Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,486 members, 7,968,336 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 03:49 AM

Yahoo Mail Beta (ajaxed) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Yahoo Mail Beta (ajaxed) (1456 Views)

Is Yahoo Mail Down? (Temporary Error 1) / Spam Mails Every Day In Yahoo Mail! / Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahoo Mail Beta (ajaxed) by africanboy(m): 2:00pm On Apr 26, 2006
Some of us are probably (likely) on Yahoo and google mail service. Wondered when Yahoo was going to catch up on the Ajax "thingy"? No! Well I did, and found that they already had the service, but it took a wihle for me to get it.

Instructions
1. Log in to yahoo mail
2. Go to your account settings (might require password again)
3. Edit member information
4. Edit "Preferred Content", under "General Preferences", mine was "Yahoo! US"
5. Change to UK, France or Germany (I chose UK)
6. Apply all changes
7. Accept the "Terms of Service" and log in again.
8. You will be asked if you to try out the beta. The choice is yours.
9. I think you can switch back (I haven't tried that, not interested!)

Hope it helps.

Re: Yahoo Mail Beta (ajaxed) by igwe4life(m): 2:12pm On Apr 26, 2006
Yahoo is playing Catch up with google.com way to go google
Re: Yahoo Mail Beta (ajaxed) by Cactus(m): 4:23pm On Apr 26, 2006
thats a nice tip, well definitely google is setting an example for everyone else by building light applications. though the yahoo's version is still in the beta stages its cool, twill be advisable for them to do something about their flash/big ads on the pages cos it makes the page slower to load.

what i am really looking forward to is for google to develop their own operating system. I definitely will use it cos its pretty much guaranteed it wouldnt be as bulky as microsoft, though it may require access to the internet. thats no problem cos many people are always connected.
Re: Yahoo Mail Beta (ajaxed) by Zahymaka(m): 4:35pm On Apr 26, 2006
The Gmail File System is surely a step in that direction.
Re: Yahoo Mail Beta (ajaxed) by simonflame: 10:15pm On Apr 26, 2006
cheers man, been tryna get this thing for a while now,
Re: Yahoo Mail Beta (ajaxed) by bolex(m): 10:27pm On Apr 26, 2006
crap

don;t like it
Re: Yahoo Mail Beta (ajaxed) by larger20(m): 1:48am On Apr 27, 2006
bolex:

crap

don;t like it

Same here, very slow to load, the old version is better. I think yahoo does not have much to do
Re: Yahoo Mail Beta (ajaxed) by Cactus(m): 2:22am On Apr 27, 2006
larger_20:

Same here, very slow to load, the old version is better. I think yahoo does not have much to do

whao, there is absolutely no doubt its faster than the old version because, checking you emails in the old version will require you to reload all the elements on the page, however, implementing AJAX, makes you load only the elements that change.

do you generally experience slow loading page? well if yea, you may have to clean up your system. if not thats cool.

well some people like graphics others text based, I prefer the textual content maybe you guys just like the graphics on the pages

but since many people in naija for instance use yahoo, this is a step forward in cutting down on the duration it takes in checking their mails.

regardless, the option is always there to stick to what you like but eventually Yahoo's default will be the AJAX and you may be able to revert to the old version.

GOOGLE ROX MY WORLD
Re: Yahoo Mail Beta (ajaxed) by larger20(m): 5:16am On Apr 27, 2006
Cactus:

whao, there is absolutely no doubt its faster than the old version because, checking you emails in the old version will require you to reload all the elements on the page, however, implementing AJAX, makes you load only the elements that change.

do you generally experience slow loading page? well if yea, you may have to clean up your system. if not thats cool.

well some people like graphics others text based, I prefer the textual content maybe you guys just like the graphics on the pages

but since many people in naija for instance use yahoo, this is a step forward in cutting down on the duration it takes in checking their mails.

regardless, the option is always there to stick to what you like but eventually Yahoo's default will be the AJAX and you may be able to revert to the old version.

GOOGLE ROX MY WORLD

There is no cleaning of system in this issue. Yahoo.co.uk and other few extensions are slower to load after this new mail was implimented. I prefer the old one. I think yahoo needs to do more work regarding educating people on how the new system works and why we should be patient during loading,
Re: Yahoo Mail Beta (ajaxed) by africanboy(m): 8:45am On Apr 27, 2006
i kinda prefer the new system, does not seem slower, though i havent really noticed speed improvements except in situations in which on parts of the page need to refreshed as opposed to refreshing the whole page when my connection times out.

need to test attaching to see if it is better
Re: Yahoo Mail Beta (ajaxed) by twinstaiye(m): 11:23am On Apr 27, 2006
Thanks Africanboy, I love it. It saves me a lot of time.
Re: Yahoo Mail Beta (ajaxed) by gentleaura(m): 3:51pm On Apr 27, 2006
Oops! thts stale, I've had it for awhile now

(1) (Reply)

How To Configure Outlook Express / Activation Licence Needed For Vista Ultimate Urgently. / To Start Paying Money For Facebook?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.