Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,377 members, 7,910,895 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 07:29 PM

What Is Imo State Best Known For? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Imo State Best Known For? (45785 Views)

Is Imo State Currently The Least Developing State In Southeast? / 5 Things Nigeria Is Best Known For Around The World / Is Imo State Not Supposed To Be Rescued by The New Government? What's this? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by oboy3(m): 11:53am On Jan 19, 2013
Imo state has beautiful girls and Night life in Owerri na bam,but what i dont like na their Food
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 19, 2013
Na envy go kill all N20 okro and 1gallon of palm oil eaters

1 Like

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by egbenduru: 11:59am On Jan 19, 2013
Just to correct some errors here,Emeka Rollars is from Ihiala in Anambra state,Pius Anyim hails from Ebonyi state,the two are not from Imo state
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Yahoo1(m): 12:01pm On Jan 19, 2013
i have been to imo once,though i just stayed for 24hours,so i wuldnt know anything bout all dos,but the female imolites i've seen made a positive and negative impression,...positive in the sense that their usage of english is quite impressive,and negative in the sense that they are nothing to write home about,they have scary hairs,they can even ask u to make them yur intimacy gadget,they are saucy lots most of d time. sum1 shuld pls go ask Cossy Ojiakor who is her real mum,she must be an imolite.

ogwukwa ka olam n'onu
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Ikengawo: 12:03pm On Jan 19, 2013
Good
Academics, Good Looks, Intelligence, Athletics, Acting/Production,Cleanliness, Best night life in SE, Achievers, Hard workers, Hotel Tourism, Religious, Relaxed environment, Bongo Music, Independent Minded Women, Successful women, Good Wives

Bad
Prostitution, Kidnapping, High Bride Prices, High Cost of Land/Living, Clannish Mentality, Low Regard for Tradition

my unbiased assessment. I still believe Imolites are the most consistently intelligent people in Nigeria. Even the stupid ones are highly talented lol.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by jadajada: 12:03pm On Jan 19, 2013
Ada owerri.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by oboy3(m): 12:03pm On Jan 19, 2013
egbenduru: Just to correct some errors here,Emeka Rollars is from Ihiala in Anambra state,Pius Anyim hails from Ebonyi state,the two are not from Imo state
even Jim iyke that is from Anambra,the andrew guy thief am put for Imo
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 19, 2013
ideology: the number of hotels is the state is too much, and they are still building more .
it's an indicator of thriving tourism.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by omocalabar(m): 12:09pm On Jan 19, 2013
exhorbitant and unreasonale bride prices, imsu...a school where most of the gels are invited for sex through social media and sorting the other of the day and finally the highest exporter of prostitutes to lagos
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by AndreUweh(m): 12:10pm On Jan 19, 2013
mayor-cowboy:

u tried with the history.
but,Pius Anyim is from Ebonyi south. not in any where related to Imo.
thanks cool wink
Dan Anyiam not Pius. Anyim is from Ebonyi state. While Dan Pius Anyiam is a foremost Green eagle. The central stadium in Owerri is named after him.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by AndreUweh(m): 12:13pm On Jan 19, 2013
o'boy:
even Jim iyke that is from Anambra,the andrew guy thief am put for Imo
I wrote Dan Pius Anyiam and not Pius Anyim.
Jim Iyke is from Isiala Mbano in Imo state.

1 Like

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Jarus(m): 12:16pm On Jan 19, 2013
Otokoto
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by AndreUweh(m): 12:24pm On Jan 19, 2013
Jarus: Otokoto
It has been mentioned earlier by two or three posters. LOL.
How about our Super Eagles currently in South Africa which Imo state has contributed 5 players.

1 Like

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by oboy3(m): 12:29pm On Jan 19, 2013
Andre Uweh:
I wrote Dan Pius Anyiam and not Pius Anyim.
Jim Iyke is from Isiala Mbano in Imo state.
do you think anybody that bears iyke is from Imo?
Am talking about the Nollywood actor ooo
Google it jim iyke is from Enugu agidi in anambra,he was born and bred in Gabon
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by liveogd(m): 12:31pm On Jan 19, 2013
Expensive bride price
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by GentleNaaz(m): 12:32pm On Jan 19, 2013
Andre Uweh: IMO state is best known for high level of education. Since 1991, IMO state has led in university enrolment in Nigeria.
IMO state is best known for football. Since super falcons was formed, IMO state has produced one third of her footballers.
Heart of Igboland and completely surrounded by Igbo people.
gbamest

3 Likes

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by nollywood20: 12:39pm On Jan 19, 2013
valicious1:
Naeto c is from emekuku owerri imo state. His mother was the former minister for aviation, obasanjo's fuucktoy & now ambassador to ireland Dr kema chikwe .

[size=18pt]Obasanjo's what?[/size]
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by nollywood20: 12:42pm On Jan 19, 2013
[size=18pt]Please, do you understand the question in English or should I translate it into Igbo?

What Is Imo State Best Known For?
Is different from what Imo State is known for?

Please, stop name dropping of personalities who are not what the state is best known for?
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Ikology(m): 12:49pm On Jan 19, 2013
Tusky44: Imo state is known for education. It stands behind Anambra in producing world renowned brains but far behind when it comes to business and entrepreneurship. Anambra is the father and mother of all Igbo land.

The colonial pacesetters in Nigeria.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by vanstanzy(m): 12:51pm On Jan 19, 2013
Mods' these are the kinda topics u put up in the front page? Will i be wrong if i write that "Nairaland MODs' are a joke"?
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Libkid(m): 12:55pm On Jan 19, 2013
Mortiple: Shut up! Have you ever travelled out of your village before? “Them say, them say".
embrace urself boi.truth hurts but we really gat to say it.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Libkid(m): 12:59pm On Jan 19, 2013
Yahoo1: i have been to imo once,though i just stayed for 24hours,so i wuldnt know anything bout all dos,but the female imolites i've seen made a positive and negative impression,...positive in the sense that their usage of english is quite impressive,and negative in the sense that they are nothing to write home about,they have scary hairs,they can even ask u to make them yur intimacy gadget,they are saucy lots most of d time. sum1 shuld pls go ask Cossy Ojiakor who is her real mum,she must be an imolite.

ogwukwa ka olam n'onu
u are on point
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by overdrive(m): 12:59pm On Jan 19, 2013
Known for home of ibari ogwa!
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by hubreality(m): 1:10pm On Jan 19, 2013
Home of Mbaise Ancient Kingdom
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by AndreUweh(m): 1:30pm On Jan 19, 2013
hubreality: Home of Mbaise Ancient Kingdom
what Mbaise ancient kingdom. Is there anything like Mbaise kingdom.

Abeg no disgrace my state here if you no get any important thing to write.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by hubreality(m): 1:45pm On Jan 19, 2013
Andre Uweh:
what Mbaise ancient kingdom. Is there anything like Mbaise kingdom.

Abeg no disgrace my state here if you no get any important thing to write.
Na Mbaise state sef. grin Great people, you see them everywhere in the world.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by theripper: 1:46pm On Jan 19, 2013
Nna, d babes dey Fine.

1 Like

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Dede1(m): 1:49pm On Jan 19, 2013
Abagworo:

Oga Andre is looking at Imo from an old wider view. Imo has been divided and Anyim's part is now Ebonyi State .

I guess Andy was in the SPORTS grove when he wrote Pius Anyim instead of Dan Anyim the former national team skipper.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by pcmadu(m): 1:56pm On Jan 19, 2013
Mbaise, the owner of Imo State.... Their personal property(lol)
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Dede1(m): 2:12pm On Jan 19, 2013
Imo State is another name for Excellence.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Ebubejesus(m): 2:16pm On Jan 19, 2013
Andre Uweh: It also includes: Flora Nwapa, first female novelist in Nigeria. Pita Nwana, first Igbo novelist. F.C Ogbalu.
Mobi Oparaku, Uche Okafor, Pius Anyiam, Kevin Onwana, Aloy Agu, Angus Ikeji, Emma Osigwe, Bengy Nzeakor, Austin Eke, Pat Ekeji, Sam Okparaji, Celestine Bayero, Dick Tiger, John Chiedozie, Henry Nwosu, Tony Ukaechu, Ben Akwuegbu etc, Alloy Agu, Emmanuel Amuneke, Uche Nwoha.
Politics. King Jaja, K.O Mbadiwe, Sylvester Ugoh, Sam Mbakwe, RBK Okafor, Collins Obi, Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, Francis Nzeribe, Evan Enwerem, Rochas Okorocha etc.
Entertainment. Sir Warrior, Kabaka, Dan Satch, Sunni Bobo, Saro Wiwa, Genevive Nnaji, Onyeka Onwenu, Saint Obi, Jim Ikyke, Francis Duru, Kanayo. Kanayo, Rita Dominic, Emeka Rollers, Kenneth Nnebue, Emmalex, Bruno, Aki, Mazi Elekwachi Ukonu, Clad Eke (Jegede Sokoya), Lomaji Ugoji (Icheoku), Charlie Boy.
etc.
Law. Mike Ahamba, Chudifu Oputa, Ben Nwabueze, Chief Ogwuegbu etc.
History: Adiele Afigbo, Isaaac Uzoigwe.
Psychology. Dennis Ugwuegbu.
Pls remove jim iyke because he is from Anambra State
More to come soon
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by AndreUweh(m): 2:17pm On Jan 19, 2013
Tusky44:

That should be D1ck Tiger cool
YEAR, D1CK TIGER IHETU. HE BROUGHT FAME TO NIGERIA THROUGH BOXING.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

The Police Station Built By Shauibu Saleh, Kaduna North LGA Chairman / Pictures Of Gallant Nigerian Soldiers At The Field / MURIC Condemns January 1st As Public Holiday For Christians To Enjoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.