Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,414 members, 7,881,520 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:11 PM

Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating (10201 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Ghana Vs Cape Verde - AFCON 2013 - (2 - 0) On 2nd February 2013 / Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by Jarus(m): 10:06am On Jan 10, 2013
1, Ejide: Made a couple of good saves, even though it was more of bad finishing from the Cape Verdean strikers. Later had muscle pull. 6

2, Yobo: Brought experience to bear on a couple of occasions, also stopped ball a couple of times, but he should have done better. Having played at big clubs and world stage, can't believe he was part of defence that was overrun several times by the CV forwards 5

3, Oshaniwa: Below average. Not spectacular in the back. Routed by CV attackers.4

4, Echiejile: I still don't know why Keshi picked this guy ahead of Taiye Taiwo. Even if TT is useless in defending, he adds bite to attack. Echiejile is both useless in defending and making attacking runs to assist the left winger. Yesterday was no different. Gave the ball away many times. Coudlnt stop the CV guys meandering through our defence. Poor passes and finishing too 2

5, Onazi : Bad game for Eagles yesternight. Not the Onazi we knew. Made our midfield so porous while the CV had a field day, especially in first half. Gave ball away so unprofessionally. Did little in second half 3

6, Mikel : The only average performer in Eagles midfield before Igiebor came on board. Didn't do much in first half as CV overran our midfield but did a yeoman job in second half, having goal attempt as well as distributing passes although the guys at the other couldn't catch up with the passes for most time 6.5

7, Ogude : Lost in a midfield overrun by the CV 3

8, Musa : a couple of moves on the flanks but poor final ball 5

9, Moses : below average capped with unnecessary kick of opponent when he became frustrated 4

10, Emenike : average performance, especially on the wings, tried to push in several times, not selfish though 5

11, Oboabona : our best defender of the night, tried in stopping the onslaught of the CV attackers, but water pass garri 6

SUBS

1, Igiebor : easily the man of the match, came in and stabilized the midfield, making second half a lot better 7

2, Ideye : Introduced in second half but couldn't do anything spectacular 4

3, IK Uche : made a couple of efforts when he came in, but wasn't able to penetrate 5

4, Enyeama : Not tested like Ejide but still inspired confidence 5

5, Omeruo : good game for him, even as a defender, pushed forward and had a goal attempt. Also charged forward 6

MAN OF THE MATCH: Igiebor
FLOP OF THE MATCH: Ogude

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by Afam4eva(m): 10:09am On Jan 10, 2013
Even though i didn't watch the game yesterday but truth be be told, we don't have a team that can overun an average team. We have bunch of average players who have nothing spectacular. Even our best players are not in the best of clubs. We have to accept that our footbal has taken a dive down.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by Jarus(m): 10:09am On Jan 10, 2013
6, Mikel : The only average performer in Eagles midfield before Igiebor came on board. Didn't do much in first half as CV overran our midfield but did a yeoman job in second half, having goal attempt as well as distributing passes although the guys at the other couldn't catch up with the passes for most time 6.5

9, Moses : below average capped with unnecessary kick of opponent when he became frustrated 4

10, Emenike : average performance, especially on the wings, tried to push in several times, not selfish though 5

11, Oboabona : our best defender of the night, tried in stopping the onslaught of the CV attackers, but water pass garri 6
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by maclatunji: 10:29am On Jan 10, 2013
Woeful performance all through.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by Jarus(m): 10:30am On Jan 10, 2013
SUBS

1, Igiebor : easily the man of the match, came in and stabilized the midfield, making second half a lot better 7

3, IK Uche : made a couple of efforts when he came in, but wasn't able to penetrate 5

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by semid4lyfe(m): 11:14am On Jan 10, 2013
Kenneth Omeruo was also one of the subs. He started the 2nd half @ right-back in place of Efe Ambrose and he did pretty well IMO.

He's missing from your player rating?
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by akintun: 11:21am On Jan 10, 2013
I saw d first half, and only part of d second half . I believe d guys can improve in SA. The truth is dat Martis, Osaze, and TT deserve to be in dat team. This is d Nations cup, and we all know dat Nigeria usually perform well, infact since 1976 we have been d most consistent team at d Nation cup, so we expect nothing less than a semi-final place with dis set of average and below average players.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by Bobbystanley(m): 11:27am On Jan 10, 2013
With such miserable perfomance i saw yesternight,we are doomed in south africa...we need to be more aggressive wen attacking and stop dis slow motion football.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by Awhalin: 11:27am On Jan 10, 2013
afam4eva: Even though i didn't watch the game yesterday but truth be be told, we don't have a team that can overun an average team. We have bunch of average players who have nothing spectacular. Even our best players are not in the best of clubs. We have to accept that our footbal has taken a dive down.

THAT IS A FACT.

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by abdulkayus(m): 11:32am On Jan 10, 2013
Hmmmmm, na God go help 9ja in SA. Bt sincerely speaking, we need Osaze, Martins and Taiye Taiwo in dat team.
CIAO
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 10, 2013
Dia is stil room 4 improvement, but Efe Ambrose is rily a disaster in dat right full back. 4 God sake why wil Keshi nt pick guys like Okonkwo or Mohamed Yusuf? I bet u, most sectators dat will watch Zambia/Nigeria match may end up with hrt atacks <lol> But luck always see us tru, we ar waitng 4 d day.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by toprealman: 11:33am On Jan 10, 2013
Glad I don't know when the nations cup kicks off!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by vanstanzy(m): 11:33am On Jan 10, 2013
For me, Mikel Obis' performance was the most dismal of the night. Couldn't hold the midfield and so couldn't inspire confidence in our players. Forget the team captain, No 10 is the soul of every team.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by Johnnoah1st: 11:33am On Jan 10, 2013
Jarus: 1, Ejide: Made a couple of good saves, even though it was more of bad finishing from the Cape Verdean strikers. Later had muscle pull. 6

2, Yobo: Brought experience to bear on a couple of occasions, also stopped ball a couple of times, but he should have done better. Having played at big clubs and world stage, can't believe he was part of defence that was overrun several times by the CV forwards 5

3, Oshaniwa: Below average. Not spectacular in the back. Routed by CV attackers.4

4, Echiejile: I still don't know why Keshi picked this guy ahead of Taiye Taiwo. Even if TT is useless in defending, he adds bite to attack. Echiejile is both useless in defending and making attacking runs to assist the left winger. Yesterday was no different. Gave the ball away many times. Coudlnt stop the CV guys meandering through our defence. Poor passes and finishing too 2

5, Onazi : Bad game for Eagles yesternight. Not the Onazi we knew. Made our midfield so porous while the CV had a field day, especially in first half. Gave ball away so unprofessionally. Did little in second half 3

SUBS

ok
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by pgiddy(m): 11:34am On Jan 10, 2013
I totally disagree with ur ratings for Emenike,d guy z as useless as the potty in my house.I'll prefer a more clinical dike bright to him.and also u 4got to rate d poorest player in a green white green jersey yesterday, efe ambrose,I'll rate him -2.I'll prefer we take those boys dat played against catalonia to Afcon,and mayb jez add Mikel obi and nosa igbiebor to d midfield to make it stronger and maybe a joseph yobo in defence (experience wise), and victor moses in d wings(that's if he comes back to his right senses)to spice it up. I bet yhu nigeria will b d team to beat.those boyss against catalonia are more hungry 4 glory dan dis ones ydy.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by floriana(m): 11:46am On Jan 10, 2013
Jarus: 6, Mikel : The only average performer in Eagles midfield before Igiebor came on board. Didn't do much in first half as CV overran our midfield but did a yeoman job in second half, having goal attempt as well as distributing passes although the guys at the other couldn't catch up with the passes for most time 6.5

Retweeted
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by Okijajuju1(m): 11:52am On Jan 10, 2013
Nice rating....

That match was very uninspiring and discouraging!!

Its obvious that we missed an Osaze in team. Echiejile was terrible.. I doubt Taye Taiwo could have been worse than that. Ejide was good, but looked unfit. Moses showed gross unprofessionalism in that match.. Mikels passes were not connecting.. The team showed no cohesion whatsoever.

We missed;

Osaze Odewingie

Joel Obi

Martins Obafemi

The outlook for the Nations cup is not too bright...

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by honeric01(m): 11:52am On Jan 10, 2013
Yet some people were comparing Rabiu Ibrahim to Nosa Igiebor.

The latter is far far far more exposed/better than the former.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by Maxymilliano(m): 11:56am On Jan 10, 2013
Going by yesterday's game, the Nations Cup is as good as gone. The Eagles performance was below average and lacking in quality. Emenike will be a disaster at the tournament and I don't see the team shrugging of their usual lethargic. Perfomance
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by lavivifubs: 12:01pm On Jan 10, 2013
The CVs were apparently better than the Eagles. However Keshi should learn from the game and make corrections before the commencement of the AFCON. The Eagles have to make their presence felt in SA.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by semid4lyfe(m): 12:02pm On Jan 10, 2013
honeric01: Yet some people 12large and thegoodjoehunt were comparing Rabiu Ibrahim with Nosa Igiebor.

The latter is far far far more exposed/better than the former.

Fixed your post.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by honeric01(m): 12:07pm On Jan 10, 2013
semid4lyfe:

Fixed your post.

Heheh my brother, they're more than just 2 o, some people with sentiments.

Rabiu should concentrate on how to get a regular playing time, if i were him, i would go to a small club where i can play regular football. if you can't play regularly, you won't develop. infact he should go to Segunda division in spain, like Villareal B, Barcelona B or Elche, then build his career from there.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by Arsenate(m): 12:07pm On Jan 10, 2013
Musa deserves at least a 6. His pace was causing problems for the Cape Verdeans all night.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by Jarus(m): 12:12pm On Jan 10, 2013
honeric01:

Rabiu should concentrate on how to get a regular playing time, if i were him, i would go to a small club where i can play regular football. if you can't play regularly, you won't develop. infact he should go to Segunda division in spain, like Villareal B, Barcelona B or Elche, then build his career from there.
I tire o. Even after watching him disappoiting in about 5 matches he has featured for Nigeria NT, people still use his performance at under-17 some 5 years ago to judge him today.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by semid4lyfe(m): 12:17pm On Jan 10, 2013
honeric01:

He's already moved from Celtic and signed for another Scottish Premier league side, Kilmarnock FC and he's been promised regular playing time there.

I also have had high hopes for him but if he's that good, then why hasn't he been able to break into the fist team of all the clubs he's signed for?

Away from Rabiu, I really wish Bright Dike had made the final 23-man list. HE DESERVED TO BE ON THE LIST.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by honeric01(m): 12:17pm On Jan 10, 2013
Jarus:
I tire o. Even after watching him disappoiting in about 5 matches he has featured for Nigeria NT, people still use his performance at under-17 some 5 years ago to judge him today.

It's very easy to know people who do not have any idea on what they're talking about from their comments, that's why i don't bother replying their post.

I also think we need to do something about our LB and RB, I believe Kenneth can really play that role (RB), as for LB, having just Taiwo as a replacement means we're in deep shit. Taiwo of today is no longer the Taiwo of 2005, hence the reason clubs are passing him around.

Does it mean that we don't have any good HB LB in our league? Echiejile is not that bad but very inconsistent.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by bong4(m): 12:17pm On Jan 10, 2013
As much as i was not satisfied with the playerspeformance yesterday (which i feel they did on purpose), we should avoid calling them useless and other names cos they are humans and playing football is not as easy as running commentaries with our mouth. The coach knows why he chose them. Just don't watch Nigeria matches with all your heart and of course expect little or nothing.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by honeric01(m): 12:19pm On Jan 10, 2013
semid4lyfe:

He's already moved from Celtic and signed for another Scottish Premier league side, Kilmarnock FC and he's been promised regular playing time there.

I also have had high hopes for him but if he's that good, then why hasn't he been able to break into the fist team of all the clubs he's signed for?

Away from Rabiu, I really wish Bright Dike had made the final 23-man list. HE DESERVED TO BE ON THE LIST.

Yes i know he's with Kilmarnock, but with the kind of player he is, he would have developed well in Spain and not in a place like Scotland.

Yes, Dike is more precise than Emenike, i just don't know why Keshi went for the latter and not the former.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by Jarus(m): 12:23pm On Jan 10, 2013
Still on Dike, I honestly don't know what Ejike is doing on that list. Na by force to include a home based if we don't have quality ones. Dike is better than Ejike and Keshi included Ejike ahead of Dike only to be seen as developing home-based. To me, Gabriel Reuben, Agbim and Oboabona are the only homebased that have business in that team.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating by uromicom: 12:26pm On Jan 10, 2013
watın happen to shola A why that stupid coach no release am newcastle own don finish ıf naija no perform well embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yakubu Wins Eurosport Premier League Goal Of The Week / Yohan Blake Beats Usain Bolt In Jamaican 100M Olympic Trials / Week 41 Bet9ja Pool Code For Saturday 13 April 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.