Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,830 members, 7,889,753 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:47 PM

Cover Letters - How "Blunt" Should You Be? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cover Letters - How "Blunt" Should You Be? (1602 Views)

The Top 10 Strategies For Writing Winning Cover Letters / Struggling With Cover Letters? Let's Crack It Here. / CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cover Letters - How "Blunt" Should You Be? by SisiKill1: 4:13pm On Jan 17, 2013
Kid Sends Perfectly Blunt Cover Letter for Wall Street Internship, and Now Tons of People Are Trying to Hire Him

The cover letter below is unapologetically honest and people on Wall Street are calling it one of the best letters they have seen.

- - - - - - - -

Question to Job seekers - Can you send a letter like that?

Question to HR Personnel - What would you do if you got a letter like this?

1 Like

Re: Cover Letters - How "Blunt" Should You Be? by SisiKill1: 4:14pm On Jan 17, 2013
And now here are some of the responses on a long Email thread...

Re: Cover Letters - How "Blunt" Should You Be? by SisiKill1: 4:23pm On Jan 17, 2013
Personally, If I were a job seeker I am not sure I would be this bold. . .I may not inflate my CV with grandiose titles but I won't so gbagbagba in my approach. cheesy

On the other hand, if I worked in HR and got a letter like this. . .I am calling the dude ASAP, even if it's just to see what he looks like and if you really think about it. . .that's what people really want an opportunity to make the HR people take a second look at you.

Soooo all is well that ends well. . .no?

Anyhoo, I have my doubts about this kind of boldness working in a You must pay with your blood to get a job in my company and respect me DIE culture like ours.

Too bad! sad

(1) (Reply)

How I Got A Job In Just Two Weeks - My Story And Lessons Learned – Part 2 / Never Give Up (A True Life Story) - Marvejohndaily.com / Harvester's Skill Acquisition Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.