Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,476 members, 7,937,399 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 12:25 AM

University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission - Education (582) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission (817248 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission Processes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) ... (1198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
Omo ibo....
Since d day wey i don knw u,ur own no dey pass aro
divads: hahaha, bro na bcoz de dnt knw we students can revenge, wat if we form a union eg (putme studen union) nd wen de call us 4 d xam, we wunt cme.... we'll du guy 4 dm... Or wat du u guyz think??

I NO GO FOLLOW SHA gringrin
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by SEYIKP(m): 9:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
My pals can now hook me on 2go @ seyikp
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 16, 2013
A representative of a Nigerian News Platform,The Strikers had an interview with a prominent Nigerian Professor..The prof stated reasons why university of Ibadan has not conducted her post utme test!

Minutes of an Interview with a prominent Osun-based professor..

Introduce yourself sir..
Well,i remain Professor Ifedapo E.O,A professor of Dentofacial Orthopaedics in One of the universities here in Nigeria!..I graduated from the University of Ibadan from where i moved to the U.K to further my education.I'll say i'm a fulfilled Dental Surgeon!..
Do you work in any University Overseas?
hmm..Yeah..Definitely,i am a visiting professor to the Faculty of Dentistry,King's College London.I also lecture in Edinburgh Dental Institute,U.K and few Asian Dental Colleges...
About your family?
I am successfully married to a wonderful woman,also a Prof.She's a Professor of Pediatrics.We have 3 children,they are all grown up.The first went to Harvard,the second went to UCL,London and the 3rd graduated from Oxford...
What is your opinion on The Nation's education system?
I wouldn't be wrong if i say the system is already at the edge of the cliff,it may crash totally,soon!
The government is nott helping issues,our students are so dull,even though they have good opportunities.We didnt enjoy what they are enjoying now,yet,they are so dumb.
The issue of incessant strike actions is another poison to the system.
(cuts in).Yeah,talking about ASUU strike?..what do you say sir?
We are ready to take the strike action for a long time.It is obvious that our President has no time for us,he only has time for 2015 election.We agreed in 2009,up till now,they have't implemented.We are tired of promises,we want action.If he won't answer us till 2015,so be it,we will be waiting.
You mean you will continue the strike until answers,regardless of the time being wasted?
Sure..We are not wasting the time,we are fighting for our rights and the rights of our students.
And the students?...
Let them wait.They should endure,They were almost of no use even before the action.So they should wait,we are fighting for them!
You talk in a manner which shows you have no relative affected...
Yes,all my grandkids are in America and Europe except one who is in Babcock University.
What actually brought the Establishment of ASUU about
ASUU was formed in 1981 when the then Union of University Teachers failed to fight for the lecturers.The lecturers of the University of Ibadan thought about the idea and informed their counterparts in University of Lagos and Obafemi Awolowo Univeristy about the idea.It was wlcomed by all and the union was established!
So,you mean University of Ibadan has a role to play in ASUU?
Sure,The college is like the mother of ASUU..The present ASUU secretariat is inside the college.
Could that be why they chose not to conduct post utme test even when other schools did?
Sure,the school has decided to uphold its values.There was an agreement but other nis broke it,u.i will not do such..No post utme until the strike is suspended.
But the candidates are sad
Do i care? Why are they sad.?.They should relax and enjoy the time.
There is a rumour that they will admit using o'level and utme
That's perfect,the admission committee should do whatever they think is right but all i know is,no post utme until strike is called off..
What do you attribute to your success?
Hardwork and focus!
You didnt mention the name of the Nigerian University where you lecture
College of Medicine,Mushroom University of Nigerian!
Do you have a nick name sir?
Sure,i'm fondly called DrHesjay by friends...
Thanks for the attention sir
Oh,it's my pleasure
Source.....https://www.nairaland.com/1433036/types-yours

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Bravoosii: 8:59am On Sep 16, 2013
^^

Wow, you actually thought that up, nice. For a split second I thought that was real. Right now, I don't really mind the idea of utme results and o'level being used to conduct the admissions.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 16, 2013
Ah..broda....dnt bring that oo
u.i sef wont try it oo..
Na gobe na
Bravoosii: ^^

Wow, you actually thought that up, nice. For a split second I thought that was real. Right now, I don't really mind the idea of utme results and o'level being used to conduct the admissions.
what was ya score....shey na cbt u do?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Princeadebayo1(m): 9:12am On Sep 16, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
A representative of a Nigerian News Platform,The Strikers had an interview with a prominent Nigerian Professor..The prof stated reasons why university of Ibadan has not conducted her post utme test!

Introduce yourself sir..
Well,i remain Professor Ifedapo E.O,A professor of Dentofacial Orthopaedics in One of the universities here in Nigeria!..I graduated from the University of Ibadan from where i moved to the U.K to further my education.I'll say i'm a fulfilled Dental Surgeon!..
hmm..Yeah..Definitely,i am a visiting professor to the Faculty of Dentistry,King's College London.I also lecture in Edinburgh Dental Institute,U.K and few Asian Dental Colleges...
About your family?
I am successfully married to a wonderful woman,also a Prof.She's a Professor of Pediatrics.We have 3 children,they are all grown up.The first went to Harvard,the second went to UCL,London and the 3rd graduated from Oxford...
I wouldn't be wrong if i say the system is already at the edge of the cliff,it may crash totally,soon!
The government is nott helping issues,our students are so dull,even though they have good opportunities.We didnt enjoy what they are enjoying now,yet,they are so dumb.
We are ready to take the strike action for a long time.It is obvious that our President has no time for us,he only has time for 2015 election.We agreed in 2009,up till now,they have't implemented.We are tired of promises,we want action.If he won't answer us till 2015,so be it,we will be waiting.
You mean you will continue the strike until answers,regardless of the time being wasted?
Sure..We are not wasting the time,we are fighting for our rights and the rights of our students.
And the students?...
Let them wait.They should endure,They were almost of no use even before the action.So they should wait,we are fighting for them!
Yes,all my grandkids are in America and Europe except one who is in Babcock University.
ASUU was formed in 1981 when the then Union of University Teachers failed to fight for the lecturers.The lecturers of the University of Ibadan thought about the idea and informed their counterparts in University of Lagos and Obafemi Awolowo Univeristy about the idea.It was wlcomed by all and the union was established!
Sure,The college is like the mother of ASUU..The present ASUU secretariat is inside the college.
Could that be why they chose not to conduct post utme test even when other schools did?
Sure,the school has decided to uphold its values.There was an agreement but other nis broke it,u.i will not do such..No post utme until the strike is suspended.
That's perfect,the admission committee should do whatever they think is right but all i know is,no post utme until strike is called off..
Hardwork and focus!
Oh,it's my pleasure
Nice one Bosscheesy
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Brini(m): 9:34am On Sep 16, 2013
U took me off guard bro...! I tot 'twas real. Hahaha!
Dr.'Hesjay:

Introduce yourself sir..
About your family?
And the students?...
Hardwork and focus!
Oh,it's my pleasure
Kudos anyway... Na ASUU, FG & UI wey cause am.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Oysdam(m): 9:50am On Sep 16, 2013
dis hesjay ehn,u sure die hahahaha
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 16, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:

Introduce yourself sir..
About your family?
And the students?...
Hardwork and focus!
Oh,it's my pleasure
wow i fell for the fake interview sha...me i av 4gotten abt UI o infact av given them d 2k already. M already a funaabite even b4 d list cums out,imagine...jamb=231,p/ume=54%,pre degree score=65% oya why won't funaab admit or nt even give me ma course#aint bragging o bt maybe UI in anoda lifetime#
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by SEYIKP(m): 11:01am On Sep 16, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:

Introduce yourself sir..
About your family?
And the students?...
Hardwork and focus!
Oh,it's my pleasure
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by SEYIKP(m): 11:03am On Sep 16, 2013
IWO BOBO HESJAY YIN SHA, IF I CATCH U.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Isaolamide: 12:01pm On Sep 16, 2013
Haaa.if i catch u en u go die 4 my hand!i tnk d interview was real until i gt 2 d last w0rd!mak u.i no do dat o.mak dm pls cnduct pjamb 4 us o.
Dr hesjay,u wan tel me u 2 no tired?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Kunlexic(m): 1:58pm On Sep 16, 2013
Gud aftnoon 2 y,all gr8 ui aspirants and student.Pls ansa dis 4 me...a friend of mine chose ui as his 2nd choice but his o-level not complete in 1 sitting wen he sat for dis may/jun exam,although he has 2 sittings of waec and neco which he can combined,also he regis tered 4 the ongoing waec gce.Shld he use d 2 sittings or he shld use d waec gce result wen it is out if it can still meet up with ui admissions.Thanks as u give ansas 2 dis.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 16, 2013
Kunlexic: Gud aftnoon 2 y,all gr8 ui aspirants and student.Pls ansa dis 4 me...a friend of mine chose ui as his 2nd choice but his o-level not complete in 1 sitting wen he sat for dis may/jun exam,although he has 2 sittings of waec and neco which he can combined,also he regis tered 4 the ongoing waec gce.Shld he use d 2 sittings or he shld use d waec gce result wen it is out if it can still meet up with ui admissions.Thanks as u give ansas 2 dis.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 16, 2013
Lol.....baba...i hail o
SEYI_KP: IWO BOBO HESJAY YIN SHA, IF I CATCH U.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 16, 2013
Lol...i stl loyal
Isaolamide: Haaa.if i catch u en u go die 4 my hand!i tnk d interview was real until i gt 2 d last w0rd!mak u.i no do dat o.mak dm pls cnduct pjamb 4 us o.
Dr hesjay,u wan tel me u 2 no tired?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 16, 2013
@isaolamide...no mind me o..na ASUU cause am
@Tommybob...lol..i hail boss...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by oladeleluqman(m): 4:04pm On Sep 16, 2013
ikeola6: wow i fell for the fake interview sha...me i av 4gotten abt UI o infact av given them d 2k already. M already a funaabite even b4 d list cums out,imagine...jamb=231,p/ume=54%,pre degree score=65% oya why won't funaab admit or nt even give me ma course#aint bragging o bt maybe UI in anoda lifetime#
also an INHURDITE(MGT). Gud to meet u here...got 237 in jamb, 58% in p.ume and 69% in p.d. But as for me, i no giv u.i my 2k oh.anytime dey cal us i go do their p.ume.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 16, 2013
Ikeola,oysdam and d other boss....i see ya too
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 16, 2013
oladele-luqman:

also an INHURDITE(MGT). Gud to meet u here...got 237 in jamb, 58% in p.ume and 69% in p.d. But as for me, i no giv u.i my 2k oh.anytime dey cal us i go do their p.ume.
lol na 2ru bt i no go mind if u give me transport fare...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 16, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:

Introduce yourself sir..
About your family?
And the students?...
Hardwork and focus!
Oh,it's my pleasure
Nice write-up... I really love this... I will like to work with you someday...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by laryom1(m): 5:23pm On Sep 16, 2013
Kunlexic: Gud aftnoon 2 y,all gr8 ui aspirants and student.Pls ansa dis 4 me...a friend of mine chose ui as his 2nd choice but his o-level not complete in 1 sitting wen he sat for dis may/jun exam,although he has 2 sittings of waec and neco which he can combined,also he regis tered 4 the ongoing waec gce.Shld he use d 2 sittings or he shld use d waec gce result wen it is out if it can still meet up with ui admissions.Thanks as u give ansas 2 dis.
he cant use d gce cuz d uploadn of result might av closd b4 d gce result is out. Or what assure him dat he wil make al d subjects in there. I cnt say u shud use dat 2 sittings, bt wait 4 d strike. If d strke hasnt bn cald off b4 d result is out n it has gud grades, i fnk it can b usd. Bt if d result is nt yet out n ui has instrctd her cndidates to start uploadn dre result, u av no option dan to put that 2 sittings'
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by KOA101: 8:26pm On Sep 16, 2013
House am in need of your help i chose Teacher Education(social science) with option in political science, economics and geograghy, u can check the brochure for details, . but i think am having problem with my jamb subject combination becos i wrote eng,govt,crs&yoruba, becos the brochure stated that any 3social science subject, my problem now is crs&yoruba that i deed in utme can they be accepted as social-science subjects? pls your urgent and candide opinion is needed. NOTE: the course is in faculty of education.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by akanji2013: 8:26pm On Sep 16, 2013
Which of the universities in Nigeria can rival UI's intellectual properties in terms of Professors and Associate professors?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by SEXY95(f): 9:48pm On Sep 16, 2013
Kisses.....kisses.........kisses Hesjay sweety u deserve more than this kisses.thanks for the write up it really made
my day........kiss....kiss
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by morgang(m): 9:54pm On Sep 16, 2013
KOA101: House am in need of your help i chose Teacher Education(social science) with option in political science, economics and geograghy, u can check the brochure for details, . but i think am having problem with my jamb subject combination becos i wrote eng,govt,crs&yoruba, becos the brochure stated that any 3social science subject, my problem now is crs&yoruba that i deed in utme can they be accepted as social-science subjects? pls your urgent and candide opinion is needed. NOTE: the course is in faculty of education.
DURING YOUR UTME REGISTRATION @ UI PORTAL DID THEY NOTIFY YOU THAT U HAVE
''VALID UTME COMBINATION''??
If YES then perhapz u got no prob i guess.....
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by KOA101: 10:23pm On Sep 16, 2013
morgan**g:
Nothing of such but am a second choice aspirant, we deed the fillings ourselves, i think such provision is not available for second choice.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 17, 2013
I think it shld be there...as morgan as said
morgan**g:
you shld see sumfn like that..
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 17, 2013
Oh boi...**not looking**...
SEXY95: Kisses.....kisses.........kisses Hesjay sweety u deserve more than this kisses.thanks for the write up it really made
my day........kiss....kiss
lol...thanks ma....and u'r welcome!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 17, 2013
akanji2013: Which of the universities in Nigeria can rival UI's intellectual properties in terms of Professors and Associate professors?
Joseph Ayodele Babalola....JABU
Go and confirm!!!!!

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 17, 2013
@Taylor..lmao
over 60??...when u.i has abt 350 or more...
And mind u,JABU employs retired profs....those who retired from Public service n stl dnt want to rest...same wit bowen!

(1) (2) (3) ... (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) ... (1198) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. / UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.