Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,857 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:20 AM

Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? (14334 Views)

Is Their Anything Special About First Class? / Salary For A Graduate Assistant In A Federal Polytechnic / Is A Graduate With Online Masters Employable In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by ZeusI: 11:39pm On Dec 27, 2012
For few: expertise, thus Yes!(that is 10%. For others: dependency, thus No(that is 90%).
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by callash: 11:47pm On Dec 27, 2012
LMAO..WALAHI,UDONDEYMADT...WERIN DEY THE THING WEY HE WRITE
Nautillus:

and a "graduate" wrote this?? e don happen.
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by Truckpusher(m): 1:14am On Dec 28, 2012
oya slap yourself 3 TIMES....YOU ARE AMONGST THE BUNCH OF FOOLS TRYING TO CORRECT A CLOWN.
omo_to_dun: Ayam surprsied at the OP. How can you called yourself an graduate when your posts is fulled with multiples gramatikal errors.

Are this the type of graduate that Nigeria are producing?
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by Truckpusher(m): 1:17am On Dec 28, 2012
IS EVERYTHING A JOKE TO YOU?
omo_to_dun:

A cursory look at my previous posts will reveal the level of my education.
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by Nobody: 1:35am On Dec 28, 2012
Heheee. Dis is funny!haha. Nigerians will never cease to amuse me. Why argue over borrowed trash. Is english your first language??
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by razznaija(f): 5:03am On Dec 28, 2012
There is nothing special about being a graduate after all, there are thousands if not millions of graduates roaming around every street in Nigeria. Anyone can be a graduate, but its all about the knowledge that they acquired while they were in the University.
All these graduates that you see these days, some of them cannot even turn on a computer, or construct a sentence without making any grammatical errors, but yet they are still called graduates.

I had a cousin who came back to Nigeria after getting his masters abroad, for NYSC. When he returned home from the training camp or whatever you guys call it, he complained to me about how bad the diction of the so called graduates were.

Or this other instance where i had to delete this particular guy that was one of my contacts on BBM because I realized that i was losing IQ points every time i read his chat messages, and this guy is supposed to be a mechanical engineer that graduated with a first class degree, can you imagine?

I'm even surprised that the people around you are making a big fuss about your graduation and you're supposed to be in Nigeria. Or are you living in Benue, Zamfara, Sokoto OR Nasarawa state? Anyways with the way that Nigerian universities go on strike (thereby causing people to stay in Universities longer than they are supposed to), i won't blame anyone for making you feel special because you just graduated.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by ignis: 5:33am On Dec 28, 2012
Adeniyi A.:

dude why are u 'serendipizing' my coined words',u think i limit myself to 'imported' words?.
i coin mine for exportation,now check this out;
Students go through lots of 'hila-hilo' to pass through Nigerian universities.
Bros, I highly advice that you visit the nearest psychiatrist hospital for proper checkup
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by Mpetempe(m): 5:40am On Dec 28, 2012
Fake Nation, Fake People, Fake Government, Fake Education, Fake Lives, Fake Graduates, Fake Fake Fake Fake Fake Fake...gringringringringringringringringringringrin
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by EmmyDe25(m): 5:43am On Dec 28, 2012
Abbey2sam:

Are you sure you are a graduate?
Pls which of the versity do you graduated from?
this is very embarrasing
'Do u graduated from'?
Dont u guys eva learn? Why dnt u remove d log of woods in ur own eye b4 u try to remove d speck of dust on sum1 else's eye.
Just to construct a simple line in an attempt to blackballed sum1 u failed woefully... Its a pity.
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by EmmyDe25(m): 5:49am On Dec 28, 2012
Adeniyi A.:

better! thanks jor!
my principle is,if you can't correct me,don't condemn me.
those who condemn you only add to your woes and ignorance...
Oh... So u know ds?... Nd u were busy making a failed attempt at correcting anoda person. Ur name na Lukaku.
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by EmmyDe25(m): 5:49am On Dec 28, 2012
Adeniyi A.:

better! thanks jor!
my principle is,if you can't correct me,don't condemn me.
those who condemn you only add to your woes and ignorance...
Oh... So u know ds?... Nd u were busy making a failed attempt at correcting anoda person. Ur name na Lukaku Odenson.
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by EmmyDe25(m): 5:52am On Dec 28, 2012
omo_to_dun: Ayam surprsied at the OP. How can you called yourself an graduate when your posts is fulled with multiples gramatikal errors.

Are this the type of graduate that Nigeria are producing?
U'v said it all wit ur cambridge English.
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by EmmyDe25(m): 6:04am On Dec 28, 2012
razznaija: There is nothing special about being a graduate after all, there are thousands if not millions of graduates roaming around every street in Nigeria. Anyone can be a graduate, but its all about the knowledge that they acquired while they were in the University.
All these graduates that you see these days, some of them cannot even turn on a computer, or construct a sentence without making any grammatical errors, but yet they are still called graduates.

I had a cousin who came back to Nigeria after getting his masters abroad, for NYSC. When he returned home from the training camp or whatever you guys call it, he complained to me about how bad the diction of the so called graduates were.

Or this other instance where i had to delete this particular guy that was one of my contacts on BBM because I realized that i was losing IQ points every time i read his chat messages, and this guy is supposed to be a mechanical engineer that graduated with a first class degree, can you imagine?

I'm even surprised that the people around you are making a big fuss about your graduation and you're supposed to be in Nigeria. Or are you living in Benue, Zamfara, Sokoto OR Nasarawa state? Anyways with the way that Nigerian universities go on strike (thereby causing people to stay in Universities longer than they are supposed to), i won't blame anyone for making you feel special because you just graduated.

Among d few wit sumtin worthwhile.
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by k2039: 7:06am On Dec 28, 2012
Sweetlemon:
My dear!
The tin don tire me! And to think that so many so-called graduates make this mistake!
They mistake there for their,
Here for hear,
Where for were
These for this
Waist for waste
Write for right
Proof for prove. Etc. Reading and comprehending simple essays has become a big problem now.
The level of education just keeps diminishing everyday. I wonder if there's still hope for our future generation. So pathetic!

I hope you know your sweet k2039 is also guilty.
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by k2039: 7:09am On Dec 28, 2012
Sky2012:

i taya for our people sef, even d op wey be uni graduate no fit differentiate there and their, yet me wey graduate from Alaba international come become my own oga, dem go dey say i no be graduate. nonsense.

[color=soyouquotedme]Hiding under the guise of pidgin english just to hide your fallibility in english, smart move [/color]
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by Idacrux: 7:39am On Dec 28, 2012
ekiyor3: guy, why did u have to cum to dis forum to fall ur hands and legs? U just succeedd in telling us how local ur familly and ur area is. Nt even a masters or phd, common bsc.
u must be joking 4 saying a common BSc because BSc is aint a beans,unless u went to glorified secondary uni.
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by stantob(m): 8:20am On Dec 28, 2012
Did u graduate from Cambridge or
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 28, 2012
I can only, respect med&sur graduate.
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by Iaz93: 8:35am On Dec 28, 2012
EmmyDe25:
'Do u graduated from'?
Dont u guys eva learn? Why dnt u remove d log of woods in ur own eye b4 u try to remove d speck of dust on sum1 else's eye.
Just to construct a simple line in an attempt to blackballed sum1 u failed woefully... Its a pity.
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by Iaz93: 8:36am On Dec 28, 2012
k2039:

[color=soyouquotedme]Hiding under the guise of pidgin english just to hide your fallibility in english, smart move [/color]
LOL!
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by cigie(m): 9:57am On Dec 28, 2012
Serendipity:
Nairalanders with their superciliousness and megalomania. Didn't you catch the guy's drift.
It's indubitable that the word graduate is used in the popular sense to mean 'one who has a varsity degree'
So why being pernickety overmuch.
you should stop trying to be grandiloquent. thanks.
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by Chiscomax(m): 10:26am On Dec 28, 2012
just the name, it wont make you rich.
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by samwash(m): 10:30am On Dec 28, 2012
SamConquer: I am as bewilder as u are.i cant beleive is a graduate that wrote this giberish
HABA!!! Na you come worst pass the poster.
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by Serendipity: 11:36am On Dec 28, 2012
razznaija: There is nothing special about being a graduate after all, there are thousands if not millions of graduates roaming around every street in Nigeria. Anyone can be a graduate, but its all about the knowledge that they acquired while they were in the University.

Is your cousin late?

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by Serendipity: 11:36am On Dec 28, 2012

Is your cousin late?
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by Serendipity: 11:40am On Dec 28, 2012
Messilo: I can only, respect med&sur graduate.
How about Law graduates?
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by nnachichi(f): 11:44am On Dec 28, 2012
ekiyor3: guy, why did u have to cum to dis forum to fall ur hands and legs? U just succeedd in telling us how local ur familly and ur area is. Nt even a masters or phd, common bsc.
Haba!cut d guy some slack na..
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by dam007(m): 12:20pm On Dec 28, 2012
gbagaun!!! You sef bang anoda 1... Na wa unto these nairalanders o
galaxi:
keep quite fo..ol!!! U do not expect him 2b accurate because he is not writing an english examination,even the oyibo we imitating do not write correct spellings in dis kind of forums....4those english profs. that would want 2score my use of english,u can go n hug transformer down ur street cos i don't mind.
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by plendil: 1:02pm On Dec 28, 2012
Serendipity:
How about Law graduates?

Law graduates wey no sabi speak english
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by homosapien(m): 1:36pm On Dec 28, 2012
Am flabbergasted by the hypocrisy of our breed. We live our lives like speck of dust, glavanized by libidinous impusles yet we all feel to holy, all too ready we criticize other without having a cursory look at ourselves. Wasnt it written in the bible that let him who have no sin cast the first stone. It is well
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by gidson02(m): 3:05pm On Dec 28, 2012
l tire o
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by muredo(m): 3:33pm On Dec 28, 2012
It depends on family,in my own case,no one did it before,God help me to achieve it,and during my convocation,i celebrated it like anything,bcs i broke the jinx and hexes of No formal education,ND,BSC,I appreciate God because He counted me to be among the 1st class graduating that year,Best in Department,such never happened to my family.I THANK GOD

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel Razed Down By Fire (Photos, Video) / PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU / FUTMINNA Expels 13, Dismisses Lecturer Over Charges Of Sexual Harassment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.