Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,018 members, 7,896,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 10:25 AM

Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant (3356 Views)

Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding / Primary Three Pupil Gets Pregnant After Being Raped By A 27 Year Old Man / 13-year-old Girl Gets Pregnant After Being Molested In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by tRoOE(f): 8:48pm On Feb 24, 2008
almondjoy:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, . . . . . . . .

Just to play devil's advocate to the ladies in the house.

What if a seer told you that this child resulting from rape would be your only child to come out of you in your life time or you would lose your life if you got rid of the child.  What would you ladies do?  The men have the right to do what they want to do.

What would you do ladies? If you had this revelation in advance. undecided

Thinking. . . . . . . . . .
If that is the way God wants it then so be it

I will still abort that baby oh am sorry, i can't imagine the pain and agony I will go through if i ever bring that baby into the world.

Will rather be barren than bring a bastard child into this world.

But i pray to God almighty i don't be in this situation

Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by almondjoy(f): 8:48pm On Feb 24, 2008
D-reloaded:

you're pro choice as well AJ

Oh yeah!  In every aspect of life--I am pro choice.  I respect whatever choices people make for themselves as long as they are not making it for me. kiss
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by ifyalways(f): 8:49pm On Feb 24, 2008
@Aj the God i serve wont let that happen.i wud rather adopt a child, love and cherish him than having a rape child live with me.i CANNOT love such a child so even if it gets to that extent,ADOPTION becomes my best bet.  kiss
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by almondjoy(f): 8:52pm On Feb 24, 2008
ifyalways:

@Aj the God i serve wont let that happen.i would rather adopt a child, love and cherish him than having a rape child live with me.i CANNOT love such a child so even if it gets to that extent,ADOPTION becomes my best bet.   kiss

You make it sound so easy.  My prayer is that[b] none of us has to find out the hard way how life [/b] can play terrible tricks on us. How are you sure the child you are adopting is not a product of rape? undecided  You will get rid of yours to love another from the same parentage or incest who knows? undecided

I say things deey happen! smiley

This is one of the most interesting threads I have ever come across on Nairaland. . . . . . .Just to see how people solve complex problems.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I say! undecided

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by almondjoy(f): 9:02pm On Feb 24, 2008
The responses from the men do not even baffle me as much as the responses from females.

That you are willing to give up something that came from you.  A whole half of you--and half of a rapist.

To do without any child in this life or go and adopt another of unknown parentage just because you want to please your man or yourself? shocked Was this act of rape of God or the Devil? undecided

Your own life and that of your child--rapist or not? undecided

Just trying to understand, how do you test this so called man's love for you--for an occurence that was of no fault of yours?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm!

Amazing!
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 24, 2008
I can't even think of a considerable reply to this thread. hmmmmmh. I'm so clueless.
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by ifyalways(f): 9:08pm On Feb 24, 2008
Agreed.we dont wish for such things but i really think thats what i wud do.i simply cant live with such a child.Yes the adopted one might be a product of a worst crime but then,emotionally,its sounds better to me.hmmmmmn living with and loving a rape child?anyway God help us.
Am not going for adoption cos of any man,Hell no.i wud be doing so cos i cant possibly be a mother,not to talk of a good one to the unbron child so . . .perharps one never can tell,if there is any close relative that is willing to have and keep such a child,i might though its really gonna be hard.go tru 9 full painfull months cursing and hating ,nooo i simply cant.
yes adoption becomes an option for me.whatever the parentage.i dont know so it wont hurt me.
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by Dreloaded(f): 9:16pm On Feb 24, 2008
why do you think us not anting to have morning sickness, gain weight, bloated ankles etc for some batard child means wanting to please a man

what about the fact that some of us have the guts tp say we dont say we wont feel an iota of love for such a kid

. There was this notorious black rapist in the late 80s who used to rape asian women in Chinatown, NY. One of the victims, a korean lady had the kid
and grpwing up when he was beaten up in the playground by other kids calling him "half demon", she used to look from the window and laughed while he was being beaten half to death. Would you approve of such a behavior, after all she "kept the kid" right?

anyway like i said before, thank God for civilized countries
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by almondjoy(f): 9:29pm On Feb 24, 2008
ifyalways:

Agreed.[/b]we don't wish for such things but i really think [b]thats what i would do.

i simply can't live with such a child.

Yes the adopted one might be a product of a worst crime but then,emotionally,its sounds better to me.

hmmmmmn living with and loving a rape child? anyway God help us.

Am not going for adoption because of any man,Hell no.

i would be doing so because i can't possibly be a mother,not to talk of a good one to the unbron child so . . .perharps one never can tell,

if there is any close relative that is willing to have and keep such a child,[/b]i might though its really going to be hard.

[b]go tru 9 full painfull months cursing and hating ,nooo i simply can't.

yes adoption becomes an option for me.whatever the parentage.i don't know so it wont hurt me.

I know it is not an easy decision.  But this child is innocent!

D-reloaded:

why do you think us not anting to have morning sickness, gain weight, bloated ankles etc for some batard child means wanting to please a man

what about the fact that some of us have the guts tp say we don't say we wont feel an iota of love for such a kid

. There was this notorious black rapist in the late 80s who used to rape asian women in Chinatown, NY. One of the victims, a korean lady had the kid
and grpwing up when he was beaten up in the playground by other kids calling him "half demon", she used to look from the window and laughed while he was being beaten half to death. Would you approve of such a behavior, after all she "kept the kid" right?

anyway like i said before, thank God for civilized countries

Is is the stigma of society or just plain vanity that is the reason for all this?  I am just tryin' to understand.  Because no "female" here has given me any reason to sympathize with any female who has been raped to the point of wanting to take her own life and that of her unborn child.  Stigma? Pride?  or what? I am prochoice but some things just defy simple logic here.

If you can never open up in your heart to love what is half yours---I am sorry, I find it absolutely difficult to believe you can love a total stranger--a child unknown to you.  People who love other children usually love theirs first--from their hearts. Because if you plan to harm one innocent child--you can harm all the others. No getting around it! Hatred is not selective--we can only pretend. But our actions will usually give us away at one time or the other!

A child is a child--an innocent child for that matter?   

Well, your choice---I am pro choice.  I will never contemplate such and let the chips fall where they may! kiss
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by ifyalways(f): 9:34pm On Feb 24, 2008
@AJ I cant give what i dont have.i cant love a rape child when i dont even love/forgive myself for having him.its a really tough decision but still,i still stand on abortion ! we dont pray for such things to happen anyway undecided
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by almondjoy(f): 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2008
ifyalways:

@AJ I can't give what i don't have.i can't love a rape child when i don't even love/forgive myself for having him.its a really tough decision but still,i still stand on abortion ! we don't pray for such things to happen anyway undecided

The good news is that it has not happened to any of us.  We have time to think things over--and I pray it never happens to any of us.

It is not as easy as you think---who talks of abortion in 2008! shocked

I deey laff! grin

You are not serious!  Abortion is only a prochoice decision for people who do not know any better!  For the ignorant. I am not a religious router--this is life and death we are talkin' about. It never an option for[b] any sane female. [/b] Not if you have a period every month.

Go and think about it! kiss

Na beans!
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by Dreloaded(f): 9:38pm On Feb 24, 2008
almondjoy:

I know it is not an easy decision. But this child is innocent!

Is is the stigma of society or just plain vanity that is the reason for all this? I am just tryin' to understand. Because no "female" here has given me any reason to sympathize with any female who has been raped to the point of wanting to take her own life and that of her unborn child. Stigma? Pride? or what? I am prochoice but some things just defy simple logic here.

If you can never open up in your heart to love what is half yours---I am sorry, I find it absolutely difficult to believe you can love a total stranger--a child unknown to you. People who love other children usually love theirs first. Because if you plan to harm one innocent child--you can harm yours!

A child is a child--an innocent child for that matter?

Well, your choice---I am pro choice. I will never contemplate such and let the chips fall where they may! kiss

You're not exactly being pro-choice by yelling at us for the option we decided to pick from such a riduclous scenerio like a "seer seeing that it's your only child". I would expect such rantings from a frustrated pro-lifer.

No one even said OTHERS should do this, we're just saying this is what we'd perfer had it been us in such a situation. who's saying other females shouldnt keep it? If they want they can. If they believe they'll love it as they own, let them do so, however they shouldnt exect the husband or whoever to feel the same way NOR should they make other females feel bad for not having the same feelings.
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by almondjoy(f): 9:43pm On Feb 24, 2008
D-reloaded:

You're not exactly being pro-choice by yelling at us for the option we decided to pick from such a riduclous scenerio like a "seer seeing that it's your only child". I would expect such rantings from a frustrated pro-lifer.

No one even said OTHERS should do this, we're just saying this is what we'd perfer had it been us in such a situation. who's saying other females shouldnt keep it? If they want they can. If they believe they'll love it as they own, let them do so, however they shouldnt exect the husband or whoever to feel the same way NOR should they make other females feel bad for not having the same feelings.

Please I am prochoice like a said.  We are just having a discussion.  I am not yelling at anyone. I am just trying to make you understand that there may be better ways to handle this matter than risking your life and your health.  Especially when you do not know what the future holds! Period. 

Anyone is free to do whatever he or she wants to do.  Not ma business really.  This is just for discussion purposes, so that those who feel it is the best option may have a re-think and handle themeselves better.  The decision is ultimately theirs.  Not mine!  I will respect it! kiss

Goodluck! kiss
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by ifyalways(f): 10:08pm On Feb 24, 2008
almondjoy:

The good news is that it has not happened to any of us.  We have time to think things over--and I pray it never happens to any of us.

It is not as easy as you think---who talks of abortion in 2008! shocked

I deey laff! grin

You are not serious!  Abortion is only a prochoice decision for people who do not know any better!  For the ignorant. I am not a religious router--this is life and death we are talkin' about. It never an option for[b] any sane female. [/b] Not if you have a period every month.

Go and think about it! kiss

Na beans!
thanks a million,we pray such things don't happen to any of us  kiss
like you said,its a very difficult situation not even good to be imagined.
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by almondjoy(f): 10:16pm On Feb 24, 2008
ifyalways:

thanks a million,we pray such things don't happen to any of us kiss
like you said,its a very difficult situation not even good to be imagined.

No problem. Thank God for Prochoice. wink This thread was for guys to come and prove the status of their relationships for their "raped" femele partners anyway.

So over to the original audience this thread was intended for.

Enjoy! kiss
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by 4Play(m): 10:20pm On Feb 24, 2008
almondjoy:

No problem. Thank God for Prochoice. wink This thread was for guys to come and prove the status of their relationships for their "raped" femele partners anyway.

So over to the original audience this thread was intended for.

Enjoy! kiss

If this happened to my fiancee,its ultimately her decision what she wants to do.So back to the ladies tongue
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by Dreloaded(f): 10:21pm On Feb 24, 2008
what are better ways then? since we are evil for not wanting to pretend to love a fetus that we didnt bargain for.

i guess i dont see how you are respecting a decision when you make comments like

You are not serious! Abortion is only a prochoice decision for people who do not know any better! For the ignorant. I am not a religious router--this is life and death we are talkin' about. It never an option for any sane female. Not if you have a period every month.

It's not something most people WANT to do but when it comes to extraordinary situations for example this topic, people should be able to consider it and even confess to considering without others making them feel horrible.
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by almondjoy(f): 10:43pm On Feb 24, 2008
D-reloaded:

what are better ways then? since we are evil for not wanting to pretend to love a fetus that we didnt bargain for.

i guess i don't see how you are respecting a decision when you make comments like

It's not something most people WANT to do but when it comes to extraordinary situations for example this topic, people should be able to consider it and even confess to considering without others making them feel horrible.

In ma opinion--abortion is only necessary if the mother or fetus is in danger.  You guys know what you would do and I know what I would do in ALL cases.  So prochoice it still is.  Just ma opinions.  Does not mean I am not prochoice.  If I were to counsel a rape victim--that is what I would tell her.  I would not send her to jail or kill her if she chooses to do otherwise.  Even if it were ma daughter. That is the meaning of prochoice--the decision ultimately lies with the victim.  I will respect whatever choices she chooses to make even despite my yelling as you call it.  I will not kill her for doing her wish! kiss  That is her business not mine!  Just a discussion.
The rest I leave to you and your decisions.  No problems!

Horrible? No one feels horrible for something they do not feel guilty about.  Why should they feel horrible? If you know you are confident in your decisions--you can never feel horrible or guilty. Stick to your guns and damn what ever every body else thinks.  I would without a pang of guilt--if I had made up ma mind what I wanted to do!

As for the options in dealing with the rape crisis resulting in an unwanted pregnancy, there are many.  None includes abortion, IMO--nothing to feel horrible about. Just ma opinions and personal convictons so others need not feel the need to take some drastic measures because no one ever mentioned to them that it is not the WORST thing in life to have a baby out of rape.  If most ladies were educated about not feelin' shame or stigma about w[b]hat was not as a result of their own misadventures[/b]--more ladies will take care of themselves better.  If she was raped 10 times and got pregnant 10 of those times--so she should terminate all pregnancies--because of pride, societal stigma and self hatred?  I don't think so. kiss  If she had half the love for herself, it would be enough and more to love that "half her child" too! kiss

Everyone has made up his or her minds on what do.  Fine!  Let those who have the chance to reconsider review other perspectives and realize it is not the worst thing in the world to be a rape victim.  That is prochoice also! wink
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by Dreloaded(f): 11:02pm On Feb 24, 2008
[quote author=almondjoy link=topic=115251.msg1991200#msg1991200 date=1203889436

You have made up your minds what you want to do. Fine! Let those who have the chance to reconsider do so. That is prochoice! wink
[quote][/quote]

You make it seem like those who opted for abortion are saying everyone else should do the same. That is NOT the case unless I missed a [post where someone gave off that vibe? who said other didnt have a chance to choose what they want?

Like I said you saying "no sane person would pick an abortion" isnt exactly an example of being pro-choice, that people have the right to do whatever they feel is right FOR THEM they want in such a situation
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by almondjoy(f): 7:31am On Feb 25, 2008
And where did I disagree with the choice to do what anyone wants to do?  People who are comfortable with their decisions have long departed this thread.  No need to flog the issue.  I am just saying that if I were to counsel a rape victim, that is what I would tell her.  That is also what I would do.

The rest--Pro-choice!  That is their business.  So do not think I am going to tote a gun and mow down all abortion clinics in Nigeria and the US.  Like I said, that is any body's business.  I am just trying to save those mentally fragile ones the pychological trauma they may experience ahead which might be 100X worse than the rape itself. As God allowed such a thing to happen, he will take care of all that too.  Where in your bibles did he say you should terminate a pregnancy as a result of rape? undecided

Sometimes I wonder.  When some should be reading their bibles for solutions they are busy consulting the devil! A think una say una be Christains? tongue  It never fails to crack me up with the so-called born agains.  Where is this your faith when you need it the most? cheesy  To cuss out people on the internet only? grin Even me when be pagan knows better!

A beg ooooooooooooooooooooh!
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by almondjoy(f): 7:36am On Feb 25, 2008
4 Play:

If this happened to my fiancee, its ultimately her decision what she wants to do. So back to the ladies tongue

Thanks for your imput. I am glad that you are prochoice too.  Afterall she is only a fiancee' not a wife.  As you can see, the religious guys are no where to be found! grin

People when dey read bible upside down!

So back to the guys! kiss
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by Dreloaded(f): 3:26pm On Feb 25, 2008
almondjoy:

.  Where in your bibles did he say you should terminate a pregnancy as a result of rape? undecided

Have I ever come across as being a Bible thumper to you, AJ?

If the same God can allow such to happen, I expect for there to be leniency on how (wo)man chooses to deal with it

and ONCE AGAIN, the only comment of yours I have a problem with is you saying that those who opt for the abortion route in such a situation must be insane. Dont see how that's being "pro-choice", every person has the right to do whatever they feel is best without snide remarks implying they are senile for choosing a route you think is wrong.
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by Jairzinho(m): 5:24pm On Feb 25, 2008
D-reloaded:

a seer ko, a winch ni.  tongue

If the God I believe in would allow such horrible consequences, I wont serve Him anymore and happily DIE.

I will take it as that. The child will still be removed

Anyway thankfully in civilized countries, when a rape case is reported, the first thing they do is a rape kit which involves STD tests AND the morning after pill therefore the baby will be gone within hrs after the horrible situatiom

Take it easy on how you invoke GOD my dear.

He's still GOD !
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by Dreloaded(f): 5:46pm On Feb 25, 2008
Dont start with me, jare.

Only mindless people dont question things due to unnecessary fear.
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by TheSly: 5:54pm On Feb 25, 2008
She's gonna abort it

Otherwise. . . . . . . . . . . angry angry
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by almondjoy(f): 6:15pm On Feb 25, 2008
D-reloaded:

Have I ever come across as being a Bible thumper to you, AJ?

If the same God can allow such to happen, I[b] expect for there to be leniency on how (wo)man chooses to deal with it[/b]

and ONCE AGAIN, the only comment of yours I have a problem with is you saying that those who opt for the abortion route in such a situation must be insane. Dont see how that's being "pro-choice", every person has the right to do whatever they feel is best without snide remarks implying they are senile for choosing a route you think is wrong.

Of course you are not one of the bible thumpers. cheesy They are no where to be found on this thread. grin

Snide remarks? When you referred to ma comments as those of a "frustrated pro-lifer" did I bother you? undecided Your choice of words that you are also entitled to. Hey! They are just words. The "insane" part you took too personal. It is just a way of saying that the lady is not "thinking clearly"! So do not read too much into it ok?

You are wrong on that note. Snide remarks are personal and are shows pro-choice too. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, including snide remarks. We do not have to hate each other for that.

Like you said if the same God were to allow such a thing to happen, the leniency you are talking about is called "prochoice or free will"! My opinion is against aborting an unwanted pregnancy as a result of rape. My opinion.

I still stand by it! Like you stand by yours. We only disagree that's all. Nothing wrong with that. Pro-Choice! kiss
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by Jairzinho(m): 8:47am On Feb 26, 2008
D-reloaded:

Dont start with me, jare.

Only mindless people don't question things due to unnecessary fear.
Are u inferring I'm mindless?
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by Dreloaded(f): 7:14pm On Feb 26, 2008
Do you consider yourself such?
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by Bebstic(f): 8:10pm On Feb 26, 2008
This is all so interesting. It's amazing what the ladies think. I thought the really funny answers would be from the guys.
For those who would conveniently abort the baby, does it mean the wedding goes on as planned in 2 months? besides, does the abortion heal the relationship between the two of you? will it ever be the same?

for the pro-life people, are you willing to give up the wedding in 2 months or do you even have to - i mean, are the pro life guys willing to go ahead and marry and raise an unknown man's child?

I think one more question I'll like to pose to the guys is that; whether the child lives or dies, does it change the love you have for your fiancee?
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by Dreloaded(f): 9:45pm On Feb 26, 2008
what exactly is "funny" about the answers?

Bebstic:

This is all so interesting. It's amazing what the ladies think. I thought the really funny answers would be from the guys.
For those who would conveniently abort the baby, does it mean the wedding goes on as planned in 2 months? besides, does the abortion heal the relationship between the two of you? will it ever be the same?

That's a little too hypothetical. You can answer such a question without it actually happening. How is anyone supposed to know if the relationship will remain the same unless it's experienced which hopefully no one will.
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by RDynamite(f): 10:04pm On Feb 26, 2008
Just thinking to myself. . .what if my fiance told me that his ex was pregnant for him and we had 2 months away from the altar?
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by ifyalways(f): 10:25pm On Feb 26, 2008
@bebstic,Yes the wedding goes on as planned.
there is nothing to heal,he wasnt the one that sent the rapist on me so. . .i believe he wud be in support of the abortion too.
it wont affect our lives in any way.our relationship remains intact.
one of the reasons one should hang to someone that shares the same views and sees life from the same angle with you. kiss

@R-dynamite,hmmmn his ex? we are going to have a very long talk.me,my wud be hubby and the pregnant gal.the talk determines the next step.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Change Is Here: Nigeria's New Coat Of Arm / Video: Ghanaian Boys Tried To Gang Ra.pe A Lady In Their Room / Top 10 Countries With The Highest Internet Scammers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.