Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,638 members, 7,979,170 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 10:05 PM

In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? (15222 Views)

What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch / Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone / Is Nigeria's Problem Bad Leadership Or Weak "followership"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by sthugo: 8:29pm On Dec 16, 2012
nigeria as an entity or a landmass,its problems are enormous..its started from lord lugard almagamating north and south.it was a regrettable mistake.religion is one major barrier in nigeria survival.the citizenry mindset is another not to mention all.most nigerians crave for comforts and wealth amass instead of inventions and positive impacts.we should start by making a policy in which political offices shouldnt be attractive as in financially.so that if any1 has intentions of political office it should be strictly on selflessness.with that corruption can be minimised and curbed.also set than rules on capital and major projects should already be in our constitution,so when some1 assumes office,he follows already lay down rules and projects.nysc should be scrapped.the fund or money spent on nysc should be disbursed to students as support when they graduate with an approved project from their university to embark on,thereby creating jobs and reducing unemployments.other details on new nigeria can be seen in my website.nigeria needs a drastic change..we are the change
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by cerruti(m): 8:44pm On Dec 16, 2012
Hierachy
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 16, 2012
Nigeria doesn't have any problem.

NIGERIA= PROBLEM!
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 16, 2012
My people perish for lack of vision. We lack a sense of purpose. We are not collectively geared at anything. We are headed in as numerous directions as all the causes listed in this thread. Nigeria sounds like Malaria to me. Nigeria is rich as a country but Nigerians are poor in their disposition so they drag the country down. We are the most religious yet all hypocrites. Some Pastors date more girls than the average good man. Some pastors even floss more than Rick Ross. We are all doomed but some of us will turn than doom to bloom. Nigerians in diaspora are already free from this bondage. It is better to be a slave to a rich king, than to be a Prince of a poor one. Nigeria kor malaria ni
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by CARLISTO77(m): 8:46pm On Dec 16, 2012
The chief problems of Nigeria are: DEARTH OF LOVE AND GENUITY OF INTERACTIONS
AMONGST THE THREE MAJOR TRIBES VIZ; HAUSA, IBO AND YORUBA: The sore of supremacy
is such a thorn on the country's wellbeing and sovereignty. The Hausas believe they're born to rule!!!
The Ibos believe they're the potential and stronghold of Nigeria's economical traits; and also feel
superior to other existent tribes; whilst the Yorubas hold, in their ambiguous asseveration, that they are more intelligent and
are capable of surviving aislado without other tribes. The whole truth in it, is that Nigerians are not ready to love, amend and make
up amongst selves, issues that can move the country forward...
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by yohannazack(m): 8:49pm On Dec 16, 2012
almajiri101: If you ask me...abeg Na who I go ask?
almajiri, u no go kill person o, u be truly almajiri
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by christemmbassey(m): 8:49pm On Dec 16, 2012
Our problem is the pastors and the court judges
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by CARLISTO77(m): 8:56pm On Dec 16, 2012
christemmbassey: Our problem is the pastors and the court judges

Could you kindly expatiate on your assertion as to how Pastors and Judges are sources of our plights?
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Slizbeat(m): 8:57pm On Dec 16, 2012
Are we really ready to change?
https://www.nairaland.com/1134538/ready-change-nigeria#13417997 When we are, we would identify our core problem.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by blaqoracle: 8:57pm On Dec 16, 2012
k2039: 1914 Amalgamation
nigeria has no problem, nigeria only create problems.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by REVOLUTNIS: 8:58pm On Dec 16, 2012
Hatred
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Slizbeat(m): 8:59pm On Dec 16, 2012
Are we really ready to change?
https://www.nairaland.com/1134538/ready-change-nigeria#13417997 When we are, we would identify our core problem.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by REVOLUTNIS: 9:04pm On Dec 16, 2012
Nigeria is a great country with great hustling people. With every hustle come challenges that must be surmounted. We have perfected the art of keeping our decaying house erect, albeit with the occasional smoke and stench coming out the windows. We are problem solvers. This article is a general guide for new Nigerians, foreigners who have just moved in to Nigeria, Nigerians who have just moved back from foreign lands, and idealistic Nigerians who live abroad.

Ask God for help. Now, it doesn’t matter if you are religious or if you have one of those new religions not recognised by our law. We have one general god -- the Nigerian god -- to whom all solutions are outsourced. Ask for his help in choosing leaders; in changing leaders; in wanting PHCN to provide electricity for that match because your generator is bad; in wanting fuel tanker drivers not to go on strike; in wanting roads; in wanting bombs to stop; in wanting corruption to stop; and in wanting to keep our country one. This is the first necessary, sometimes most important, step.

Create a committee. Ministries, Departments and Agencies of government are of no use in solving problems. Once a specific problem has been identified -- for example, the presence of too many people selling boiled maize and groundnuts on the streets -- create a specific committee to tackle this issue. In the case of this example, the committee would have two sub committees, one for boiled maize, and the other for boiled groundnuts. Then when that committee is done, create a committee to implement the report of the first committee.

Create multiple solutions. So, if as a government official you have a problem with your public image, in spite of having a department of Media and Publicity, create a new department to handle the problem. Call it Public Image Affairs department or something like that. The more agencies attack a problem, the better. Never try to fix the inefficiency of an agency of public institution. Always create a new body. So, if the crime division of the Nigerian Police Force is inefficient, understaffed, underfunded, unskilled, and corrupt, do not fund, train or discipline them. Create a fresh body, like the ICPC or EFCC. There is nothing like fresh ideas in trying to solve a problem.

When you have a big problem like terrorism, especially when our dear President confirms that some of the terrorists are in the Police, you must look for solutions outside our diligent Police Force. Think of something smart. Like one brand new Police Force for each financially dependent state. No, we will not scrap the Federal one. They will exist side by side. Think of how many people’s hustles will be blessed when you embark on this project. New uniforms, new jobs, new cars with sirens, new guns. A new militia for every governor blessed with constitutional immunity. I mean, governors won’t need to have side armies and gangs funded in the dark anymore. Think of it this way; when indigenes fill up the new State Police, terrorism, bombing, corruption, and kidnapping will vanish. Don’t ask what will happen when indigenes and non-indigenes fight and the State Police is called to keep the peace. God will not let that happen. Never mind that there are wicked people who will come up with arguments like states already having problems paying civil servants, and governors already having state legislators in their pockets. In fact, I overheard some evil guy suggest that some governors might fill up their state police with people from their tribe or religion, thereby creating complications and mistrust in cases of communal, religious or ethnic clashes. God will judge that guy. He doesn’t understand that to solve the problem of an inefficient Police Force, you need 36 others. He doesn’t understand the power of numbers.

When a problem won’t go away or is too big, divert it or postpone it. This reduces the pressure of the problem. So, for example, if you have a problem of poverty, which results in slums and shanty towns, instead of wasting time and energy on things like resettlement, development, low-cost housing or creating jobs, do something effective, like demolition. Clear out the slums and let the poor people who want to give our country a bad name find somewhere else to call a slum. Demolition is also very effective if your predecessors in government have turned a blind eye and allowed people to build in unapproved areas. Demolition covers a multitude of sins.

When there are problems and you are in government, you must never allow anything to stop you from travelling out of the country. Travelling is very important because it gives you time to breathe, shop, and learn from other countries.

But if you really want to solve problems effectively in Nigeria, you have to outsource them. There are things that the Nigerian god prefers not to handle. Not that he cannot handle them, but you see, he is clean and doesn’t like to dance in murky waters. For example, if you need to convict or arrest powerful people who have brazenly committed crimes, outsource it to a nice foreign country. I mean, the British used us as a colony to get resources, why can’t we use them to get justice? Tit for tat. Anyone who doesn’t like it should go choke on cassava bread. All good people know that justice for Nigerians is Nigerian justice, whether made in London or Johannesburg.

God bless your hustle and make it problem-free.

1 Like

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by tawa89(f): 9:08pm On Dec 16, 2012
shymexx:

Zik being a true nationalist is the biggest lie ever told... I used to be a big fan of the man when I was into Pan-Africanism, being that he was the only famous "Pan-Africanist" from Nigeria... However, after reading more about the guy - personally, I think he single-handedly destroyed the little hope Nigeria had at independence...

He was more of an opportunist and a snake, trust me... I can post some of the things he did on this thread if you want... This man even betrayed his own people during the war just to save himself and his investments in Lagos... Zik was a fraud!

I don't rate snakes, I'm sorry..
I don't think there is anytin u will post here that can diminish the respect that zik commanded. The only crime he committed was that he supported equity and fairness in place of mediocrity and tribalism. Nnamdi Azikiwe is not even respected as much as Ojukwu in igboland buh he is the only Nigerian dat is in mould of Nkrumah and Mandela

1 Like

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by SELFWORTH: 9:14pm On Dec 16, 2012
Lack of the fear of God.

When people do not fear God, things will fall apart at every level whether be it leaders, councils, security, personally, school, universities, public organisations etc. it's a cancer that eats into the fabric of the society at every level.

It's a simple fact but true.

Israel in the bible asked for a king when they had God and even till today they have no peace. They rejected God for a man king and paid dearly for it and are still paying for it now. Nigeria is on a path to destruction and only the mercy of God that can halt it. It's gone beyond what any one person can solve.

Many people on this thread are still quoting all things forgetting the creator of Nigeria itself.. Since 1960, none of those things have made a positive impact that is sustainable in the long term.

It's only divine intervention from God that can help Nigeria .
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by AdeniyiA(m): 9:22pm On Dec 16, 2012
S I N
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by trolling(m): 9:22pm On Dec 16, 2012
the problem with naija and worldwide is that the wicked are in power, cant u guys figure dat out by now.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by trolling(m): 9:23pm On Dec 16, 2012
Adeniyi A.:
S I N
thanks jare

1 Like

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by trolling(m): 9:26pm On Dec 16, 2012
SELFWORTH: Lack of the fear of God.

When people do not fear God, things will fall apart at every level whether be it leaders, councils, security, personally, school, universities, public organisations.

It's a simple fact but true.

Israel in the bible asked for a king when they had God and even till today they have no peace. They rejected God for a man king and paid dearly for it and are still paying for it now.
u r so right, but its only gonna get worse and worse....like Christ said, you shall not see me till we say Blessed is He that comes in the name of Yah(Yah-shua)which means Yah's salvation, simply because this world will be in a deplorable state, we havent seen anything yet

1 Like

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Michky: 9:28pm On Dec 16, 2012
Nigeria's biggest problem is the absence of RULE OF LAW . With RULE OF LAW, problems like Embezzlement, Dictatorial decision making habit of the presidency, Corruption and Bribery, Electoral fraud, etc; will stop. With RULE OF LAW in place, it won't be long before Nigeria becomes the envy of all other nations of the world. GUARANTEED!!!
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 16, 2012
tawa89: I don't think there is anytin u will post here that can diminish the respect that zik commanded. The only crime he committed was that he supported equity and fairness in place of mediocrity and tribalism. Nnamdi Azikiwe is not even respected as much as Ojukwu in igboland buh he is the only Nigerian dat is in mould of Nkrumah and Mandela

That's the problem with you unintelligent and indoctrinated kiddos, you don't do background research before you start name-dropping people and comparing them to real legends... What did Nnamdi Azikwe achieve to warrant putting his name in the same sentence as the Kwame Nkrumah and Nelson Mandela(though, I don't agree with everything about him)

Nnamdi Azikwe brought election rigging to Nigeria; his disappearance during the 1966 coup was one of the main reasons why it was called an Igbo coup; he left his people for dead during the war(after composing the national anthem for biafra) and absconded to London as a refugee, only to show up in Lagos a few days later on the Nigerian side; and he also messed up during the 2nd republic... Nnamdi Azikwe was arguably the most corrupt Premier during the first republic - this man owned a freaking BANK... And his maginalisation of Southern Cameroon in the Eastern region was the sole reason why Southern Cameroon left Nigeria!!

The man was an opportunist!

1 Like

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by blackbeau1(f): 9:31pm On Dec 16, 2012
Nigeria's problem is me,you,our leaders and our Mindset.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by prettyboi1(m): 9:34pm On Dec 16, 2012
Bro,this is one of the few times I disagree with you or in fact dislike your reply. Not that we should always agree though, I still respect your opinion all the same but I just thought to say that my man.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by prettyboi1(m): 9:36pm On Dec 16, 2012
black_beau: Nigeria's problem is me,you,our leaders and our Mindset.
100000000000000000 Likes
I totally agree with you.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by SELFWORTH: 9:36pm On Dec 16, 2012
black_beau: Nigeria's problem is me,you,our leaders and our Mindset.

If all of the above fear God, they will do things according to the word of God..... the remaining things will fall into place automatically.

If you obey God, His reward are limitless..
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by kollysnut(m): 9:37pm On Dec 16, 2012
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by nigerboi(m): 9:39pm On Dec 16, 2012
Our problem is just a 10 letter word, C O R R U P T I O N.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by SELFWORTH: 9:42pm On Dec 16, 2012
nigerboi: Our problem is just a 10 letter word, C O R R U P T I O N.

A corrupt person does not Fear God. If they fear God , they will not be corrupt.

1 Like

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Blueboy0402: 9:46pm On Dec 16, 2012
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the root cause of Nigeria's problem is the fact that every ethnic group wants to dominate others. The Hausas wants to dominate, the Igbos want to domnate, the Yorubas want to dominate etc. A particular ethnic group sees itself as more superior than others. This gave birth to corruption, tribalism, Nigeria/Biafra war, quota system, federal character, ethnicism, hatred, wickedness, jelousy, unforgiveness, religious intolerance, inbalance in federal structure, relocation of federal capital from Lagos to Abuja, marginalization etc.

Each tribe has an agenda and mission. For example it is speculated that the Hausas want to Islamise Nigeria, the Igbos want Biafra, the Yorubas want regional autonomy etc. Not untill the different ethnic groups see themselves as equal in the Nigerian project, the problem will persist.

1 Like

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by b03liberty(m): 9:48pm On Dec 16, 2012
our problem is fuel
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by prettyboi1(m): 9:55pm On Dec 16, 2012
In my opinion, the root of all Nigeria's problem is our mind-set. Our flawed mindset makes every single thing wrong that's why we continue to have bad leadership & terrible followership. That's the same reason why every sector of the country's in disaster.....from the gateman who mans the gate all through to the president at aso rock. Only a very few Nigerians stand out & the majority with this flawed mindset always manage to suppress this few. Imagine people that are always against fellow humans & country-men & anything else simply because they're of a different tribe or religion. That's the mentality of crude men (cave men) or animals. Imagine people that believe so much in money,people that give no Damn about anything else if its not money,how can you progress with this mentality? That's why our "leaders" steal money like there'd be no tomorrow & yet they'd never remember to provide basic amenities that they themselves would need in case of an emergency. Imagine stealing most of government's money but yet you can't create a standard hospital,there's still no electricity too & now you have a terrible medical emergency & have to fly out of the continent which takes hours. What's the probability that you would make it? Ha ha.....we are mostly dumb people & that's simply the problem.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by kinguwem: 10:01pm On Dec 16, 2012
Corruption, mediocrity, religious intolerance, ethnicity, illiteracy & poverty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC / Bode George, Dokpesi For PDP Chairmanship Position / South-West Ministers Demand Probe Of Military Over Lekki Shooting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.