Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,255 members, 7,970,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 05:29 PM

Public Power Supply Continues To Improve - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Public Power Supply Continues To Improve (9466 Views)

Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) / Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? / Jonathan Continues To Impress!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by kamez(m): 2:31pm On Dec 28, 2012
Wetin concern toothless granny wit biscuit bone? undecided for my area we no get transformer so I guess I shouldn't even be in dis forum in d first place.

Just passing bye... Whistling whistling.......
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by 3kay945(m): 2:37pm On Dec 28, 2012
ocelot2006: Over here in Jalingo, it's close to 24hrs a day. I say kudos to GEJ.

No wonder! undecided
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by killuminati(m): 2:45pm On Dec 28, 2012
Rueben abati and okupe, and who again? Beaf? Insincere nigerian? God punish una for all the liiiiieeeesssssundecided
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by tny60(f): 2:46pm On Dec 28, 2012
\
Emmyk: @OP well. I dunno. Light have always being constant here in Ajaokuta, Kogi State for many Decades. Anyways in 7days, we always have light-out for nothing more than 10minutes.. I was told reason been 4 the Ajaokuta Steel Company stuff. If the light is out for too long, Nigeria will be @a loss of Millions of naira...

hmmm...
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by yomilala(m): 2:55pm On Dec 28, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: Public power supply still on, no blink, for 50hrs now and still counting in my area
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by emiye(m): 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: Who says the propagandist are not earning their pay. These days, because of the fierce online attacks by propagandists, those who commend the govt for one thing or the other have to start from a DEFENSIVE point by stating "I'm not a fan of GEJ but" or "I dont believe in this govt but" or I hate GEJ but".
These DEFENSIVE opening phrases by those who set out to commend the govt in certain areas are just to starve off fierce attacks by online propagandists and BLACK MAILERS. Who says the online propagandists are not earning their pay and smiling to the bank?

You !, a big time Propagandist calling people who are saying things as they are, propagandists.

What is this world turning to ? Evidently the Abnormal is becoming normal. The normal becomes abnormal. Your head is screwed up.
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Donawoite(m): 3:28pm On Dec 28, 2012
jones-dollie@ho:
In my area, Ijesha Surulere (to be precise, NEPA only show us the colour of light for upto 3 -4 hrs in one/two weeks and each month our bills are not less than 10k.

we are living in agony. Semi-cold pure water now sells N10 for one. Pls can somebody intervene on our behalf.
just like my area, Kulende estate Sango Ilorin
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 28, 2012
killuminati: Rueben abati and okupe, and who again? Beaf? Insincere nigerian? God punish una for all the liiiiieeeesssssundecided
Why good news dey pepper you for body? Are you the DEVIL that was mentioned in the HOLY Bible?
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by LogoJ(m): 3:45pm On Dec 28, 2012
Nepa dey do us well here for ilorin o(sabo oke) after years of wrestling with them.GOD don vindicate us
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by mascot87(m): 3:45pm On Dec 28, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
This is part of the general problem in Nigeria. Even when those at the top are working hard to ensure that life is better for you and I, lower cadre people, some of who to NL to pontificate about how things are not being done right in Nig, will be frustrating everything.
This is the main reason the govt is privatising PHCN because no matter how much money and how much effort is put into PHCN as it is today, the attitude of some lower cadre staff, the type which you just complained about will continue to be OBSTACLES to progress.
I suggest, you people should come together as a community, write a petition to the nearest NERC office (search their website for addresses), detailing all the efforts you had made so far and the reluctance of the PHCN people to do their job. Alternatively or in the absence of NERC in your locality, you people can still write a petition and go in group to deliver it to any higher level PHCN official. Which ever step you people take, consistency and follow-up will yield quicker result. If they'r still reluctant to act, you people can organise and go and OCCUPY the nearest PHCN office. Yes, its possible for 10 persons or more to OCCUPY PHCN and not leave until a firm and positive response is gotten from PHCN. This is part of the problem with most Nigerians. We make GHOST !noise and exhibit phantom activism about things happening in Abuja but we cannot exhibit REAL activism and make REAL noise about wrong things happening in our LOCALITY.
Anyway, I wish you luck
Thank you very much for your sincerity and advice. Can we also get a lawyer and sue them to court?
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by LogoJ(m): 3:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
Things are getting better (singing)
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by baaleojo: 3:51pm On Dec 28, 2012
Electricity!We run shift in my area, 2days on 1 day off. We have less than 8 hours on the on days.
In fact, I am always unhappy to pay the bills. My generator packed on the eve of Christmas I have to buy another one so that we will not sleep in darkness.
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by onoerime: 3:57pm On Dec 28, 2012
satallite town, ijegun egba and environ is still in d dark o. If power is being enjoyed in some areas while some are still in the dark, then there is poor distribution. Government should employ graduates and forget about all these quaks technicians
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 28, 2012
mascot87:
Thank you very much for your sincerity and advice. Can we also get a lawyer and sue them to court?
Are you joking about suing them to court? Well, if you'r not, I dont think that will be necessary. Moreover, that will be a VERY LONG process. Believe me, if you people try again and they dont respond in the next 1 or 2weeks, get 5 or 10 persons or more, carry placards, and go and OCCUPY the nearest PHCN office.
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Reptyle(m): 4:06pm On Dec 28, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: Where I reside, as I write this text, we've had 48hrs constant public power supply, no blink. Before this time we been having 18 to 20hrs daily average power supply.
Only recently, the power ministry officials and the transmission company of Nig confirmed the country attained a new power generation peak of about 4,500MW.
This is not eldorado but are definitely positive signs that the reforms in the power sector are yielding fruit.
We expect that 2013 will definitely be better as the new private owners of the PHCN successor companies take over.

Pls can we first state where we live before stating nebulous stats about power availability? We are not asking for your address or anything close, just a general description of the area so that we can all know whether this internationally celebrated "4500mw" is been supplied to a specific segment of society. Perhaps you need to be a rabid supporter of the government of the day to get a share of the megawatts. I will start:

Satellite Town, Oriade LCDA, Lagos: We last spotted electric power in the satellite town area when we got about an hour of uninterrupted supply on the 24th of December. Since then, not even a blink. cry
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Demdem(m): 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2012
Ever since barth left, progress seize here in my area in PH. Infact it has gone worse.
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 28, 2012
HATERS, propagandist, mischief makers, SEE-NO-GOOD and HEAR-NO-GOOD apostles of evil have all disappeared. The good works of the incumbent will continue to chase them until they'r all ERADICATED.
It is very easy to write comments in support of this govt. The good works of the govt are everywhere. In fact the good works of the govt have made the job of the spokespersons of the govt VERY EASY. Doyin Okupe appeared on Channelstv yesterday or so and was beaten his chest about the achievements of the govt(in less than 2yrs). At a stage, I got envious of the job of Okupe and other spokespersons of the govt. This is very unlike Dora Akunyili who had a HELL OF TIME as minister of information under Yar Adua because there was NOTHING to talk about. At every fora, I always wish I could speak for the govt of GEJ. There is SO MUCH good works to talk about. The EASIEST job in Nigeria today is to speak in support of the govt of GEJ.
Dis Na Sincere 9gerian!
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by anonimi: 5:17pm On Dec 28, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
This is part of the general problem in Nigeria. Even when those at the top are working hard to ensure that life is better for you and I, lower cadre people, some of who to NL to pontificate about how things are not being done right in Nig, will be frustrating everything.
This is the main reason the govt is privatising PHCN because no matter how much money and how much effort is put into PHCN as it is today, the attitude of some lower cadre staff, the type which you just complained about will continue to be OBSTACLES to progress.
I suggest, you people should come together as a community, write a petition to the nearest NERC office (search their website for addresses), detailing all the efforts you had made so far and the reluctance of the PHCN people to do their job. Alternatively or in the absence of NERC in your locality, you people can still write a petition and go in group to deliver it to any higher level PHCN official. Which ever step you people take, consistency and follow-up will yield quicker result. If they'r still reluctant to act, you people can organise and go and OCCUPY the nearest PHCN office. Yes, its possible for 10 persons or more to OCCUPY PHCN and not leave until a firm and positive response is gotten from PHCN. This is part of the problem with most Nigerians. We make GHOST noise and exhibit phantom activism about things happening in Abuja but we cannot exhibit REAL activism and make REAL noise about wrong things happening in our LOCALITY.
Anyway, I wish you luck

Very good BUT they should also petition their [size=13pt]LG councillor and chairman as well as the state legislator and federal NASS Representative and Senator.[/size]
Let's make these people EARN the mega millions they cart away from our tax money every month.
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by aAK1(m): 5:21pm On Dec 28, 2012
24 house of power in minna niger state.here don't even know what to do wit the power.

1 Like

Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by joseph1832(m): 5:25pm On Dec 28, 2012
In my area we've not had light for close to 48 hours now, nobody knows what's happening, all the NEPA abi na PHCN or TCN official refuse to say anything about it.
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by honeric01(m): 5:31pm On Dec 28, 2012
Power was seized around 11 am today, yet to see it blink, hopefully they'll restore it by 11am tomorrow and then take it again 11pm at night as usual.
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2012
anonimi:

Very good BUT they should also petition their [size=13pt]LG councillor and chairman as well as the state legislator and federal NASS Representative and Senator.[/size]
Let's make these people EARN the mega millions they cart away from our tax money every month.
Correct! I didn't even think about that.

1 Like

Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by omanzo02: 5:42pm On Dec 28, 2012
In my area I have been enjoying 24/7 constant power supply for years .grin >
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by SisiKill1: 5:58pm On Dec 28, 2012
It's so sad that in this day and age. ...just a few more days to 2013 not 1013 oh.....this type of question is still being asked.

Other countries and trying to come up with new innovative ways to make life easier (Just read an article on smart homes)....Nigerians are asking how power supply is in their area with those who get more than 3hrs thinking they have arrived.

God help us. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by sundaybam(m): 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2012
The light in my area is the same no change. My flat is running on generator now.
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by AceVentura: 6:11pm On Dec 28, 2012
In my area in Lekki, we get btw 2-3hrs supply of light daily. It's so bad that it isn't enuf to charge my inverter. We've had light for less than an hour since 22/12/12. I had to go to their regional office to find out what the problem was only for them to switch it on an hour later for like 2hrs. I believe they're cutting off our light on purpose. embarassed cry

2 Likes

Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by searay(m): 7:05pm On Dec 28, 2012
Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!
I've just adjusted my generator from 180V-220V.
Hurray!!!
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by oyeleyemaureen(m): 7:14pm On Dec 28, 2012
partially, but we need 24hr power supply

1 Like

Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by mascot87(m): 7:18pm On Dec 28, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
Correct! I didn't even think about that.
Thank you all for your advice, I will mobilize people immediately for the next line of action. This shit must stop!!!

1 Like

Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 28, 2012
Sincere_9gerian, tell people where your area is!! Stop lying!!

You can't name your area yet you are here spreading lies and more lies!!

See your grave below bro!! It's silently waiting on you!! Say your area!!
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by ocelot2006(m): 8:04pm On Dec 28, 2012
3kay945:

No wonder! undecided

No wonder what?
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by nanalady(f): 8:12pm On Dec 28, 2012
cry cry cry Only 3 hrs light everyday...we're virtually generating power for ourselves.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. / IBB Returns After Two Months Medical Trip Abroad / Alfa Belgore’s Committee Wants Patience Jonathan's Office Scrapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.