Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,715 members, 7,918,204 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 04:25 AM

Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU (29625 Views)

#OutBreakInOAU: Disease Out Break In OAU Trending On Twitter / July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife / Saburi Graduates After 12 Years In OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by wengerjay(m): 1:53pm On Jan 31, 2013
He has not broken any record.I knw of a student who spent more than 14yrs in the university.I respect him so much bc he never betrayed the trust students had in him.He was admitted in Oau as a medical student and was expelled wen he got to 400 level as a result of his active involvement in student activism.He took another JAMB and got an admission in one of the north-central universities to study medicine for second time.There,he continued wit his student activism,he rose against some draconian policies of the university mgt,spearheaded many alutas..He ws suspended and reinstated several times.The last time,he was expelled bt reinstated by court injunctions.He passed all his clinical medical exams once.He is nw a medical doctor today.He spent almost 17years in the university fighting the course of justice and fairness.I salute the Medical doctor nicknamed GBOSA.He originated the popular shouts of 'gbosas'.I also salute the courage of SABURI and the likes of Tony fash of oau,the aristotle of unilorin.All has nt lost anything in life,it is not hw far bt hw well.

2 Likes

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Osgilliat(m): 1:57pm On Jan 31, 2013
aluta continual.,..but na for your house sure pass.
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Alamutatalo: 2:00pm On Jan 31, 2013
The guy is smarter than U all think,he already has a HND in engineering and did not jst waste all those years.The fight was'nt about him alone.He stood for what is right and fought the authorities to a standstill.The VC did'nt learn frm history and made the same mistakes his predecessors made with tony fash and co.Faborode(the VC) swore at various fora dat Saburi will never graduate frm IFE,I bet the old man is gnashing his teeth now!
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 31, 2013
For those of u who do not know Saburi. He's not cursed by anybody bt if Nigeria should have people like saburi who is a progressive and concious comrade, I bet u all Nigeria would have been better than this. He was once our Student Union President who kicked against increment in school fees, bad governance by d management and embezzlement of school funds. For this, d management sent him to prison and also suspended him. Despite all dis he still remains our precious president.
Saburi Saburi ayi ayi ooo
Saburi Saburi ayi ayi oooo.
May u succeed in ur life endeavours. Thanks for the legacy you have laid down for us.
May ur days be long!
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by nuorlah: 2:01pm On Jan 31, 2013
I hope our journalists will do better by providing photos when they give reports on their online news papers. Getting these pictures was an herculian task grin

So when he comes campaigning or what have you,you'd know he is dat Saburi..

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by reeeT(f): 2:02pm On Jan 31, 2013
Congrates Saburi...If at all it was ABU Zaria,I think you will not graduate because back then in school there are U91 students who had moved all round different departments and still yet,they didt graduate.Am happy 4u.#tankGodisnotABU#
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by abeldav(m): 2:03pm On Jan 31, 2013
That's the news about great men....Never easy but they still live...HAIL SABURI

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Tolexander: 2:04pm On Jan 31, 2013
this is not fair enough! Akinola Saburi only spent 12 years.
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by nuorlah: 2:06pm On Jan 31, 2013
Is Saburi a Muslim name?

#justasking
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by TableLeg(m): 2:07pm On Jan 31, 2013
Wonderful cheesy
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by wellmax(m): 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2013
Tolexander: this is not fair enough! Akinola Saburi only spent 12 years.
Guy you are wrong!

1 Like

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by mercilize(f): 2:22pm On Jan 31, 2013
mrkels: There used to be a guy like this in uniben back in the days, wasn't a politician though, very brilliant but he never graduates from school, iwhen I entered school, he was in final year , to my greatest suprise when I was leaving they said he was just about entering final year . He moved from department to department, held tutorials here and there, and paced about like some1 who wasn't mentally stable. Only God knows where he is now.
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 31, 2013
na good thing. His own educational system na 6-3-3-14
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by delors(m): 2:25pm On Jan 31, 2013
@OP! Isnt this my post that is now yours? I posted this same headline two days ago...exactly the same headline! How come this is now yours and my name has been deleted? And the comments all deleted? This is so ridiculously unbelievable! Can you pls tell me how this works? angry
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Ribaman(m): 2:29pm On Jan 31, 2013
HAH: Those abusing this comrade don't know what they are saying, they are those that will perpetually be in slavery in the guise of employmentm

This guy has already build his CV if you don't know, it is his type Human right watch and transparency international are looking for.

Aluta continua my brother

Hear, hear!
Your post literally took the words out of my mouth!
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Tolexander: 2:29pm On Jan 31, 2013
wellmax:
Guy you are wrong!
how?
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 31, 2013
omo i don check d guy name for google o, d guy popular lyk mad
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by addemy: 2:35pm On Jan 31, 2013
Ordinary writing last paper and you are all rejoicing like this. Fellow Great Ife please help me tell them that until your name comes out in convocation list you are not done yet ooo!!!has he seen the result of the last set of papers he wrote? has he seen all his electives? has he done his clearance? anyways he ll sha graduate one day.
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Sayfat(m): 2:36pm On Jan 31, 2013
Nelson Mandela spent 27 years in prison to become the first black President of SA. Dont know who Saburi is, but mark my word he will be more successful in politics and in life than most people who graduated with first class in his set. He indeed is a hero.
Thanks for speaking my mind.
SABURI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE MY HERO.
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by kingingkinging: 2:39pm On Jan 31, 2013
Congrats man. Ife! Great Ife. The school whose unionism brought the likes of Femi Falana, Abike Dabiri, etc out. I view this development with a nostalgia because there are some people whom he fought for that are counting their millions now, there are people that were in the struggle with him but are fotunate to escape the hammer of the authority eg Wale Eleto-Zenith Bank, Lanre Fatai-Access Bank, Olowu Maxwel-Abroad, etc However, like his political icon and hero, Malcom X, he has chosen to fight for the emancipation of his people.

Congrats man!!!
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by HiDee2(m): 2:44pm On Jan 31, 2013
Saburi was my President during my undergraduate days at Great Ife (OAU).

He was an eloquent, fearless and intelligent student activist. He was one of those who motivated me to actively join student unionism & activism the following academic session.

There was a school of thought that he made some 'avoidable' mistakes during his tenure which gave Management the leeway to pick on him.. Some of us will remember that chapter with cold chills.

I am glad he made it at last. I always knew he would.. Cngrats my Comrade President.

Of the Greatest Ife, Greaaaaaat!

1 Like

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by finni(m): 2:51pm On Jan 31, 2013
I pity this generation with their irrational thoughts. The Saburi I know is a comrade that has built his CV academically and politically. Apart from being a National Diploma & BSc. Degree Certificate holder, he has more than two IT certification that could feed his family.

We must stop these negative comments about a true hero. I was part of the struggle then at OAU but did not have the mind to face the suspension and expulsion that people like Malcom-x, H.T. Soweto, Dr. 3A's, Andrew Ogumah, Olowokandi Peter and the master of them all Akinkunmi Olawoyin faced. For this courage they possessed, I bow for them as the titans of this generation.

I know so many of us has the history of Labara Maku at hand, but do not forget that there was a Judas in the only twelve disciples of Jesus then. There so many "Judases" in students' struggles in our generation but I can not envisage a Judas from the few I mentioned above.

1 Like

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 31, 2013
how old is the dude, wey him don dey suffer lyk mandela younger brother. him future look gloomy walai. the next thing na life imprisonment. wait sef, did he make good grades abi dem just free am like the children of israel??
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Demdem(m): 3:06pm On Jan 31, 2013
Jarus:

His own is even small - just 12 years. Tony Fash spent 21 years (1989-2010); Obesere spent close to 15 years; Dr 3A's (medical student) spent about 17 years; Isiaka and others also spent not less than 10 years. All of them student activists; rusticated, fought for by other students; reinstated after like 6 years; and battle continued.

Chai, Obesere grin grin
That guy na nutcase.
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by coolestboy(m): 3:08pm On Jan 31, 2013
Pls op, i need 2 know d class he graduated wit and what's his discipline?
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 31, 2013
njokusboy: how old is the dude, wey him don dey suffer lyk mandela younger brother. him future look gloomy walai. the next thing na life imprisonment. wait sef, did he make good grades abi dem just free am like the children of israel??
some people are just daft. Can't see any sense in wat uv jux typed.
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Subuhanalahi: 3:10pm On Jan 31, 2013
Congrats
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Ahmedie25(m): 3:12pm On Jan 31, 2013
specialguest: 14 years = 2 degrees, 2 masters and a phD.
this is impossible in Nigeria univerisities
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by finni(m): 3:12pm On Jan 31, 2013
coolestboy: Pls op, i need 2 know d class he graduated wit and what's his discipline?

He studied Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Afritop(m): 3:15pm On Jan 31, 2013
CONGRATULATIONS TO HIM! HOWEVER THE CELEBRATION WILL BE COMPLETE WHEN THE FINAL RESULT COMES OUT
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by wellmax(m): 3:16pm On Jan 31, 2013
Tolexander: how?
Are you too blind to see the pix i attached?
That is Saburi with that inscription on his shirt.
Calculate from 1999-2013. Gbam!!!
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by wolegzy: 3:16pm On Jan 31, 2013
I remember that song of those OAU days. Saburi! Saburi! Hai Hai oh! Saburi! Saburi! Hai Hai oh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Free SS1 - SS3 ICT (Computer Studies) Lesson Notes For 1ST, 2ND AND 3RD TERMS / Police Kill & Bury Uniben Student Unjustly / Osun Reverts To 6-3-3-4 Education System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.