Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,075 members, 7,970,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 06:12 AM

D'banj- From Mo'hits To No Hits - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D'banj- From Mo'hits To No Hits (1015 Views)

Kanye West Sets To Drop D'banj From G.o.o.d music label / D'banj And Mo'hits Records Crew In Illuminati Plot To Turn Nigeria GA.Y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

D'banj- From Mo'hits To No Hits by daryoor(m): 4:21am On Dec 28, 2012
d'banj is really in crisis, with every single he releases its becoming more obvious he has lost it, take a look at singles like go down, bachelor, top of the world. It seems thats the new d'banj and we should forget about the monster hit maker that gave us outstanding hits from tongolo to oliver twist. Talkin about oliver twist, we've been holdin on to this song all year cause dapo has not been able to produce somethin new, that single will eventually fade away with 2012. As much as we love to see d'banj break into america's entertainment industry with billboard thrivein singles, i dont see that happening. I know im sounding pessimistic but from the looks of thing dbanj will be shelved in good music. and he'll come back to realize we've moved on, we cant miss him forever.

Iv tried as much as possible not to mention don jazzy. Does don jazzy need d'banj? Hell no! Don jazzy has produced wande's album and has hits with artist outside his label, i also dont want to believe d'banj's ''xavi and iniesta'' is don jazzy. Although d'banj has never left his comfort zone (don jazzy), i dont see that as the sole reason for his challenges,although im not totally excluding that factor. It might just mean he has gotten to the peak of his stardom and is about to decline to mediocrity.
Re: D'banj- From Mo'hits To No Hits by Hardfact: 6:19am On Dec 28, 2012
Hey, be careful how you ask these questions, your Dbanj peeps might be lurking around.
To me, it remains a mindboggling issue the real reason why those 2 decided to part ways so unamicably almost destroying the brand and public image they worked so hard in years to build and earn.
Some have argued Dbanj took a strategic career/business decision to widen his tentacles and the split means nothing. Again I wonder why they would change a winning formula just like that and still be expecting just same result. It's easy to forget that stars rise and fall. They do this forgetting that in true sense no one permanently owns stage. They better be careful many have come and gone. By the way these 'hits' are sometimes a function of luck.
While we keep our pessimissm, we wait for any surprises to prove us wrong.

1 Like

Re: D'banj- From Mo'hits To No Hits by mikuz(m): 6:46am On Dec 28, 2012
Keeping my fingers crossed.
Re: D'banj- From Mo'hits To No Hits by dinachi(m): 7:20am On Dec 28, 2012
daryoor: d'banj is really in crisis, with every single he releases its becoming more obvious he has lost it, take a look at singles like go down, bachelor, top of the world. It seems thats the new d'banj and we should forget about the monster hit maker that gave us outstanding hits from tongolo to oliver twist. Talkin about oliver twist, we've been holdin on to this song all year cause dapo has not been able to produce somethin new, that single will eventually fade away with 2012. As much as we love to see d'banj break into america's entertainment industry with billboard thrivein singles, i dont see that happening. I know im sounding pessimistic but from the looks of thing dbanj will be shelved in good music. and he'll come back to realize we've moved on, we cant miss him forever.

Iv tried as much as possible not to mention don jazzy. Does don jazzy need d'banj? Hell no! Don jazzy has produced wande's album and has hits with artist outside his label, i also dont want to believe d'banj's ''xavi and iniesta'' is don jazzy. Although d'banj has never left his comfort zone (don jazzy), i dont see that as the sole reason for his challenges,although im not totally excluding that factor. It might just mean he has gotten to the peak of his stardom and is about to decline to mediocrity.
DON JAZZY FROM MO HITS TO MILK HITS. Don Jazzys carrier as a music producer is over.All he does now is looking 4 endorsement deals. Very soon that will fizzle out too. Some of you have failed to understand the dynamics of the situation. Dbanjs winning charisma and go getter attitude took Mo hits to enviable heights. That is why team Marvin is nowhere today. Meanwhile Dbanjs popularity keeps going higher and higher with countless perfomances globally. His koko concert capped it up. Meanwhile Don Loya had nothing to offer his fans. His Solar Plexus Album was the greatest flop of the century. The right question is : Has Don Loya lost his magic since Dbanj left him?
Meanwhile Top of the World is a certified Hit already! Other hits will be in his new album coming early this year.
Re: D'banj- From Mo'hits To No Hits by DjYear: 7:32am On Dec 28, 2012
Everytin una don yan na all true true. But who knws may is tring 2 bring new style.
Re: D'banj- From Mo'hits To No Hits by Caseless: 7:33am On Dec 28, 2012
To consent new land, they say u must lose sight of the shore. Dbanj in this case lost sight of the shore and at thesame time couldn't sight any new land.

What i'm trying to say is, u can come to america and think u can be completely americanised overnight.

He(d'banj) got it all wrong the moment he thought 'gold is found in golden environment'.

D'banj is an artist who has cratonised here in nigeria/africa, so, going to new industry or thinking u can navigate between the two can be misleading or deceptive.

For his cratonisation to come, it will take time cos he stil needs time to push his music to acceptability in an unfarmiliar environment to his music.

As far as i can see, d'banj na boi-boi him de do for there because it is like ballack leaving leverkusen as a captain to chelsea to become a team member without title(he left chelsea with no such achievement).

they shldn't have destroyed what was working....cos it is not everytime u part ways and get it right. D'banj as a brand is more affected here cos don-jazzy as a producer can maintain his 'behind the beat name' , unlike d'banj who needs to get his fans to see him, give them something etc.....

I wish am luck sha....
Re: D'banj- From Mo'hits To No Hits by Caseless: 7:41am On Dec 28, 2012
dinachi: DON JAZZY FROM MO HITS TO MILK HITS. Don Jazzys carrier as a music producer is over.All he does now is looking 4 endorsement deals. Very soon that will fizzle out too. Some of you have failed to understand the dynamics of the situation. Dbanjs winning charisma and go getter attitude took Mo hits to enviable heights. That is why team Marvin is nowhere today. Meanwhile Dbanjs popularity keeps going higher and higher with countless perfomances globally. His koko concert capped it up. Meanwhile Don Loya had nothing to offer his fans. His Solar Plexus Album was the greatest flop of the century. The right question is : Has Don Loya lost his magic since Dbanj left him?
Meanwhile Top of the World is a certified Hit already! Other hits will be in his new album coming early this year.
the op gave list of single he released and could not hit the billboard as expected. That should be where we are looking at. They're both failing....

Solar plexus flop, d'banj's 3 singles flop......wetin u wan talk now?

Even while they were together, they look for endorsement...so what is wrong in don-j having one now. If this endorsement had come when they were together, i'm sure u wouldn't have criticised it.

If u wan condemn loya deal, what are u saying about power-fist endorsement dbanj once capped?
Re: D'banj- From Mo'hits To No Hits by RickyRoss1(m): 8:05am On Dec 28, 2012
Be careful how you talk about Dbanj here coz ignorant peeps will call you names and even insult you.
But the truth is, Dbanj is fading away rather too quickly. I am aware Dbanj and Jazzy are better working together than divided. Every Dbanj hit is made by Jazzy including oliver twist. Since Banj said he can do better without Jazzy he has only ended up producing mediocre singles like Oyato etc.

I am a Nigerian and my wish for our musicians is for them to conquer not just Africa but the world. But we have to tell ourselves the truth. Banj should have waited for couple of more years before partying ways with Jazzy. I know nothing lasts forever, and I am aware Banj cannot be with Jazzy forever, but music wise it seems only Jazzy has that magic touch to bring the best out of Banj.

Among all the assembly of talents in Kenya Wests Good music label Dbanj is the LEAST TALENTED and this is a FACT. Banj didnt behave like a smart Nigerian. We know he is forcing himself on Kanye West. How can you leave 9ja where you are a king to go and wash pant for a man that caress less about you? WHAT HAS DBANJ GAINED SINCE HE WENT TO AMERICA? What about Psquare that is here with us? IS he not making money internationally? Did Dbanj make as much money as Psquare did in 2012? I am trying hard to find out why he left Jazzy for Kanye? IN ALL HONESTY, CAN DBANJ PRODUCE A TRACK THAT WILL BE APPEALING TO THE AMERICAN AUDIENCE?

Whatever the case maybe, the earlier they settle their scores the better for him. I wish them better luck in 2013
Re: D'banj- From Mo'hits To No Hits by daryoor(m): 8:29am On Dec 28, 2012
in tweleve calender months the only hit don jazzy gave us is oma ga, someone said top of the world is a hit -nooooo it aint. And my ulmighty d'banj is now akpan. Good music will rank big sean, pusha t and two chainz miles above the koko masters that lords over the whole of africa, Cest dommage .
Re: D'banj- From Mo'hits To No Hits by asala1: 7:14pm On Dec 28, 2012
One thing you need to understand is that, the fact that you are a headboy in your secondary schoool or you are the best student in your secondary school because you have excellent teachers that understand you should not stop you from going to the university.

(1) (Reply)

Did D'prince Make A Mistake Or Didn't Knw Wat To Say? / American Hiphop Rapper Wale Is In Nigeria (Photo). / Watch Jidenna-bambi (official Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.