Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,614 members, 7,975,381 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 01:42 AM

How Do You Successfully Handle Anger In Your Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Successfully Handle Anger In Your Relationship? (589 Views)

How To Handle Anger In Your Marriage Or Relationship / 4 Tips For Dealing With Anger In A Relationship / How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Successfully Handle Anger In Your Relationship? by BlackOyinbo: 12:15pm On Jan 25, 2013
Whenever I'm angry with my spouse, I stop talking and possible excuse myself to avoid saying things i could never take back.

Though this avoids problems but it may also encourage her to misbehave...Don't know if its the most effective.

Share how you successfully handle situations where you are upset.
Re: How Do You Successfully Handle Anger In Your Relationship? by oyinbogirl(f): 4:13pm On Jan 25, 2013
Well done. I do the same, and as far as possible try and keep my cool. Tell the significant other why/and what made you angry. Dont be afraid to ask for a little time out to gather your emotions and thoughts. Cos, angry words once said, can never be taken back. It can cause emotional scars. If I may ask, how did you come to the thought that walking away might cause misbehaviour? dont get that....
Re: How Do You Successfully Handle Anger In Your Relationship? by BlackOyinbo: 6:58pm On Jan 25, 2013
There's the risk that she may begin to take d gesture 4 granted...like she can do/say anything and get away with it. Afterall, I'll be back when I'm calm.
Re: How Do You Successfully Handle Anger In Your Relationship? by oyinbogirl(f): 10:13am On Jan 26, 2013
Tell her that then. Then she will know its time out not the end of the matter

(1) (Reply)

How To Be 100% Effective At Work.... / How Do U End A Marriage To An Igbo Lady With A Bad Mother. / What Is Your Own Version Of St.valentine Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.