Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,346 members, 7,910,769 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 04:21 PM

Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. (20685 Views)

Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. / Renewed Clashes between Benue and Ebonyi Communities Claim 10 / 30 KIlled In Clashes Between Alago & Berom People In Nasawara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Mavrick2012: 11:16am On Jan 30, 2013
Jarus: I am from Offa and spent the first 18 years of my life there.

I grew up hearing and reading about the Offa-Erin Ile communal clash of late 1970's, and remember seeing a picture [in Pa James Olafimihan's book, Iwe Itan Offa (history of Offa)which I read many years ago] of then Head of state, Obasanjo, with the traditional rulers of the two communities signing peace accord in 1979.

Too bad, 34 years on, the hostility hasn't ended. There were similar clashes in 2005 or thereabout before then Governor Bukola Saraki settled it for them, after many lives had been lost.

News reaching me from home say the Erin people started the offensive again. This is not the time to trade blames. I hope our elders will come to their senses and end thsi hostility. Too bad.
bros u said "dis isnt d time to trade blame" yet "news" reachin u 4rm ur home says "erin ppl started it".WHAT AN IRONY.lol

1 Like

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by crispgg: 11:20am On Jan 30, 2013
I am from Offa and I have lots of very good friends from Erin-Ile.

I also heard about the history of communal clashes between the two towns.

I hate this nonsense, the government should step in and put an end to this confrontation. Those who are to blame should be punished within the confines of the law. All this is happening because of poverty, joblessness and myopia.

1 Like

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 30, 2013
We all know who the bully is: A town continually at loggerheads with all its neighbours, indeed the whole of Oyun Local Government. Even the city of Ilorin is not spared in their furry; the bully is an aggressive community that took up arms against innocent students of the Federal Polytechnic it hosts, shooting at students with several deaths recorded (who says Allu is the worst student host community?) If you don't remember that, the families of deceased students do and the Federal Polytechnic community marks that day till date and its a lecture-free day.
If not for God's mercy, the peace loving people of Erin-Ile would have been consumed.

2 Likes

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Smilingkola(f): 11:30am On Jan 30, 2013
Black Peni5: All these community clashes reminds us how primitive Nigeria still is...

We need a Moses to take us out of this wilderness called Nigeria

Vote Victor Moses for President 2015.
Black Peni5: All these community clashes reminds us how primitive Nigeria still is...

is d@ an idea?
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Smilingkola(f): 11:36am On Jan 30, 2013
naijamark: We all know who the bully is: A town continually at loggerheads with all its neighbours, indeed the whole of Oyun Local Government. Even the city of Ilorin is not spared in their furry; the bully is an aggressive community that took up arms against innocent students of the Federal Polytechnic it hosts, shooting at students with several deaths recorded (who says Allu is the worst student host community?) If you don't remember that, the families of deceased students do and the Federal Polytechnic community marks that day till date and its a lecture-free day.
If not for God's mercy, the peace loving people of Erin-Ile would have been consumed.
i was offa poly prdcts. U r rait.dis town is sumhw aggresive.wel,i pray dat God tk cntrl.

1 Like

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Horlawoomey(m): 11:48am On Jan 30, 2013
Ola0711: Islamic communities again! SMH!
. . . . . . . YOUR CASE IS SO PATHETIC. . .ODE AMUNKUN MEKO
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Jarus(m): 11:59am On Jan 30, 2013
I don't believe Offa people are aggressive. And objectively speaking now, not because I'm from Offa.

Yes, I agree our people get mouth, fit boast, yarn and all that, but they don't get tomthe extent of physical attack. Our people are hardly start fight. We are not a fighting people. That is why we always lose more lives anytime there is fight. It is just not our thing. Candidly, I think erin Ile are the aggressiv one and usually the one starting all the attacks, but I wont dwell on this, as it wont help matter.

Smilingkola: i was offa poly prdcts. U r rait.dis town is sumhw aggresive.wel,i pray dat God tk cntrl.
Offa people are not aggressive. They are accommodating. I remember the May 8, 2000 clash with poly students very well. I remember that day very well, I was preparing for my SSCE. The students shared part of the blame. They had this tendency of lording over indigenes, looking at indigenes as 'unexposed bush people', while forming 'Lagos' - even the ones that came from one village in Ogun state. However, I admit that the Offa community vigilante took the most of the blame - for stretching their watchdog (security) job beyond limit, needlessly interfering in students' affairs.

1 Like

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by abdulkayus(m): 12:10pm On Jan 30, 2013
Jarus:

We don't 'beef', we just tease you guys. Yes, I agree Offa people get mouth (sabi yarn), but it doesn't translate to aggression. We are not fighters. In fact, I'll say we are somehow not strong (beyond mouth). This is why even in those clashes with Erin Ile, we always lose more lives (despite our numerical strenght). The Offa people I know are not aggressive and not one to start fight. They only get mouth.

so u acceot nw dat Ilorin na their BABA. No matter hw dey gang against Ilorin esp d Offa dat always instigate dem, Ilorin will alwaus come out victorious. Bt i dont understand hw two communities who shared language, culture and other thing will always be at loggerhead wit each others. Ife vs modakeke, Offa vs Eri nle, Aguleri vs umuleri and others too bt ever since i hav been livin in d north, i hav never encountered dat here. Just dont knw y its common in d south.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by beylinko(m): 12:31pm On Jan 30, 2013
It has started again. If any1 knw d state governors number he beta call the military. This is more than what d mobile police could bear or Offa wil waste.
Things are really going bad
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by yoged(m): 12:32pm On Jan 30, 2013
Breaking news. The fight btw offa and Erinle has turn to a big chaos. My younger sister in Offa poly just called me saying they( std of fed poly offa) are on the run coz there has been exchange of gun shot
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by sanmori(m): 12:50pm On Jan 30, 2013
Again! God please help us in this matter and bring us everlasting peace in Erin-ile/Offa. It beat my imagination how we often loose our cool at the slightest provocation. We are too close to be enemies. Lets give peace a chance oooooooooooo.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Afam4eva(m): 1:01pm On Jan 30, 2013
Do Offa and Erin-ile people have the name of their town written on their foreheads? How do they differentiate between the two when they clash? How are they sure they're not killing people from their own town.

These community clashes from supposedly people from the same extraction are one of the reasons why some people think that separating the country will not wipe away all the problems because clans, towns, families will always want to claim superiority.

1 Like

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by W3xy1(m): 1:21pm On Jan 30, 2013
the God that settle the dispute btw modakeke and ife will help them out
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by biolanurat: 1:28pm On Jan 30, 2013
Wen will this Erin-ile pple come to terms wit the fact dt Offa is by no standards equal to them. They r backward cos of their jealousy. Pls grow up jor and leave my peaceful, progressive and adorable Offa alone. Ain't you tired of animosity

1 Like

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Yusluv77(m): 1:43pm On Jan 30, 2013
"Our war has ended because, war is now with us.."
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by kulikuli26: 1:48pm On Jan 30, 2013
beylinko: Erinle is the quite of the two neigbours. Offa always think with their population and money they can intimidate the Erin ile people. OFFA also have a long history of land disputes with their neigbours which includes Ijagbo,Ira,Ilemona,Ipee,Igosun,igbana and ojoku.
It is no longer news that offa went and hired machineries against the Erin ile people which didnt faze the unrelenting Erin iles. As for the state govt keeping mute, news has it they are keeping sides with the Offa
please get your facts right there is nothing that shows ilorin or state govt is taking side with offa because ilorin have always had running battle with offa, so there is no credence to this thing you are saying.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by aitanofi(m): 2:03pm On Jan 30, 2013
May 8, 2000 was a day never to be forgotten in d pursuit of my academic career @ FEDPOFFA, where i almost lost my life, bt i thank d almighty today for sparing my life. I can not imagine that after almost 13yrs of d clash, d hostility is renewed. My submission is this, whenever there is a communal clash between d two communities, Offa people will claim to be gentle while Erin Ile indigines will b claiming to be law abiding citizen, then who is deceiving who?, a case of pot calling kettle black, Well hope they retrace their steps before it is too late. Even on dis platform we av seen different people frm d two communities trading words to one another, i think is high time they embraced themselvs and tolerate one another, hope d whole fracas is settled in earnest.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 30, 2013
biolanurat: Wen will this Erin-ile pple come to terms wit the fact dt Offa is by no standards equal to them. They r backward cos of their jealousy. Pls grow up jor and leave my peaceful, progressive and adorable Offa alone. Ain't you tired of animosity

Don't mind Erin-le.... They re like thorn in Offa flesh!!

Abeg make dem no use Bone spoil Offa Flesh Joor oo!!!!
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 30, 2013
beylinko: It has started again. If any1 knw d state governors number he beta call the military. This is more than what d mobile police could bear or Offa wil waste.
Things are really going bad

Offa has never waste and shall never waste!!!!
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by lawal201: 2:20pm On Jan 30, 2013
Its is only those people that do not know Offa very well that are supporting them. Offa and Ipee are in fracas for a long time over some pieces of land. NURTW Ijagbo branch erected a garage on their land and Offa people went there and burnt down the garage, they claimed Ijagbo land belong to Offa. It has been more than a month that Offa people have been beating Erin-ile people crossing their town. This latest battle was caused when an old Erin-ile man went to Offa to collect money from GT bank, the old man was coming home and when he stopped the taxi and mentioned Erin-ile, they jumped on him and beat him to death. The Erin-ile people that went to rescue him were attacked by the Niger delta machineries hired by offa people. The war is going on now, where are the Offa people with their big mouth, Erin-ile people have reached Idi-Ogun and they are at the front of Offa Town hall now, let Offa people come out and meet them.
I am reporting this from Ijagbo, its real and authentic.

1 Like

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by beylinko(m): 2:26pm On Jan 30, 2013
lawal201: Its is only those people that do not know Offa very well that are supporting them. Offa and Ipee are in fracas for a long time over some pieces of land. NURTW Ijagbo branch erected a garage on their land and Offa people went there and burnt down the garage, they claimed Ijagbo land belong to Offa. It has been more than a month that Offa people have been beating Erin-ile people crossing their town. This latest battle was caused when an old Erin-ile man went to Offa to collect money from GT bank, the old man was coming home and when he stopped the taxi and mentioned Erin-ile, they jumped on him and beat him to death. The Erin-ile people that went to rescue him were attacked by the Niger delta machineries hired by offa people. The war is going on now, where are the Offa people with their big mouth, Erin-ile people have reached Idi-Ogun and they are at the front of Offa Town hall now, let Offa people come out and meet them.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Jarus(m): 2:57pm On Jan 30, 2013
biolanurat: Wen will this Erin-ile pple come to terms wit the fact dt Offa is by no standards equal to them. They r backward cos of their jealousy. Pls grow up jor and leave my peaceful, progressive and adorable Offa alone. Ain't you tired of animosity
These are comments that fuel the crisis.

And yes, I'm from Offa.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Jarus(m): 3:03pm On Jan 30, 2013
lawal201: Its is only those people that do not know Offa very well that are supporting them. Offa and Ipee are in fracas for a long time over some pieces of land. NURTW Ijagbo branch erected a garage on their land and Offa people went there and burnt down the garage, they claimed Ijagbo land belong to Offa. It has been more than a month that Offa people have been beating Erin-ile people crossing their town. This latest battle was caused when an old Erin-ile man went to Offa to collect money from GT bank, the old man was coming home and when he stopped the taxi and mentioned Erin-ile, they jumped on him and beat him to death. The Erin-ile people that went to rescue him were attacked by the Niger delta machineries hired by offa people. The war is going on now, where are the Offa people with their big mouth, Erin-ile people have reached Idi-Ogun and they are at the front of Offa Town hall now, let Offa people come out and meet them.
Offa and Ipee are not in any dispute, land or any other thing.
Offa and Ipee have mixed. I even jog to Erin Ile every morning for my exercise whenever I'm at home in Offa. Offa and other neighbouring communities - except Erin Ile - are at peace.

Which kain Niger Delta mercenary was hired? So for a clash that started 2 days ago, they had brought the ND militants all the way from Rivers/Bayelsa....in just 2 days!

I heard the battle is onoging now.

This is not good news for all of us, Offa and Erin Ile.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 30, 2013
Thank God I left school on time.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 30, 2013

The good people of Erin-Ile have nothing to be jealous about. And your statements are very unfortunate, calling some people backwards as if they're Neanderthal.
You will understand that Erin-Ile is not isolated, she has neighbours bordering several towns in Kwara state (Igosun, Ilemona, Ira etc) and in Osun state (Ila-Odo, Oyan, Ila-Orangun etc). Yet, there's never been any issue of confrontation/ land dispute with all these neighbours. We know who the bully is and the good Lord that created a cow without tails helps it drives away the flies.

1 Like

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Princeadebayo1(m): 4:33pm On Jan 30, 2013
Erin ile people attacked and got rid of offa today because offa didnt have the intention of fighting and they are not prepared for it which shows that they have even forgeting the issue with erin ile.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Afam4eva(m): 4:52pm On Jan 30, 2013
Jarus:
Offa and Ipee have mixed. I even jog to Erin Ile every morning for my exercise whenever I'm at home in Offa. Offa and other neighbouring communities - except Erin Ile - are at peace.
Abeg, how big is this Offa that someone can jug from their to another town.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by peckhamboi: 5:10pm On Jan 30, 2013
Jarus:
Offa and Ipee have mixed. I even jog to Erin Ile every morning for my exercise whenever I'm at home in Offa.

If dem born you well, make you jog enter Erin Ile next time and see what happens to you.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Jarus(m): 5:10pm On Jan 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
Abeg, how big is this Offa that someone can jug from their to another town.
LOL

Doon't know the landmass, but Offa has a population of between 300,000-400,000 (that's close to Cape Verde population).

Okay, an example in Lagos: Offa's lenght if like Bonny Camp almost to Jakande roundabout.

Got more than one places I stay, but where I stay most is close to the border of the town, so I can jug to Ipee in less than 20 minutes.

All these towns are already intertwined and boundaries built up with houses, so if you stay to close to the border you can trek to a nearby community.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Residence Permits Of Expatriates In Atiku’s Intels, Other Companies Revoked / Biafra: We Do Not Support IPOB - British Government / IPMAN Backs Fuel Hike, Says Members Will Not Be Part Of NLC Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.