Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,718 members, 7,945,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:00 PM

Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. (20725 Views)

Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. / Renewed Clashes between Benue and Ebonyi Communities Claim 10 / 30 KIlled In Clashes Between Alago & Berom People In Nasawara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 31, 2013
donroxy: Tis a regret for Offa having Erin as Her Neighbour........!!!

Olu of Offa met the Erin Ile and Ipee community here. They gave him a piece of land and he was forbidden to plant cash crops hence the potatoes things. That's what you do to settlers. You can not re-write history.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by pazienza(m): 12:14am On Jan 31, 2013
LFJ: Shame on the headers of these two communities. What does it take to live in peace? I will advise ppl like Jarus to call their ppl at home that war is not the solution to this problem. This is just a prototype of Nig vs Biafra when few ppl with their own interest drag the whole community into meaningless war.

Bia, hold it there! Don't bring in biafrans into your senseless wrestling match, abi na clash,just park one side.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by shuddyy: 1:03am On Jan 31, 2013
lawal201: Its is only those people that do not know Offa very well that are supporting them. Offa and Ipee are in fracas for a long time over some pieces of land. NURTW Ijagbo branch erected a garage on their land and Offa people went there and burnt down the garage, they claimed Ijagbo land belong to Offa. It has been more than a month that Offa people have been beating Erin-ile people crossing their town. This latest battle was caused when an old Erin-ile man went to Offa to collect money from GT bank, the old man was coming home and when he stopped the taxi and mentioned Erin-ile, they jumped on him and beat him to death. The Erin-ile people that went to rescue him were attacked by the Niger delta machineries hired by offa people. The war is going on now, where are the Offa people with their big mouth, Erin-ile people have reached Idi-Ogun and they are at the front of Offa Town hall now, let Offa people come out and meet them.
I am reporting this from Ijagbo, its real and authentic.

Big fool!!! Go to hell with your satanic news.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Akanbiedu(m): 1:21am On Jan 31, 2013
To think that Nigerian government gave out land (Bakassi) full of honey and milk, when people are killing over land.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Nobody: 2:22am On Jan 31, 2013
naijamark:

Olu of Offa met the Erin Ile and Ipee community here. They gave him a piece of land and he was forbidden to plant cash crops hence the potatoes things. That's what you do to settlers. You can not re-write history.

Oga ,
u keep on ranting here and talking about what u don't know........am not gonna start telling u the History of Offa here cuz it is obtainable any where!!!

Erin Maja Masa means ERIN EQUALS VIOLENCE.......ERIN NEVER SHY AWAY FROM VIOLENCE!!!!

@the end of the day,There is nothing for Offa to Destroy in Erin!!!.........Offa bear it all,God always rebuild Offa and very soon(few weeks to come) Erin-le always come and chop outa it......(same place u re working,any slight thing......u ensure u burn it down cuz it is owned by Offa)

Offa never restrain Erin to conduct business in Offa.......Haba!!!

Eleyii ooo aa poju!!

There should be lasting peace and Harmony between Offa and Erin-le!!!....... Alaafin and Ooni must intervene self!!! This is absurd !!!
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Jarus(m): 6:55am On Jan 31, 2013
naijamark:
We all know this is Allu attack on University of Port Harcout students. Similar to the attack carried out by the people of Offa on the students of Federal Polytechnic Offa on May 8, 2000.
Stop this cheap propaganda, we know who. the murderers are.

I pray so. These pictures being circulated are gory and I hope they are not from Offa.

1 Like

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by beylinko(m): 6:57am On Jan 31, 2013
Dos of you talking about what u don't know keep saying it. Properties worth Millions of naira were destroyed and many lives were lost. The kwara state goverment dat declared curfew yesterday did just that on the radio without backing it up with neccesary force. If they had done it when this whole thing was brewing around jan 5,it wouldnt have being worse.
Imagine, heard some solders just came in dis morning after announcing curfew ystday aftanoon. Who is decieving who? ERINLE people are loving people, this is a story of people intimidated beaten,provoked and pushed to the wall so they just have to fight back.
This is really bad!i tell yah lasting peace is in christ alone

1 Like

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 31, 2013
Jarus:

I pray so. These pictures being circulated are gory and I hope they are not from Offa.

There's no Yoruba community even in a war that will butcher people like this. That picture is foreign to the present crises.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Funjosh(m): 8:32am On Jan 31, 2013
Please is OKIN buiscuit still in Offa town?
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Jarus(m): 9:11am On Jan 31, 2013
naijamark:

There's no Yoruba community even in a war that will butcher people like this. That picture is foreign to the present crises.

Thank God. But people whose relatives I know have been killed, even if not gory like this. Killed owner of Central hotel is a brother to my friend.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Princeadebayo1(m): 9:16am On Jan 31, 2013
Afam4eva:
Abeg, how big is this Offa that someone can jug from their to another town.
pls let us be sensible,did the person he juged frm the extreme of offa into erin or from a point in offa to erin.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Princeadebayo1(m): 9:16am On Jan 31, 2013
Afam4eva:
Abeg, how big is this Offa that someone can jug from their to another town.
pls let us be sensible,did the person said he juged frm the extreme of offa into erin or from a point in offa to erin.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by delpee(f): 9:17am On Jan 31, 2013
I am not from Offa but from what i was told and information written in some books on Offa/Offa Grams. Sch., i observed that:
1.Offa had long been in existence but many of them migrated to Iloffa, Offatedo,Iyana Offa etc during the Yoruba wars. They resettled there after the wars by which time Erin was firmly on ground. Moremi the heroine was an Offa indigene married into the Ife royal family which shows Offa had existed for a very long time.

2.Between 1949 and 1966, records show that Offa Grams had many non indigenes on her payroll including names like Utulu, Emodi, Ekpenyong, Awesu, Briggs, Obiako. Even the first set of principals were non indigenes which shows that Offa people are very accomodating and fair minded. They always strive for the very best.

3. The presence of the NRC (railways) brought a lot of non indigenes to Offa many of whom enjoyed the hospitality of the indigenes. Many non indigenes have built their houses in Offa and live in peace. Some older family friends(non indigene) who grew up in Offa and schooled there always talk about theiv experience there joyfully. They are still in touch with the town and have done a lot for their former school.

Many people are judging wrongly just because Offa is bigger and wealthier than Erin. Erin people in my opinion should learn to live with a neighbor that cant be driven away while Offas should be more humble.

So sad about the gruesome death of Bukola Lawal, the hotelier and a very enterprising man. May Gods peace be upon him.

2 Likes

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Princeadebayo1(m): 9:21am On Jan 31, 2013
beylinko: Dos of you talking about what u don't know keep saying it. Properties worth Millions of naira were destroyed and many lives were lost. The kwara state goverment dat declared curfew yesterday did just that on the radio without backing it up with neccesary force. If they had done it when this whole thing was brewing around jan 5,it wouldnt have being worse.
Imagine, heard some solders just came in dis morning after announcing curfew ystday aftanoon. Who is decieving who? ERINLE people are loving people, this is a story of people intimidated beaten,provoked and pushed to the wall so they just have to fight back.
This is really bad!i tell yah lasting peace is in christ alone
erin ile people are loving people?,they are as wicked as something else.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Princeadebayo1(m): 9:25am On Jan 31, 2013
donroxy:

Oga ,
u keep on ranting here and talking about what u don't know........am not gonna start telling u the History of Offa here cuz it is obtainable any where!!!

Erin Maja Masa means ERIN EQUALS VIOLENCE.......ERIN NEVER SHY AWAY FROM VIOLENCE!!!!

@the end of the day,There is nothing for Offa to Destroy in Erin!!!.........Offa bear it all,God always rebuild Offa and very soon(few weeks to come) Erin-le always come and chop outa it......(same place u re working,any slight thing......u ensure u burn it down cuz it is owned by Offa)

Offa never restrain Erin to conduct business in Offa.......Haba!!!

Eleyii ooo aa poju!!

There should be lasting peace and Harmony between Offa and Erin-le!!!....... Alaafin and Ooni must intervene self!!! This is absurd !!!
honestly speaking,erin ile need to pay for what they did.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by superior1: 9:44am On Jan 31, 2013
Erin-ile a da girigiri bo Offa, I think there is history between these two communities that need to be done with. I am quite familiar with those two and they are very hospitable communities. I just don't understand this senseless killing although I suspect ego being a factor.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Toydav(m): 10:28am On Jan 31, 2013
why dis people com dey do like dis nah, abi we go talk say dem no get sense?
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 31, 2013
Funjosh: Please is OKIN buiscuit still in Offa town?
Okin biscuits is in Ijagbo and not Offa. I doubt if they still produce if that's what you want to know. I love that biscuit it was biscuit of choice for generations.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by biolanurat: 6:54pm On Feb 01, 2013
Jarus:
These are comments that fuel the crisis.

And yes, I'm from Offa.

Sorry for d outburst. But u r aware dt erin - ile pple are always d first to start d trouble. They lay in ambush for offa pple. Offa pple r free minded but Erin pple are always planning for war against d unsuspecting Offa. They burnt down my granpa's shop in saw mill. The old man is not a combantant so wats his offence. They killed Bukky Lawal, pls tell me wat is his offence. I believe they shld go back to drawing table lay down their grievances and stop these senseless killings. Long live iyeru.

1 Like

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Afam4eva(m): 6:58pm On Feb 01, 2013
With comments on this thread, it goes to show that Nigeria may remain the way it is. Most people that are directly involved in the crisis between Offa and Erin-Ile are illiterates and the people who are supposed to see reason are fueling the hatred on this forum with the exception of jarus. If supposedly educated people can be talking like this, then there's no hope. If my village is always fighting with another village, as an educated person, i won't take sides. i will judge issues as a neutral and profer solutions to the problem.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by biolanurat: 7:11pm On Feb 01, 2013
naijamark:

The good people of Erin-Ile have nothing to be jealous about. And your statements are very unfortunate, calling some people backwards as if they're Neanderthal.
You will understand that Erin-Ile is not isolated, she has neighbours bordering several towns in Kwara state (Igosun, Ilemona, Ira etc) and in Osun state (Ila-Odo, Oyan, Ila-Orangun etc). Yet, there's never been any issue of confrontation/ land dispute with all these neighbours. We know who the bully is and the good Lord that created a cow without tails helps it drives away the flies.

Sorry for dt word but pls stop d self pity. U r now playing d victim. Hv you asked urself why is it dt it's always Erin-ile dt starts d trouble. Offa has bin stretching d hand of friendship to ur pple but u guys stil prefer war. For e/g during ur last Erin day, offa contributed immensely to it's success. But pls let bygones be bygones. Wat do you tink me and u can do to help our generation and put an end to dis bad blood dt is a threat to d peace of our fatherland. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by beylinko(m): 7:38pm On Feb 01, 2013
Afam4eva: With comments on this thread, it goes to show that Nigeria may remain the way it is. Most people that are directly involved in the crisis between Offa and Erin-Ile are illiterates and the people who are supposed to see reason are fueling the hatred on this forum with the exception of jarus. If supposedly educated people can be talking like this, then there's no hope. If my village is always fighting with another village, as an educated person, i won't take sides. i will judge issues as a neutral and profer solutions to the problem.
Afam pls don't delve into what you know nothing about. Illiterate 4 what? What happened has happened, the question now is "hope we've learnt from our mistakes and how do we prevent future occurence. Both sides lost something valuable which can never be replaced. I pray the upcoming generation grow up and see the need for a peaceful cohabitation.
*peaceout*
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Afam4eva(m): 7:39pm On Feb 01, 2013
beylinko:
Afam pls don't delve into what you know nothing about. Illiterate 4 what? What happened has happened, the question now is "hope we've learnt from our mistakes and how do we prevent future occurence. Both sides lost something valuable which can never be replaced. I pray the upcoming generation grow up and see the need for a peaceful cohabitation.
*peaceout*
Aren't we saying the same thing?
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Nobody: 8:38am On Feb 02, 2013
biolanurat:

Sorry for dt word but pls stop d self pity. U r now playing d victim. Hv you asked urself why is it dt it's always Erin-ile dt starts d trouble. Offa has bin stretching d hand of friendship to ur pple but u guys stil prefer war. For e/g during ur last Erin day, offa contributed immensely to it's success. But pls let bygones be bygones. Wat do you tink me and u can do to help our generation and put an end to dis bad blood dt is a threat to d peace of our fatherland. Thank you
Pocket your apologies. You always start wars you can never win, even at the courts. I echo myself that the cow that has no tail, God helps it in driving Flies. You fire the first shots and craw away with tails under your legs.
It's a shame on you to refer to a donation made on Erin Ile day. You accept gifts from friends not enemies this is a sign of goodwill from both communities first for Offa for her donation and Erin Ile for accepting it.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 02, 2013
Prince adebayo: honestly speaking,erin ile need to pay for what they did.
What this f.ool means is that he will start another round of provocation. Are you not tired of this madness?

1 Like

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by beylinko(m): 10:17am On Feb 02, 2013
naijamark:
What this f.ool means is that he will start another round of provocation. Are you not tired of this madness?
i tire o my broda.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 02, 2013
Erin-le and Offa really need to sit-down and discuss among the Obas,The chiefs of each district in both communities.......!!!!

If not for previous enmity and hatred,why shd two vehicles 'bashed' one-another and such led to community Bashing,destructions to the tune of millions of naira and lost of Lives(central hotel pikin among others).......!!!

If a stone is thrown from Offa it shall land in Erin,what is actual difference between the two that they Kill and Roast each-other like suya with the slightest provocation..........slightest......slightest!!!

My Granpa said ''He who has precious things to lose in a war should choose His Fight in order not to come back crying and Lost''..............!!!

Offa should start being Diplomatic most especially with Erin-le!!
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by biolanurat: 12:57pm On Feb 02, 2013
naijamark:
Pocket your apologies. You always start wars you can never win, even at the courts. I echo myself that the cow that has no tail, God helps it in driving Flies. You fire the first shots and craw away with tails under your legs.
It's a shame on you to refer to a donation made on Erin Ile day. You accept gifts from friends not enemies this is a sign of goodwill from both communities first for Offa for her donation and Erin Ile for accepting it.

I don't tink I comprehend wat u r writing u said it's a sign of friendship for accepting d gifts then why d clash? Btw u r taking dis too personal and I don't like ur tone. Pls we r d educated ones we shld stop joining issues and help our pple. Violence breeds destruction.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by lanredo(m): 9:39pm On Jul 13, 2013
I don't kmow if the following history is false. I was told by an indegin of Offa. The old man told me that Offa is the original owner of the land where Erin-Ile people are occupying now, he said some years back the first. Settler of Erin who were Adete(I don't know it English word)came to settle in Offa but for the fact they are adete they need to leave far away that was how Olofa gave them their present settlement. Na true na I don't know
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Nobody: 6:11am On Jul 14, 2013
lanredo: I don't kmow if the following history is false. I was told by an indegin of Offa. The old man told me that Offa is the original owner of the land where Erin-Ile people are occupying now, he said some years back the first. Settler of Erin who were Adete(I don't know it English word)came to settle in Offa but for the fact they are adete they need to leave far away that was how Olofa gave them their present settlement. Na true na I don't know

If you are not sure, why then must you talk? Only a f.ool does that.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by enilowo(m): 10:42am On Dec 11, 2013
[b]I am one of the Students Union Executive in 2000. It saddened my heart that some indigene of Offa can still be referring to the Student/ Community crises of that year and be putting some of the blame on Students. For the avoidance of doubt i remember that we did everything possible to prevent the crises by meeting with the late Olofa of Offa, Chief Adesoye, The then DPO of Offa and The then Director of SSS. We also wrote several letters to The Presidency, Police Authorities to mention but a few to curb the excesses of the vigilante (note we never requested for vigilante to be scrapped albinitio) but nothing was done. On the day of the crises, i was the one that led the Esa of Offa into our campus and ensure that nothing happened to him. I also remembered that i suggested to him that we should all go to meet the vigilante even in the face of gun to stop shooting students but he said he cannot go and face people with guns.

It was at this point that we had no other option than to defend ourselves which we did effectively by ensuring that majority of students move enmasse to Erin Ile community. If not for this the students that were killed would have been more than the five that died. Also note that the students that died were students on admission in the school clinic. They went to meet them in the school clinic and kill them.

The students of FEDPOFFA will ever be grateful to Erin Ile community for standing by us in the time of our needs. Any remembrance of that day without a courtesy call on the Erin Ile paramount ruler is inconclusive.

I decided to go on record here to set the record straight. For the avoidance of any doubt My name is Hakeem Oyeneye the SUG Finsec 2000/2001.

Thanks.[/b]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses / Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 / Elections: Ruggedman Reacts To The Happenings In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.