Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,951 members, 7,969,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 04:32 PM

Nigeria Is Truly Useless - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Truly Useless (4271 Views)

Yoruba Man Apologizes To Nnamdi Kanu Confirms That Nigeria Is Truly A Zoo / Buhari Is Truly Brain Dead, Fani-kayode Insists / Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by MegaMan2020: 2:16am On Jan 04, 2013
re@lchange:

naija go get beta one day. don't ask me when though cheesy cheesy
i luv america too, but i miss naija once in a while
nigeria is a giant waiting to assert
no more no less

Don't miss Nigeria. Stay there in America. Nigeria will be okay with or with without you!
Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by Nobody: 2:21am On Jan 04, 2013
And what exactly do u aim to achieve with this thread?
Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by Nobody: 2:21am On Jan 04, 2013
zerocool:

Very few Nigerians want to live and die abroad. All these things that you mentioned above still brings us back to the OP's topic that - Nigeria is Truly Useless. So, what is the point here? If the country functions properly, why live like a dog in Europe and America, when you can live like a king or prince in Nigeria.

The grass always seems greener on the other side
Some come and find out its not easy but shame would not let them go back because they have quit their jobs, waved goodbye to go live the good life and they are stuck.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by MegaMan2020: 2:24am On Jan 04, 2013
Alxmyr: All these lazy dish-washing, taxi driving, nannies will not continue living in their cold huts they call home in wherever they are hiding and stop talking trash about Nigeria.

They aren't true Nigerians. They're are lazy black people that just don't want to be called African Americans. They flood nairaland talking rubbish whilst they live in the projects. Ask one of these diaspora idiots to speak in their native language..Bet the have nothing to say. I don't take them seriously! I lived in the diaspora. i came back to Nigeria because I love my country and I want to help. Most of these people are glorified African Americans that have a slavery complex! useless people!
Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by Nobody: 2:24am On Jan 04, 2013
oh please IM LIVING LIFE IM ENJOYING THESE WHITE PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO HAVE FUN STAY IN YOU PHUCKED UP WEST AFRICAN EXPRESSION AND ROT AWAY IM IN A COUNTRY WHERE THINGS WORK AND GET DONE AND IM ON HERE TO LAUGH AT YOU ALL
MegaMan2020:

Mama America? Where you people are second class citizens? Where Whie people can kill you and get away with it (Rodney King/Trayvon martin)? I actually feel sorry for peo[ple like you. Boasting about America. how do they treat you over there? Really? You can fool people on the Internet but lets be honest. Blacks are treated like scond citizens over there. You people smile and accept it like good slaves. Disgusting!

Furthermore..What are you doing on a Nigerian website? T
Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by Nobody: 2:28am On Jan 04, 2013
This is a story that is not uncommon
Long story but true and makes an interesting read
Enjoy.
http://www.nigeriafilms.com/content.asp?contentid=4199&ContentTypeID=14

This may sound like fairy tale, but it is real. A Nigerian couple that migrated to God’s own country in search of greener pastures resorted to pseudo marriage to secure the green card believed to be a ticket to heaven. First, the man introduces his betrothed wife to his American darling as his sister to pave way for his marriage to the American lady.

When the marriage crashed, his wife marries an American to secure the life ticket. So how did it fail? Attempt by a friend to sleep with his pseudo sister (Nigerian wife) foiled the deal. His ‘oyibo wife realized she was a guinea pig and quit the affair.

Nigerians at a recent function in the United States were informed about the travails of fellow countrymen in a bid to get the coveted green card. A was asked: “Can a man betroth his wife to another in exchange for U.S. green card or a woman disguise as sister to the hubby under the same roof with another woman to enable him get a green card?

“Oh yes!” KK, a Nigerian, responded at the event, adding: “We know some people here who have married and divorced up to 18 times,” he jocularly remarked at the end of year party in Silverspring, Maryland, last December.

“In fact, there are some people here that betrothed their wives to other men to get papers,” the man fondly called KK said.

According to him, the craze for green card defies the sanctity of the biblical injunction that “what God has joined together, let no man put asunder.”
To validate his point, he paints a gloomy picture. “One of our brothers who lived in the US for 28 years was deported last October after he handed his wife to another man to get papers.”

The man in his early 50’s identified as Johnson, from the South Eastern part of the country, may have to live with the psychological torture for the rest of his life. After 28 years of sojourn in the U.S., he was deported as an illegal alien.

How did it happen? He had gone to the Immigration office for green card interview after several failed marriages. After the interview, he was asked to go with his wife. As he stepped to the door, the immigration officer ordered him back and instructed him to look at the volume of file about him on the table. When he opened the file, he discovered that he had been advised to report for voluntary departure, which he failed and was placed on deportation status for violation of the order.

Johnson’s case is a bitter pill for the couple. He arrived the U.S. with his betrothed wife from Nigeria, but the couple cohabited as brother and sister under the same roof to accommodate the man’s American wife married to secure papers with the hope that once it was successful, Johnson would file a divorce and remarry his betrothed wife. The union lasted until the man’s friend attempted to date his real (Nigerian) wife. His resistance incurred his friend’s wrath and the latter spilled the beans by reporting him to the American wife. The wife lived with this emotional torture for years until the burble burst and they parted ways, yet the green card could not be secured.

Having exhausted the man’s option, the alternative was for the woman to move in with an American man as husband with the same intention. Since the woman and her hubby were at the mercy of the American, the woman appeased her new heartthrob with material and human needs in a bid to get papers. Interestingly, after several years of savouring the woman and milking her of hard-earned dollar as fees for the services, the Americana hubby declined on the interview date, leaving the woman in the cold at the Immigration and Citizenship Services that concluded that the marriage was contracted for immigration purposes.

But that would not deter the couple. With the couple’s fate hanging in the balance, the wife filed a divorce with her pseudo American husband and re-married another. This time, the process was thorough but short-lived. The snag was that having secured her green card, the attempt to file for her original husband landed them in trouble, resulting in the deportation of her husband by immigration officials. Efforts by his town union and lawyers to rescue the man were unsuccessful.

The joke that led to the revelation was initially intended to lighten the mood at the dinner party. However, it stirred various reactions from the audience and offered an insight into the trauma many Nigerians experience abroad. For many, it evoked feelings of anguish, nightmare, depression, and helplessness that characterize their daily life as they struggle to secure the ‘the green card’ perceived as ‘the life card’ in the United States of America. For some, the joke was reminiscent of the murky waters they swam to acquire the green card, widely believed to be ticket to heaven.

Shortly after the discussion that dominated a chunk of the discussion settled, further probing by Sunday Sun opened the floodgate of gory tales from the Nigerian comedian in his early 50’s, who is a chauffeur in a popular state in the US.

“My brother, I have lived in more than five states. I first lived in New York 23 years ago, when I arrived U.S. I married a lady but that didn’t work out, and because of the fear that she might report my illegal status to the immigration, I moved to Tennessee. Again in Tennessee, I remarried another lady. The marriage also crashed,” he told Sunday Sun.

According to him, the failure of the second marriage worsened his problem.
How? “After the necessary protocol by our attorney, we were invited for green card interview by the immigration. On the appointment day, I was full of joy, hoping for the ticket for a better opportunity to access educational grants that would transform my life.”

Unfortunately, KK’s dream never materialized. He was denied the green card. Worst still, he was requested to report for voluntarily deportation on a fixed date. The voluntary deportation warrant by the immigration sent jitters into his spine, having left Nigeria eight years then. He eloped. “I relocated to Missouri with cab driving as the only option of surviving, since I could not get work permit for employment” he further disclosed.

Twenty-five years down the line, KK was yet to visit home because that would amount to his voluntary departure. To persuade him to visit Nigeria, his brothers sent a mail purporting that his father had passed on, but that would not bring him home. Now in his early 50’s, KK still has no wife or child. But, he believes it shall get better someday.

By Agaptus Anaele, Maryland, USA (huhu)

Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by zerocool(m): 2:28am On Jan 04, 2013
babyosisi:

The grass always seems greener on the other side
Some come and find out its not easy but shame would not let them go back because they have quit their jobs, waved goodbye to go live the good life and they are stuck.

I see your location is the USA. What then are you doing in MAMA AMERICA? Stuck as well?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by Nobody: 2:30am On Jan 04, 2013
SECOND CLASS WHAT LMFAO NOT POSSIBLE ! I MAKE AROUND $150,000 PER YEAR WITH OVER TIME AS AN RN AT WCMC IM LIVING OO I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT YOU IDIOTS THAT ARE TRYIONG TO HELP A LOST CAUSE I PRAY FOR U ALL A COUNTRY WHERE A PASTTOR MUST HAVE PRIVATE JETS WHILE HIS CONGRAGATION DONT SEE FOOD TO EAT USELESSSSSSSSSS
MegaMan2020:

Mama America? Where you people are second class citizens? Where Whie people can kill you and get away with it (Rodney King/Trayvon martin)? I actually feel sorry for peo[ple like you. Boasting about America. how do they treat you over there? Really? You can fool people on the Internet but lets be honest. Blacks are treated like scond citizens over there. You people smile and accept it like good slaves. Disgusting!

Furthermore..What are you doing on a Nigerian website? T
Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by Nobody: 2:30am On Jan 04, 2013
zerocool:

I see your location is the USA. What then are you doing in MAMA AMERICA?

Managing life
Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by MegaMan2020: 2:31am On Jan 04, 2013
pDude:

Thats right bruv. Writing from my work at Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks California. grin

W[b]hen I still dey naija and I dey find work, I sent up to 500 applications in about 2 months but no single call. This afternoon, because I wanted a change in location, I started applying for new jobs. I had sent only 3 applications when not up to 10 minutes later, I got 2 phone calls from 2 companies wantimg to interview me.

Yet some people will say that Nigeria is better than US. Thunder fire anybody who makes that useless comment on nairaland again[/b].

You're here boasting but what are you doing on NAIRALAND? This is a NIGERIAN not an American website! What are you doing here? You people in the diaspora disgust me. I will never assosciate with you. You aren't Africans. We share the same skin but our mindsets are completely different. you have that boastful European superiority mentality. the sad thing is..You aren't even European and you get treated like dirt in the Western countries you so admire.

I wish this site could be for real Nigerians that actually live here day in and day day out. I hate that paupers that live thousands of miles away can get on here and ruin the experience!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by zerocool(m): 2:33am On Jan 04, 2013
babyosisi:

Managing life

Ah! I see.. You can as well come back to Nigeria and manage life na?!
Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by MegaMan2020: 2:35am On Jan 04, 2013
Ofonagoro :
[b]SECOND CLASS WHAT LMFAO NOT POSSIBLE ! I MAKE AROUND $150,000 PER YEAR W[/b]ITH OVER TIME AS AN RN AT WCMC IM LIVING OO I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT YOU IDIOTS THAT ARE TRYIONG TO HELP A LOST CAUSE I PRAY FOR U ALL A COUNTRY WHERE A PASTTOR MUST HAVE PRIVATE JETS WHILE HIS CONGRAGATION DONT SEE FOOD TO EAT USELESSSSSSSSSS

loool, yeah of course you do. You can fool the average person that has never set foot outside of their state but you can't fool me. I've lived outside of Nigeria. You earn $150,000 a year yet you make spelling mistakes all over the internet? You/your family don't make near to that. I'm willing to bet everything I own. Your spelling is horrible. Your just another fake Nigerian hiding in another country trying to get attention on a Nigerian website!
Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by Nobody: 2:36am On Jan 04, 2013
MANAGING LIFE NA P YOUR PAPA DE MANAGE LIFE TUFIAKWA IM LIVING IT O JEALOUSY IS A DISEASE O I WILL NEVER STEP FOOT IN SUCH A BARREN WASTELAND
babyosisi:

Managing life
Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by MegaMan2020: 2:37am On Jan 04, 2013
MegaMan2020:

loool, yeah of course you do. You can fool the average person that has never set foot outside of their state but you can't fool me. I've lived outside of Nigeria. You earn $150,000 a year yet you make spelling mistakes all over the Internet? Do you know that very few people in America even earn $150,000 a year?That's an astronomical amount in this day & age. For you to earn that much you would be apart of the 1 % of America that earns over 100k a year! You/your family don't make near to that. I'm willing to bet everything I own. Your spelling is horrible. Your just another fake Nigerian hiding in another country trying to get attention on a Nigerian website!
Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by Nobody: 2:38am On Jan 04, 2013
I DONT CARE IF I MAKE SPELLING MISTAKES IS IT IMPORTANT OR NOT THIS IS JUST THE WEB I CAN MAKE AS MANY MISTAKES AS I LIKE YES I DO I DONT HAVE TO PROVE ANYTHING TO YOU AND WHY DID YOU LEAVE AMERICA ?? WAS IT TOO HARD FOR YOU AWWWWW POOR YOU AS FOR ME I DEY LIVE OOO
MegaMan2020:

loool, yeah of course you do. You can fool the average person that has never set foot outside of their state but you can't fool me. I've lived outside of Nigeria. You earn $150,000 a year yet you make spelling mistakes all over the internet? You/your family don't make near to that. I'm willing to bet everything I own. Your spelling is horrible. Your just another fake Nigerian hiding in another country trying to get attention on a Nigerian website!
Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by MegaMan2020: 2:47am On Jan 04, 2013
Ofonagoro :
oh please IM LIVING LIFE IM ENJOYING THESE WHITE PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO HAVE FUN STAY IN YOU PHUCKED UP WEST AFRICAN EXPRESSION AND ROT AWAY IM IN A COUNTRY WHERE THINGS WORK AND GET DONE AND IM ON HERE TO LAUGH AT YOU ALL

I'm West African until I die. I will never change. You? Your a nigger in America that jumps on Nigerian websites trying to beat chest even though you'll always be a second class citizen. Ask yourself "What am i doing on a Nigerian website?" Lazy akata!
Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by MegaMan2020: 2:50am On Jan 04, 2013
Ofonagoro :
I DONT CARE IF I MAKE SPELLING MISTAKES IS IT IMPORTANT OR NOT THIS IS JUST THE WEB I CAN MAKE AS MANY MISTAKES AS I LIKE YES I DO I DONT HAVE TO PROVE ANYTHING TO YOU AND WHY DID YOU LEAVE AMERICA ?? WAS IT TOO HARD FOR YOU AWWWWW POOR YOU AS FOR ME I DEY LIVE OOO

I didn't leave America. I left London because I missed HOME! That's the difference between me and you. You lay claim to a country where you'll always be seen as a black nigger. I lay claim to a country that is mine and is mine of my ancestors. Can you even speak your native language? Nope! Just another hopeless loser in the diaspora. You don't make $150,000 dollars in a year and you know it. You probably drive a cab or clean toilets. Stop making noise!
Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by Nobody: 2:51am On Jan 04, 2013
im not lazy oo im hard working !!! I WORK FOR WHAT I HAVE THE ONLY CONNECTION WITH THAT WEST AFRICAN STATE ARE MY PARENTS OH HOW I WISH THEY WERE FROM GHANA A NATION A COUNTRY YOU CAN BE PROUD OF
MegaMan2020:

I'm West African until I die. I will never change. You? Your a nigger in America that jumps on Nigerian websites trying to beat chest even though you'll always be a second class citizen. Ask yourself "What am i doing on a Nigerian website?" Lazy akata!
Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by zerocool(m): 2:54am On Jan 04, 2013
MegaMan2020:

I didn't leave America. I left London because I missed HOME! That's the difference between me and you. You lay claim to a country where you'll always be seen as a black nigger. I lay claim to a country that is mine and is mine of my ancestors. Can you even speak your native language? Nope! Just another hopeless loser in the diaspora. You don't make $150,000 dollars in a year and you know it. You probably drive a cab or clean toilets. Stop making noise!

Who makes $150,000 per year? Even a first year entry salary for an American doctor is $60,000 average per year. The Nigerian Naira is in Millions, and valueless, so you are comparing with $150,000. That is so not right, you have to factor in the purchasing power of each country's currency.
Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by MegaMan2020: 2:55am On Jan 04, 2013
cockyjay: oh really? The honest people making a killing in this country are aliens I don't have anything against the people travelling out of the country but u guys went too far. Nigeria is not hopeless. The change is coming. People are hungry for it and i know it will come. If u can't see anything good in your country then u really don't deserve to be called a Nigerian. I don't even see you as one.

I don't see them as one either because they're not. These people for the most part have never set foot in nigeria and if they have it was for a two week holiday. Most of them have never lived the African experience. they get their knowledge of Nigeria from Nairaland. Most can't even speak a word in their native language. their parents left Nigeria and never turned back. Don't pay attention to loudmouth American niggers that are desperate to cause a scene on here.
Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by Nobody: 2:57am On Jan 04, 2013
[size=18pt]Mega man don't waste your saliva the same ofonagoro that tells you he lives in white plains also said this on another thread[/size]

Ofonagoro :

And that's the misconception there are people who get fired just for being bald or for being of a different race. I know this I live here in America in the Bronx,NY to be exact. But you're right Nigeria will get there.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lives in the ghetto

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by OgidiBoy(m): 2:59am On Jan 04, 2013
MegaMan2020:

It's either that or the OP just arrived from Nigeria.It's normally JJC that just stepped out of the plane yesterday that brag about America like that.

Anyone that has lived in America for more than 10 years and travels to Nigeria frequently knows Nigerian are living a false life here, and it's in

Nigeria that movers and shakers with raw cash make things happen.
Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by Nobody: 2:59am On Jan 04, 2013
And also said this

Ofonagoro :
Nigerians often thin the ANYWHERE is better than Nigeria and that the ideal place to be is America. Nigerians you have thought WRONG
1. There aren't any jobs
2. It's not a land of Money on the streets
3. You have to work at least 58 hrs/wk to afford a decent living
4. Racism is a major issue
5. America is not the best country in the world
6. People are suffering. some people don't even see a meal to eat. People are becoming poorer taxes are getting higher job openings are getting smaller its not the ideal place to be [size=24pt]nothing is FREE everything has a catch especially in the U.S.[/size] Nigerians need to stop patronizing countries they dont belong to and need to stay in Nigeria and make a change and [size=20pt]stop being negative.[/size]

grin grin grin grin

Hehehehehehehe
I can bet money,this guy fits well into my initial post
Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by MegaMan2020: 2:59am On Jan 04, 2013
zerocool:

Who makes $150,000 per year? Even a first year entry salary for an American doctor is $60,000 average per year. The Nigerian Naira is in Millions, and valueless, so you are comparing with $150,000. That is so not right, you have to factor in the purchasing power of each country's currency.

Who's talking about naira? We're talking about dollars. You can barely spell yet you boast about making $150,000 dollars? You're the classic African..You know the one with the inferiority complex that tried to preach and lie to others. I know how 99% of Nigerians/Africans live in the diaspora and it's not pretty. That's why i laugh when i see you trying to boast on the internet. most of you are cab drivers/cleaners/selling clothes/the on street corners. In America you people are African American niggers. You aren't respected Or cherished so come off of your fake high horse, wannabe!
Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by Nobody: 3:00am On Jan 04, 2013
MegaMan2020:

Who's talking about naira? We're talking about dollars. You can barely spell yet you boast about making $150,000 dollars? You're the classic African..You know the one with the inferiority complex that tried to preach and lie to others. I know how 99% of Nigerians/Africans live in the diaspora and it's not pretty. That's why i laugh when i see you trying to boast on the internet. most of you are cab drivers/cleaners/selling clothes/the on street corners. In America you people are African American niggers. You aren't respected Or cherished so come off of your fake high horse, wannabe!

Read my last two posts
The poster is a clown
Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by zerocool(m): 3:01am On Jan 04, 2013
babyosisi: Mega man don't waste your saliva the same ofonigoro that tells you he lives in white plains also said this on another thread

Lives in the ghetto

You have avoided answering my question. Since you have written a very nice prose condemning Nigerians in the diaspora, and say you are managing life in America... why don't you come back to Nigeria to "manage life"?
Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by Nobody: 3:02am On Jan 04, 2013
zerocool:

You have avoided answering my question. Since you have written a very nice prose condemning Nigerians in the diaspora, and say you are managing life in America... why don't you come back to Nigeria to "manage life"?

God is in control
Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by MegaMan2020: 3:03am On Jan 04, 2013
zerocool:

Ah! I see.. You can as well come back to Nigeria and manage life na?!

You know they can't survive in Nigeria. They can only make mouth on the Internet!
Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by MegaMan2020: 3:08am On Jan 04, 2013
babyosisi: [size=18pt]Mega man don't waste your saliva the same ofonagoro that tells you he lives in white plains also said this on another thread[/size]

Lives in the ghetto

I'll school and embarrass him/her. I've lived outside of Nigeria. I'm a well travelled person.. I've seen how the average Nigerian/African lives/treated in the diaspora and it isn't pretty. That's why I attack the diaspora loudmouths whenever I see them talking rubbish because know for the most part very few of them are living a good life. They only like to portray the "good life in America" on Nairaland to get attention. They disgust me.
Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by MegaMan2020: 3:08am On Jan 04, 2013
babyosisi:

Read my last two posts
The poster is a clown

i see now. i'll ignore the loser grin
Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by MegaMan2020: 3:12am On Jan 04, 2013
zerocool:

maybe she can't handle for Nigeria. not every Nigerian in the diaspora is bad. it's just the fake losers that want to pretend as if they're living the high life that bother me. Knowing full well they are life bummy. I saw them daily when i was in London. They can only make mouth on nigerian websites. they're second class citizens in the countries they live in.

babyosisi seems like a good person to me.
Re: Nigeria Is Truly Useless by Nobody: 3:16am On Jan 04, 2013
Here we go with another "WHICH IS BETTER, NIGERIA OR US" discussion undecided

Una nor dey taya cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Haha Read Ooo!!! Buhari say why Nigeria MUST NOT Let The Igbos Leave This Union / Lagos State House Of Assembly Result... APC 40 Seats Vs. PDP 0 Seat / Dissolve Eastern Security Network Before Seven Days, Yerima Shetima Tell Nnamdi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.