Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,465 members, 7,944,309 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 02:19 PM

Divorce As An Illusion (1) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Divorce As An Illusion (1) (636 Views)

Divorce As An Illusion (3) / Divorce As An Illusion (2) / Love: An Illusion Or A Misconception (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Divorce As An Illusion (1) by brilapluz(m): 12:11am On Jan 30, 2013
The experience of the couple below is a must read for married people and indeed for those who desire to marry. If your marriage is in trouble, read carefully, perhaps you may learn a few things that will save you many troubles of the future.

AN EYE - OPENER.

When I got home that night as my wife served dinner, I held her hand and said,' I've got something to tell you.' She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes. Suddenly I didn't know how to open my mouth. But I had to let her know what I was thinking. ‘I want a divorce’. I raised the topic calmly.

She didn't seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly, “why"? I avoided her question. This made her angry. She threw away the chopsticks and shouted at me, ‘you are not a man!’ That night we didn't talk to each other. She was weeping. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer; I had lost my heart to a lovely girl called Dew. I did not love my wife anymore. I just pitied her!

With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, our car, and 30% stake of my company. She glanced at it and then tore it into pieces. The woman who had spent ten years of her life with me had become a stranger. I felt sorry for her wasted time, resources and energy but I could not take back what I had said for I loved Dew so dearly.

Finally she cried loudly in front of me, which was what I had expected to see. To me, her cry was actually a kind of release. The idea of divorce,which had obsessed me for several weeks, seemed to be firmer and clearer now. The next day, I came back home very late and found her writing something at the table. I didn't have supper but went straight to sleep and fell asleep very fast because I was tired after an eventful day with Dew.

When I woke up, she was still there at the table writing. I just did not care so I turned over and was asleep again.....

Find DIVORCE AS AN ILLUSION (2) in a short while....
Re: Divorce As An Illusion (1) by jaybee3(m): 5:27am On Jan 30, 2013

(1)

Get A Val Date / Is It Proper? / Are You In Sync With Your Closest Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.