Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,358 members, 7,910,807 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 05:20 PM

What Is Imo State Best Known For? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Imo State Best Known For? (45784 Views)

Is Imo State Currently The Least Developing State In Southeast? / 5 Things Nigeria Is Best Known For Around The World / Is Imo State Not Supposed To Be Rescued by The New Government? What's this? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Abagworo(m): 10:42am On Jan 19, 2013
Afam4eva:
The bolded is not true. Apart from Anambra, i don't know any SE states that are not made up of 100% Igbo natives. At least i'm sure of Enugu.

Enugu has some Igala too, Abia has Ibibio, ebonyi has some none-Igbo as well
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by kettykin: 10:45am On Jan 19, 2013
Yomieluv: High cost of bride price,imagine charging a suitor #2m to marry. No wonder in a wedding pix,the man is always frowning,while the woman smiles.

If your type leave the good for nothing gals in your state and tribe to marry imo girl and you come online to cry because of high bride price who is to be blamed you or the family you came to marry from

1 Like

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Afam4eva(m): 10:46am On Jan 19, 2013
Abagworo:

Enugu has some Igala too, Abia has Ibibio, ebonyi has some none-Igbo as well
Where are these Igala people located? I only know of Anambra having indigenous Igala people and not Enugu. Does Abia have Ibibio people or people with mixed heritage? I mean, do they have 100% Ibibio people like in Akwa Ibom state. I hope you're not referring to people from Arochukwu, Ohafia etc.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by simpleseyi: 10:47am On Jan 19, 2013
illuminutty :
[/s]Roaches and Nkiru Silverbugs[s] [/s]Roaches are killing silvabugs[s] Rochas and Nkiru Sylvanus. grin grin grin grin grin grin

My stomach is aching as a result of laughter. You are so creative with the truth. Imo indegenes won't respond to your comment.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Libkid(m): 10:49am On Jan 19, 2013
They are known for kidnapping and draining of any guy who asks for their daughter hand in marriage
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by kettykin: 10:51am On Jan 19, 2013
igbsam: They are known for collecting the highest amount for bride price. Those people can push u to rob or even go for money ritual if u want to marry their daughter.

Bros stop playing a fool marry from your village if you are too poor to marry from imo.
If you marry imo girls who will marry the umarriable ladies in your tribe

5 Likes

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by igbsam(m): 10:54am On Jan 19, 2013
Uku mango in owerri, imo has the best food & a good place to hangout.

1 Like

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Abagworo(m): 10:56am On Jan 19, 2013
Afam4eva:
Where are these Igala people located? I only know of Anambra having indigenous Igala people and not Enugu. Does Abia have Ibibio people or people with mixed heritage? I mean, do they have 100% Ibibio people like in Akwa Ibom state. I hope you're not referring to people from Arochukwu, Ohafia etc.

Ok for Enugu we have the Etteh people while for Abia we have "Itu mbu uzo".
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 19, 2013
Otoucha! cheesygrin

1 Like

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by benpuzzy(m): 10:58am On Jan 19, 2013
The best state so-far, when you enter Owerri, you will not like to leave quickly; Imo State is the Eastern Heartland endowed with lots of resources both human and other wise.

1 Like

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Dipwater(m): 11:00am On Jan 19, 2013
Imo state is cool,its a nice place filled with fun seekers and civil servants.I live in owerri ,so I can feed u with vital info about owerri the capital city.

The indigenes are ngwori people, their girls are cheap ,they luv flexing too much(but not all). Imolite in terms of education are at the top in the eastern part of nig,

Their govnor is not trustworthy,what he does is the more u look the less u see .don't biliv the hype .

Their yung bois are g men

Imo state has notable people in politics,entertainment etc

It the place to be ,a tourist state

1 Like

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Abagworo(m): 11:00am On Jan 19, 2013
In addition to what I wrote previously, Imo is the drug capital of Nigeria. Little do people know that a section of Imo(The Orlu area) run most patent medicine stores in Nigeria. They equally produce the highest number of Pharmacists. Imo is indeed blessed.

1 Like

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Mortiple(m): 11:00am On Jan 19, 2013
ebamma 3: 70 percent of prostitutes in nigeria are from imo state
Imo ladies are no where near Rivers, Edo, Delta and Cross River States in this regard. So get your facts right.

1 Like

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Gwekzy: 11:01am On Jan 19, 2013
Kidnapping
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by UnimkeAk(m): 11:04am On Jan 19, 2013
Chics with hairy chest and mustache

3 Likes

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Katier00(f): 11:04am On Jan 19, 2013
Juju
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by princemaicheal: 11:06am On Jan 19, 2013
Kamanda: Imo state is a good Se-xual Tourism destination
It is only natural for that also to be added but that is far the list of positive attribute associated with the Igbo extract.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Mortiple(m): 11:09am On Jan 19, 2013
Libkid: They are known for kidnapping and draining of any guy who asks for their daughter hand in marriage
Shut up! Have you ever travelled out of your village before? “Them say, them say".
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by crackhouse(m): 11:13am On Jan 19, 2013
Imo state is best known for building hotels

1 Like

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by elopee3000(m): 11:15am On Jan 19, 2013
pls my guy jim iyke is from anambra state enugu agaidi is the name of his town the same town with mary onyali,f.c ogbalu is from anambra state too his town is nimo,aloy atuegbu is from anambra too, prof ben nwabueze is from anambra too

6 Likes

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by chieftekena: 11:15am On Jan 19, 2013
Imo state is known for very high and outrageous bride price and marriage list as demands by the Umunnas. Try picking a wife from there and u will undstnd wat i mean.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by donlilsam(m): 11:17am On Jan 19, 2013
[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]
pazienza: Nice answer bro. Talk about a state that gave us chioma ajunwa,perpetua nkwocha, imo is the pride of igboland.
cheesy
pazienza: Nice answer bro. Talk about a state that gave us chioma ajunwa,perpetua nkwocha, imo is the pride of igboland.
nice one
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Ejine(m): 11:22am On Jan 19, 2013
I made a promise to myself that as soon as I get married, I would never step foot into Imo again, so I don't end up cheating.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Turbocharged: 11:23am On Jan 19, 2013
LesbianBoy: Imo state is known for KIDNAPPING! Remember it was there Nkiru sylvANUS was kidnapped!

Ozu
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by mayorcowboy: 11:24am On Jan 19, 2013
Andre Uweh: It also includes: Flora Nwapa, first female novelist in Nigeria. Pita Nwana, first Igbo novelist. F.C Ogbalu.
Mobi Oparaku, Uche Okafor, Pius Anyiam, Kevin Onwana, Aloy Agu, Angus Ikeji, Emma Osigwe, Bengy Nzeakor, Austin Eke, Pat Ekeji, Sam Okparaji, Celestine Bayero, Dick Tiger, John Chiedozie, Henry Nwosu, Tony Ukaechu, Ben Akwuegbu etc, Alloy Agu, Emmanuel Amuneke, Uche Nwoha.
Politics. King Jaja, K.O Mbadiwe, Sylvester Ugoh, Sam Mbakwe, RBK Okafor, Collins Obi, Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, Francis Nzeribe, Evan Enwerem, Rochas Okorocha etc.
Entertainment. Sir Warrior, Kabaka, Dan Satch, Sunni Bobo, Saro Wiwa, Genevive Nnaji, Onyeka Onwenu, Saint Obi, Jim Ikyke, Francis Duru, Kanayo. Kanayo, Rita Dominic, Emeka Rollers, Kenneth Nnebue, Emmalex, Bruno, Aki, Mazi Elekwachi Ukonu, Clad Eke (Jegede Sokoya), Lomaji Ugoji (Icheoku), Charlie Boy.
etc.
Law. Mike Ahamba, Chudifu Oputa, Ben Nwabueze, Chief Ogwuegbu etc.
History: Adiele Afigbo, Isaaac Uzoigwe.
Psychology. Dennis Ugwuegbu.
More to come soon

u tried with the history.
but,Pius Anyim is from Ebonyi south. not in any where related to Imo.
thanks cool wink

1 Like

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 19, 2013
K

I

D

N

A

P

P

I

N

G

1 Like

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Balkan(m): 11:26am On Jan 19, 2013
most descent state in Nigeria. intelligent people, creative and non tribal.

1 Like

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Abagworo(m): 11:32am On Jan 19, 2013
mayor-cowboy:

thanks cool wink

Oga Andre is looking at Imo from an old wider view. Imo has been divided and Anyim's part is now Ebonyi State .
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Afam4eva(m): 11:35am On Jan 19, 2013
mayor-cowboy:

thanks cool wink
Abagworo:

Oga Andre is looking at Imo from an old wider view. Imo has been divided and Anyim's part is now Ebonyi State .

He said Pius Anyiam and not Anyim Pius Anyim.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by virus2010(m): 11:38am On Jan 19, 2013
bros imo pride of ur village nt igboland...
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by victorD3: 11:38am On Jan 19, 2013
Andre Uweh: IMO state is best known for high level of education. Since 1991, IMO state has led in university enrolment in Nigeria.
IMO state is best known for football. Since super falcons was formed, IMO state has produced one third of her footballers.
Heart of Igboland and completely surrounded by Igbo people.

How come you lest out internet fraud a.k.a yahoo yahoo.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Joowilliams: 11:43am On Jan 19, 2013
Andre Uweh: It also includes: Flora Nwapa, first female novelist in Nigeria. Pita Nwana, first Igbo novelist. F.C Ogbalu.
Mobi Oparaku, Uche Okafor, Pius Anyiam, Kevin Onwana, Aloy Agu, Angus Ikeji, Emma Osigwe, Bengy Nzeakor, Austin Eke, Pat Ekeji, Sam Okparaji, Celestine Bayero, Dick Tiger, John Chiedozie, Henry Nwosu, Tony Ukaechu, Ben Akwuegbu etc, Alloy Agu, Emmanuel Amuneke, Uche Nwoha.
Politics. King Jaja, K.O Mbadiwe, Sylvester Ugoh, Sam Mbakwe, RBK Okafor, Collins Obi, Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, Francis Nzeribe, Evan Enwerem, Rochas Okorocha etc.
Entertainment. Sir Warrior, Kabaka, Dan Satch, Sunni Bobo, SARO WIWA, Genevive Nnaji, Onyeka Onwenu, Saint Obi, Jim Ikyke, Francis Duru, Kanayo. Kanayo, Rita Dominic, Emeka Rollers, Kenneth Nnebue, Emmalex, Bruno, Aki, Mazi Elekwachi Ukonu, Clad Eke (Jegede Sokoya), Lomaji Ugoji (Icheoku), Charlie Boy.
etc.
Law. Mike Ahamba, Chudifu Oputa, Ben Nwabueze, Chief Ogwuegbu etc.
History: Adiele Afigbo, Isaaac Uzoigwe.
Psychology. Dennis Ugwuegbu.
More to come soon
Saro Wiwa? Na wa o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore Harassed At Abuja Airport For Filming (Video) / Bashir Ahmad Reacts To His Reported Sack By President Buhari / The Police Station Built By Shauibu Saleh, Kaduna North LGA Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.