Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,156 members, 7,884,015 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 09:28 PM

Marriages - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriages (968 Views)

Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years / Reasons Why Most Marriages Fail In Nigeria / Arranged Marriages Were Better Than Modern Marriages. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriages by olili: 10:56am On Feb 21, 2008
Why are ladies and guys walking out of there marriages?
Does It mean divorce has come to stay in nigeria or what?
Please i needs ur answers to these questions
Re: Marriages by almondjoy(f): 3:52pm On Feb 21, 2008
Marriage is not a bed of roses, neither is it full of thorns. You do your best and leave the rest. Yes, divorce is here to stay everywhere in the world, including Nigeria. It is a reality for the many reasons we all know about.

The most important reason being that people get married for the very wrongest reasons. kiss

Women-desperation
Men---ignorance
Re: Marriages by emelumgini(f): 3:57pm On Feb 21, 2008
It's not what u think, most people wants to get married but the problem is that when they get married and at the end of the day what they see is not what they expect, that's why u need to put so many things into consideration b4 getting married.

Here are some lessons to be learnt b4 getting married to avoid unecessary mistake.

1. Never enter into marriage without proper information.
2. Investigate the background of your intended spouse, his family, their tradition and       believe.
3. In courtship, try to identify the flaws of your intended spouse that you can cope with and those you cannot tolerate.
4. The person u marry is going to affect the way the rest of your life turns out.
5. Dont even consider marrying a drunkard.
Re: Marriages by almondjoy(f): 4:00pm On Feb 21, 2008
emelumgini:

It's not what u think, most people wants to get married but the problem is that when they get married and at the end of the day what they see is not what they expect, that's why u need to put so many things into consideration before getting married.

Here are some lessons to be learnt before getting married to avoid unecessary mistake.

1. Never enter into marriage without proper information.
2. Investigate the background of your intended spouse, his family, their tradition and believe.
3. In courtship, try to identify the flaws of your intended spouse that you can cope with and those you cannot tolerate.
4. The person u marry is going to affect the way the rest of your life turns out.
5. Dont even consider marrying a drunkard.

Very funny cheesy

@suggestion#5
Re: Marriages by emelumgini(f): 4:07pm On Feb 21, 2008
Almondyjoy, but that's just the truth.
Re: Marriages by almondjoy(f): 4:18pm On Feb 21, 2008
emelumgini:

Almondyjoy, but that's just the truth.

I agree! cheesy That just opens up a lot of doors and windows to domestic violence and poor judgements. Only God can save such marriages from divorce if one person does not end up dead!

The reason I suggested that the main reasons for divorce in my first post.

Only an ignorant man will get married when he is a drunkard
Only a desperate woman will get married to a drunkard with clear eyes.

Goodluck to them! kiss
Re: Marriages by emelumgini(f): 4:23pm On Feb 21, 2008
abii ooh.

(1) (Reply)

The Wedding Test / I Need Help Fast / Looking For Tosin Omosebi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.