Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,621 members, 7,951,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 06:43 PM

What Software Have You Created [remix] - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Software Have You Created [remix] (5598 Views)

Poll: What is the major obstacle for Nigerian programmers?

Bad power supply: 22% (7 votes)
Lack of team work: 38% (12 votes)
'Cos they are black: 0% (0 votes)
Not many have access to internet: 16% (5 votes)
Laziness: 16% (5 votes)
They are not appreciated: 6% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

What Software/applications Sells In Nigeria Nowadays / What Software Have You Created? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Software Have You Created [remix] by lojik(m): 2:10am On Apr 22, 2008
Good to see u guys are attempting sumtin even though its pretty small.
Wont it be worthwhile to attempt something more challenging? i see no challenge in doin sumtin as basic as a contact app or whatever u call it that can be done from scratch in 10mins or less using a RAD tool wit mysql or sqlite.
Why not take on sumtin like "Encyclopedia of Nigeria"? It may look big 2 sum people but its going to stretch your skills. remember, he who aims at the sky shoots higher than he who aims at the top of trees.

Anyway, i'm new in this forum and so far in naija, i've developed d fflw apps

lojik = new Array();
lojik[1] = "The Republican"; /*a no installation required cd based game 4 chicken republic's childrens' day promo in 2006*/
lojik[2] = "Inventory Software 4 interwireless 2006";
lojik[3] = "Scriptura 2007"; // Nigeria's 1st comprehensive & commercial bible software
lojik[4] = "Biblica"; //Interactive Bible Software with 2008 Open Heaven daily devotional 4 RCCG
lojik[5] = "I-Path 2008"; //Interactive Pathology Atlas and Examiner (commercial)
lojik[6] = "Mice-Maze 2007"; //Mobile phone game
lojik[7] = "Biblica Mobile phone bible";
lojik[8] = "Royal Funville 2007-2008"; //Interactive educational software 4 kids
lojik[9] = "text Out"; //free commandline text to speech software/utility for programmers
lojik[10] = "Encyclopedia of Nigeria"; //Lost source codes when my hard disk crashed so i dumped it.
lojik[11] = "English Dictionary";
lojik[12] = "Desktop calculator, Mobile phone calculator";
lojik[13] = "lots & lots of others";

wanna see my softwares? mail me & i'll tell u stores where u can d commercial ones.

I code actionscript in flash/swishmax and enhance it wit appriopriate wrappers. i do vb, php and sum java but i love actionscript.
Re: What Software Have You Created [remix] by prodgalson: 3:24pm On Apr 22, 2008
@lojik:
My favorite is :
lojik[13] = "lots & lots of others";

Too funny. Anyone that gets AS is all good in my book, even though you use swishmax (ugh).
Are you using AS3 yet? and what about flex?

I'll drop you a line. the name is ikezi.
Re: What Software Have You Created [remix] by lojik(m): 6:23pm On Apr 22, 2008
i use AS3 but i dont use it for big projects yet. i'm still far better on AS2.
Re: What Software Have You Created [remix] by rukatech: 2:01pm On May 04, 2008
candylips (m), Please see my posting under: US-based Co needs IT Companies from Nigeria as business.
Re: What Software Have You Created [remix] by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 10, 2008
sadHi could u guys give me some training manual on java programming and what ve been your experience so far on java
Re: What Software Have You Created [remix] by zmovement(m): 7:00pm On May 10, 2008
I know you must be absolutely pissed off by the credits which Nigerian programmers arrogate to themselves, hey, it ain't easy being a pro (forget your quest for excellence and the challenges you seem to be throwing around).
Besides, it ain't easy to go the whole hog, trying to get those qualifications (MCSE, CCNA/P, OCA/OCP), but I think that I know about one or a couple of nerds who can do just about anything (from serial port tricks to graphics progamming using Arena multimedia software). They just do not get the respect and encouragement which they deserve, so much Nigerian indifference, Anyway, you know what? I just told them to learn a foreign language and afterwards try booking an empty container on any sea-bound vessel-for their talents' sakes-how about that?
Re: What Software Have You Created [remix] by candylips(m): 4:26pm On Jun 27, 2008
rukatech:

candylips (m), Please see my posting under: US-based Co needs IT Companies from Nigeria as business.
Can you provide a link to the thread you are talking about.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Best Place To Learn Web Development & Programming / Developing A Professional Bluetooth Instant Chat Messenger With Java / Scanning Images From Php

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.