Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,273 members, 7,967,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 04:12 AM

Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life (41743 Views)

The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. / Any lady that says YES to these questions can't remain single for long. / Reasons Why A Lot Of Ladies Who Seek To Marry Still Remain Single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by AdeniyiA(m): 9:27pm On Apr 21, 2013
some of points listed above are as a result of improper upbringing n sort of vicious cycle of faulty foundation.it started from homes where the child/ren was/were overpampered;the children are left watchin tv,playin games,etc.
.while their mother do not bother to call them.
i hold the beliv that when a child,esp d girl child,
starts to walk,he/she shud start learnin how to cook,wash n bath him/herself,. but wat do u see nowadays,househelps have totally taken over the responsibilities of the children at home,leavin them rotten n decayed domestically. the housegirls most times come out of homes better wife material than the spoilt brats.
this trend continues like dt n when they eventually get married to the unfortunate men, the cycle continues,it's gettin increasingly alarming

1 Like

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by obi123: 9:29pm On Apr 21, 2013
druid06: I think the topic hit a nerves to the ladies on nairaland as the comments I've been seeing from them are negative ones. The article is absolutely right and it's time we come back to reality. Africa in general is slowly loosing it's culture dignity and pride with everyone trying to copy what they see on T.V especially our ladies. I've always known I would never get married to a Nigerian lady or an african one for that. For me, it's an Asian woman all the way. They seem to have reserve their cultures and tradition. I've always listen to guys married to Asian ladies about how their wives are down to earth and does the right thing a woman is supposed to in a marriage.

oh PULEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Ericsdm55(m): 9:29pm On Apr 21, 2013
mondi_cheeks: if he gets his own clothes dirty, when he gets hungry its shoudnt be seen as an OBLIGATION on her to cook or do his laundry, after all its his tummy and his clothes
I pity your mentality. Hear youself.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Beync(f): 9:30pm On Apr 21, 2013
DailyNews: @OP, it is nice and for copyrite reasons for you to always acknowledge the original writer of a story/article. This piece you re-posted here was my original work. It is not only you that have done same, but I have seen lots of my works copied entirely and re-posted, and re-published in different blogs and sites without even saying thank you to the original writer, or dropping link to my personal blog where I publish most of these works, like I do when I copy another writer, which is me. That's bad, and it speaks bad of our reputation as Nigerians because I have heard several incidents where some foreign bloggers and article writers wrote me personally to ask for my permission to re-post and re-publish my work on their sites, and I gave them terms, and sometimes they invite me to be a guest writer on their sites/blogs.

Pls bro, next time, acknowledge the original writer for your own good image and honour. Thanks
don't mind him jore. that is why the op remain single for life, copying a work without referencing the writer. wetin u been talk for the original letter sef? tongue undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by bomly(f): 9:34pm On Apr 21, 2013
Adeniyi A.:
some of points listed above are as a result of improper upbringing n sort of vicious cycle of faulty foundation.it started from homes where the child/ren was/were overpampered;the children are left watchin tv,playin games,etc.
.while their mother do not bother to call them.
i hold the beliv that when a child,esp d girl child,
starts to walk,he/she shud start learnin how to cook,wash n bath him/herself,. but wat do u see nowadays,househelps have totally taken over the responsibilities of the children at home,leavin them rotten n decayed domestically. the housegirls most times come out of homes better wife material than the spoilt brats.
this trend continues like dt n when they eventually get married to the unfortunate men, the cycle continues,it's gettin increasingly alarming

Superman have spoken. Answer the question, why you post here without reference baba plagiarism
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by BankuTilapia: 9:36pm On Apr 21, 2013
U didn't mention bleaching. Number talent of most nigerian women. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by obi123: 9:38pm On Apr 21, 2013
why do people believe that everyone wants to get married , some people are not cut out for marriage and are not working towards it .
Not everyone's to do list includes getting married and having kids
Marriage these days involves two selfish people with their own hidden agendas, little or no love and lots of baggage, offering nothing much really, with larger than life expectations of what they themselves are not offering(even God himself cant help them in the sham called their marriage).
Some people don't want the wahala and will happily remain single, so please rest with giving the impression that there is something wrong with being single, its not a disease u know.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Raymondgabriel(m): 9:38pm On Apr 21, 2013
sista-jay:
Blah. . . . blah . . . . blah and blah love em or hate them, you'll still end up with one.

wit reasonable 1. boobs n a hole doesnt mak u a woman cos Animals do hav both also!!!
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by StateOfMind: 9:40pm On Apr 21, 2013
Are nigerian women tormenting nigerian men these days? Almost all the threads lately have been about different advice to women *phew* . Una no dey tire?

Seriously don't you guys have something worthwhile to do with your lives than to sit, analyse, draft, edit, and then paste different garbage called advice on this site about nigerian women?

Na so we dey control your thoughts and minds. Please y'all should get busy, its getting really boring and I'm becoming ashamed of you.

7 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by stevecantrell: 9:46pm On Apr 21, 2013
Most of the single 30 something females I know are single because

* they made a pact at some point in their life never to marry. Maybe a really bad relationship or seeing their parents go thru bad marriage.

* they were very brainy, religious or both and didn't have time for the opposite sex until they woke up at 28 , only to find no one around anymore.

* they listened to bad counsel, either from clueless 'friends' or their bitchy mother.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by bomly(f): 9:46pm On Apr 21, 2013
StateOfMind: Are nigerian women tormenting nigerian men these days? Almost all the threads lately have been about different advice to women *phew* . Una no dey tire?

Seriously don't you guys have something worthwhile to do with your lives than to sit, analyse, draft, edit, and then paste different garbage called advice on this site about nigerian women?

Na so we dey control your thoughts and minds. Please y'all should get busy, its getting really boring and I'm becoming ashamed of you.

Yeah Thanks for this post.

The men should stop trying to manipulate women minds. If you need a wife focus on yourself, you would get one and stop advising women on how you want them controlled. if you buy your own control her ( you understand marriage as a trade), if you want a union then understand her. Women are dying everyday in Nigeria and you don't think you should be advising on how to close the inequality gap rather your here celebrating inequality in the name of in the past. where you born in the past? why do you want to live the life of the past?

3 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by stevecantrell: 9:48pm On Apr 21, 2013
StateOfMind: Are nigerian women tormenting nigerian men these days? Almost all the threads lately have been about different advice to women *phew* . Una no dey tire?

Yeah, I know what you're saying. But what is up with Nigerian women ?? No smoke without fire..
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by loswhite(m): 9:49pm On Apr 21, 2013
Mynd_44: ^^
Do they live in that house together? If they do why can't they share chores?
like d way ur father and mother did right?
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Blazinraj01(f): 9:56pm On Apr 21, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: That's NL for you gathering of dumb women who talk anything but sense...These bitter women replying here are from broken or abusive home....now they want to put their anger on innocent men, look at them screaming the man "must", we must share the house chores shocked, Tufiakwa...the day you pay our dowry is the day helping will b a must... Utter rubbish
Don't you have kids? Or househelp..

Do you think I did all that when I was single to do it again when Im married?

I will certainly help but It's not an obligation

Lol, @ people talking about 1950 and 2013 , talking about moving forward? Why don't you fight against dowry and bride prices which are money suckers
Why don't you battle to share the dowry with us?

Hypocrites.

That's Nl's women for u : dumb, bitter, angry ,frustrated.

Hmmm: Dumbass, Noted

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Strongbest(m): 9:56pm On Apr 21, 2013
La Bonito: Nice one tho! Men r goats! Dey no sabi anything at allllll, let dem thank dia God dat in Nigeria na dem dey propose marriage,if not, dey no fit try all des rubbish na!! Decent or no decent dressing bla bla bla, dey kns where dia hearts belong, ekwusigom.
Men are goatz huh? Wow! Uhmmmm, ya father is a man rght(one of d goatz). M jxt askin cus anytin happns dese dayz....as in, product of same sex marriage....Goat begets goat. Lol. No offense plzzz!
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 21, 2013
T0T0 NO DEY TALK TRUE
MANY WOMEN NA GLORIFIED ASEWO
MAKE GOD HELP US
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by bomly(f): 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2013
Babzilla: T0T0 NO DEY TALK TRUE
MANY WOMEN NA GLORIFIED ASEWO
MAKE GOD HELP US

How old are you?

1 Like

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2013
What chores are we even talking about, you women talk like you are working in plantations ....

What's there to share?
Washing two spoons/forks?
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by finepris(f): 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2013
Am so hungry.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by coretechng(m): 10:00pm On Apr 21, 2013
jobaskia: @adeniyi. It should really be a favor not an obligation because women once given a meter they go extra mile. I do a lot of house chores at home whenever i feel i should do.

You don't need to tell me this is what that has to be done.God forbid a scenario whereby marriage crashes, i won't feel it that much coz i can do virtually everything except the key thing i cannot do myself.
Whats the key thing? grin grin grin

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by bomly(f): 10:01pm On Apr 21, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: What chores are we even talking about, you women talk like you are working in plantations ....

What's there to share?
Washing two spoons/forks?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin u funny, okay if nah two spoon and two forks I nor mind, no need to share. Go watch match I go wash am
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by sayitout1: 10:14pm On Apr 21, 2013
mondi_cheeks: like turning into a zombie jus to have someone else's surname as my own? There is a reason why its 2013 not the 1950s anymore u adapt to it. Women had to adapt to going to receiving degrees and getting jobs jus like men,what makes a man too special to help wit taking care of his household (chores)

Behold another one! Its not the right time to expree your frustration. I believe the OP really steped on you.

Learn and make amendment. You are just blabbing but deep down in you, you desire to get married but doesn't know how to go about it.

...this might be the opportunity to learn that you have.

3 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by LaBonito(f): 10:15pm On Apr 21, 2013
Strongbest: Men are goatz huh? Wow! Uhmmmm, ya father is a man rght(one of d goatz). M jxt askin cus anytin happns dese dayz....as in, product of same sex marriage....Goat begets goat. Lol. No offense plzzz!
dey r nt only goats buh dogs as well! Decent or no decent dressing or the bla bla bla mentioned above,all na rubbish infact cos men kns where dia heart belong!!!
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 21, 2013
Someone just complained about his article being stolen and no one is saying anything about it. The person accused has not come forward to defend himself, so I take it that he's truly guilty of plagiarism. Is this what brainless folks in Nigeria have degenerated to? Taking credit for another person's work? This is tantamount to stealing... If you can't think and write a sensible post and all you do is copy and paste others work, atleast save yourself the shame by referencing the original author... Smh for you! It wouldn't be a curse if I say you will also labour and not reap the fruit.

3 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 21, 2013
Hahahaaaaa...same old war of the sexes i see playing itself out here. Its a mind game; cheap words being bandied here and there. The boys, being all macho and trying hard to intimidate the girls into a guilty submission; the girls, feministic and staunchly refusing to genuflect in this 21st century- giving as much as they receive. Yet, its more like a badly written Nigerian film script, because where marriage is involved, both boy and girl know how it will eventually end, from the very beginning. So catch fun trading words on NL, while reality beckons. Lolllll.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by 190: 10:30pm On Apr 21, 2013
seriously subscribed to this thread

grin grin grin grin am loving this grin grin grin
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by 190: 10:31pm On Apr 21, 2013
steve_cantrell: Most of the single 30 something females I know are single because

* they made a pact at some point in their life never to marry. Maybe a really bad relationship or seeing their parents go thru bad marriage.

* they were very brainy, religious or both and didn't have time for the opposite sex until they woke up at 28 , only to find no one around anymore.

* they listened to bad counsel, either from clueless 'friends' or their bitchy mother.

True

Ive encountered 3 of such ladies including my ex and her beechy mother grin grin grin

Today shes still single and bastardly searching grin grin grin

do or die grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Chebaby2: 10:40pm On Apr 21, 2013
donguutti: 10.Stalking our social profiles,watching our every move on FB,BBM and even NL is not a marriage inspiring
quality.
But,op, are you trying to ruin my Year with Number 7.oga please remove it from the list.
he is very right have u heard of sch marriage in our sch 2day wat do u expect after livin lyk a ,arried man eat do u expect?
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by ghboy: 10:52pm On Apr 21, 2013
late reply but i have to agree with the OP on most points. it's everywhere now esp in Ghana here. i had a girl who said she wouldnt do chores. not even cook. i was like "why am i even wasting time with you". modern girls believe so much in gender equality. they believe since both parents are bread winners in recent times then chores must be shared. you can get a banker lady calling her husband to cook with the rice cooker cos she'd be late from work. she expects as she tidies the house on weekends, the man also do something like ironing. if she washes, the man dries the clothes, if she goes to market, the man at least scrub or dust the furniture (all these before the kids are born obviously). i make it clear to ladies i hate kitchen chores. only thing i do without complaining is ironing and washing the car. but a girl openly say she wont do chores and stresses on dishwashers n washing machines is a timebomb. you wont wash, clean and cook? but paint ur face like a clown in the name of makeup? no thank you

3 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 21, 2013
Adeniyi A.:
[b] Reasons Why Some African Ladies End Up Single For Life

7. You Give Everything Out During Dating- As a single lady who has not been taken to the altar, you need to reserve some things for your husband to be, especially your body, respect it and preserve it at all cost. In the past, men rushed to marry to get certain things or privileges they had been constantly denied while being single. Such privileges include and not limited to: constant sex and companionship, good food and tidied home, etc. But today, a single man gets even the best and of course more of constant sex, good food and excellent home-keeping more than his married counterparts, so tell me how the hell you want him to desire to marry you when you have given him virtually everything he desires from a wife while being his girlfriend? And the most painful part of it all is that he knows that you are prepared to cut down on sex supply, cooking, home-keeping, etc once he marries you, so why would he not want you to remain his girlfriend for life?[/b]

It would have been an excellent article, if not for this nonsensical no.7.

Things have evolved, and so we must evolve with the times.it is permissible to deny your boyfriend/potential husband sex ONLY when you're sure you are a virgin. Besides the FACT that supply of sex is abundant these days, many guys have had the bitter experience (first hand, second hand, or third hand) of their girlfriends or fiancees, or hard-to-get forming 'toastee' denying them sex supposedly because she is waiting until marriage, while she is secretly phucking several other guys (sharper guys, richer guys, bosses, lecturers, customers, connectors, etc). Simply put, many potential husbands that are wise enough would NEVER waste time with a girl that denies them sex for longer than is reasonable, especially when she is not a virgin. You can take this fact to the bank.

This is one reason why many self-acclaimed 'good girls' are still 'jonsing' in their 30s, whereas supposed 'loose' or 'bad girls' are 'happily' married to good husbands. Deny your man sex at your own peril. If you are a virgin, by all means, yes. If you're not, forget it.

Other than this necessary intervention, I agree with most of the other points in the article.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by paragwua: 10:56pm On Apr 21, 2013
why adviceing them.now who will satisfy my sexual urge if all women choose to listen to u.they should wait for now.atleast am not done with punny yet. Chai my girl don sleep ooo.i go woke am up by 2 am for some round.b4 she see this thread
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Seyixyz: 11:03pm On Apr 21, 2013
Very arrogant gurls o..Dem no go learn nw..Na 2dey argue..Som1 gave u a gud piece & i read 1 Ode sayin 'Who cares'..I pity una..Una neva old finish..Thank God,i'm a guy sha..I can stil marry @ 50 & ma winnie wil stil b well functional..Can i get dat 4 a lady?I don't tink so

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Spot A Gigolo / Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me / Single Lady Prays For Husband In 2018 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.