Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,990 members, 7,873,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:29 AM

AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 - Sports (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 (66953 Views)

CHAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 / 2013 AFCON: Nigeria To Play Zambia, Ethiopia and Burkina Faso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by OmoTier1(m): 9:22pm On Jan 21, 2013
Aadeolu: Come on! Go sit down. Don't give us hope.
wetin concern me if you no get hope?.. Abeg Park for one side and put on your inner light cool
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by mazinaija: 9:23pm On Jan 21, 2013
By the time we play our last group match, super chickens will be heading back to their respective clubs ( some back to warm their bench).Then Keshi will be sacked.Three months later NFF will hire a new coach to build another new team and the cycle continues. Olodo Keshi that left his best legs.

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by ola1233: 9:23pm On Jan 21, 2013
A one goal lead is never a lead.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by 3ace(m): 9:24pm On Jan 21, 2013
if I copy and paste the user names of people viewing this thread, this page go shift go next page sharperly. Then, guys go crucify me die. Thank God say I no watch the match.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Toroze(m): 9:24pm On Jan 21, 2013
odukoko: I wonder what osaze,martins,taiwo will be feeling now!
Omo Guy Nah Roseh 4 hand while listening to d'banj's ontop of the world
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 21, 2013
See traffic shocked shocked even guests. grin
Anyway I weep 4 Naija embarassed cry
On a serious note I'm still behind the super eagles, you gone make it don't worry.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by lordimpaq(m): 9:24pm On Jan 21, 2013
baby-boy:

It wasnt Yobo's fault it was the other defender who wanted to turn with the ball instead of booting it 60 yrds into the crowd!

That was the point, I thot I was the only one that noticed the other guy was trying to control the ball....and also the corner hold up instead inexperience took the better of musa.

baby-boy:

This is where we miss Shittu, no nonsense defender

If Shittu was in the game we would blame him as well...so I think its best we leave him out of this. cheesy

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by jaidor: 9:25pm On Jan 21, 2013
Encapsulation (In summary)

Super Eagles = Super Errors

If u r in doubt go drink cement+water.

No more super errors update on nairaland's frontpage.

Thread Closed!
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Dandostism: 9:25pm On Jan 21, 2013
chreld_b: i cant believe this! How I go take sleep this night?
even me sef!
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Eziachi: 9:25pm On Jan 21, 2013
Bosuntop: Biafra national team
With Nigerian mentality and attitude grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Gbotun(m): 9:25pm On Jan 21, 2013
tony_m1: [size=24pt]WILL NOT BOTHER WATCHING THE NEXT NIGERIAN MATCH[/size][size=24pt]

I beg go watch am now, cos meself no dey go!!
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by brightk(m): 9:25pm On Jan 21, 2013
kudos 2 super chickens.. live training match i guess abi live rehearsals on tv...nice ones.. stupid coach n useless players..imagine d weak goal used 2 equalize
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Tinyemeka(m): 9:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
Lol. Looking at the number of users and guests viewing this topic, I feel strongly tempted to copy and paste the names in this reply now. :-)

Immediately Burkina Faso scored, I just went to ease myself, came back and switched to MTV Base shaperly. Cant be having any heartbreak this evening. Which people play sef? undecided

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by fdigital(m): 9:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
so disapointed with keshi boiz rt nw ..
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by AndreUweh(m): 9:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
Calm down Nigerians. We are still in the competition. We still have Ethiopia and Zanbia to play against. Surely, they are not as strong as B.Faso. How about Spain that lost their opening match at the last world cup yet they came back after that loss and won the competition.
Biko, be patient Nigerians, it shall be well.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by drmat: 9:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
Oboabona took the shine (shame) off Yobo at the last kick of the game.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by BANGASOUP1: 9:26pm On Jan 21, 2013

go drink garri sleep abeg
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by lazcole: 9:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
Lack of experience cost the Nigerian team the game, the team did well, and i was impressed with the team all round performance.

A fair result, a good game for the neutral.

Super Eagles pick up yourselves and go for it again, it's just the first
match, you have six point to fight for, and with that performance and a bit of clinical finish in front of goal. you guys should be smiling to the quarter-finals.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by JideTheBlogger(m): 9:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
Now, The Eagles are on their own oooo....

Siasia will just be laughing somewhere now...
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by seunlayi(m): 9:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
pls, do'nt blame NTA or BON for their inability to broadcast the match live. This is business, nigeria sponsor or advert can not rake in the expenses if they bother to pay the exorbitant fee placed on the right and I believe they are also doing this to punish the right holder for always placing a huge amount on Nigeria Television as this will no doubt affect their projected revenue.

3 Likes

Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by young9ja(m): 9:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
Sori 4dem
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by RedLight1: 9:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
sweetcheecks:

You agree with me joor. grin cool
but u cant compare Nigeria with south africa ... though they played game rubbish tonight ..but rsa is awful ... they cant even create a chance let alone score

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Tpave(m): 9:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
Refree follow spoil the match. He is really against us. North African man.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by vision2050: 9:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
15697 viewers. Chia! super chicken you get fans ooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by KayDee4: 9:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
adevest: Many on this forum had suggested that the players should have run out the time. I totally disagree. If they have scored the second goal instead, it would have demoralize the Burkinables. And at the time when the Burkinables were desperately looking for the equalizer is perfect timing. Unfortunately, the mistake was made. Ok. It is not the end of the world. The team should be allowed tolearn and adjust and ganner experience and confidence which is still lacking. Even the Burkinables seems more composed than our own super eagles. Friends! the present crop of players are potential super eagles and not the real super eagles, we should therefore not expect too much from them at this time. Remember, the super eagles were renamed so only after they have proven themselves.

Keeping the ball to see the game out with 3 points in the bag would have been a wise way to go, considering that we were a man down, midfield had collapsed and the clock was ticking towards the final whistle.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by dady12: 9:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
madam ...madam ,i dey call u since u no won anwser ma abi?,give me 2 bottle of star with bonga fish, siasa, osaze ,taye tawo ,make una sit down na?una know say on friday will still drink again ooo.all these useless greedy player won make football tire person ,just imaging,4 seconds to go,they cannot hold ball for time ,keshi dey bring strikers when he is having short one , useless,Bleep u
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by stagger: 9:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
ola_pluto: 20 seconds to ref whistle, you're in opponent's half, Onazi with the ball, SHOULD HAVE GONE TO THE CORNER FLAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The I.di.ot decided to go for goal with Ahmed Musa and IK Uche! Seriously?? Pissed. Headache..
ola_pluto: 20 seconds to ref whistle, you're in opponent's half, Onazi with the ball, SHOULD HAVE GONE TO THE CORNER FLAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The I.di.ot decided to go for goal with Ahmed Musa and IK Uche! Seriously?? Pissed. Headache..

Can't believe it. So many scenarios to have rescued the game.

a) Musa should have taken the ball to the corner flag.
b) Ike Uche should not have tried the one-two. Hold the ball and try to weave and draw a free-kick.
c) Ok, they lost the ball, and it was a 3 on 4 situation. Obuabona should have held off making the tackle. Ok, he did not hold off. He went in. Now if you go in for the tackle in that situation, you either win the ball, or take out the striker. The worst you get is a yellow card. He did neither.
d) Now the Burkinabes play the one-two and they are in the 18 yard box. No more tackles can be made by Nigerian defenders at this point. The team on the ascendancy, trailing by a single goal with seconds to go on a goal scoring opportunity will get the referee's sympathy on any tackle made at that juncture. Yobo and Obuabona both should have taken responsibility for the final clearance. You come in the way the two of them did, you are not coming to trap the ball. You are coming to clear it, and this is where they both made the mistake; trying to trap the ball coming in at full speed. That was where it was blown.

Basic rules of defending I played with in the early 90s in school. Can't believe that professionals in 2013 cannot do what they needed to have done to seal the game.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by promzy555(m): 9:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
P.U.S.H:
Kechi, not a Good coach. Your boys can't even hold possession, can't complete attack. Burkina faso is a better team. Oh shit African Football, 1 hell of a boring shit.
who told u kechi is nt a gud Coach,until Nigeria use al d coaches in dis world,b4 u kn eagle's need permanent coach Chelsea fan..
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
kaydwu-tang:
cryThe reff was not fare @ all
As in the ref no give us transport FARE abi... No mind am

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by onatisi(m): 9:30pm On Jan 21, 2013
did keshi take any midfeilder to this championship?if he did i didnt see any in our team,all i could see was strikers and defenders
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by BANGASOUP1: 9:30pm On Jan 21, 2013
Andre Uweh: Calm down Nigerians. We are still in the competition. We still have Ethiopia and Zanbia to play against. Surely, they are not as strong as B.Faso. How about Spain that lost their opening match at the last world cup yet they came back after that loss and won the competition.
Biko, be patient Nigerians, it shall be well.

guy u smoke,abeg park well jor

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (52) (Reply)

Jose Mourinho Falls At Wembley As England Loses To Spain (Photos) / Oghenekaro Etebo And Isi Ebhota With Their Son, Wealth (Photos) / Mikel Is 7th Best Paid African Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.