Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,544 members, 7,941,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 04:50 PM

Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? - Romance (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? (70745 Views)

17 Things You'll Never Undstnd About Men No Matter How Long You've Been With 1! / For Real Men......(no Lady Should Peep Into This) / Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by omayyi: 1:13am On Dec 23, 2012
Buhahahahha..cap28 getting so many "likes" definitely from the female folks. Oh well he's a "real man" they love "real men". Notwithstanding, I belong to the same school of thought as Sagamite on this topic. I no go ever be mugu lailai

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 1:15am On Dec 23, 2012
LOL!
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 2:59am On Dec 23, 2012
---
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 3:14am On Dec 23, 2012
----
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 3:31am On Dec 23, 2012
Answer

Because women are now pursuing them

Na turn by turn grin
Inshallah come 2013,they will start pursing women again
grin
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 3:48am On Dec 23, 2012
-----
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by jarkata(m): 4:42am On Dec 23, 2012
[color=#770077][/color]
fellis: Look at the men on this thread feeling like important people that are very important and don't waste time chasing girls. grin grin grin
Ok o, we have heard, you don't chase women. abeg you guyz should go and sleep.
See how they are talkng about how women are superficial creatures that run after rich guys as if men are not also superficial.
Abi o,na true jare,i like ur talk.but dont prove hard to get,dis is computer age,man no get time to waste pursuing a girl,it is my policy if i ask a girl out or check on her at home up to 3 times and she did not bother to call on me i mean to check me at my place,i don delete am be dat no time,dat means she no get my time.
fellis: Look at the men on this thread feeling like important people that are very important and don't waste time chasing girls. grin grin grin
See how they are talkng about how women are superficial creatures that run after rich guys as if men are not also superficial.
Abi o,na true jare,i like ur talk.but dont prove hard to get,dis is computer age,man no get time to waste pursuing a girl,it is my policy if i ask a girl out or check on her at home up to 3 times and she did not bother to call on me i mean to check me at my place,i don delete am be dat no time,dat means she no get my time.

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by BigBashiru: 4:46am On Dec 23, 2012
Let x be the amount of time it takes to pursue one woman on average per week.
Let n be the number of women pursued per week.

If x = 1 hour and n = 5 to be conservative,
then total time spent = 5 hours per week or 20 hours per month or 240 hours per year excluding gifts, money spent etc.

In short, colossal waste of time!
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 23, 2012
In my opinion, na very few good eggs remain for the crate so I'm guessing instead of waiting for one chicken, we just buy the poultry eat both eggs and chickens.... but the nigerian girl slogan now is "what do u have for me".... or better still, I need a ......" so sit home make money.... and let dem market their products to ur doorstep.... if u like u buy.... if u don't let em feel how hard the tip of your shoe is....
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 23, 2012
joeydozzy: you think we don't try? we've given up on you girls who do all they can now to stray us from them. maybe its this generation I've seen but we've wooed to the point that we've been embarrassed, made vague and lugubrious expenses with nothing to show for it.

what you should be complaining about here is why you girls make it hard for us. After going for about 8 dates, you'll decide you don't see him more than a friend or worse still, the first base now kicks in.

help us by giving us signs but for the meantime I don park bus sad

eeyah...some gals are just damn lucky,well i just hope i meet a gud man someday.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 12:22pm On Dec 23, 2012
Men chase after dough wemen chase after men that have dough.MO TIME TO WAST.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Ezebuola(m): 12:23pm On Dec 23, 2012
What do you take us for? I've been chasing this girl in my class since first semester she accepted second semester, we didn't do anything serious, two weeks later she waved the relationship aside for no reason, and the worst part of it is that lots of preety girls are all over me expecting me to have them, I got tired of her after months of wasted efforts.some Girls are just crazy..they can't spot true love
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by criuze(m): 2:47pm On Dec 23, 2012
no time, any way, i will launch my chasings, but i will start with you
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 23, 2012
biafra kwenu: HIV/AIDS dey discourage us abeg.

lol smh.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 23, 2012
shymexx: Why are women running their mouths on this thread??

When niggaz start giving you "bladder infections" - you lot will start complaining about acute stomach ache and shyte... undecided

lmao wtf?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by stede(m): 3:16pm On Dec 23, 2012
#ho**
Chasing a woman is beyond an arab arrant nonsense.... When there is no time to check time....

Real men ll focus on and devote more time, energy, mental strength and resources on paper chase because when money talks bull-shit keeps quiet...

In conclusion, all what Nigerian women understand is money... They don't even care about how you got it (scam, ritualz, robbery)....... They are just intrested in chopping your money.............#

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 23, 2012
stede: Real men ll focus on and devote more time, energy, mental strength and resources on paper chase because when money talks bull-shit keeps quiet...

nice..
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by lastpage: 7:20pm On Dec 23, 2012
ChopUrMoni: Have you ever played hide and seek? If you have, then you know that once the person has been found by the finder its not the end of the game. The person found must run and the finder would have to pursue until they have caught them. Then and only then is the the game over.

I have noticed a trend among a lot of men. They have become so lazy that they do not bother chasing the girl they love........

What happened to the value of chasing a woman? Why has it become so worthless and looked down upon............

Men, we love to be pursued and conquered by you
. Why do you all think the stories of Cinderella, Snow white, Rapunzel and the like are so loved by girls? They all had one thing in common. A prince who not only found them but also fought for them. Trust me we love to be chased and caught by you.....

Okay, lets be HONEST WITH OURSELVES and look deep into this matter:

Women of TODAY dont seems to either:

1.) Know what they want ..or...
2.) Too selfish or self-centered, to bother about "HOW" to get what they actually want.

They are like the "typical Nigerian" who groans and moans about BAD GOVERNMENT every day but is NOT READY to lift a single finger, to do WHAT IS NECESSARY to CHANGE BAD GOVERNMENT!

Curiously, experience has shown us that "Freedom is NOT GIVEN, it is worked hard for, fought for, sacrificed for and TAKEN BY FORCE, if necessary".

Same applies to our Women of TODAY, who want MEN of TODAY to do to them, what "Our Fathers did to our Mothers" (like chasing them around kiss grin ) in those good old days:

QUESTION IS: Can you WOMEN OF TODAY, do the things, accept the things and behave like our Mothers did to their Husbands, back then?

Be honest with yourselves, hands crossed over your heart (and you may hope to die or grow a long nose like Pinnochio, if you dare lie! shocked ) and tell yourself, the answer.

Let me break it down a lil-bit:
*Everything in Life follows certain "Universal Laws",....like the "Law of reciprocity.....being Give and take", Like the Universal Law of Physics, "Action and Reaction .....being Equal and opposite" (Isaac Newton),
Like the Universal "the Golden Rule ......being Do unto others as you would expect to be done unto", ...and so on.

Women of TODAY will look down on our Mothers as "Stewpid, uneducated, uncivilized, too weak, unsophisticated, unexposed, Docile, Take too much poo from their husbands, too compromising, e.t.c"

*But in all the above, Women of TODAY forget that "YOU CANT EAT YOUR CAKE AND STILL HAVE IT"!

Our Mothers enjoyed all those things you now crave for, because of "HOW and WHO They are"!
You are either "like them" .....and ENJOY THOSE THINGS (like being chased endlessly and being dotted over) or YOU ARE NOT. ...Its so K-I-S-S kiss (Keep It stewpidly Simple!)

On a closer look, a discerning person will decipher that "our Mothers are not "Stewpid" at all, they just KNOW WHAT TO DO, TO GET WHAT THEY WANT AND RIGHTLY DESERVE! ......That is what l call SMARTNESS!

TODAYS WOMEN who think they are smart, are actually the reverse after-all, the RESULT is there for all to see --- , lack of Love, uninteresting courtship, boring marriage, Family breakdowns, Divorce and failed child rearing!

So, it is not about men not chasing women (as our fathers did in those days, it is in our DNA to chase women, treat women like a Queen and splash out on them) BUT....

BUT.... Women have changed (and dont deny these please!) ....Men are just responding to those changes, like all "Natural and Universal Laws" demand!
There are still a few women out there who have "mastered the secret of a successful Love/Marital Life" and are using it to their advantage!.

Of-course, the so-called "smart, modern woman" will condemn and criticize them like they did (to) our Mothers!

But like l always say: Its the END that justifies the MEANS".
You want it, You gat to work for it! ...Easy come, Easy goes!

No one, no matter how smart they think they are, can "Eat their cake and still have it"

I think say na "BB, i-Phone-5 and Amigo hair attachment" una dey run after? Let those items do the chasing on our behalf naa! grin grin wink wink

Any woman of TODAY that desires to be "chased and treated like our Mothers of those days", should look inwards, study how and what our Mothers did in their relationship, how they related with their men, how they "view and appreciated their men".......THEN YOU HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!

There is No long story in this one, walahi!
The answer you go to "Sokoto" (Northern state) to look for, is right there inside your "Sokoto" (Trouser pocket)! ....Yoruba Proverb wink wink

Lastpage!

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by pleep(m): 8:11pm On Dec 23, 2012
Awesome post lastpage, but i don't think the ladies will be able to understand it.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by favinvest: 8:51pm On Dec 23, 2012
When I had no money.. Babes including christian sisters all refused me.. Now am making money babes flock around ... Why waste my time to go after them.. They even call me and ask me when am in town..

Those of u talking abt HIV.. I use good double condoms..

Simple and short.. Most ladies re after the money.. Instead of chasing them.. I beta chase the money so that the ladies will chase me not d reverse.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 24, 2012
Truckpusher: GuIlty of what?...

Guilty of positioning my heart where I know it will be broken.
kiss
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Xflint(m): 9:14am On Dec 24, 2012
Why would men chase gals when gals, all they think and dream of is money, money and money. Why?
Will gals of this age love a guy for who he is just like in the old ages. Can they? Of course not.
I am even dreaming of a world where guys wil never talk to any gal for about 1 month or so.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by kishimi8(m): 10:25am On Dec 24, 2012
omo na so pipo de vex for hia .,. chei,.,. man and woman matter no de end grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by lastpage: 12:29pm On Dec 24, 2012
pleep: Awesome post lastpage, but i don't think the ladies will be able to understand it.

Haaa, they do UNDERSTAND wella-wella! grin grin grin

BUT...

Its a whole world of difference between "UNDERSTAND" and "ACCEPT and ADJUST".

The latter na im no gree we women!
wink wink

Cheers Bro.

Lastpage!
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by filani(m): 2:35pm On Dec 24, 2012
lastpage:

Okay, lets be HONEST WITH OURSELVES and look deep into this matter:

Women of TODAY dont seems to either:

1.) Know what they want ..or...
2.) Too selfish or self-centered, to bother about "HOW" to get what they actually want.

Curiously, experience has shown us that "Freedom is NOT GIVEN, it is worked hard for, fought for, sacrificed for and TAKEN BY FORCE, if necessary".

Same applies to our Women of TODAY, who want MEN of TODAY to do to them, what "Our Fathers did to our Mothers" (like chasing them around kiss grin ) in those good old days:

QUESTION IS: Can you WOMEN OF TODAY, do the things, accept the things and behave like our Mothers did to their Husbands, back then?

Be HONEST with yourselves, hands crossed over your heart (and you may hope to die or grow a long nose like Pinnochio, if you dare lie! shocked ) and tell yourself, the answer.

Let me break it down a lil-bit:
*Everything in Life follows certain "Universal Laws",....like the "Law of reciprocity.....being Give and take", Like the Universal Law of Physics, "Action and Reaction .....being Equal and opposite" (Isaac Newton),
Like the Universal "the Golden Rule ......being Do unto others as you would expect to be done unto", ...and so on.

Women of TODAY will look down on our Mothers as "Stewpid, uneducated, uncivilized, too weak, unsophisticated, unexposed, Docile, Take too much poo from their husbands, too compromising, e.t.c"

*But in all the above, Women of TODAY forget that "YOU CANT EAT YOUR CAKE AND STILL HAVE IT"!

Our Mothers enjoyed all those things you now crave for, because of "HOW and WHO They are"!
You are either "like them" .....and ENJOY THOSE THINGS (like being chased endlessly and being dotted over) or YOU ARE NOT. ...Its so K-I-S-S kiss (Keep It stewpidly Simple!)

On a closer look, a discerning person will decipher that "our Mothers are not "Stewpid" at all, they just KNOW WHAT TO DO, TO GET WHAT THEY WANT AND RIGHTLY DESERVE! ......That is what l call SMARTNESS!

TODAYS WOMEN who think they are smart, are actually the reverse after-all, the RESULT is there for all to see --- , lack of Love, uninteresting courtship, boring marriage, Family breakdowns, Divorce and failed child rearing!

So, it is not about men not chasing women (as our fathers did in those days, it is in our DNA to chase women, treat women like a Queen and splash out on them) BUT....

BUT.... Women have changed (and dont deny these please!) ....Men are just responding to those changes, like all "Natural and Universal Laws" demand!
There are still a few women out there who have "mastered the secret of a successful Love/Marital Life" and are using it to their advantage!.

Of-course, the so-called "smart, modern woman" will condemn and criticize them like they did (to) our Mothers!

No one, no matter how smart they think they are, can "Eat their cake and still have it !

Any woman of TODAY that desires to be "chased and treated like our Mothers of those days", should look inwards, study how and what our Mothers did in their relationship, how they related with their men, how they "view and appreciated their men".......THEN YOU HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION

@ Last page

Bros , chop knuckle *fist bump*

Too many 'ladies' are trying to be clever by half these days. The OP herself talks about men risking it all for a woman as it was in the days of old ( she even references cartoon classics like Snow White & Rapunzel to 'Buttress' her point LOL) and then in the next breath she admits that she has been stringing two separate guys along for the last 2 years !!!
Let's just think about that for a minute.
Two guys , following the script that the OP is trying to sell to guys as the ideal way to behave.
Two guys giving it their all, giving their time, their energy ,their emotions and of course their money(after all 'Real men' pay for dates,right?)
And what is the OP doing ?
Q)Is she really putting up an effort?
A)Hell No! She's sitting pretty watching you guys 'risk it all' to win her approval smiley

Q)Is she investing her time to be with you?
A)The only time she remembers you even exist is when she sees your missed calls on her phone or when her gateman tells her one young chap asking to see her and she quickly juggles her memory to remember your name and face. smiley

Q)Is she doing ANYTHING to show you that she is actually worth all the BS she is putting you through?
A)Uh... Nope! She's too busy thinking about how next she can 'test' you to see if you are worthy of her approval. smiley

Q) If the tables were turned and you are the guy that has everything she says she wants... Good looks,Good money ,Flashy car etc will she have the courage to step to you and ask you out? If you decide to 'test' her, will she be willing to 'risk it all' to be with you?
A) Your guess is as good as mine. smiley

Remember the two guys that the OP is stringing along? Do you honestly believe that either one of them has asked themselves the fundamental questions i listed above? I really don't think so!

But hey, you know what? This is just my opinion ok! Any guy out there who agrees with the OP's line of thinking and feels that they don't mind being the guy in the scenario I described above then hey! Good for you!
But any other guys who know in their hearts that this scenario is not their cup of tea , then let us guys learn how to LOVE SMART with girls rather than CHASING HARD for girls .

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Sagamite(m): 4:16pm On Dec 24, 2012
filani:

@ Last page

Bros , chop knuckle *fist bump*

Too many 'ladies' are trying to be clever by half these days. The OP herself talks about men risking it all for a woman as it was in the days of old ( she even references cartoon classics like Snow White & Rapunzel to 'Buttress' her point LOL) and then in the next breath she admits that she has been stringing two separate guys along for the last 2 years !!!
Let's just think about that for a minute.
Two guys , following the script that the OP is trying to sell to guys as the ideal way to behave.
Two guys giving it their all, giving their time, their energy ,their emotions and of course their money(after all 'Real men' pay for dates,right?)
And what is the OP doing ?
Q)Is she really putting up an effort?
A)Hell No! She's sitting pretty watching you guys 'risk it all' to win her approval smiley

Q)Is she investing her time to be with you?
A)The only time she remembers you even exist is when she sees your missed calls on her phone or when her gateman tells her one young chap asking to see her and she quickly juggles her memory to remember your name and face. smiley

Q)Is she doing ANYTHING to show you that she is actually worth all the BS she is putting you through?
A)Uh... Nope! She's too busy thinking about how next she can 'test' you to see if you are worthy of her approval. smiley

Q) If the tables were turned and you are the guy that has everything she says she wants... Good looks,Good money ,Flashy car etc will she have the courage to step to you and ask you out? If you decide to 'test' her, will she be willing to 'risk it all' to be with you?
A) Your guess is as good as mine. smiley

Remember the two guys that the OP is stringing along? Do you honestly believe that either one of them has asked themselves the fundamental questions i listed above? I really don't think so!

But hey, you know what? This is just my opinion ok! Any guy out there who agrees with the OP's line of thinking and feels that they don't mind being the guy in the scenario I described above then hey! Good for you!
But any other guys who know in their hearts that this scenario is not their cup of tea , then let us guys learn how to LOVE SMART with girls rather than CHASING HARD for girls .

You just described perfect mugus like cap28, who would now dumbly come here to say they understand women.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 25, 2012
pleep: The worst i have ever been 'hurt' by a women was being put in the friend-zone in highschool. I haven't been put through the tribulations most of these other men have.
why didn't u get her love portion so she can love u by force?
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by chronique(m): 1:01pm On Dec 25, 2012
Well,answer is simple! Men are busy chasing money cos that's d most important.... That's d bait dat draws women closer to us. So,why chase d woman when u can have d woman as a bonus after getting the money? Afterall,you guys are the ones who taught us dat we cant chase d woman successfully without the money.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by pleep(m): 6:35pm On Dec 25, 2012
mondi_cheeks: why didn't u get her love portion so she can love u by force?
lost interest na
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Yvete(f): 6:45am On Dec 30, 2012
Hmnnn... still reading... It seems like most people are upset because the comment came from her (Toke), but ladies actually prefer all the lovey-dovey stuff. Dating these days is usually rigid for most people.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by FXKing2012(m): 9:13am On Dec 30, 2012
Yvete: Dating these days is usually rigid for most people.

Wonder why

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Secondary School Boy Surprises His Girl On Her Birthday With Gifts & Gets A Kiss / The Pre Wedding Picture That Got Everyone Talking / A Date With Bae In The Ocean, Ladies Can You Do This? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.