Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,191 members, 7,932,045 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 04:59 PM

Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) (46848 Views)

Photo Of President Buhari’s Seat Of Power / Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos / Photo of GEJ sitted on the seat at UN Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 03, 2013
OP..

In most of the pix...it like you were behind the steering wheel while taking the pix.? If that is the case, that is dangerous but you are lucky the roads are not looking a bit busy.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Cunninlingus: 8:02am On Jan 03, 2013
shymexx:

Claim wherever you want to claim - I don't give two fvcks about that especially when it's a project ridden slum like Brooklyn!! How many cops got shot dead tonight?? grin

Why do you care about who I speak to and who I don't speak to?? I hardly ring some of my cousins out here in the UK, what makes you think I call cousins I've never seen in Nigeria especially folks who can't really understand my accent?? What's there to talk about, anyway?? If my parents need something for their people, I help them with things I can for those who are my age mates, or use things that're the same size as mine - that's where it ends!!

I thought you were Nigerian American, now the story has changed to AA... Yet, you know you're from Anambra and you're fixated on the state, no?? Only on nl!!! You, Mrs. Chima, FlowerPower and Blyss are the biggest frauds on this forum - non of you is AA!! Even Royal don't claim AA like you lot do!! grin

Not being familiar with FT is like saying you're not familiar with BBC!! It shows your knowledge is limited - please, stick to creating threads about Nsigidi writing and Igbo culture!! grin

I said: "AT THE PEAK OF WINTER!" What's the peak of winter without snowfalls?? You're not a fast learner!!! The OP probably took the pictures during the hottest period of the year - so what do you expect?? undecided

Still not giving props, no?? SMFDH! undecided

Atlanta isn't Sokoto - there are cities in the UK where people hardly come out of their houses... Every time I go to places like Kent and Essex, I hardly see anyone on the streets!! You need to stop comparing apples to oranges!

Well, in case you don't know - United Kingdom isn't just England - it's 4 countries in one, and London is just a place in England... The other countries have their own major cities as well... Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Nottingham, Newcastle etc. are also big cities in England - and they're far better than Manhattan-less New York!!

As for New York, Brooklyn is a shytehole, Bronx is the forgotten city(the yankees are the only thing keeping it alive), Queens is ridden with massive project houses and thugs, and Staten Island is a 3rd world country!! grin Without Manhattan - New York is definitely another Detroit!!

Nah, the real SOHO in London is where people care about not the bootleg one in NYC!!

Stay paying your taxes - the Queen runs the District of Columbia!!

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 03, 2013
ilugunboy: OP..

In most of the pix...it like you were behind the steering wheel while taking the pix.? If that is the case, that is dangerous but you are lucky the roads are not looking a bit busy.
I paid an Okada guy #2000 to take me round the entire town. It was a seven hour adventure. Even the dude said he enjoyed it as he had the opportunity to visit places he hadnt visited in a long time like the Airport.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Cunninlingus: 8:37am On Jan 03, 2013
INNO18: I paid an Okada guy #2000 to take me round the entire town.

you been dey find ashie joint for bokoville?
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 03, 2013
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Cunninlingus: 8:51am On Jan 03, 2013
INNO18: which reminds me. I'm just a teenager(18). The money i spent on this expedition was enormous. First i had to withdraw all my savings to buy an E6. Which cost 45k. In total i spent 47k. If anybody there wishes to donatewink it's easy, this is my bank details. Innocent peter O. 0026212947 DIAMOND BANK. Tnx. All you can just say 'nice work' it will be appreciated

reach for my card OP

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Cunninlingus: 8:52am On Jan 03, 2013
Why you sound so familiar

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by COOLDUN: 8:57am On Jan 03, 2013
chingyjant:
My friend quiet Ibo land nor be wasteland too?If better dey their land why dem go travel over 20 hours dey fine places like Maidugiri and the sokoto itself?I stayed in the East for one year and i traversed many villages apart from few capital cities the Eastern states are nothing to write home about especially the rural areas which are mostly Hamlets locked inbetween bushes.Mind you am also an Ibo man so no tribal sentiment here cos Oluwa is involved

You are not an Igbo man, from your spelling of Igbo shows that you are not an original Igbo, i am not doubting your comment on development of Igbo land, but i am doubting your Igbo citizenship and intelligence, so a person from a developed land is not supposed to travel out of his/her developed town? You are the new year ZOMBIE by your statement. Your new title of the year ZOMBIE 2013. Claim it.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by fabj1(m): 9:02am On Jan 03, 2013
my God has neva created a poor conditnd place. Born n brot up in kaduna,skul in bauchi,an indigene of imo state. So, i've had a gr8 taste of d north, it is a 9ice 2 b o (shei na visit or govt app) bt mehn wnt lie 2 u abt investments - sharia, boko haram, zango-kataf,missworld n etc. I luv d north n wuld luv 2 marry a fulani bt d destructn rate is too much. Cnt drim 2 settle here unles God intervenes.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 03, 2013
Cunninlingus: Why you sound so familiar
lol, not begging just asking for support. I spent nearly 50k. You know
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by ogokam: 9:41am On Jan 03, 2013
INNO18: gusau road

My secondary school was/is on this road; FGCS. SOKOTO State is really a beautiful place. My last visit was in 1999 though.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by mrlizo: 9:41am On Jan 03, 2013
I GUESS THE NORTH IS NOT THAT BAD AFTER ALL
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Okijajuju1(m): 11:19am On Jan 03, 2013
INNO 18

I have been following your thread o!!

Been patiently watching the pictures.. I like the fact that you even entered the university..

I am guessing you took these pictures over Christmas so I am wondering why the town is so empty. Or is it that Muslims dont travel home during christmas?!

Anyways, all in all, VERY VERY GOOD WORK.. I am loving it.. Please give us some more?@
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 03, 2013
Okija_juju: INNO 18

Been patiently watching the pictures.. I like the fact that you even entered the university..

I am guessing you took these pictures over Christmas so I am wondering why the town is so empty. Or is it that Muslims dont travel home during christmas?!

Anyways, all in all, VERY VERY GOOD WORK.. I am loving it.. Please give us some more?@
Travel home from where?
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Akanbiedu(m): 11:34am On Jan 03, 2013
Been in this city three times, twice on work and once for a nikkah ceremony. I must say I enjoyed my stay. The city is very calm and peaceful.

Some colleagues and I couldn't finish N1000 "suya" sometime around 2004. One thing that fascinates me is the roadside trees. A friend told me those were planted during colonial times.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 03, 2013
Okija_juju: INNO 18

tnx alot. I took the pics on xmass day. But that of the University and airport were on New year. I still have tonnes of pics. Expect them by midnight.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by spyder880(m): 1:31pm On Jan 03, 2013
INNO18: tnx alot. I took the pics on xmass day. But that of the University and airport were on New year. I still have tonnes of pics. Expect them by midnight.

I am loving this, maybe it will inspire me to take an adventurous holiday in the north instead of my normal Lagos this year. Keep em coming.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 03, 2013
spyder880:

I am loving this, maybe it will inspire me to take an adventurous holiday in the north instead of my normal Lagos this year. Keep em coming.
spyder if i pardon okija juju, i definitely wont pardon you. You mean you didnt see this thread(that was on the Front page, throughout yesterday, and is still on the Front page) untill it got to the 9th page? Munagi nwe Okwu
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by baslone: 1:51pm On Jan 03, 2013
INNO18: spyder if i pardon okija juju, i definitely wont pardon you. You mean you didnt see this thread(that was on the Front page, throughout yesterday, and is still on the Front page) untill it got to the 9th page? Munagi nwe Okwu

Please I need to see my alma mata on Gusau road- FGC!

Plus the ashewo joints for mammy market zone, old airport road.

I'll pay for your Achaba grin
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 03, 2013
baslone:

Please I need to see my alma mata on Gusau road- FGC!

Plus the ashewo joints for mammy market zone, old airport road.

I'll pay for your Achaba grin
I've got pics of FGC. But not of mammy market. I couldnt take pics of alcohol joint as i was afraid some one who know's me might see me and report to my Mum. That would automatically land me in Hot soup as my Mum doesnt tolerate alcoholism and besides i dont even like alcohol
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by spyder880(m): 2:25pm On Jan 03, 2013
INNO18: spyder if i pardon okija juju, i definitely wont pardon you. You mean you didnt see this thread(that was on the Front page, throughout yesterday, and is still on the Front page) untill it got to the 9th page? Munagi nwe Okwu

My brother, yesterday was a very busy day for me at Abakaliki and I didn't see the thread at night. We are here now, nwanne keep em coming, I am enjoying those pictures.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:46pm On Jan 03, 2013
INNO18: I paid an Okada guy #2000 to take me round the entire town. It was a seven hour adventure. Even the dude said he enjoyed it as he had the opportunity to visit places he hadnt visited in a long time like the Airport.

^^^So how can one send (donate) something from abroad?.....Moneygram?
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by xterra2(m): 2:46pm On Jan 03, 2013
INNO18 - is your family in sokoto? & do you intend to continue living there after growing up or you want to go back to the east?

spyder880:

If you are indeed going to the nort, you should definitely go to Bauchi and visit Yankari Games Reserve, you'll love that place
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 03, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^So how can one send (donate) something from abroad?.....Moneygram?
i dont know how that's done but i could inquire from my account officer if you mean it. anyway this is aliyu jodi. did anyone notice how empty and dry our gutters are?

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 03, 2013
@ baslone here's ur ex school. i never realy liked the school due to stiff rules and stringent punishment

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 03, 2013
fodio road close to Alu flyover

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Okijajuju1(m): 3:49pm On Jan 03, 2013
We need to kill most of the people incharge of Works and Sanitation in many states.. This pictures would have looked alot nicer if only they were swept clean.. Thats what makes Calabar different from other states, their roads are swept twice daily.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 03, 2013
INNO....these pix are getting too monotonous with images of roads..don't you have pics of real and other activities ?
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 03, 2013
ilugunboy: INNO....these pix are getting too monotonous with images of roads..don't you have pics of real and other activities ?
the last part of the thread will be pics of GRA. Hopefully i'll upload them tonite

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by eaglechild: 4:40pm On Jan 03, 2013
Okija_juju: We need to kill most of the people incharge of Works and Sanitation in many states.. This pictures would have looked alot nicer if only they were swept clean.. Thats what makes Calabar different from other states, their roads are swept twice daily.
I think they should be burnt along with the refuse if possible.
Wonder why people dont realise that sanitation is not child's play.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Roseart: 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2013
shymexx:

Claim wherever you want to claim - I don't give two fvcks about that especially when it's a project ridden slum like Brooklyn!! How many cops got shot dead tonight??
Not that many? Crime has gone down in NYC dramatically since the 90's, its one of the safest cities of its size to live in.

Why do you care about who I speak to and who I don't speak to?? I hardly ring some of my cousins out here in the UK, what makes you think I call cousins I've never seen in Nigeria especially folks who can't really understand my accent?? What's there to talk about, anyway?? If my parents need something for their people, I help them with things I can for those who are my age mates, or use things that're the same size as mine - that's where it ends!!
I didn't say I cared who you spoke to, but you said none of your immediate family is in Nigeria, which is highly unlikely.

I thought you were Nigerian American, now the story has changed to AA... Yet, you know you're from Anambra and you're fixated on the state, no?? Only on nl!!! You, Mrs. Chima, FlowerPower and Blyss are the biggest frauds on this forum - non of you is AA!! Even Royal don't claim AA like you lot do!!

Never for one day have I ever said I was Nigerian American. You can search through all my posts on this site and you will never see me ever say such a thing.

Blyss is AA, because I'm familiar with him from another site where he also had multiple ids grin

I also post in the Enugu thread, am I fixated on Enugu too and from Enugu?

Not being familiar with FT is like saying you're not familiar with BBC!! It shows your knowledge is limited - please, stick to creating threads about Nsigidi writing and Igbo culture!!

Not really, the BBC talks about a lot of different things besides business. FT primary focus is business. If I'm not big on business, FT is not on my list of magazines to read. I am familiar with Forbes and Economist because they often have topics on Africa, which interests me, it also helps that in my area at least for Forbes is definitely out on display in the stores. FT is not the most important magazine in the world and some of the same information they write about can be found everywhere on the internet. Not knowing the NYT is a different case altogether cool Even if you have never read it you must know it cheesy

How limited your thinking must be to think because I don't read one brand of financial magazine my knowledge is limited. You act as though Bloomberg, CNBC, and God knows whatelse is not available. Maybe I should call your blackness into question because you don't read the latest issues of Black Enterprise?

I said: "AT THE PEAK OF WINTER!" What's the peak of winter without snowfalls?? You're not a fast learner!!! The OP probably took the pictures during the hottest period of the year - so what do you expect??

Its the peak of winter here in my area and there is no snow. NYC is in the middle of winter and there is no snow on the ground yet. January is smack dab in the middle of "snow season" and its been snow-free. So what exactly is your point? Some of the pics look like they are in the late afternoon a time that people in warm to hot climates come out unless they live in Dubai. So what is the excuse now?

Still not giving props, no?? SMFDH!

Nope.

Atlanta isn't Sokoto - there are cities in the UK where people hardly come out of their houses... Every time I go to places like Kent and Essex, I hardly see anyone on the streets!! You need to stop comparing apples to oranges!

You mean everywhere that is not London cheesy Lord knows there is nothing to do outside of London, why bother to come out grin

Well, in case you don't know - United Kingdom isn't just England - it's 4 countries in one, and London is just a place in England... The other countries have their own major cities as well... Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Nottingham, Newcastle etc. are also big cities in England - and they're far better than Manhattan-less New York!!

Lol nobody is checking for those cities, London is the sole major city of the UK. Period. Everything in the UK is in London. Sure is that why no one ever really mentions them when we talk about the UK?

As for New York, Brooklyn is a shytehole, Bronx is the forgotten city(the yankees are the only thing keeping it alive), Queens is ridden with massive project houses and thugs, and Staten Island is a 3rd world country!! Without Manhattan - New York is definitely another Detroit!!

How is Brookly a shytehole some of the most historic events and people of NY are in Brooklyn. Brooklyn is the home to many of the Manhattan workers. Its also the home of a new Basketball team and stadium grin NYC is the city and Bronx is a borough, and no its not forgotten there are well to do areas in the Bronx. Without Manhattan, much of the same services would probably be in Brooklyn, I don't know why you think Manhattan is some special place. Before Manhattan, NYC was a major port hub (still is) and had many other industries (fishing, mills, manufacturing), Manhattan is icing on the cake. If Manhattan ceased to exist today Brooklyn would probably pick up the slack due to its proximity and life will go on.

Nah, the real SOHO in London is where people care about not the bootleg one in NYC!!

No one talks about the UK SOHO in America at least, if you mention SOHO here it means NYC, period. SoHo NYC is an Art district that used to be a manufacturing district,Soho London was known to be a intimacy shop and entertainment district and is now a shopping district. They have similar names because...I don't know..British people had colonies over here tongue Strange to think they wouldn't carry somethings across the Atlantic.

Stay paying your taxes - the Queen runs the District of Columbia!!
Sure she does, I'm sure the Queen wields a lot of power as a ceremonial monarch. Which is the reason why like Canada we have her picture on our money instead Of Washington, Lincoln, and Jefferson grin
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by murtalaa(m): 7:09pm On Jan 03, 2013
INNO YOU ARE THE TYPE FRIEND I WANT TO MAKE FROM THE SOUTH. PLEASE SEND ME YOUR CONTACT NUMBER THROUGH PM. WE GO JAM WHEN NEXT I AM IN TOWN

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Okonjo-Iweala's Letter To Jonathan Asking For Permission To Send $300m To Dasuki / Kaduna: Atiku Wins Kaura LG - Thisday / Posters Ordering Herdsmen To Vacate Surface In Eleme, Rivers And South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.