Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,592 members, 7,944,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 02:03 AM

Problem With Wordpress - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Problem With Wordpress (500 Views)

Weird Problem With Wordpress Site / Let Me Show You How To Build A Website With Wordpress...fast! / How Create Any Website With Wordpress (wordpress Tutorial App) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem With Wordpress by adewasco2k(m): 8:44pm On Jan 08, 2013
guys please i need your help on this...i already installed wordpress on a sub-domain, worked on it....installed plugins, widgets and so on...with articles already....now i want it on the main domain....how will i move it successfully without loosing anything...i haven't done this before and yea...i can google it out but i prefer help from you guys who probably have done that before and would explain it well to me, so i can also learn wink....thanks guys
Re: Problem With Wordpress by guru01(m): 9:10pm On Jan 08, 2013
You can search plugin directory for a backup plugin so you can backup your files and export it, then upload it later on.

OR

You can create a directory through the FTP remotely in your server, then copy all files into it.
After files have been copied, move the directory you copied file to up, i.e: where you have ".."; until you get to the directory you want, then extract the file in it.

NOTE: Test this technique on your local FTP before performing it on the remote server.
Re: Problem With Wordpress by guru01(m): 9:28pm On Jan 08, 2013
guru01: You can search plugin directory for a backup plugin so you can backup your files and export it, then upload it later on.

OR

You can create a directory through the FTP remotely in your server, then copy all files into it.
After files have been copied, move the directory you copied file to up, i.e: where you have ".."; until you get to the directory you want, then extract the file in it.

You might also consider using the file manager system in your cpanel, its the same process.
Re: Problem With Wordpress by Nobody: 3:12am On Jan 09, 2013
Cut and Paste using FTP and check blog url in the PHPmyadmin, moved a wordpress that was like 4gb with ease so its no big deal.
Re: Problem With Wordpress by adewasco2k(m): 10:37am On Jan 09, 2013
pc guru: Cut and Paste using FTP and check blog url in the PHPmyadmin, moved a wordpress that was like 4gb with ease so its no big deal.
thanks very much.

you mean my sub-domain (e.g demo.mydomain.com)
i will goto the file manager (may be via filezilla)
copy all the file in the wwwroot paste them in the main domain's wwwroot (mydomain.com)
then goto the host (database)
change the url from www.demo.mydomain.com to www.mydomain.com.
thanks but the later part undecided i am not good yet with database stuffs, i hope i see where to change the url.

well appreciated though, i always know i can count on you guys when i run into problems wink.
Re: Problem With Wordpress by PGON(m): 12:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
Go to General settings in your wp blog.
Change the following settings
www.nairaland.com/attachments/942183_nairaland_jpgb6c80b41a6a6514c7af3ef5025e6a575

navigate to wpfolder (using file manager /ftp)

copy index.php and .htaccess (if there is one) to root

using text editor, open index.php for editing
change
require("./wp-blog-header.php"wink;
To
require("./wpfolder/wp-blog-header.php"wink;

save and exit
visit your site report

Note: $wpfolder = the current wordpress folder.

original admin login is still the same.

(1) (Reply)

Website Design /development Training / Another Website Review Needed / How To Secure Your Online Password

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.