Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,142 members, 7,963,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 05:23 PM

University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission - Education (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission (819570 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission Processes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (1198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by ademipeju(f): 10:01am On Apr 25, 2013
Fynestboi: [size=50pt]EXAM MALPRACTICE: Stakeholders brainstorm, chart way forward[/size]

The menace of examination malpractice in Nigeria has assumed an alarming and embarrassing dimension in both external and internal examinations.
Worried by this ugly development, some stakeholders in the education sector gathered at the 9th Chrisgate International Summit (a motivational network success summit for students preparing for examinations), to discuss and seek ways out of the problem.
The speakers who included the President, Chrisgate International,Christopher Alabi; Managing Director, Mama’s Creche, Tonia Taiwo, and Mr. Folarin Olayinka, among others, were unanimous on the urgent need to find a lasting solution to the fraud called examination malpractice.
Guest Speaker, Managing Director Mama’s Creche ToniaTaiwo President Chrisgate International, Christopher Alabi and the Senior Pastor, The FountainGate Church, Andrew Eluwa at the Chrisgate Motivational Network Success Summit for students in Lagos.
Objective of the summit
According to the organisers, the aim of the summit was to disabuse the minds of students from indulgingin examination malpractice by bringing credible persons from the education sector to come and motivate the students to success.
“Our main aim is to curb examination malpractice by adequately equipping students for exams because when they are well prepared, there will be no need to indulge in examination malpractice. “Before now,most people believed that we operate a ‘miracle center’ where they can just walk in with their money and buy all the papers while others believed that we would assist them with ‘expo’ topass their exam, but they were disappointed.
“We don’t encourage examination malpractice in whatever form but lectures and mentoring only, and any of our staff found aiding examination crimes will be shown the way out immediately.
Exam Malpractice, a cankerworm
Examination malpractice has become acankerworm. It is like a disease that has eaten deep into every facet of our educational system, and has affected the quality of graduates being churned out by our educational institutions. The situation has become so worrisome that students not only cheat but also employ more sophisticated means of executing the act.
One of the major causes of examination malpractice is over-emphasis on paper qualification, which hasbeen the yardstick for employment. This has discouraged concentration on vocational training and relocated the mentality of large number of youth to taking formal education as a must. This, also, has made a lot of people cheating during exams.
Speakers at the summit agreed that parents haveimportant roles to play in what their wards become. Therefore, they believe that parents have contributed to the alarming rate of examination malpractice, and some goas far as hiring ‘mercenaries’ to write exams for their children.They urged parents not toneglect their responsibility to their children.
“It is not enough to feed them and pay their school fees, but parents need to be there for them – talk to them, monitor, encourage and support them. Parents can’t afford to fail their children because whatever the children turn out to be in future will directly or indirectly affect their parents.”
Blaming government for not doing enough to stem the tide of exam malpractice, the organizers called on government to create the enabling environment for education to thrive.
“Some policies, such as quota system, are violating academic merit and these encourage giving preference to lesser qualified candidates. Also, some states offer free education to their indigenes, but the central government has not done much to support that move by ensuring that education is free across the nation.
Not sparing the students, the speakers urged the students to be serious with their studies.
“Students should motivating themselves and avoid being carried away by things happening around them. They must believe in themselves, have a sense of purpose and faith in achieving whichever goal they have set for themselves.”
EXAM MALPRATICE AND NIGERIA = INSEPERABLE... Even d stakeholder re behind all dis trash make GOD HELP US..
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by yemmytcm(m): 10:08am On Apr 25, 2013
Can someone explain ...from the last post,a line is nt too clear : "he however said,CBT candidates av the option of taking DBT or PPT on saturday....abeg,can someone explain
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 10:16am On Apr 25, 2013
yemmytcm: Can someone explain ...from the last post,a line is nt too clear : "he however said,CBT candidates av the option of taking DBT or PPT on saturday....abeg,can someone explain
wats deir was dat its likely dat on saturday deir wnt be DBT...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by shakur07(m): 10:16am On Apr 25, 2013
Amen including all of us here
ademipeju: GOD COUNT ME WORTHY AMNG D CHOSEN AMEN
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by shakur07(m): 10:18am On Apr 25, 2013
Lmao ...u wan make ronaldo faint nih on hearing Lewandowski
Fynestboi: CR7 went to the bar after the match for a drink to forget about the humiliation...
Bartender: What can I get you?
CR7: Whiskey please! it's been a hard day
Bartender: Whiskey or"Lewandowski"
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by shakur07(m): 10:22am On Apr 25, 2013
Sumtin dey confuse me hia oh..wetin prisoners wan write jamb for ...shey university dey inside prisonyard nih? And also av dey registered b4 dey were sentenced or wat?? I nid ansas oh
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 10:22am On Apr 25, 2013
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 10:24am On Apr 25, 2013
“Of the grand total of 1,735,720 candidates writing the UTME from Saturday, April 27, 2013, 1,629,107 candidates applied for the PPT, 15,008 for the DBT and 91,610 CBT for the exam.
“The Paper Pencil Test (PPT) and the Dual Based test (DBT) is scheduled to hold on Saturday, April 27,2013, while the CBT willcommence from Saturday, May 18, 2013, and end on Saturday, June 1, 2013.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 10:26am On Apr 25, 2013
shakur07: Sumtin dey confuse me hia oh..wetin prisoners wan write jamb for ...shey university dey inside prisonyard nih? And also av dey registered b4 dey were sentenced or wat?? I nid ansas oh
no be only u i dn read and read read read dat post over again bt i tnk its so... I saw dat tn 4 VANGUARD NEWS bt he fit be so naaa
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Adex097: 11:34am On Apr 25, 2013
MESSI: - Hey Ronaldo HOW MARKET?
C RONALDO replied: - Omo na d way u
buy am
yesterday dem sell 4 me too º°˚.
MESSI : - Ronaldo oga gan Oº°˚˚˚°º
RONALDO : - Lewandowski finish all my
defence. MESSI : - Muller self finish my
defence, you no see as they dribble me
fall down .
RONALDO : - Messi German League
good pass
La Liga make we talk true.
MESSI ; - Me no fit go there na because
they
too strong and skilful, even dey wan kill
me self with
the injury am having... RONALDO : -
Omo I fit commot go German
club Oº°˚˚˚°º I go shrine Oº°˚˚˚°º
MESSI : I pity you, sabi you still dey
second for
world best omo iya na 9th you go dey.
Mikel
Obi self go pass you..make we kuku
dey play am jeje
like this. RONALDO : - Na lie bi that one
jare I go bi
there oga at the top for there..
grin

Good morning to you all!!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Adex097: 11:37am On Apr 25, 2013
skit_93: Please JAMB candidates with center no: 34609 and address AJAO ESTATE JUNIOR HIH SCHOOL, 3, MOJOLA ROAD, AJAO ESATAE, ANTHONY are to note that they have been moved to SONMORI COMPREHENSIVE HIGH SCHOOL, COLLEGE ROAD, AJILETE, IFAKO-IJAIYE. PLEASE SPREAD THIS

How authentic is this info
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 11:44am On Apr 25, 2013
How dis one take affect barca fan even if them lose dem get money to collect..
Adex097: MESSI: - Hey Ronaldo HOW MARKET?
buy am
fall down .
good pass
they
me self with
second for
Mikel
dey play am jeje
jare I go bi
grin

laugh laugh"ED
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 11:44am On Apr 25, 2013
Adex097: How authentic is this info
u dnt nid to knw na na ur centre be dat?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Adex097: 11:53am On Apr 25, 2013
shakur07: Laughing in german...y do u believe d@ dortmund wont score @ least 2 in bernabeu ..u dey talk lyk as if madrid defence is impregnable ...i even cee leFOURdowski scoring @ least 3 next week
then expect seven(7) goals from cr7
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by shakur07(m): 11:56am On Apr 25, 2013
Lmao ..unless messi retires from soccer ...cr7 is till his vice
Adex097: MESSI: - Hey Ronaldo HOW MARKET?
buy am
fall down .
good pass
they
me self with
second for
Mikel
dey play am jeje
jare I go bi
grin

bur haba Y u dey pick on mikel nao
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by shakur07(m): 11:57am On Apr 25, 2013
i tire oh !!looking for d authenticity of d post
Fynestboi: u dnt nid to knw na na ur centre be dat?
u for check ww.authenticy hmmn das all
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by shakur07(m): 11:59am On Apr 25, 2013
Palz...pray for one of ur own nao ...am so down wit malaria fever #i sure say it mus be d work of enemies @ d top from awa village
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by shakur07(m): 12:00pm On Apr 25, 2013
Are u also a prospective UITE?
yemmytcm: Can someone explain ...from the last post,a line is nt too clear : "he however said,CBT candidates av the option of taking DBT or PPT on saturday....abeg,can someone explain
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by kayking01(f): 12:00pm On Apr 25, 2013
shakur07: Palz...pray for one of ur own nao ...am so down wit malaria fever #i sure say it mus be d work of enemies @ d top from awa village
ur village? Funny guy! SHAFFAKAH LAH!!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Adex097: 12:00pm On Apr 25, 2013
Its exactly 36hrs to utme....hmmm
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by shakur07(m): 12:01pm On Apr 25, 2013
I swear if d@ could happen ...definitely i can score 500 in ma utme niyen
Adex097: then expect seven(7) goals from cr7
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by yemmytcm(m): 12:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
Fynestboi: wats deir was dat its likely dat on saturday deir wnt be DBT...
so they will av to opt for PPT,but whats the business of CBT candidates,i really wanna get the msg..."however,CBT candidates still gave the option of sitting for DBT or PPT on saturday,bla bla.....i dnt think jamb even knows what she is doing at all
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Adex097: 12:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
Fynestboi: u dnt nid to knw na na ur centre be dat?
he fit be my neighbor centre
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by shakur07(m): 12:03pm On Apr 25, 2013
Mr time keeper
Adex097: Its exactly 36hrs to utme....hmmm
shey no be clock u go dey watch for exam lyk ds..#jes saying
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by shakur07(m): 12:06pm On Apr 25, 2013
Das wat surely happens wen person dey try to copy hn mates in doin wat he"s not yet capable of doing ...
yemmytcm: so they will av to opt for PPT,but whats the business of CBT candidates,i really wanna get the msg..."however,CBT candidates still gave the option of sitting for DBT or PPT on saturday,bla bla.....i dnt think jamb even knows what she is doing at all
dont knw Y all of us cant do d ppt @ once and forget d whole tin
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Adex097: 12:09pm On Apr 25, 2013
shakur07: Palz...pray for one of ur own nao ...am so down wit malaria fever #i sure say it mus be d work of enemies @ d top from awa village
sorry o...my church just organize 3-days program.

Day 1- 26th april (vigil)
Time: 10:00pm - 5am

Day 2- 27th april
Time: 8am - 1pm

Day 3- 28th april
Time 8am - 1pm

Please don't miss a single day o.
Especially that of saturday.
Its gonna be powerful.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Adex097: 12:12pm On Apr 25, 2013
shakur07: Lmao ..unless messi retires from soccer ...cr7 is till his vice bur haba Y u dey pick on mikel nao
mikel na very good bad footballer
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by shakur07(m): 12:19pm On Apr 25, 2013
Oboi u must be from ma village ...
Adex097: sorry o...my church just organize 3-days program.

Day 1- 26th april (vigil)
Time: 10:00pm - 5am

Day 2- 27th april
Time: 8am - 1pm

Day 3- 28th april
Time 8am - 1pm

Please don't miss a single day o.
Especially that of saturday.
Its gonna be powerful.
na yhu dem send cum abi ...go tell dem say u small for d task
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by shakur07(m): 12:21pm On Apr 25, 2013
u are talking bout messi"s rival in 2005 tho remember in holland
Adex097: mikel na very good bad footballer
how things can change sha ..can u nao compare dem nao .in 2013...never ...naijirians *smh*
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by shakur07(m): 12:23pm On Apr 25, 2013
Yes oh
kayking01: ur village? Funny guy! SHAFFAKAH LAH!!
das Y i detest going down to d@ place animore ...maybe dey v missed me tho
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by yemmytcm(m): 12:26pm On Apr 25, 2013
Thanks fynestboi and shakur.....I sha knw may 18 will come and go and the outcome would be wonderous and gr8....be it,CBT,PPT,DBT,ACT,SAT, any T....its good to be here
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by phtemie(m): 12:41pm On Apr 25, 2013
shakur07: Laughing in german...y do u believe d@ dortmund wont score @ least 2 in bernabeu ..u dey talk lyk as if madrid defence is impregnable ...i even cee leFOURdowski scoring @ least 3 next week
there is nothing so spectacular in dortmund jhor..
Infact sef mourinho fall hand seriously..i expected something better from him...he even played ozil to the right..and he shouldn't have started d game with modric..too much over sabi dey worry him gan sef...
Even gan Bayern trashed dortmund i think maybe 5:1 or whatever..
Bayern is lifting that cup....take it or leave it..

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (1198) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. / UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.