Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,805 members, 7,882,809 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 03:32 PM

How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria (4671 Views)

QH / Joseph Yobo Goes Into Politics, Joins PDP (photos) / Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by anulaxad(m): 11:33am On Dec 26, 2012
I WANT TO KNOW HOW I CAN GET INTO POLITICS IN NIGERIA SO I CAN HAVE THE CHANCE TO SPREAD THE WORD OF THE PEOPLE. IM PROFESSIONAL IM GOOD WITH MONEY(IM AN ECONOMIST) AND I WILL BE A PEOPLE POLITICIAN THE FIRST SINCE MKO ABIOLA.
Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by k2039: 11:43am On Dec 26, 2012
[color=soyouquotedme]What's your networth? [/color]
Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by Metalgoong(m): 11:47am On Dec 26, 2012
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]What's your networth? [/color]
Good question!

I'm always suspicious of poor men who want to run for elective post in Nigeria. . . . They are the most brazen looters. tongue

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by k2039: 11:57am On Dec 26, 2012
Metalgoong:
Good question!

I'm always suspicious of poor men who want to run for elective post in Nigeria. . . . They are the most brazen looters. tongue
gringringringringringringringrin

[color=soyouquotedme]Politics cannot make one rich, it only makes one have great influence and respected.(More applicable in an ideal society, I understand their is not ideal society but their are those that are close to ideality.
Nigeria's deviation from ideality is 99.9%)

If one is rich through politics it only means he/she has been stealing peoples money
[/color]

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by anulaxad(m): 12:07pm On Dec 26, 2012
x
Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by anulaxad(m): 9:50am On Dec 27, 2012
any update cheesy
Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 8:52pm On Dec 30, 2012
anulaxad: I WANT TO KNOW HOW I CAN GET INTO POLITICS IN NIGERIA SO I CAN HAVE THE CHANCE TO SPREAD THE WORD OF THE PEOPLE. IM PROFESSIONAL IM GOOD WITH MONEY(IM AN ECONOMIST) AND I WILL BE A PEOPLE POLITICIAN THE FIRST SINCE MKO ABIOLA.

You are a person!

You claim to be what? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by anulaxad(m): 9:36pm On Dec 30, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a person!

You claim to be what? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hey don't be so insulting. And yes I am what I claim to be thank you very much.

I'm British born and raised and I just want to help out my homeland. Suffering has be going on for too long and 8 years from now I should be qualified for governorships and so fourth in nigeria(bye age).
Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 10:09pm On Dec 30, 2012
anulaxad:
Hey don't be so insulting. And yes I am what I claim to be thank you very much.

I'm British born and raised and I just want to help out my homeland. Suffering has be going on for too long and 8 years from now I should be qualified for governorships and so fourth in nigeria(bye age).

You are british born & raised and you are also a professional economist? Yet you can't string an English sentence together without shooting? grin

Okay, lets test this professional economist's claim. cheesy

Explain to me, using economic theories, why a firm in the UK is more efficient than a firm in China but yet a firm in China can potentially make more profit. grin

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by vanbonattel: 10:17pm On Dec 30, 2012
The simplest way to get into naija politics is to...... put your head on the ground and raise your two legs up, that way you can reason at par with our politicians.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by Ilaje44(m): 10:20pm On Dec 30, 2012
anulaxad: I WANT TO KNOW HOW I CAN GET INTO POLITICS IN NIGERIA SO I CAN HAVE THE CHANCE TO SPREAD THE WORD OF THE PEOPLE. IM PROFESSIONAL IM GOOD WITH MONEY(IM AN ECONOMIST) AND I WILL BE A PEOPLE POLITICIAN THE FIRST SINCE MKO ABIOLA.

To be a politician in Nigeria is not really difficult. You just have to know some people that know some people. Be bad, be ready to kill and get killed. If they know how tough you are, they will hail you.

BTW, never let Nigerians know how wealthy you are, let them just guess that you are doing fine, else, you will be financially demolished without even getting to the gate of power.

As a first step, go to Otta. There is a farmer there that is well connected. I heard he recently lost some part of his estate to an inferno. You could buy favour by donating genuine Italian marble to his reconstruction effort. He would sing your praise to high heavens, because he loves do or die. He would tell about the "ewa" that you have contributed to the new house of the "Oba" after "igbati o jo". God help you.

BTW, if my tactic works for you, dont forget the old man here in this cold Europe o. I can atleast manage a small mansion with a young opeke as olori kekere. grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by Chinwem(f): 10:54pm On Dec 30, 2012
Sagamite:

You are british born & raised and you are also a professional economist? Yet you can't string an English sentence together without shooting? grin

Okay, lets test this professional economists claim. cheesy

Explain to me, using economic theories, why a firm in the UK is more efficient than a firm in China but yet a firm in China can potentially make more profit. grin

Where did he go? I want to hear the answer to this OP

Bonus question :economics 101(incase google doesn't give you the answer to the above).....If anticipated inflation rate rises, what happens to nominal interest rate? (all others factors unchanged)

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 11:15pm On Dec 30, 2012
Chinwem:

By the way, this is economics 101.....If anticipated inflation rate rises, what happens to nominal interest rate? (all others factors unchanged)

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Be careful how you structure your question.

I made sure he could never google my question for answers but yet it is pure economics 101. grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 11:21pm On Dec 30, 2012
This is the same person that said he is a UK raised and educated professional economist. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1119080/life-expectancy-52-years-nigeria/3#13569499
Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 11:21pm On Dec 30, 2012
Okay, he is back. He is about to give us answers. grin

Viewing this topic: anulaxad(m), Sagamite(m)
Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by Chinwem(f): 11:28pm On Dec 30, 2012
Sagamite:

Be careful how you structure your question.

I made sure he could never google my question for answers but yet it is pure economics 101. grin

smileyNoted, thanks! He ll answer yours first
Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 11:40pm On Dec 30, 2012
Chinwem:

smileyNoted, thanks! He ll answer yours first

He has disappeared. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

News Report: Google is over-heating.
Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 11:40pm On Dec 30, 2012
Here again cheesy:

Viewing this topic: anulaxad(m), Sagamite(m), pokur and 1 guest(s)
Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by Chinwem(f): 11:41pm On Dec 30, 2012
ROFLMAO
Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by anulaxad(m): 11:48pm On Dec 30, 2012
lool.
Let me answer your question first sagamite.

I can answer you question in full sentences but there's no need.The answer simply is: china's fast economic growth. wink
Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 11:50pm On Dec 30, 2012
anulaxad: lool.
Let me answer your question first sagamite.

I can answer you question in full sentences but there's no need.The answer simply is: china's fast economic growth. wink

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ye! Ye! Ye! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

My belle o! My head o! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Wrong answer!

Even if you were lucky and it was not a wrong answer, is that the use of economic theories by a 'UK-raised and trained' economist? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by Chinwem(f): 11:52pm On Dec 30, 2012
Goodness gracious me??!!!! Even WAEC won't accept this answer. Thread closed. Waste of brain matter and time. Oga Seun , over to you
Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 11:55pm On Dec 30, 2012
Chinwem: Goodness gracious me??!!!! Even WAEC won't accept this answer. Thread closed. Waste of brain matter and time. Oga Seun , over to you

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That answer was so funny. grin

People come and claim all sought of shyt online. grin

Someone that cannot write a SINGLE sentence in English correctly claims to be UK raised.

Not only that, he has the audacity to claim he is a professional economist? grin grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by Chinwem(f): 12:01am On Dec 31, 2012
I had a good laugh!!! My neighbors will think something is wrong with me now. There's always the option of stand up comedy if all else fails sha
Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 12:02am On Dec 31, 2012
Oya, anulaxad the Great Economist, please try again to answer my question. I want to laugh hard tonight. grin

Viewing this topic: anulaxad(m), pokur, Sagamite(m), Chinwem(f) and 2 guest(s)
Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by seunfly: 6:24am On Dec 31, 2012
Well try to do the following:
* familiarise your self with the people particularly at the grassroot level, let them know you and do something for them, something small but very useful to them eg borehole, fertilizer or agricultural stuff, community developmental project, religious activities etc
* make political contact and alignment in your area, though the shortest way to make it politicaly in Nigeria is to align with winning side which has encouraged godfatherism in Nigeria, but i will encourage you to align with people that you share same ideology and vission.
*Join a political party, your ideology will determine the people you associate with, this then will determine your political party do not be decieved good and bad peaple are in all the political parties it just depend on your area example pdp is good in akwa-ibom and acn is good in edo state and apga is also good in imo, where as pdp is disaster in osun or delta.
*Work with the God you serve very well, and pray to that God you are serving because politic in Nigeria is not a fair game it is do or die affair to them.
Suggestion:
With my own little expirience i think you can make it easily to the top in your area/state if you are from the core northern states, especialy if you have good education, determined and know how to play ur game.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by anulaxad(m): 11:54am On Dec 31, 2012
Sagamite:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ye! Ye! Ye! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

My belle o! My head o! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Wrong answer!

Even if you were lucky and it was not a wrong answer, is that the use of economic theories by a 'UK-raised and trained' economist? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hey now you listen to me mate.if you want me to explain in full sentences I can ok,I know its not wrong but I will explain better.
Alright here you go:

Economists study trade, production and of consumption decisions,such as tourism,food and demand.

The size and population of the country matters too, and we know china is hugely populated and and big in size of land mass.

Now the UK is a developed country which means less investment opportunity, while China is a fast developing country enduring fast economic boom. There's obviously going to be more investment in china because its an investment paradise enduring an amazing growth.

Is that better, it should be right because if its not you can explain your own answer. undecided
Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by anulaxad(m): 12:02pm On Dec 31, 2012
Chinwem:

Bonus question :economics 101(incase google doesn't give you the answer to the above).....If anticipated inflation rate rises, what happens to nominal interest rate? (all others factors unchanged)

If inflation rises,nominal interest rises to. I'm not explaining such a simpleton question in full sentences. undecided
Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by anulaxad(m): 12:07pm On Dec 31, 2012
seunfly:
Well try to do the following:
* familiarise your self with the peaple particularly at the grassroot level, let them know you and do something for them, something small but very useful to them eg borehole, fertilizer or agricultural stuff, community developmental project, religious activities etc
* make political contact and alignments in your area, though the shortest way to make it politicaly in Nigeria is to align with winning side which has encouraged godfatherism in Nigeria, but i will encourage you to align with peaple that you share same ideology and vission.
*Join a political party, your ideology will determine the peaple you associate with this then will determine your political party do not be decieved good and bad peaple are in all the political parties it just depend on your area example pdp is good in akwa-ibom and acn is good in edo state and apga is also good in imo where as pdp is disaster in osun or delta.
*Work with the God you serve very well, and pray to that God you are serving because politic in Nigeria is not a fair game it is do or die affairs to them.
Suggestion:
With my own little expirience i think you can make it easily to the top in your area/state if you are from the core northern state, especialy if you have good education, determined and know how to play ur game.

So much,here in the UK you can easily join a political party.all you have to do is show in your local town hall,fill in applications, and you will get an interview in less than two weeks, and trust me its not that hard coming from experience.
Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2012
anulaxad:

Hey now you listen to me mate.if you want me to explain in full sentences I can ok,I know its not wrong but I will explain better.
Alright here you go:

Economists study trade, production and of consumption decisions,such as tourism,food and demand.

The size and population of the country matters too, and we know china is hugely populated and and big in size of land mass.

Now the UK is a developed country which means less investment opportunity, while China is a fast developing country enduring fast economic boom. There's obviously going to be more investment in china because its an investment paradise enduring an amazing growth.

Is that better, it should be right because if its not you can explain your own answer. undecided

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Fail again!!!

It seems our UK-raised and trained professional economist has never heard of globalisation. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

With globalisation and the convergence of taste, the market for most firms is world-wide, not just local. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

For fck sake, this is economics 101!!! grin grin grin grin

Where the hell are the economics theories I asked for? grin

Oya, try again using economic theories. The most basic of economic theories about

- the type of firms that succeed in each of those countries named.

- how largest profits are obtained by different types of firms.

The above are a fcking strong, open-book clue to any economist! grin grin grin

Let me add to the misery of our UK-trained economist:

Tell me, using an economic theory, why British Airways can charge 2 people different flight fares. Use the economic 101 theory to state why that is even possible.

Note: the question is structured in such a way Googling and common-knowledge guessing would not help you. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by jaybee3(m): 1:18pm On Dec 31, 2012
Leave him alone uncle saga
Re: How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 1:34pm On Dec 31, 2012
jay bee: Leave him alone uncle saga

You wan make people come dey lie for internet?

Look I can slightly understand if someone is being yabbed and he lies to save face. I think it is stewpid, but it is understandable. grin

But for someone who know one has asked anything, and who is obviously not educated, coming online to make unsolicited claims, that is just a mentally sick person in my view. grin grin grin grin

It reminds me of one person that came on NL and was making unsolicited boast that after 2 years of leaving university he was making a £100K annually from doing SAP. grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Long Live The Legend, The Great Field Marshal Odumegwu Ojukwu [PHOTOS] / Achimugu Is The Second Person To Die Of Coronavirus In Nigeria -Femi Fani-Kayode / Aisha Yesufu Seems To Be Regretting Attacking Nnamdi Kanu - See Her Twits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.