general interest and not because a particular religion will feel offended, better still all malign post about any religion should not make the front page.
Re: Nairaland Is Unfair To Christians by excondido(m): 9:43am On Dec 16, 2012
Atheist:-D:
My post on islamic religious leaders failing islam made it to the front page.

i saw ur post and u were merely asking a question.
IS ISLAMIC RELIGIOUS LEADERS FAILING ISLAM?

u expect to get a civil discussion on such post, dont u?
am sure that post made it to the front page from the super- section of the religion section. why are u not asking why there is a super-section in the religion section?
Re: Nairaland Is Unfair To Christians by manmustwac(m): 10:50am On Dec 16, 2012
@post
I see your point. Topics that tend to critisize Christianity (wether rightly or wrongly) always seem to make the homepage whereas topics that critisize Islam don't seem to make it. Well if u go to the homepage now & click on the FEATURED LINKS link you will notice that well over 95% of the topics chosen for the homepage are chosen my Mukina2 who just happens to be a muslim. So that may have something to do with homepage topic selection. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Unfair To Christians by AtheistD(m): 11:29am On Dec 16, 2012
excondido:

i saw ur post and u were merely asking a question.
IS ISLAMIC RELIGIOUS LEADERS FAILING ISLAM?

u expect to get a civil discussion on such post, dont u?
am sure that post made it to the front page from the super- section of the religion section. why are u not asking why there is a super-section in the religion section?

I dont get your point. There has been some debating. It is a very touchy subject in islam today. Bear in mind alot of the ills in islam are rubber stamped by these religious men so it is time they were held to account... just like tithe robbing pastors.

It is my first post on the islam board and it made frontpage. I have posted numerous topics here and none have made it.
Re: Nairaland Is Unfair To Christians by Bella3(f): 11:31am On Dec 16, 2012
excondido: because muslim are touchy abt their religion does not mean they should be treated differently. there is no monopoly of violence, therefore until we speak out abt such bias, christainity wil continue to aimed at by others. if they respect their religion as they thought then others faith should nt be put to hurl rocks at and drive trafic for nairaland. simple as dat.
I still insist islam is SPECIAL. Lol
Re: Nairaland Is Unfair To Christians by seyibrown(f): 1:03pm On Dec 17, 2012
Peace.

Chei! grin grin Oto l'aye won! grin grin They need to be in specially set aside places!
Re: Nairaland Is Unfair To Christians by advocate666: 1:10pm On Dec 17, 2012
Seun is a coward for bowing to islamic threats. Op, I understand you and you have a point.
Violence and the threat of violence is a weapon of religious propagation.
However, even islam is also dying.
Many moslems that I know try to hide it and most have even stopped their nonsense mosque and 5 times prayer nonsense.

(1) (Reply)

DID YOU EVER COME ACROSS THIS MESSAGE "Send This if not" ??? / She Wants To Know If She Can Wear This To Church / Supporting Football Clubs,doing Ashebi,wedding Ring,perfume Is Sin – Evangelist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.