Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,937 members, 7,962,989 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 10:28 PM

NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... - Education (867) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... (1176540 Views)

Obafemi Awolowo University,ile-ife Cut-off Marks For 2013/2014 Session / Futa Admission For 2013/2014 Session / Obafemi Awolowo University (oau), 2013/2014 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (864) (865) (866) (867) (868) (869) (870) ... (1885) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 14, 2013
Doc_Miss: Laughing with u In Swahili . . Hakuna matata grin
I have modified my quote...help yasef read.
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by SirTunechi(f): 11:10pm On Sep 14, 2013
Miscellaneous:

sist good afternoon o. . .i didnt want to join the arguement but, then i thought ''miscellaneous u nor lyk physics ?'' I had to quickly rush and quote ur post cos i think u are really confused and others might think u are right since no one has given valid point.

The question- 1kg of iron and 1kg of sand which is heavier ?

firstly, heavier means which one weighs more (i.e the weight). . . . Wait dont argue!! Lets take time to break the question.

1kg of iron has same mass with 1kg of sand because the ''volume'' might av made it up for sand to av d same mass with iron. . . but when the question says ''heavier'' it bcoms sometin else. We all know dat 1kg of iron is denser than 1kg of sand then, how can one not be heavier than the other ? . . .wait dont argue!! I know u will say: ''they av considered the density before arriving at the 1kg and so they are both equal.''

Now, lets rush down to archimedes principle which states that if an object is partially or wholly immersed in a fluid(water or air) there is an upthrust that is equal to the weight of the fluid displaced.

What is upthrust ? Upthrust is up-thrust. What is thrust ? Thrust is a force. . . So wat is an upthrust ? Upthrust is an upward force!

Now to say which is heavier, suspend the 1kg of sand and 1kg of iron from the same location on the earth and u'll see that the sand produces more upthrust than the iron. . . (hope u know that na)

we all know that the formula for weight is mg but that will only beg the question and confuse u more.

To simplify the whole thing, we say. . .weight= acc. due to gravity - upthrust i.e w=g-u (hope u agreed ?)

g= a downward force and
u= a upward force.

So, g in both sand and iron is same at that point but the upthrust differs and thereby, shows that iron is heavier than sand.

Note=> doc_miss and the rest hope u av seen that many factors shows wen a body is heavier. . .although the acc. due to gravity(g) might be same we dont throw away the concept upthrust . Pls take ur time to study wat i wrote above. Dont confuse ursef with the statement ''mass is constant.'' when they really say mass is constant, they meant take 1kg of iron to miami, dubai, hawaii or even pluto-a planet etc the mass will be same they didnt mean 1kg of iron will not be heavier than 1kg of sand.

Explicit7 and Eng. Tino got a point but couldnt back it up. . .wen i expected both to execute d job jointly.

Thanks.

All the Engr guys i sight una o
RE U SURE U ARE A PHYSICS STUDENT....*in isaac newtonz voice*
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Erystro(m): 11:11pm On Sep 14, 2013
exPLIcit7: puhahahahaha
wetin consine imersed in a fluid wit tell us which is heavier? Smh.
Heavines=weight=mg.
Even dat upthrust sef is a force therefore, it should also be relate 2 "mg" datzall.
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by maxben(m): 11:12pm On Sep 14, 2013
My goodness...
This thread grows exponential...
Its hard to keep up...
Are u guys trying to set a record or what...
i dont think any thread can beat this...
Slow down people.
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by lavosier: 11:15pm On Sep 14, 2013
Now doc miss,,miscellaenous was rite abt upthrust..som txts restricts it 2 water, buh its basically fluids nd ƌ last  checked air is Ă fluid..
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Romanticboy1(m): 11:16pm On Sep 14, 2013
Adex097:

Nah..not me.

OYA tel me ya 2go or fb id
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 14, 2013
Latnok95:

Morale High!!!!.. I owe you tom tom sis
guy she is confusing you...according 2 archimedes principle when an object is partially or wholly immersed in a fluid it experiences an upthrust which is equal 2 the weight of fluid displaced...note that d upthrust is equal to the weight of fluid displaced...yet she is telin u dat upthrust is the force exerted on a body when a partially or wholly immersed in a fluid...OPEN UR EYES...
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by SirTunechi(f): 11:17pm On Sep 14, 2013
Miscellaneous:

sist good afternoon o. . .i didnt want to join the arguement but, then i thought ''miscellaneous u nor lyk physics ?'' I had to quickly rush and quote ur post cos i think u are really confused and others might think u are right since no one has given valid point.

The question- 1kg of iron and 1kg of sand which is heavier ?

firstly, heavier means which one weighs more (i.e the weight). . . . Wait dont argue!! Lets take time to break the question.

1kg of iron has same mass with 1kg of sand because the ''volume'' might av made it up for sand to av d same mass with iron. . . but when the question says ''heavier'' it bcoms sometin else. We all know dat 1kg of iron is denser than 1kg of sand then, how can one not be heavier than the other ? . . .wait dont argue!! I know u will say: ''they av considered the density before arriving at the 1kg and so they are both equal.''

Now, lets rush down to archimedes principle which states that if an object is partially or wholly immersed in a fluid(water or air) there is an upthrust that is equal to the weight of the fluid displaced.

What is upthrust ? Upthrust is up-thrust. What is thrust ? Thrust is a force. . . So wat is an upthrust ? Upthrust is an upward force!

Now to say which is heavier, suspend the 1kg of sand and 1kg of iron from the same location on the earth and u'll see that the sand produces more upthrust than the iron. . . (hope u know that na)

we all know that the formula for weight is mg but that will only beg the question and confuse u more.

To simplify the whole thing, we say. . .weight= acc. due to gravity - upthrust i.e w=g-u (hope u agreed ?)

g= a downward force and
u= a upward force.

So, g in both sand and iron is same at that point but the upthrust differs and thereby, shows that iron is heavier than sand.

Note=> doc_miss and the rest hope u av seen that many factors shows wen a body is heavier. . .although the acc. due to gravity(g) might be same we dont throw away the concept upthrust . Pls take ur time to study wat i wrote above. Dont confuse ursef with the statement ''mass is constant.'' when they really say mass is constant, they meant take 1kg of iron to miami, dubai, hawaii or even pluto-a planet etc the mass will be same they didnt mean 1kg of iron will not be heavier than 1kg of sand.

Explicit7 and Eng. Tino got a point but couldnt back it up. . .wen i expected both to execute d job jointly.

Thanks.

All the Engr guys i sight una o
were in physics z W=g - u.......miscellaneouz wich kind physics b dat dat weight(N)=gravity(m/s^2)- uptrust(N)..... Does diz exist....ur point z xoxoxo nt correct W=mg xo 1 kg of sand and iron z 10N each my broda r dey weight not equal
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 14, 2013
Pls Use simple correct english rather dan absolutely misusing big wordz. Wat r U̶̲̥̅̊‎​ tryna do? Impress us? B*tch pls!!

Itz embarrassing undecided

2 whom it may concern
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by SirChides(m): 11:18pm On Sep 14, 2013
irrelevant arguement
make una go google am.
d problem hear is dat some peeqz are confusing upthrust which is=weight to mass
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Adex097: 11:18pm On Sep 14, 2013
Doc_Miss: WELCOME Sire ! grin

Or maybe Physics Advanced and Left me behind
...[/color]

Hahahaha ..this part got me ROTFLOH ( Rolling On The Floor Laughing Out Hard).....

Buh on a serious note, science is advancing swiftly. wink
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Erystro(m): 11:19pm On Sep 14, 2013
@miscelanux. I hv jst 1 question 4 u o. Are u trying 2 tel me dat it is nt possible 2 make a piece of steel nd many cups of water 2 hv same weight? Kpatapata d cups of water would be much 2 make up d weight of d steel. And if it possible, does it mean dat water and steel hv dsame density? Dazall
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by tinahrex(m): 11:22pm On Sep 14, 2013
exPLIcit7: guy she is confusing you...according 2 archimedes principle when an object is partially or wholly immersed in a fluid it experiences an upthrust which is equal 2 the weight of fluid displaced...note that d upthrust is equal to the weight of fluid displaced...yet she is telin u dat upthrust is the force exerted on a body when a partially or wholly immersed in a fluid...OPEN UR EYES...
Bro yo ryt....buh ah fink she waz tryin tew say its d UPWARD force exerted on d body....which iz tru.....both ar correct ways of xplainin upthrust...
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Adex097: 11:22pm On Sep 14, 2013
Latnok95:

Ogbeni pass me dt cuban coffee.. E b like say na him dey give you brain.. cheesy
grin....I go supply you enough on our matric day.

1 Like

Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Latnok95(m): 11:23pm On Sep 14, 2013
exPLIcit7: guy she is confusing you...according 2 archimedes principle when an object is partially or wholly immersed in a fluid it experiences an upthrust which is equal 2 the weight of fluid displaced...note that d upthrust is equal to the weight of fluid displaced...yet she is telin u dat upthrust is the force exerted on a body when a partially or wholly immersed in a fluid...OPEN UR EYES...

*opens eyes*.. Morale high!!!.. U too want a tom tom??
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 14, 2013
Sir-Tunechi:

were in physics z W=g - u.......miscellaneouz wich kind physics b dat dat weight(N)=gravity(m/s^2)- uptrust(N)..... Does diz exist....ur point z xoxoxo nt correct W=mg xo 1 kg of sand and iron z 10N each my broda r dey weight not equal
sir tunechi...you're manipulating his post so that u can criticize him...don't get yasef confused.
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Adex097: 11:24pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ayam_Kay: This wan na tiff gan! Did u have to use money U shulda used one of those funky pictograms in essential economics
Picto wat??
Na picture me go chop??

Na egò sure pass.
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Latnok95(m): 11:26pm On Sep 14, 2013
Monsieursuave: Pls Use simple correct english rather dan absolutely misusing big wordz. Wat r U̶̲̥̅̊‎​ tryna do? Impress us? B*tch pls!!

2 whom it may concern

Oh noo!!!... He freaking effing used the B-word... Ahahahahaha..
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 14, 2013
Latnok95:

*opens eyes*.. Morale high!!!.. U too want a tom tom??
you know what I'm saying is true I don't ur tom tom...don't just agree with her...take time 2 scrutinize her post or quote.
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 14, 2013
grin

1st post
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Adex097: 11:29pm On Sep 14, 2013
Romanticboy1:

OYA tel me ya 2go or fb id
2go- Adeyemi899 cool
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 14, 2013
Adex097:
Picto wat??
Na picture me go chop??

Na egò sure pass.
tchai! Make una come and help me saw this yoruba man wey like money pass igbo man!

*End Thyme tinz*
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 14, 2013
Dsuave_monsieur: grin

1st post

Who is Đíŝ imposter?? undecided
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 14, 2013
tinahrex:
Bro yo ryt....buh ah fink she waz tryin tew say its d UPWARD force exerted on d body....which iz tru.....both ar correct ways of xplainin upthrust...
yeah u'r right...but she didn't say that...did she...no...that is an INTENTIONAL ONE...SHE Z wrong.
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by iamslimterry(m): 11:31pm On Sep 14, 2013
I support Doc Miss here.I'll say 1kg of sand nd 1 kg of Iron weighs the same.Weight is a product of mass nd acc. due to gravity.
Yall do solve this question for me......
A bucket was filled with sand of mass 1kg and a rod of Iron of 1kg was brought close to it.calculate the weight of the sand nd rod and tell which is heavier(g=10 nd Weight =m*g)

1 Like

Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 14, 2013
Monsieursuave:

Who is Đíŝ imposter?? undecided

Shurrup ee. Mumu!! cheesy
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 14, 2013
Dsuave_monsieur:

Shurrup ee. Mumu!! cheesy

shocked

Wah was dt for??
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Adex097: 11:34pm On Sep 14, 2013
Monsieursuave: Pls Use simple correct english rather dan absolutely misusing big wordz. Wat r U̶̲̥̅̊‎​ tryna do? Impress us? B*tch pls!!

2 whom it may concern
This one is stwong!!! shocked...

@2_whom_it_may_concern, pls don't take suave's post personal. cool
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 14, 2013
Monsieursuave:

shocked

Wah was dt for??

Ah said shurrup!! R U̶̲̥̅̊‎​ blind?
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by tinahrex(m): 11:34pm On Sep 14, 2013
exPLIcit7: yeah u'r right...but she didn't say that...did she...no...that is an INTENTIONAL ONE...SHE Z wrong.
its alryt bro.....its gud as science students we argue lyk dis...'tis normal buh plz let us all jst b done wiv dis one....we've kinda draggd it too far nw
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 14, 2013
lavosier: Now doc miss,,miscellaenous was rite abt upthrust..som txts restricts it 2 water, buh its basically fluids nd ƌ last  checked air is Ă fluid..
Re: NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... by Nobody: 11:36pm On Sep 14, 2013
Adex097:
This one is stwong!!! shocked...

@2_whom_it_may_concern, pls don't take suave's post personal. cool

Tnx. Ï 4got 2 add tha grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (864) (865) (866) (867) (868) (869) (870) ... (1885) (Reply)

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE / The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.