Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,359 members, 7,920,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 03:25 AM

Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life (41697 Views)

The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. / Any lady that says YES to these questions can't remain single for long. / Reasons Why A Lot Of Ladies Who Seek To Marry Still Remain Single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 21, 2013
That's NL for you gathering of dumb women who talk anything but sense...These bitter women replying here are from broken or abusive home....now they want to put their anger on innocent men, look at them screaming the man "must", we must share the house chores shocked, Tufiakwa...the day you pay our dowry is the day helping will b a must... Utter rubbish
Don't you have kids? Or househelp..

Do you think I did all that when I was single to do it again when Im married?

I will certainly help but It's not an obligation

Lol, @ people talking about 1950 and 2013 , talking about moving forward? Why don't you fight against dowry and bride prices which are money suckers
Why don't you battle to share the dowry with us?

Hypocrites.

That's Nl's women for u : dumb, bitter, angry ,frustrated.

17 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 21, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: That's NL for you gathering of dumb women who talk anything but sense...These bitter women replying here are from broken or abusive home....now they want to put their anger on innocent men, look at them screaming the man "must", we must share the house chores shocked, Tufiakwa...the day you pay our dowry is the day helping will b a must... Utter rubbish
Don't you have kids? Or househelp..

Do you think I did all that when I was single to do it again when Im married?

I will certainly help but It's not an obligation

Lol, @ people talking about 1950 and 2013 , talking about moving forward? Why don't you fight against dowry and bride prices which are money suckers
Why don't you battle to share the dowry with us?

Hypocrites.

That's Nl's women for u : dumb, bitter, angry ,frustrated.

as much as i hate the comment, you do have a point,because the concept is that if ladies want to adopt the modern era, that's not bad,but its hypocritical to allow bride price if truly its all about gender equality because that totally undermines it. hmmmmmm strong point
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by LEADWIRE: 8:31pm On Apr 21, 2013
@OP, You have done a wonderful job. Well done...
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by topmostg: 8:32pm On Apr 21, 2013
Mynd_44:
With the chores in you own house? What is bad about it?
oya, go grab mop na
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by plezant(f): 8:33pm On Apr 21, 2013
SniperInADiaper: ^^ the Op will marry an American grin

hahahaha
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by tjskii(f): 8:33pm On Apr 21, 2013
tongue tongue

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Idowuogbo(f): 8:35pm On Apr 21, 2013
Henhen? Adeniyi don reach front page? Superstar, o Ma try ke undecided undecided
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 21, 2013
@tjskii i like your profile pix, i call it "Family Zone" the next level after "FriendZone". grin
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by emiye(m): 8:38pm On Apr 21, 2013
PrettySpicey:

when I first read ds i just had a problem with No2 but now am beginning to have a problem with YOUR MINDSET.
It's all well and good for a women to get of her lazy ass and go get a degree/skill and contribute FINANCIALLY to the upkeep of d house.
But it's okay for d man to remain seated on his royal ass and NOT contribute DOMESTICALLY to the upkeep of d home.
Reason: HE IS A MAN.
So doing a little house chore will shrivel up d 'little man' down there.
Please Ade, get out of your superior CAVEMAN Island.
And don't bother with insults here, this one is married to one not THREATENED by a little act on equality.

you are not getting his point, what he meant is that most chores are PRIMARILY the duty of the wife.

Whatever the man contributes as regards house chores is SECONDARY.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by bomly(f): 8:40pm On Apr 21, 2013
HHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

SO TAY PEOPLE NOR DEY PRAY FOR THEMSELF AGAIN BUT PROBLEM FROM MEN SHIOR, I DEY LAUGH OHHHH

tjskii: tongue tongue

Everything this poster has said is right from his perspective and some others but not from everyone, it would be applicable for some and not for some.

I beg you poster with God, make una Love una love watin una get, forget no better human being from anywhere ohhhh, nor deceive yourself, why did our parents and grand parents fight? didn't you still see that their were broken homes in the past? abi polygamy was what oooo?

Bride price people; Who go stop am? in your village how many women make traditional laws? you said it's a mans world, nah una make the law, make only una go stop am because women self tire.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by kekilika: 8:41pm On Apr 21, 2013
This is actually a woman's world but our african ladies dnt know it instead they copy the western world whose package most time dont sell but we accept them as been right. Take note every thing we do is for the women. With subtle way, women can force a man to do their bidding by love, charm, cajoling and petting. Ask king solomon. But arroant girls dont know this. Instead they go about shouting genital equality. I am not againt men helping out in chores but ladies need to know how to approach their spouse who see it as a favour or an obligation. However, no man will marry you to kill with chores. In all early marriage thou, men help until children starts rolling in who would then assist. If your man sees it as an obligation, nothing stop you from gettin an aged house upkeep manager(old househelp), afterall, in old african settin, you are been married out with a maid. So tough girls on this forum, love conquereth many battles not your bookoru, tenacity or views of life.

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by dokunbam(m): 8:41pm On Apr 21, 2013
they wouldnt want to face it
But that is so true
But they will learn the hard way
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by anitank(f): 8:42pm On Apr 21, 2013
bomly:

Nah people like una kill my friend so, African woman my feet, Woman body nah fire wood? even fire wood burns to ash. MEN get it right there is no woman who can do all the house chores, eh nor dey ooooo. and wait, why are you people dragging women backward and want to move forward? Women I nor say make una nor do house chores ooo, I am only saying try as much as you body can take you, nor go cook until you die, know when to rest and when to stop and when to seek for help.

People move forward and face front, if you want to stick to the old believe, move backward and face back.
LOL!! Why u de vex na.
Truth is wether u like it or not, once u get married u'll be the one running ur home, and that includes chores. Nobody says u shld kill urself oo, dats why u'll need to get a househelp if necessary. This is what's obtainable in most Nigerian homes, we can't act like we are not aware of these things. So getting married and expecting him to join hands and do chores with u will be a big joke on u
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by fonssy(f): 8:42pm On Apr 21, 2013
Love is the ultimate criteria. How do you explain girls who were wayward in universities, wear to much make up, can't cook, wear over exposed dresses, go to all clubs and parties in town still end up marrying early and to the best husbands and yet the good girls with all the wifeable qualities are still single praying and fasting for a husband. Most times when the finally marry, its to a man that wiLl give them headache.

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 21, 2013
BY1434: @OP,May Allah bless you for sharing this with us,its so on point,i hope the ladies will listen cos this brainwashing is what is killing them.............when you have gave the guy all he would like to have after marriage,how do you expect him to respect you...sex b4 marriage is evil.dont loose ur virgie for peanut

My english lecturer is alive.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 21, 2013
pc guru:

as much as i hate the comment, you do have a point,because the concept is that if ladies want to adopt the modern era, that's not bad,but its hypocritical to allow bride price if truly its all about gender equality because that totally undermines it. hmmmmmm strong point

Yes ooo, if she pays my bride price and provides for me, i will seat back and do the home chores.

#who likes suffering# smh.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 21, 2013
Nice pointssss. As i dey now i no fit marry a gurl wey no sabi her way around the kitchen and knows how to keep the home clean. Tufiakwa God forbid that kind of lady
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Chomzy19(f): 8:51pm On Apr 21, 2013
anitank: And for those talking about sharing chores....

A full blown African lady shld not expect her man to do chores with her, wether its his house or not. He can decide to help her (most reasonable ones definitely would), but its certainly not an obligation for them
but most full blown African men does not want a liability? They want a wife who can contribute financially, but they can decide to help ornot when they wish? ... If a man wants an african marriage then he should provide everything money-wise and d lady shld only help when she wants to but if it is for all these men that expect there wives to tk up sm part of d financial responsibility of the household then they better also take up sm responsibility in household chores...
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 21, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 21, 2013
Chomzy19: but most full blown African men does not want a liability? They want a wife who can contribute financially, but they can decide to help ornot when they wish? ... If a man wants an african marriage then he should provide everything money-wise and d lady shld only help when she wants to but if it is for all these men that expect there wives to tk up sm part of d financial responsibility of the household then they better also take up sm responsibility in household chores...

I agree with you intoto...

But most women dont contribute financially in the african setting.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by ememogor(f): 9:01pm On Apr 21, 2013
Story.....story......................stoooooooooooory.....End of story grin
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Chomzy19(f): 9:01pm On Apr 21, 2013
emiye:

you are not getting his point, what he meant is that most chores are PRIMARILY the duty of the wife.

Whatever the man contributes as regards house chores is SECONDARY.
yes I agree the man's contribution as regard chores is secondary but the POINT is that there must be CONTRIBUTION not discretionary help
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by anitank(f): 9:11pm On Apr 21, 2013
Chomzy19: but most full blown African men does not want a liability? They want a wife who can contribute financially, but they can decide to help ornot when they wish? ... If a man wants an african marriage then he should provide everything money-wise and d lady shld only help when she wants to but if it is for all these men that expect there wives to tk up sm part of d financial responsibility of the household then they better also take up sm responsibility in household chores...
That is what they'd always say but the real truth is that an average Nigerian man wants to be able to take care of the every need in his home.

Most of them don't even care how much their wives earn monthly, just don't be idle,do something and be productive. U never know how things might turn out for him tomorrow
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by LaBonito(f): 9:12pm On Apr 21, 2013
Nice one tho! Men r goats! Dey no sabi anything at allllll, let dem thank dia God dat in Nigeria na dem dey propose marriage,if not, dey no fit try all des rubbish na!! Decent or no decent dressing bla bla bla, dey kns where dia hearts belong, ekwusigom.

3 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Strongbest(m): 9:13pm On Apr 21, 2013
princemedico: On point and very true unlike the load of dos and don'ts we get here. Many ladies are victims of No. 4, they feel they are being social or jovial while they are doing damage.
. And sum ppl wil stil find sumthn wrng wit d post. The truth is so bitter.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Josephnice: 9:16pm On Apr 21, 2013
DailyNews: @OP, it is nice and for copyrite reasons for you to always acknowledge the original writer of a story/article. This piece you re-posted here was my original work. It is not only you that have done same, but I have seen lots of my works copied entirely and re-posted, and re-published in different blogs and sites without even saying thank you to the original writer, or dropping link to my personal blog where I publish most of these works, like I do when I copy another writer, which is me. That's bad, and it speaks bad of our reputation as Nigerians because I have heard several incidents where some foreign bloggers and article writers wrote me personally to ask for my permission to re-post and re-publish my work on their sites, and I gave them terms, and sometimes they invite me to be a guest writer on their sites/blogs.

Pls bro, next time, acknowledge the original writer for your own good image and honour. Thanks
DailyNews: @OP, it is nice and for copyrite reasons for you to always acknowledge the original writer of a story/article. This piece you re-posted here was my original work. It is not only you that have done same, but I have seen lots of my works copied entirely and re-posted, and re-published in different blogs and sites without even saying thank you to the original writer, or dropping link to my personal blog where I publish most of these works, like I do when I copy another writer, which is me. That's bad, and it speaks bad of our reputation as Nigerians because I have heard several incidents where some foreign bloggers and article writers wrote me personally to ask for my permission to re-post and re-publish my work on their sites, and I gave them terms, and sometimes they invite me to be a guest writer on their sites/blogs.

Pls bro, next time, acknowledge the original writer for your own good image and honour. Thanks

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by bomly(f): 9:17pm On Apr 21, 2013
2. Many African ladies now dislike cooking and home chores just because they had been totally brainwashed by movies showcasing men playing the role of women in a family, and due to excessive exposure to modern media that promotes gender-equality in a destructive way that’s aimed at destroying the unique African family setting that made our previous African marriages everlasting and envious to the westerns. Now, with this attitude, how do you expect a African man to desire to marry when he knows he is only buying more headache and trouble than helper for himself?

I went back to read the initial post and when I saw no 2, I didn't even bother to read any further because people who agree completely to this just have their minds made up and would never change, so my advice is, you would still find such ladies but it has to be those in the village or those who would completely give up their live for you and here are what I find unacceptable with this post.

1) Many African ladies now dislike cooking and home chores just because they had been totally brainwashed by movies showcasing men playing the role of women in a family: List what are the roles of men and roles of women in a family, this way I would better understand what you meant

2)promotes gender-equality: What does this word mean to you?

3) he is only buying: Tell me what slavery is, how does this differ from slavery ( Slavery is a system under which people are treated as property to be bought and sold, and are forced to work.) You are buying a whole human being right? in the name of marriage.

WOMEN I ADVICE YOU TO RUN FROM THIS KIND OF PERSON THAT STILL BELIEVES IN BUYING WOMEN and pretend under the name of marriage.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by dljbd1(m): 9:20pm On Apr 21, 2013
This write-up would have been incomplete without point 9...thank God it's there for the ladies to read!
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by 190: 9:21pm On Apr 21, 2013
undecided undecided

Tjiskii i see you undecided undecided

Just continue undecided undecided
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Strongbest(m): 9:23pm On Apr 21, 2013
Let dem dat hav earz hear (let dem dat hav eyez read). The truth hurtz alot, especially if u'r guilty...
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by qenneth: 9:23pm On Apr 21, 2013
God must surely bless you for this writeup. Good observation and advise if the ladies will hear.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by obi4eze(m): 9:26pm On Apr 21, 2013
What a relief! This is one of the best write-ups I've seen on this forum.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reno Omokri On Stingy Women Association: 'Open A Business, Not Your Legs' / Election Couple Getting Married This Weekend (photos) / "From Tutorial To Alter"; Young Couple Set To Wed After 7 Years Of Dating. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.