Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,790 members, 7,935,373 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 08:20 AM

Ubuntu Linux - Computers (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ubuntu Linux (479861 Views)

Using Fedora Or Ubuntu Linux / Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux / Using Ubuntu Linux As Internet Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ubuntu Linux by nazzyon(m): 10:55pm On May 18, 2010
mendax:

@nazzyon;
I used BT3 sometime ago. I also use ubuntu 9.04 and justy recently took the plunge into win7. any probs?

Just need to know 'cos I downloaded BT4.

Should in case I hit a wall I'll contact you.

Merci.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by puskin: 11:45pm On May 18, 2010
mMm??. . . . .am I sure am not going to go on dis ubuntu OS thingy??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:18am On May 19, 2010
@ Muyi, thanks i saw ur post, but i THINK u missed the key word= FREE grin grin grin grin grin grin

looking at those stuff but ii believe most of them sre useless.
either limited to 6 workstations, or not debian based ( can be difficult to convert)
some not even cafe ware, imagine listing Kmeleon as a cafe program its a firefox hack of a browser!!

will check them out indepth and see how far? thanks
Re: Ubuntu Linux by v3: 9:01am On May 19, 2010
Ubuntu plus Tor plus YF na shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ubuntu Linux by mendax: 12:47pm On May 19, 2010
nazzyon:

Just need to know 'cos I downloaded BT4.

Should in case I hit a wall I'll contact you.

Merci.

@nazzyon;
merci oussi. But keep in mind, just avoid installing BT on ur system directly, but try using the live cd until you are happy with it. afterall its mainly for testing

I downloaded BT4 sometime ago also but the version wasnt stable, i dont know if it is now.

goodluck
Re: Ubuntu Linux by nazzyon(m): 1:09pm On May 19, 2010
mendax:

@nazzyon;
merci oussi. But keep in mind, just avoid installing BT on your system directly, but try using the live cd until you are happy with it. afterall its mainly for testing

I downloaded BT4 sometime ago also but the version wasnt stable, i dont know if it is now.

goodluck

If you want to use it Get the BT4 Final. IT

There is improvement. I used BT2. I lost touch with it.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Maleeq(m): 3:30pm On May 19, 2010
BT4 Final is stable. I have a dual boot with Lucid on my system. Not a problem

Great improvement now: they've added a GUI installer as against the command line thingy. Funny the grub menu lists it as[b] "Ubuntu 8.10"[/b] instead of[b] "BT4, pwnsauce"[/b]
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:25pm On May 19, 2010
sorry 4 my ignorant question, but what do u guys want BT4 for?
u guys into top level linux IT? or just 4 aircrack? cos u could just compile that on a distro and be alrite grin grin grin grin

anyways na wah o, make u na carry we muguns along o
Re: Ubuntu Linux by muyiscoi(m): 7:24pm On May 19, 2010
i tried out BT3 a while back. couldnt get the damn thing to install. a friend of mine liked d interface a lot and wanted to install it on his laptop. after slaving on and searching for solution, i eventually gave up.

as for troubleshooting OSes, i use pretty much any linux i can get my hands on n that mostly is ubuntu or LinuxMint.

i dont do any network testing
Re: Ubuntu Linux by nazzyon(m): 10:34pm On May 19, 2010
Cracking but I have to do alot more to do that now.

'cos I don dey ask questions on even Ubuntu self.

So, I qualify as a novice.

'cos I devoted about 4 + years to Windows.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Fisher666(m): 6:54am On May 20, 2010
Please can anyone help me, i have just downloaded the Latest Ubuntu 10.04 iso image from the Ubuntu website and i burned it on a Cd. The problem is that when i try to boot from the Cd it boots then hangs with a purple screen and not showing anything else. I also tried to run the Cd from my already installed Ubuntu 8.10 but when i try to run it its says that the it cannot find the Autorun Prompt.
Please help me coz i have a slow internet connection and i dnt want to spend 2 days to download a new copy again.
I hope that u guys can help me.
thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by lynxnoon(m): 10:31am On May 20, 2010
@fisher
burn d iso to anoda cd again den chk to see if its not corrupted
cheers
Re: Ubuntu Linux by lynxnoon(m): 2:14pm On May 21, 2010
men!!!!
dis 10.04 is sweeeeeeeeeeeeet
been missing seriously!
even d headache of usb modeswitch on modems, well, zte mf626. . . . . it was simply[b] plug n play[/b] wink wink

Re: Ubuntu Linux by lynxnoon(m): 2:17pm On May 21, 2010
even on glo it shows d different data plan wink

Re: Ubuntu Linux by lynxnoon(m): 2:49pm On May 21, 2010
even evolution dat i did really flow with in other editions works without any hassle
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:10pm On May 21, 2010
evolution works for u? good for u o

did u get my offline? do me i do u o
Re: Ubuntu Linux by DoubleN(m): 5:02pm On May 21, 2010
The Os go gree work with the Starcomms Novatel USB Modem? If it does,then i am hopping on the train ASAP!
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:18pm On May 21, 2010
^^^ dude, get a live cd and try it naw, u dont have to install it to find out!!!!
Re: Ubuntu Linux by lynxnoon(m): 7:02pm On May 21, 2010
ijapa i dey come wink

Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 9:10pm On May 22, 2010
@doublen have you been haviing any problem using starcomms novatel on linux? i've been using that modem on the various linuces i have for over two years and i don't have a problem (though sometimes you might have to do some manual tweaks) however sometimes istead of your modem being detected, you might see a cdrom drive - other than the one that comes with you pc in which case all you have to do is eject it

@fisher666 next tme you see that purple screen press the tab key; if the cd is ok you should see something different
Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 9:12pm On May 22, 2010
@lynxnoon, you've been downloading videos from fztvseries? i was wondering why the download speed drastically reduced
Re: Ubuntu Linux by muyiscoi(m): 4:30pm On May 23, 2010
is there a new rule on NL against posing links on d forum? two of my posts have been blocked n they both contained links so it got me thinking. if there was a silent decision made about d matter, i'd like 2 know

PS: the links were not to some illegal torrent or file sharing site. they were to sourceforge, freshmeat and even ubuntu website.

Mr fisher666, if u want to see my post on ur question, check the recent posts on my profile
Re: Ubuntu Linux by lynxnoon(m): 7:12pm On May 23, 2010
guys i noticed that there's only torK in the software portal n none for gnome evironment . . . . even installing vidalia still requests for tor. . . . do i hv to install manually? undecided or anybody with links to repositories or sometin?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by lynxnoon(m): 7:25pm On May 23, 2010
dont worry guys. . . .found it wink
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:04am On May 24, 2010
dude, the tor in the repos is old and unmaintained, probably wont work

go to torproject.org, follow the debian instructions. you have to add a new repo link and update.

install tor, install privoxy not polipo, polipo in linux is crazy leaks dns calls like crazy

there is a privoxy config file on this thread, use it to replace /etc/privoxy/config

reboot for sanity, remove tor as a daemon (not really important) if u cant do that in terminal, install startup manager
Re: Ubuntu Linux by lynxnoon(m): 9:54am On May 24, 2010
thanks for d info 4ller
i was about to come lay d complaint now
will try wat u said n see wats up
btw. . . . . .my glo connection keeps terminating after connecting for awhile, dnt knw if its d change frm 3g to 2g angry or network issues and i need the internet data plan to install all d stuf i need to run tor angry angry
anyhow sha still on it
Re: Ubuntu Linux by lynxnoon(m): 11:23am On May 24, 2010
na wah oh . . . am still having issues installing tor oh. . . keeps saying NO INSTALLATION PACKAGE FOR TOR

Re: Ubuntu Linux by fasho16(m): 3:54pm On May 24, 2010
anyone, in d house got d ubuntu 10.04? must be resident in lagos. tried upgrading to 10.04, bt my connection is a bit slow.

really love d screenshots.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:03pm On May 24, 2010
@ fasho, well i would and could but for the weird reason that i cant seem to burn a good cd anymore. my iso which i downloaded twice is ok i verified the md5sum, but whenever i try to burn the cd comes bad.

i have tried different cd, original fake etc , tried burning with windows, with ubuntu zilch, i had to use a usb to install. so i guess really i can give u the iso, as for the cd, i really dunno o,

lynx, wells maybes we is haves to walks yous tthroughs the parols again grin grin grin grin
even v3 sef installed it although yahoo messenger hear am that day grin grin grin

i think you did not get the key to sign that repo or u didnt enter the repo correctly, thats why its still not showing up

ok lets go there: copy and paste ni o, no try show ur skills grin grin grin grin

sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list

when the file opens, add this line after the other repo lines

deb http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org lucid main

then open terminal and paste the following in it

gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv 886DDD89
gpg --export A3C4F0F979CAA22CDBA8F512EE8CBC9E886DDD89 | sudo apt-key add -

watch that terminal output well it shld give one line like that, (i don forget) that its acquired the key e no go go back to prompt o, e go just dey dull.
OR just open a new gedit page, paste the key init without the "! sudo apt key add part", then save it as tor.gpg (edit the extension into .gpg)
then add it from graphical sources editor

then refresh packages and do

sudo apt-get install tor tor-geoipdb privoxy vidalia

e must work na, then do that privoxy thing i highlighted earlier

chikena grin grin grin grin grin

check that repo and key line thing well, preferably do that key thing in terminal.

for glo it has to be the network o. but wait shebi u said u once used umtsmon, did u compile it? i cant find a deb
Re: Ubuntu Linux by muyiscoi(m): 7:27pm On May 24, 2010
abeg does anyone know how to configure multilinks modem on linux? a friend tried doing it on PCLinuxOS but it didnt work. is there a universal way to do it, or is there a software u have to have? bear in mind, its KDE.

i know this is not an ubuntu question but its linux plus i dont tink there is a forum for PCLinuxOS on NL
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:00pm On May 24, 2010
Modem make and model?

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (175) (Reply)

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.