Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,872 members, 7,909,267 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 09:19 PM

. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / . (8829 Views)

Farming for business : Ideas / A-Z Of Registering A Non Governmental Organization (NGO) In Nigeria / Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 12:23pm On May 09, 2013
Just want to appreciate all those that have purchased this very informative manual. .hoping for your responses soonest as you proceed in your poultry enterprises.
Re: . by angeljoy: 4:14pm On May 09, 2013
I am interested as a Nairalander please send details to yom4impact@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks in advance
Re: . by sammyhaven: 4:46pm On May 09, 2013
- Ad removed -
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 6:14pm On May 09, 2013
angeljoy: I am interested as a Nairalander please send details to yom4impact@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks in advance

mail sent
Re: . by bestinfo: 9:13pm On May 09, 2013
pls kindly send the details to: info_bestlink@yahoo.com
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 4:42pm On May 12, 2013
bestinfo: pls kindly send the details to: info_bestlink@yahoo.com

mail sent, check your mail
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 11:54am On May 13, 2013
sammyhaven: - Ad removed -
Thanks for the good job moderator
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 7:16pm On May 13, 2013
A lot of factors should be considered before setting up a poultry farm. And one of them is the issue of water supply. There should be a near by water source for the poultry farmers to be able to cleanup the poultry house and feed the birds .
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 1:24pm On May 14, 2013
Another factor to be considered on the long run is your market, meaning those that will be purchasing your produce from time to time, market research is one thing that you should carry out to enable ease of sales when your produce from the farm is ready for sale. All these details have been discussEd in my poultry business manual. To get a copy of this manual send me mail to sleekseal200 at yahoo dot com. Have a blessed day.
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 5:58am On May 23, 2013
More updates coming soon.Thanks all
Re: . by knowledge4(m): 3:53pm On May 23, 2013
[color=#006600]On this page, I have discussed much about the profitability and sensitivity of the chicken farming business in 14 posts below. You must read all the posts on this blog if you are really interested in chicken farming and need some information about the business.

It is a lucrative business in Nigeria if well managed from inception and the market is there, ready made. There are egg traders who go out of Lagos to as far as Ibadan and beyond to look for eggs. Frozen chicken is big business in Nigeria but smuggled into the country as it is officially banned on the Import Prohibition List. These show that there is a gap in the market to be filled. Besides these, there are other investment opportunities in the industry besides the farming aspect.There is always room for a new entrant into any aspect of the business.

Now, I want to discuss how a careless farmer can lose money in the business without knowing until it is probably too late. There is a report on this blog titled ‘Cost Analysis Report’ which explains the cost of operations for the setup of a small chicken farm of 200 layers for egg production.
The report also explains how egg production work i.e. the general rule in egg production (that a chicken will lay an egg a day for up to 24 months) and the several exceptions (the reasons why it is not actually so & the exact position).
It also explains how you can forecast a realizable egg production and income estimate from a given number of chickens. It is an important report for starters who need to understand the figures.

Before you go set up a chicken layer farm, you should understand the natty-gritty of egg production because there is a loop that your farm staff can exploit to pocket your money and you will not know. It is advised that the owner of the farm be there to manage his farm or maintain very close supervision if he is an absentee owner.
If he is an absentee owner, the farm manager must be a honest and trusted person. His operational competence is also important. If your manager/farm staff is not honest and exploits the loop (one of the exceptions) in egg production to your own disadvantage, then you are on the losing end. This is a clear fact and one prime reason why some chicken farms have closed down especially those owned by absentee owners.

If you understand egg production general rule and its 6 exceptions, you will be able to tackle the loop to reduce egg pilferage to the barest minimum and make maximum returns. The cost analysis report is for those that are really interested in the business and need to understand the figures.

If the owner cannot be available to supervise his investment and cannot get a trusted manager, do not do the business. Before you set up a chicken farm, you must understand the exceptions in egg production and the loop that can cause you to lose money and the remedies.
Then sort out the issue of who supervises the farm. If your staff cannot steal eggs without you knowing, there are other avenues they will try. However,do not be discouraged from doing the business.But knowing in advance the pros and cons help so that you know how to run the business more profitably.The truth that you know sets free.

You must have a good record keeping system which enables you know how the farm is standing financially at any point. What you are to keep record of on daily basis has been explained in the layer report (How to set up and operate a profitable layer chicken farm in Nigeria: A Beginner’s Guide).
Then, when you observe that you are losing money, you have to know what exactly is going wrong. One of the common reasons is egg pilferage by farm staff. If egg losses are not controlled, it can ruin a large farm where little drops make an ocean.

If you have a small backyard farm producing less than 10 crates daily but a farm staff steals a crate a day valued at N700.00, the loss is N21000.00 monthly. If the fraud goes on unchecked, within few months, the farm will become financially distressed as a result.

This is why I say that the owner should understand how egg production works to be able to reduce egg losses to the barest minimum even if he is available to manage his farm. It is when the farmer understands the system that he can devise a remedy to check losses.
The solution is a simple common sense application that anyone can apply.You need common sense in this business.
If you have 1000 healthy, well fed layer chickens at the peak of production and your farm manager gives you an average daily egg production report stating 20 crates and you believe just like that, then you are the one working for your manager.

Then a control system should be put in place to check abuses by farm staff.You should understand the mentality that farm staff exhibit and how it can adversely affect farm fortunes.There are four major atrocities poultry dishonest farm staff do which can ruin a farm.
Staff recruitment, supervision and monitoring is important.Engage staff you can trust. The management i.e who manages the farm is a crucial factor to success because if you put all the factors in place but have incompetent, untrustworthy staff in charge, the farm may fail.

The report discusses the factors to consider before setting up a backyard farm in a home. Many backyard farmers have problems and some have been frustrated in the business. How some dishonest consultants rip off starters will also be highlighted in the report

Nairalanders,
The above article was lifted from my poultry blog word for word.My signature is below where the post was lifted from.The OP is not a farmer, i am solidly sure. He is an information marketer who does not have any farming experience and cannot defend what he is selling because he does not know it.There are too many of them on this forum lifting articles from other sites and re-posting them as theirs. That is FRAUD!
Re: . by knowledge4(m): 4:05pm On May 23, 2013
Poultry Farming for Nigerians: Profitability Analysis for Starters
This is the segment that discusses the ins and the outs in the lucrative but sensitive chicken farming business to Nigerians. You will learn the sweet and the bitter aspects of the business on this e book to be able to know how to cross the bridge before you get to it.Please read with an open mind.

The problem that some people have in the business is waiting to reach the bridge before knowing how to cross it. That is a wrong mindset.

The profitability analysis is about the financial projections for 12 months of egg production for a 200 chicken layers farm and a 200 broilers farm raised from day old age. Those applying for entrepreneurship/agricultural loans or grants will find it useful for writing their proposals or to support their applications.

The financial projection or profitability analysis (Profit & Loss Accounts) for 12 months has the following:
A) Layers Chicken:
1) Analysis of egg revenue from 1000 layers on daily and monthly basis for 12 months
2)Revenue from the disposal of old layers at the end of egg production
3)Analysis of farm expenses(diesel costs, salaries,transport,consultancy,miscellaneous,etc) on a daily and monthly basis for 12 months
4)Depreciation of major farm assets on a daily and monthly basis for the 12 months
5)The analysis of feed costs at the different stages of development in the chickens for the initial 20 weeks and during the egg production phase.
5)Gross and Net Profit position daily and monthly
6) Farm assets to set up + cost
7) The Sunk Cost i.e. the analysis of operating costs for the first 20 weeks from day old status to the commencement of egg laying

A cash flow projection for 12 months of sales is included in the report.A separate report that explains the workings, how each of the figures on the spreadsheet for 200 layers was arrived at is attached.

If you are a Nigerian and a starter, interested in chicken farming,and need information about the business,please read the blog posts below with an open mind. The e book contain valuable insights about the business.The posts teach you what to know to do rightly, and what to avoid doing, in the chicken farming business to avoid costly mistakes.

Then knowing what to do and what to avoid, you can confidently go set up your farm.But you are advised not to go it alone as a beginner.Please get support from an experienced farmer or poultry/livestock consultant for more detailed information and guidance.

Make a diligent search for a seasoned and competent poultry/livestock consultant to support and guide you regarding the set up of the farm.There are many livestock consultants wherever you are. Get a competent one, and you are on the right course to set up your farm.

(Like)

Nairalanders,
The post above is mine, lifted from my poultry blog, word for word. This is fraudulent practice, claiming what is not yours.My signature below is my blog where the post was lifted from.
Re: . by knowledge4(m): 4:11pm On May 23, 2013
Poultry Farming Business: A Goldmine

If you are a Nigerian looking for a small business to do,please endeavor to read and digest all the posts about poultry farming.
Stop roaming the streets looking for a non existent job.Stop looking for a visa to Europe and loosing money to fake visa agents.

A 200 chicken farm is a micro-farm which can be set up in a home backyard.Do you know that if you have JUST 200 healthy layer chickens producing eggs for you,your monthly revenue from eggs alone is more than N90K? That is if you run the business well in the right manner.Next time you see a chicken on the street,you are seeing a goldmine.For the statistics, check the FEASIBILITY analysis in my manual.

One of the most common fears is the fear of chicken deaths or high failure rates or mortality rates.I disagree to a large extent.Chickens die.Is that any big deal? Don’t humans die? Are chickens and humans not living things? Do we have power over our living and death? Do not humans with the best comforts of life – food, money,drugs & other essentials of life- slump and die?

If you are afraid that some of your chickens may die, why are you not afraid of driving? Or eating? Or sleeping? Or marrying? It is a risk too to drive a car, to eat, to sleep and to marry a husband or a wife.People get killed while driving.People eat poisoned food and die.People sleep and do not wake up.People often marry the wrong partners and come out of it with scars and bruises and regrets and life goes on.if you are scared of risk, do not ever step out of your bedroom because you may get hurt.

Do not be afraid or scared of the business on account of chicken deaths. Prepare your mind that you will lose some chickens.The standard normal mortality rate is 8-10% of your stock per year provided that you have done everything that you should do. If you have 100 layer chickens, you should not lose more than 10 in 12 months. if you do lose chickens over 15%, then it is abnormal and indicates that something is obviously wrong that should be promptly investigated and corrected.

In many cases, it is due to farmer ignorance or negligence by the failure to do what is necessary at the right time.

An instance is where you fail to do the evacuation of the chicken droppings at the appropriate time.If the chickens get affected by diseases and as a result the farm experiences chicken deaths or poor production,is this not negligence on the part of the farmer?.

Assume you lose 10% of the chickens during the year which means that you now have 190 old layers to dispose.If you dispose during Christmas,the selling price was a minimum N700.00 in Lagos @ Xmas 2013.You earn about N136,000 from the sale as an addition to the revenue earned from the sales of eggs during the egg production period.Your sources of income are egg sales, sales of the layers at the end of the laying period and sales of chicken waste i.e. poultry manure to crop farmers.

The statistics here is a realistic projection,not a hype.For you to realize this revenue, you must understand all the processes and workings of the business and apply them meticulously.

You must have properly managed the chickens from inception and also operate the farm under excellent conditions.Managing the chickens properly from inception and operating the farm under excellent condition is where the real work is.

This is not a business you set up and hand over to just anyone to manage for you because they may not represent your interests the way you expect.The owners personal attention to supervise the farm is very necessary even if he has personnel in charge.Now,if the owner does not know how poultry farming operates,then how will he know what is going on?If the staff know the business better than the owner,they may rip him off and take him for a ride.

This is the reason why it is essential that the owner should have some knowledge of the business to be able to understand what is going on in the business.Knowledge is one of the greatest assets in business.If however you can get a trusted and competent and trained hand to manage it for you,all will be well.But if you put an incompetent hand in charge,you may regret coming into poultry business.

Most of those who failed in this business and are spreading negative stories about it are those who ventured into it with a get-rich quick mindset or who had no training in the business or who engaged incompetent hands and had no time to supervise it or those who expected overnight results and had no patience.Poultry farming is hard work and not for the lazy.There is no short cut in this business

Nairalanders,
The post above was also lifted from my blog(signature below).The OP is not a farmer,i am sure.I have traced my blog posts to several sites.
Re: . by Lawmann: 5:25pm On May 23, 2013
@knowledge,you are right.These so called info marketers are criminals.lazy hungry fools.i will be the last person to patronize them.
Re: . by AyodejiCharles(m): 11:51am On Jul 18, 2013
Informative write up so far.
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 3:14pm On Jul 31, 2013
AyodejiCharles: Informative write up so far.

Thanks and God bless
Re: . by ini4brandon(m): 4:05pm On Jul 31, 2013
MrNigeria.:
invest in this business and experience the
profits that poultry farmers enjoy.

Imagine selling just 5 crates of egg daily at the rate of 600 Naira. ...the TOTAL INCOME made will be #3000 in JUST ONE DAY
INCOME. Profit nko? abi the fowl no go chop?
Re: . by AyodejiCharles(m): 12:05am On Aug 04, 2013
MrNigeria.:

Thanks and God bless

You are welcomed Sir
Re: . by gracy83: 9:41pm On Aug 04, 2013
Pls send details of payment to oke_oghene4real@yahoo.com
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 3:02pm On Aug 12, 2013
gracy83: Pls send details of payment to oke_oghene4real@yahoo.com

Sent Ma, Check your Inbox
Re: . by Abbey4life: 8:58am On Aug 26, 2013
Pls i need the details. kindly send to abbeyprof@yahoo.com
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 8:46pm On Aug 26, 2013
Abbey4life: Pls i need the details. kindly send to abbeyprof@yahoo.com

Reply Sent
Re: . by Lawmann: 7:54am On Aug 27, 2013
@op,are you a farmer?where is the location of your farm?How long have you been into poultry farming?i always tell people that reading a manual can never make you a GOOD livestock farmer.if u are serious with ur life and you want to start ANY business,please go and learn it.stop wastening ur money on ebooks,practical training is the way.you people should stop patronizing all this hopeless people selling ebook.MOST of them are not practising farmers.i call them LAZY LAPTOP farmers.look for a gud farm within or outside Nigeria and learn whatever u want.this advice is helping me today and i believe it will help u also.GOD BLESS U ALL!
Re: . by ade2008(m): 3:25pm On Sep 01, 2013
Welldone lappy poultry farmer; i need ur manual .
Re: . by Abbey4life: 5:21pm On Sep 03, 2013
MrNigeria.:

Reply Sent

I know you dare not send anything. MrNigeria has gone hiding. Be bold enough to defend your write-up man. na wa o
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 7:16pm On Sep 03, 2013
Lawmann: @op,are you a farmer?where is the location of your farm?How long have you been into poultry farming?i always tell people that reading a manual can never make you a GOOD livestock farmer.if u are serious with ur life and you want to start ANY business,please go and learn it.stop wastening ur money on ebooks,practical training is the way.you people should stop patronizing all this hopeless people selling ebook.MOST of them are not practising farmers.i call them LAZY LAPTOP farmers.look for a gud farm within or outside Nigeria and learn whatever u want.this advice is helping me today and i believe it will help u also.GOD BLESS U ALL!

I SEE NO REASON WHY YOU JUST START MAKING IRRELEVANT CONCLUSIONS WITHOUT ANY EVIDENCE!
YOU SAY I AM NOT INTO FARMING THEN HOW ON EARTH WILL I COMPLETELY PRODUCE A 64 PAGED THE TRAINING MANUAL WITHOUT THE KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE GAINED ! HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE YOU SEEN WRITING AND PRODUCING AN AGRO BUSINESS MANUAL IN NIGERIA? IF IT WAS SO EASY TO JUST WAKE UP AND COMPILE SOMETHING OF SUCH NATURE THEN IT WILL BE ALL OVER THE INTERNET BY NOW!

I don't have issues to raise with you if all your intention is to condemn me without any evidence ,many Nigerians and even some Kenyans have gotten the manual and they expressed their gratitude to me for such an informative manual. If you are not happy with another man success, then it won't cost you anything to just keep quiet and pass by. I believe you are a matured person and I don't need to start exchanging words with anyone here! Peace and God Bless.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get Airtel Free Recharge Card, Mtn, 9mobile And Glo All On Chateko Give Away / Oando Acquires Conocophillips For $1.5 Billion / My experience with Jumia #solved.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.