Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,698 members, 7,918,179 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 02:20 AM

Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU (29623 Views)

#OutBreakInOAU: Disease Out Break In OAU Trending On Twitter / July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife / Saburi Graduates After 12 Years In OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Peppermum(m): 7:44pm On Jan 31, 2013
angel TI: saburi saburi ayi ayi ooooo. dis guy was d SUG President wen I was in pt1. I remember his chantings den in MOZ.....
... Dats true, wat also in part 1 den
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Gboliwe: 8:14pm On Jan 31, 2013
Ola Johnson:
What then would you say about Comrade Tony Fash who spent 21 years in the same school?
twenty whaat?
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by wazobiaforu(m): 8:26pm On Jan 31, 2013
[color=#006600][/color][b][/b][size=8pt][/size]
SABURI SABURI ... HAI HAI OOOOOO
I love this guy so much, he is surelly an activist.
PDP was part of the people that make him to spend longer years in OAU, i could remember vividly when former Gov of Osun state, the person of Oyinlola cast all the votes of OAU students to himself while all student were not on campus,because the then VC was a PDP appointed by Obasanjo and Saburi stand against Oyinlola for casting votes of all students that was not on campus to himself.

Kudos to this hero
SABURI SABURI ..HAI HAI OOOOOO

2 Likes

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by banjul01: 8:31pm On Jan 31, 2013
Congratulation, Sabur baba,at last u graduated from OAU.I could still remember d struggle of 2003 with Olowo against the school management.
Infact a comrade like u is rare n scarce.The struggle u led when the school fees was increased by wicked management for the sake of the less privilege can neva b forgotten.I luv u,more power to ur elbow.Saburi,saburi,hai, hai, o,saburi,saburi,hai,hai oooo.Of the greatest Nigerian studentssssss,yes oooooo,greatest gbagba,gbigbi............Old memory.
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 31, 2013
Lsf malcom X dasiz be elongawire and I salute ur courage for standing firm for d struggle of greatest Ife and today u had made history...and I prayed that God should give u ur heart desires according to ur wishes IJN.
Am happy to be among your history during your regime back then in OAU. You are indeed a great man of honor.

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 31, 2013
angel TI: saburi saburi ayi ayi ooooo. dis guy was d SUG President wen I was in pt1. I remember his chantings den in MOZ.....
Great Ife. i was in fine year then. do u have any new about Dr 3As?has he been restated?
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by toygod2: 9:26pm On Jan 31, 2013
saburiiiiii
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 31, 2013
Congrats Saburi. The Sky is just your Starting point.
the entire thread has just refreshened my OAU memory. ...of the greatest Ife.
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Ogbuefienubiaka: 9:35pm On Jan 31, 2013
I pity him. What a sad story as he did not play his politice with sense.
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by lanryB: 10:00pm On Jan 31, 2013
rman: He is not hero or legend, he is plain stupid!

Wasting his productive years in school.

See you! I can bet you are one of those who want EVERYTHING to go on smoothly without HITCHES.....anyhow...Great Ife students appreciate him like....
This is Nigeria sha, people like him make up for the lost years by becoming politicians.
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by lanryB: 10:03pm On Jan 31, 2013
rman: He is not hero or legend, he is plain stupid!

Wasting his productive years in school.

This is Nigeria sha, people like him make up for the lost years by becoming politicians.

See you! I can bet you are one of those who want EVERYTHING to go on smoothly without HITCHES.....anyhow...Great Ife students appreciate him like....
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by shuddyy: 10:28pm On Jan 31, 2013
wengerjay: He has not broken any record.I knw of a student who spent more than 14yrs in the university.I respect him so much bc he never betrayed the trust students had in him.He was admitted in Oau as a medical student and was expelled wen he got to 400 level as a result of his active involvement in student activism.He took another JAMB and got an admission in one of the north-central universities to study medicine for second time.There,he continued wit his student activism,he rose against some draconian policies of the university mgt,spearheaded many alutas..He ws suspended and reinstated several times.The last time,he was expelled bt reinstated by court injunctions.He passed all his clinical medical exams once.He is nw a medical doctor today.He spent almost 17years in the university fighting the course of justice and fairness.I salute the Medical doctor nicknamed GBOSA.He originated the popular shouts of 'gbosas'.I also salute the courage of SABURI and the likes of Tony fash of oau,the aristotle of unilorin.All has nt lost anything in life,it is not hw far bt hw well.

U must be talking of Tosin Akinrogun/Arogundade (not sure I got the surname right).
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Comradeomoiya: 10:36pm On Jan 31, 2013
congract my galant comrade u are highly yokopio
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by thompsob(m): 10:46pm On Jan 31, 2013
this tread just brought the whole memories back.oh my great ife! 1999 to 2006.just 7 year for 5 year course and no extra oo.great ife.thompson wil always remember you
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by pyx: 10:55pm On Jan 31, 2013
another MAO
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Gboliwe: 10:59pm On Jan 31, 2013
So many OAU alumni here. Do you people have a course 'NAIRALAND' in school?
Good to reunite with school mates.

1 Like

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by sp2002(m): 11:03pm On Jan 31, 2013
bet me. jobs are awaiting him
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by prodam(m): 11:14pm On Jan 31, 2013
Akinola Saburi iz a conqueror..in an attempt 2 ensure rectitude, he faced intimidations from self-centered administration and political kangaroos with nefarious intentions..at the end, he won!..
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by meedx: 11:55pm On Jan 31, 2013
yeah, i quite recall the chant, was in Moz hall then.
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by meedx: 11:58pm On Jan 31, 2013
Like OAU students would say "OPE OH" on his behalf.
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by meedx: 12:01am On Feb 01, 2013
Holacunlay: Lsf malcom X dasiz be elongawire and I salute ur courage for standing firm for d struggle of greatest Ife and today u had made history...and I prayed that God should give u ur heart desires according to ur wishes IJN.
Am happy to be among your history during your regime back then in OAU. You are indeed a great man of honor.

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by meedx: 12:05am On Feb 01, 2013
Laalamed:
Great Ife. i was in fine year then. do u have any new about Dr 3As?has he been restated?
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by meedx: 12:05am On Feb 01, 2013
Laalamed:
I was abt asking after him. I respect that guy, Dr. 3As, d guy has got brains, 2 intelligent.
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by wazobiaforu(m): 1:30am On Feb 01, 2013
Holacunlay: Lsf malcom X dasiz be elongawire and I salute ur courage for standing firm for d struggle of greatest Ife and today u had made history...and I prayed that God should give u ur heart desires according to ur wishes IJN.
---------_______---------
I wanto yokopio that dis baba is a karid entity, can you fire me your nomenculala maybe we can decodamus. Lsf of WHQ i amua

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by gulfer: 3:19am On Feb 01, 2013
Labaran Maku was once a comrade angry grin
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Nobody: 4:21am On Feb 01, 2013
14 freaking years? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

that's like the same amount of time a child can spend from kindergarten to SS3...dayyummm!!
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by drlizzy(f): 5:14am On Feb 01, 2013
Jarus:

His own is even small - just 12 years. Tony Fash spent 21 years (1989-2010); Obesere spent close to 15 years; Dr 3A's (medical student) spent about 17 years; Isiaka and others also spent not less than 10 years. All of them student activists; rusticated, fought for by other students; reinstated after like 6 years; and battle continued.
You don't say.It really goes to confirm the saying that if you stand for the truth you always stand alone.
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Tunbolity(m): 9:23am On Feb 01, 2013
I thank you all for the comments and the contributions but Comrade Saburi is not a focusless being,the powers dat be only thought they could peg his destiny.If you believe in any cause even,if you fight fot the cause and lost,you will still feel fulfilled.
Comrade Saburi Akinola is a living hero.Had it being we have a students' union on ground,I would have moved for a befitting sendforth for him to be sponsored by the union......
Ganiyu Quadri(Com. Cordree),500 level,Law,OAU
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Demdem(m): 9:53am On Feb 01, 2013
Tunbolity: I thank you all for the comments and the contributions but Comrade Saburi is not a focusless being,the powers dat be only thought they could peg his destiny.If you believe in any cause even,if you fight fot the cause and lost,you will still feel fulfilled.
Comrade Saburi Akinola is a living hero.Had it being we have a students' union on ground,I would have moved for a befitting sendforth for him to be sponsored by the union......
Ganiyu Quadri(Com. Cordree),500 level,Law,OAU

So no union till date or when was it banned again? Na wa for OAU ooo
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Clazzik: 10:27am On Feb 01, 2013
Congratulations for graduatin nt for spendin a whole 14yrs on 4 or 5 yrs course.... Hw old will he be by now?.... Just thinkin....
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by entadaplace: 10:44am On Feb 01, 2013
Torlark: I remember d interview he had with Socioscope News Agency before the election (was among d crew team), the manifestoe night at Afrika Amphi Theatre, the arrest and Release-saburi-from-Ilesa Prison symposia at Awo Cafe, his testimony in court that Oyinlola rigged 2007 election, Oyinlola PDP claimed 30,000 votes from OAU polling booths while Great Ife Students were at home. Who voted then? Maybe the bats.
Saburi is an iconoclast in OAU. He must be a card carrying member of ACN now (Omo Aregbe)
TORLARK IDENTIFY URSELF PLEASE. I AM OLUSEGUN ADEYEMI OF SOCIOSCOPE
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by arokans(m): 11:16am On Feb 01, 2013
Congratulations

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Free SS1 - SS3 ICT (Computer Studies) Lesson Notes For 1ST, 2ND AND 3RD TERMS / Police Kill & Bury Uniben Student Unjustly / Osun Reverts To 6-3-3-4 Education System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.