Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,544 members, 7,941,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 05:02 PM

Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? - Romance (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? (70748 Views)

17 Things You'll Never Undstnd About Men No Matter How Long You've Been With 1! / For Real Men......(no Lady Should Peep Into This) / Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 30, 2012
Men like pursuing women tht use and abuse them cheesy
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by FXKing2012(m): 9:28am On Dec 30, 2012
mondi_cheeks: Men like pursuing women tht use and abuse them cheesy

hmnnnnn......
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by 2good(m): 9:37am On Dec 30, 2012
mondi_cheeks: Men like pursuing women tht use and abuse them cheesy
Only poor men.chase women these days, The last time I chased a woman for more than 1 week was during my Unilag undergraduate days when I used to be broke.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by FXKing2012(m): 11:29am On Dec 30, 2012
2good: Only poor men.chase women these days, The last time I chased a woman for more than 1 week was during my Unilag undergraduate days when I used to be broke.

I concur.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by 2good(m): 11:49am On Dec 30, 2012
FXKing2012:

I concur.

Finally we agreed on one thing. lol!
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by FXKing2012(m): 11:52am On Dec 30, 2012
2good:

Finally we agreed on one thing. lol!

I'm equally surprised (lol)
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 30, 2012
God will not let it be in my portion to chase any woman. I have pursued some naija girls in the past. All the chivalry, opening doors, dinner dates etc. That is in my past now. Naija girls respond to one language only. MONEY. Does he have a car? What car does he drive? Where does he stay? Does he work in a multinational or oil company? Not against naija women but it is wat it is. Many poor pple in naija. Or should I say greedy. Materialism is the order of the day. I'll rather spend my time chasing my career or money and meet a wonderful woman along the way. When u're successful women chase u and u pick. When u're still hustling u chase women and they pick. The choice is urs.
PS: There are still some girls who will stand by u in ur trying times. U jst need to look well. And mature women don't require too much chasing. It's only small girls that don't knw what they want.

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by CzarChris(m): 7:41pm On Dec 30, 2012
12 inches!:
God will not let it be in my portion to chase any woman. I have pursued some naija girls in the past. All the chivalry, opening doors, dinner dates etc. That is in my past now. Naija girls respond to one language only. MONEY. Does he have a car? What car does he drive? Where does he stay? Does he work in a multinational or oil company? Not against naija women but it is wat it is. Many poor pple in naija. Or should I say greedy. Materialism is the other of the day. I'll rather spend my time chasing my career or money and meet a wonderful woman along the way. When u're successful women chase u and u pick. When u're still hustling u chase women and they pick. The choice is urs.
PS: There are still some girls who will stand by u in ur trying times. U jst need to look well. And mature women don't require too much chasing. It's only small girls that don't knw what they want.
Case closed, End of Discussion.
QED

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 1:29am On Dec 31, 2012
12 inches!:
God will not let it be in my portion to chase any woman. I have pursued some naija girls in the past. All the chivalry, opening doors, dinner dates etc. That is in my past now. Naija girls respond to one language only. MONEY. Does he have a car? What car does he drive? Where does he stay? Does he work in a multinational or oil company? Not against naija women but it is wat it is. Many poor pple in naija. Or should I say greedy. Materialism is the other of the day. I'll rather spend my time chasing my career or money and meet a wonderful woman along the way. When u're successful women chase u and u pick. When u're still hustling u chase women and they pick. The choice is urs.
Your so on point there Bruv

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by adim2(m): 3:11pm On Dec 31, 2012
@op
How do you expect men to chase a lady dat dances with only bra and pant in olamide, iyanya, dbanj and the rest artist video? How do you expect men to chase ladies that smokes cigar & igbo nowadays? And also ladies that can consumer a whole brewery at one sitting? How do you expect men to chase a lady that parties all her life out? Or a lady you see from afar and you cannot see any atom of virtue in her. How do you expect a guy to chase a lady that you have not even made your intentions known to her and she is demanding for a recharge card? Or how do you expect us to chase a lady that boldly tells you make money first and then come after me. Gone are those days when boys where deceived with movies like "for better for worse"" behind τ̲̅ђe clouds" where u see a guy using all his might and time to chase after a lady. Nowadays we are in the era of movies like "for money for stay" "facebook and 2go love" and men now are smarter. You chase success like usain bolt and then allow the ladies to chase and follow you like twitter. By then, you go know say ladies too sabi toast o.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Yvete(f): 5:30pm On Dec 31, 2012
12 inches!:
God will not let it be in my portion to chase any woman. I have pursued some naija girls in the past. All the chivalry, opening doors, dinner dates etc. That is in my past now. Naija girls respond to one language only. MONEY. Does he have a car? What car does he drive? Where does he stay? Does he work in a multinational or oil company? Not against naija women but it is wat it is. Many poor pple in naija. Or should I say greedy. Materialism is the order of the day. I'll rather spend my time chasing my career or money and meet a wonderful woman along the way. When u're successful women chase u and u pick. When u're still hustling u chase women and they pick. The choice is urs.

The fact that you recognize the bolded is a good thing. These days there are Naija men that are after money too especially with 'big' family names, parents careers, etc.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by kpolli(m): 5:43pm On Dec 31, 2012
Yvete:

The fact that you recognize the bolded is a good thing. These days there are Naija men that are after money too especially with 'big' family names, parents careers, etc.

Lies. . . Only place I have seen this is on NL
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Yvete(f): 5:55pm On Dec 31, 2012
kpolli:

hahahaha!!! kpolli so you're here tooo?
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Yvete(f): 5:57pm On Dec 31, 2012
kpolli: Lies. . . Only place I have seen this is on NL

I'm very sure of what i'm talking about. People associate with you for selfish reasons. This is what ive experienced all my life. Believe me. looool. You've left those people for romance too? hehehee
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by kpolli(m): 6:13pm On Dec 31, 2012
Yvete:

I'm very sure of what i'm talking about. People associate with you for selfish reasons. This is what ive experienced all my life. Believe me. looool. You've left those people for romance too? hehehee

I followed you ooo, am going back there. . . . Well it's a human thing that has always been around so don't make it seem as if it's a naija male issue. . . .

Now going back to where grow ups are
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 11, 2013
ChopUrMoni:

I currently have 2 guys who have been pursuing me for over 2 years!
At the end of the quest/pursue will you say a YES to both men? will you marry both men? one will sure be griefed thinking time and resources was wasted on an uncertain pursue imagine same agriefed guy pursue two or three girls for 2 or 3 years and end up with a 'NO' that will mean he spent about 9 years chasing the wind +spend moni for 3 years on a girl dat will endup saying no (chop ur moni you are wicked) also what is the guarantee that one chases a girl for that long will find her worth it? atleast the women of old had virtue and are worth being pursued.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by rocso: 3:55pm On Sep 11, 2013
ChopUrMoni: Have you ever played hide and seek? If you have, then you know that once the person has been found by the finder its not the end of the game. The person found must run and the finder would have to pursue until they have caught them. Then and only then is the the game over.

I have noticed a trend among a lot of men. They have become so lazy that they do not bother chasing the girl they love. The saying "ah... its just a girl, they are many more out there" and "she's playing hard to get, i cant be bothered and she's not the only beautiful girl out there anyway" have become so popular among men especially black men.

What happened to the value of chasing a woman? Why has it become so worthless and looked down upon. Would men of today have survived many years ago. Men in those days didn't complain when they pursued the girl they loved, in many cases suffered in the hands of the girls family and then paid a massive amount to have her as his wife. Today it's a lot easier yet men are not willing or should I say are too lazy to pursue the woman of their dreams. Oh i forgot... there are too many fishes in sea. Why bother right?

Men, we love to be pursued and conquered by you. Why do you all think the stories of Cinderella, Snow white, Rapunzel and the like are so loved by girls? They all had one thing in common. A prince who not only found them but also fought for them. Trust me we love to be chased and caught by you.

If you are not serious with the girl then don't bother. But, if you do love her don't allow you friends to push you to get over her after she has rejected you twice. Try a little harder than twicesmiley. I noticed white guys have always chased me fervently. But when it comes to black men, even though they profess to loving me so deeply they don't bother if i don't respond to them after a specific time. If any race of man on earth should know how to pursue a woman fervently until he captures her it should be a black man because thats what you fathers and grand fathers did. It's in your DNA smiley So now, what are you waiting for? Get started!
we got to chase money with same time,cos without the money we aint getting no love.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 11, 2013
jpiliya:
At the end of the quest/pursue will you say a YES to both men? will you marry both men? one will sure be griefed thinking time and resources was wasted on an uncertain pursue imagine same agriefed guy pursue two or three girls for 2 or 3 years and end up with a 'NO' that will mean he spent about 9 years chasing the wind +spend moni for 3 years on a girl dat will endup saying no (chop ur moni you are wicked) also what is the guarantee that one chases a girl for that long will find her worth it? atleast the women of old had virtue and are worth being pursued.

I read her nonsense too. Basically all I see is a little girl complaining because she was hoping to let down and disappoint more men in her life. She can't stomach the fact that she only has 2 pursuers.

Smart Men have better things to do with their time than to have it disrespected by someone who for all they know has had 26 abortions. Back in the day, women were more guarded and you were sure you would be getting the following:

- A virgin
- A woman that respects you enough to kneel when she serves your food
- Many other things I don't see with the women of this generation

So don't expect all that rubbish if you know you cannot give the same in return as expected. The sooner you wake up from your fairy tale and face the real world the better for you.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by pleep(m): 6:51am On Sep 13, 2013
^ Amen. I cannot stand pursing a chick when i know she was slept with sooooooo many other dudes.

My attitude is; take it or leave it hoe

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by legendprac(m): 8:45am On Sep 13, 2013
Chase/pursue women n go bankrupt....

Chase/pursue d paper and watch ladies chase u.....

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 13, 2013
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by afrokid(m): 4:05pm On Sep 13, 2013
Abeg, make dem gals go look bush, I've got my mind on my money, my money on my mind!
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by EejaNla01(m): 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2013
Double post.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by EejaNla01(m): 4:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
It feels good to know we guys are now upright and operate with our brain and not our lipsrsealed

With these,our women ill change with time smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 13, 2013
Many of ladies this days are indecent then how will someone b wasting time with them, is better to remain focus n when u arrive they do the chasing n u choose the dececnt one among them.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by drnoel: 9:22am On Sep 14, 2013
Why would a man pursue a woman when he is already pursued by university and poly girls
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 14, 2013
"My name is malam Iliya ... I was
born when men were men and
women were won by men who
deserved them" - The Passport of
Mallam Iliya

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 14, 2013
Funny ....... Women rather pursue
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by filani(m): 2:03pm On Sep 15, 2013
First posted on this thread ages ago, judging by majority of male posters response I'm so glad that a number of us guys have decided to wise up.

Stay focused on your academics/career, make that paper and all the trappings that come with it and the world will be your oyster.

The truth of the matter is that most of the BS we guys go through in relationships is not because we have to but because WE ALLOW IT !!!

Who decided that men/guys are to be the ones perpetually doing the chasing?
Who decided that a girls time , energy, emotions is worth more than mine as a guy?
Who decided that because the letter of the bible says "He that findeth a wife..." Automatically means that I as a Good Man am not worthy of being 'found' by a discerning woman as well?
P.S
I said 'Woman' not little girls claiming woman.

Albert Einstein said 'The definition of INSANITY is doing the same action, in exactly the same way over and over again and honestly believing you will get a different result !!!'

If we guys want to be taken seriously in relationships, we cannot afford to come to the table with a beggarly mindset and think that we will be treated rightly.
As a guy by all means be respectful to the girl in your life but make it very clear to her from the onset that love,respect, chasing/wooing is a Two way street.
Don't allow any girl to demand from you what she herself can't or won't give back to you!!!

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Femmhi: 3:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
Lovely.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
It's true
kpolli:

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Secondary School Boy Surprises His Girl On Her Birthday With Gifts & Gets A Kiss / The Pre Wedding Picture That Got Everyone Talking / A Date With Bae In The Ocean, Ladies Can You Do This? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.