Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,991 members, 7,949,345 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 07:08 AM

Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN (17683 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Takes A Shot At Buhari / Ben Murray-Bruce Kissing Dianne Feinstein, A USA Senator / "President Jonathan Is Chairman Of Boko Haram" - Maiduguri Truck Drivers To BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 02, 2013
thrugemaster: This is just mere compensation for been disqualified out of the Bayelsa Governorship Race.

I will buy you lacasera. Remind me...
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 02, 2013
Cupidkc:
Right on point,have equally heard 4rm a reliable source abt the crude way of MBGN.(my sista was d 3rd runner sometime).

3rd runner up means 4th position. Congrats to your sister.

Btw, i ate white rice and white stew today. Yeah...
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by adook1: 9:44pm On Jan 02, 2013
Converted nta to 24hrs nationwide,before him it was 4pm to 12midnight

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by Lamasta(m): 9:46pm On Jan 02, 2013
Revolva: This is my only true mentor in nigeria...ben bruce...a well organised and intelligent entrepreneur.....

Revolva if that's your only true mentor then you still have a long way to go
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by naptu2: 10:04pm On Jan 02, 2013
Dem say, I hear. grin 1+1 = 11
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by naptu2: 10:05pm On Jan 02, 2013
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by Nosyke(m): 10:20pm On Jan 02, 2013
okpara ugo:

Oooops! He will move to FERMA... shocked
Then He will set up Silverbird Construction Company...truss me
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:34pm On Jan 02, 2013
REVOLUTNIS: Free thinkers has taken over
**have** is the appropriate verb to use.

Free thinker Has...= singular noun-singular verb
Free thinkers Have...= plural noun-plural verb
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by ifihearam: 10:42pm On Jan 02, 2013
ferhyntorlah:

Teacher
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by ifihearam: 10:43pm On Jan 02, 2013
ferhyntorlah:

That's all u came to do here,no opinion on the topic @hand just looking for mistakes. Idiota
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by omowolewa: 10:48pm On Jan 02, 2013
Conflict of interest.cheesy
If this man uses NTA insider information to better the position of Sliverbird TV, no one should blame him.
wink

Congrates to Bruce
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by geezyk(m): 10:57pm On Jan 02, 2013
ferhyntorlah:

Walahi I was just laughingwinkwinkwink over here,you just finished the guy and then you crucified himwink... Na wa for you oo wink cheesy
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:02pm On Jan 02, 2013
naptu2: My all-time favourite Miss Intercontinental contestant was Sandra Foster (Miss Jamaica). Boy I had a huge crush (right from the day I saw her during the parade down Awolowo Road). Not surprised she won.

Naptu, your memory is still intact. I want to believe you should be in your 30s/40s. I googled Sandra Foster and discovered she made Top 10 at Miss Universe 1989 and 4th at Miss World 1991.

[img]http://butterflyexpressions.files./2012/05/sandrafoster1991.jpg[/img]

She is married with five children.
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by ifihearam: 11:05pm On Jan 02, 2013
ferhyntorlah:

Naptu, your memory is still intact. I was to believe you should be in your 30s/40s. I googled Sandra Foster and discovered she made Top 10 at Miss Universe 1989 and 4th at Miss World 1991.

[img]http://butterflyexpressions.files./2012/05/sandrafoster1991.jpg[/img] http://starsbestpics.com/img/Sandra-Foster1.jpg

So??

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:07pm On Jan 02, 2013
geezyk: Walahi I was just laughingwinkwinkwink over here,you just finished the guy and then you crucified himwink... Na wa for you oo wink cheesy

Geezyk,

Seriously, that wasn't my intention when I typed that. I saw an obvious error and felt like helping in passing across the appropriate information, not just for him but everyone who might not know.

I didn't do that to ridicule him, NO! Far from it, I was only helping. I see this syntax error often on Nairaland. I'm not claiming ITK but there are some things one just can't ignore especially when it will benefit others and this is one.
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:08pm On Jan 02, 2013
ifihearam:
That's all u came to do here,no opinion on the topic @hand just looking for mistakes. Idiota

Ifihearam,

Wow! Thank you!
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by geezyk(m): 11:14pm On Jan 02, 2013
ferhyntorlah:

Geezyk,

Seriously, that wasn't my intention when I typed that. I saw an obvious error and felt like helping in passing across the appropriate information, not just for him but everyone who might not know.

I didn't do that to ridicule him, NO! Far from it, I was only helping. I see this syntax error often on Nairaland. I'm not claiming ITK but there are some things one just can't ignore especially when it will benefit others and this is one.
Ferhyntorlah,
I didn't even mean it in that context either.. It just sounds kinda funny to me,that's all
Atleast he'll know how to correct himself next time...

And BTW I just learnt from youwink thanks...
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:25pm On Jan 02, 2013
geezyk: Ferhyntorlah,
I didn't even mean it in that context either.. It just sounds kinda funny to me,that's all
Atleast he'll know how to correct himself next time...

And BTW I just learnt from youwink thanks...

Geezyk,

It's welcome; I didn't see my post as being funny when I typed it. Nice way to pass across your message unlike some people who seem unnecessarily angry as if they were duped of their hard earned money. Some Nigerians are just inherently angry.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by nex(m): 11:26pm On Jan 02, 2013
Is Ben bruce going to quit his job as the Chairman of the Silverbird Group? I don't see how you appoint a staff in your competition as your board member just because you're a government organization.

Would anyone congratulate Pepsi for appoint the chairman of Cocacola as one of their board members?

Ben Bruce is only looking to loot funds for starting up Silverbird South Africa.
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 02, 2013
ferhyntorlah:

Teacher I loves you.Can I being your mans friend?

Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by chucky234(m): 12:21am On Jan 03, 2013
Why Ben Bruce when there are many competent personalities out there,this country will never move forward with these rogues recycling appointments within themselves.
I have nothing but pity for Nigeria,a country where rogues steal money at will yet receives congratulatory messages from the masses.
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by TimePiece(f): 12:52am On Jan 03, 2013
At least, crowning thieves at the Silverbird Awards has finally paid off. undecided
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by otokx(m): 1:10am On Jan 03, 2013
2015 is around the corner
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by naptu2: 4:15am On Jan 03, 2013
ferhyntorlah:

Naptu, your memory is still intact. I want to believe you should be in your 30s/40s. I googled Sandra Foster and discovered she made Top 10 at Miss Universe 1989 and 4th at Miss World 1991.

[img]http://butterflyexpressions.files./2012/05/sandrafoster1991.jpg[/img]

Yeah! She won the Miss Intercontinental crown at the National Theatre in Lagos. I think Bianca Onoh came 2nd or 3rd. The beauty queens usually paraded down Awolowo Road (their heads popping out of the sunroof of Silverbird limousines) and were interviewed on Morning Ride (with Danladi Bako) before the pageant. That's where I first spotted her (Miss Jamaica). Very beautiful.

Silverbird ran the Miss Intercontinental competition for about 5 years (c1987-1991). Beauty queens from around the world came to Lagos to compete in the pageant.
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by Moses247(m): 6:05am On Jan 03, 2013
D man get LUCKY DIE grin
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by Nobody: 6:36am On Jan 03, 2013
Cunninlingus:
What business interest and assest did he have other than a limo?
in the 80's there was Kingsways, Leventis and UTC stores. These were the main shops in Lagos and Nigeria at large. There was also the Adeniran Shopping mall. Why did he not open a grand mall then?
I have his phone number i will give you to ask him?Is it by force to open shopping malls then?i never remember reading in Nigerian constitution that if you are rich you must have kinsway,leventis or Adeniran mall.Less i forget what was your father doing then?You are there asking why did he not open a grand mall
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by naptu2: 7:12am On Jan 03, 2013
Ben Murray-Bruce's rise is no surprise to me. He's from a privileged background and built up strong networks quite early.

His father was an executive at UAC (the largest non-oil company in Nigeria at the time. Being chairman of UAC or MD of Shell was like being president of Nigeria).

UAC owned companies like Kingsway Stores, UAC Motors, Kingsway Rendezvous (later called Mr Biggs), Spring Waters Nigeria (SWAN), AJ Seward (for skin, hair and body care) and many others.

When he was a kid, Admiral Wey, the Chief of Staff, Supreme Headquarters (basically the Vice President of Nigeria) was a regular visitor to his house (he said he probably spent more time, than his dad, with Admiral Wey).

He became close friends with the Abebes. Sir Christopher Abebe (Stella Obasanjo's father) was the first Nigerian chairman of UAC and former chairman of Nigerian Breweries. The Murray-Bruces also attended St Gregory's College with John and Henry Abebe.

He attended University of Southern California and became close to Joe Jackson (Michael Jackson's father), Don Cornelius (founder of Soul Train, one of the biggest entertainment shows on tv worldwide), the CEO of Motown Records, Stevie Wonder (with whom he wanted to stage a "We Are The World" concert in Lagos before the Babangida coup and Fela's imprisonment destroyed those plans, etc).

These connections helped him later in life, even though his father was firmly against his decision to go into entertainment, instead of working in the family Domino Store business (he had to get a loan from his elder brother Michael to start the Silverbird business when his father wouldn't give him a loan). His father once threatened to break his legs if he caught him dancing (lol).
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by Cunninlingus: 7:40am On Jan 03, 2013
naptu2: Ben Murray-Bruce's rise is no surprise to me. He's from a privileged background and built up strong networks quite early.

His father was an executive at UAC (the largest non-oil company in Nigeria at the time. Being chairman of UAC or MD of Shell was like being president of Nigeria).

UAC owned companies like Kingsway Stores, UAC Motors, Kingsway Rendezvous (later called Mr Biggs), Spring Waters Nigeria (SWAN), AJ Seward (for skin, hair and body care) and many others.

When he was a kid, Admiral Wey, the Chief of Staff, Supreme Headquarters (basically the Vice President of Nigeria) was a regular visitor to his house (he said he probably spent more, than his dad, with Admiral Wey).

He became close friends with the Abebes. Sir Christopher Abebe (Stella Obasanjo's father) was the first Nigerian chairman of UAC and former chairman of Nigerian Breweries. The Murray-Bruces also attended St Gregory's College with John and Henry Abebe.

He attended University of Southern California and became close to Joe Jackson (Michael Jackson's father), Don Cornelius (founder of Soul Train, one of the biggest entertainment shows on tv worldwide), the CEO of Motown Records, Stevie Wonder (with whom he wanted to stage a "We Are The World" concert in Lagos before the Babangida coup and Fela's imprisonment destroyed those plans, etc).

These connections helped him later in life, even though his father was firmly against his decision to go into entertainment, instead of working in the family Domino Store business (he had to get a loan from his elder brother Michael to start the Silverbird business when his father wouldn't give him a loan). His father once threatened to break his legs if he caught him dancing (lol).

and he stole billions from NTA to kick off his dream (PERIOD)!
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by naptu2: 7:43am On Jan 03, 2013
Cunninlingus:

and he stole billions from NTA to kick off his dream (PERIOD)!

Aha! Cool. I thought you sad you didn't have time to argue about Ben Murray-Buce? So, now that you have time, care to provide proof/evidence, rather than dem say/i hear?
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by naptu2: 7:47am On Jan 03, 2013
grin grin grin

Thought so.

Ah! The day begins. Had enough fun with the lynch mob. Time for more important things.

GOODBYE.
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by batstan(m): 7:50am On Jan 03, 2013
Naptu2 vs cunnin man
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by Cunninlingus: 7:56am On Jan 03, 2013
Most /POL/ posters are either 1diots or pure sycophants who believe in GEJ bashing alone. You want to pick your villans and heros based on how affiliated you are to them whether by tribe, religion or any other shiity class system that you have going on in your backward society.
Bruce got his big major break when he was appointed as NTA boss prior to that he was just some spoilt brat looking to score coke, fame and pu55ie.
Today, Bruce's empire is worth billions in less than 7yrs after leaving NTA.
He is no Steve Jobs and what he has to offer is limited to a very small niche of consumers in big cities like Abuja, Lagos and PortHarcourt. His empire is not like that of Dangote which supplies every household staple foods to cement.
Yes there is an aspect of suave and smartness to his success. He was able to con stella obasanjo (an old girlfriend) to get her very ugly husband OBJ to land him a much needed government appointment from where he stole billions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senators Level 14 Impeachable Offences Allegations Against Jonathan / Ogoni Hails Buhari On Implementation Of UNEP On Ogoniland / National Assembly Holds Breakfast In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.