Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,584 members, 7,929,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 05:16 AM

Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions (17066 Views)

Man Demands The Arrest Of Jonathan At The National Assembly Over The Arms Deal / President Hassan Rouhani Calls Buhari Over Army/shiite Clash / Protesters Block Road To Rivers Assembly Over Plan To Cancel Council Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by aljharem(m): 2:23pm On Feb 02, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
So, ki ni big deal? If the man favours his people? clear case of giving a dog a bad name to hang it. Who are those shouting and trying to skin this man alive because he is ibo?

Even though, I don't support any corruption or trying to hold brief for him but I want to shamelessly say here that the recruitment process in Nigeria military has alway been like this, right from the time immemorial. Those without sin should cast the first stone!.

Now, where were these people writing petition when small town like Zuru emirate council in Kebbi State produced many generals? The likes of General Ishaya Bamaiyi, Musa Bamaiyi, General Sani Sami? Jakolo?? No one complained when Musa Bamaiyi and Ishaya Bamaiyi, both Generals and brothers from thesame parents became ministers simultaneously?

Where were these people when General Ishaya Bamaiyi the then COAS enlisted truck loads of miscreants from his village into the Nigerian army disregarding the due process and the useless quota system?

Many of which can't even write their names? There was a time when more than half of recruits in Kaduna Jaji came from his village and at thesame time populating NDA with Zuru indigenes. Yes, quote me anytime!!!!

Selective Promotion Where were they when Obj promoted Nuhu Ribadu from mere Assistance Commissioner of Police ( ACP) to Assistance Inspector General of Police (AIG), the first of its kind in the history of the Nigerian police blatantly against the recommendation of Police Service Commission?

well said my brother
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by aljharem(m): 2:23pm On Feb 02, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
So, ki ni big deal? If the man favours his people? clear case of giving a dog a bad name to hang it. Who are those shouting and trying to skin this man alive because he is ibo?

Even though, I don't support any corruption or trying to hold brief for him but I want to shamelessly say here that the recruitment process in Nigeria military has alway been like this, right from the time immemorial. Those without sin should cast the first stone!.

Now, where were these people writing petition when small town like Zuru emirate council in Kebbi State produced many generals? The likes of General Ishaya Bamaiyi, Musa Bamaiyi, General Sani Sami? Jakolo?? No one complained when Musa Bamaiyi and Ishaya Bamaiyi, both Generals and brothers from thesame parents became ministers simultaneously?

Where were these people when General Ishaya Bamaiyi the then COAS enlisted truck loads of miscreants from his village into the Nigerian army disregarding the due process and the useless quota system?

Many of which can't even write their names? There was a time when more than half of recruits in Kaduna Jaji came from his village and at thesame time populating NDA with Zuru indigenes. Yes, quote me anytime!!!!

Selective Promotion Where were they when Obj promoted Nuhu Ribadu from mere Assistance Commissioner of Police ( ACP) to Assistance Inspector General of Police (AIG), the first of its kind in the history of the Nigerian police blatantly against the recommendation of Police Service Commission?

well said my brother
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by tchaik(m): 2:27pm On Feb 02, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
She said she can't do goats like you. Go look for someone and stop stalking her around, or better still use your hand the way you used to. Abi spit don finish for your mouth ni? Abi dem no dey sell lux soap, your favorite self-service'ing soap? fool.

I think he prefers Aboniki balm!
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by Akpan107(m): 2:34pm On Feb 02, 2013
ilugunboy: Am really loving this of its true ...let the Northerners feel how it is been on the receiving end for sometimes.
Me sef dey laugh ooo... Nigeria has never been as sweet as this. I want the Hausas to cry for more marginalisation so that they can peaceful call for the divition of the country... So that we can go in peace! The South need peace!

1 Like

Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by tomakint: 2:48pm On Feb 02, 2013
Akpan107: Me sef dey laugh ooo... Nigeria has never been as sweet as this. I want the Hausas to cry for more marginalisation so that they can peaceful call for the divition of the country... So that we can go in peace! The South need peace!
But it will still surprise you that many of us "Southerners" still want this country to remain one despite the fact that we "can never be one"! Remember, the Abokis want out in this 'inglorious marriage' shortly after arriving from Aburi during Gowon regime before the Nigerian-Biafran War, unfortunately it was the then Allison Ayida led (a southerner) civil service commission that convinced them to stay, and now we are in this mess.Trust me there are still many 'Allisons in the house' who want this contraption to still exist as ONE! cool
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by free13: 3:05pm On Feb 02, 2013
donchris369: Bro! Did you say bodyguard? I tell you the truth with facts, rhino f.uccks that so-called married woman berem. It is a fact, sure. She even sends her n.ude pix to him whenever they are not able to see offline on twitter. Its a fact, i am not lying. So it is not new to me. I only pity her husband training other men's kids in his home. But my grouse with the b.ytcch of a girl is she should leave Gej and igbos out of her st.upid affairs with all these perverts just to please them. simple. Is that too much to ask?

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by tomakint: 3:07pm On Feb 02, 2013
Viewing this topic: ayommyjay(f), gentlegg(m), Benwems, hydoo(m), kingi777, Hassanu, dainvincible(m), Leo 001, Itopakehinde(m), zanga420, Nightshift(m), XrTz(m), bularuz, chukwudi44, babybliss Shop, mikkyjay(m), Albert Coleman, Desola(f), Dejijossy, arsenal1(m), paulizedonmwen, VULCAN(m), iykak47, segend, simple2626(m), djon78, ramaju(m), free13 and 25 guest(s)

So ni soro ni omoge, HNY!!! grin
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by PointB: 3:10pm On Feb 02, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Truth is bitter to say. But in the end, it always serve as a source relieve those who are bold enough to face it. Well-done!
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by Drone007: 3:21pm On Feb 02, 2013
(DAILY TRUST)
Nigeria: Army, Navy Officers Grumble Over Promotions
By Mohammed S. Shehu and Misbahu Bashir, 24 December 2012
Officers in the Army and Navy are grumbling over alleged lopsidedness in the recent promotions.
The Army last week promoted 22 Brigadier Generals to the rank of Major General and 37 Colonels to the rank of Brigadier General. Also promoted were 91 Lieutenant Colonels to the rank of Colonel.
Weeks earlier, the Navy also conducted its own promotions of 112 officers.
Daily Trust learnt that many officers feel aggrieved because they are left out of the promotions exercise even though they are qualified and that there are vacancies to fill.
There are also allegations that certain sections of the country have been favoured to the detriment of others.
In the list of Army promotions published last week, no details of state of origin of the officers were given.
But Daily Trust learnt that of those promoted to Major Generals, South-South has 5, South-West 4, South-East 3, North-Central 4, North-West 3 and North-East 3.
Colonels promoted to Brigadier Generals in the North-West were 4, North-Central 8, Northeast 1, South-East 7, South-West 9 while South-South got 8.

A source told Daily Trust that in a particular Army corps, only two officers were promoted to the rank of Brigadier General even though many vacancies were available.
When contacted, the Director of Army Public Relations, newly-promoted Major General Mobolaji Koleoso, said he was not aware about the allegations and will not make comment on them.
In the Navy, 112 senior officers were promoted to various ranks late last month. The exercise involved 19 Commodores moved to the rank of Rear Admiral, 40 Captains to the rank of Commodore, 33 Commanders to the rank of Captain and 20 Lieutenant Commanders to the rank of Commander.
A senior officer in the Navy said the promotions were skewed against the North, with no officer from the Northeast getting promoted even though there is a particular state that has four officers on the promotions list.
Navy's Director of Information Commodore Kabir Aliyu could not be reached for comments.
'How military officers are promoted'
A source in the military gave Daily Trust an insight into how promotions are done in the armed forces.
"On the promotion calendar, a particular course year for regular and short service officers is supposed to be promoted to the rank of Major General, Brigadier General and Colonel," the source said.
"However, because of the inability of their predecessors billed for promotion to secure promotion and move on, it became difficult for some of the officers to be promoted even though they are qualified for promotion.
"Therefore, those who are due for promotion have to wait for the top to be cleared. By implication, some of these officers have to spend more years on a particular rank against the establishment standard of progression in the military.
"In order to pacify some of these officers and keep the system moving, some of them have to be promoted and retired to give space for others."
On requirements for promotion, the source explained further: "The Army has established qualification requirements for promotion of officers. There are basically three requirements: C+ from either War Collage, Command and Staff Collage and other courses; awards garnered during the period like the Chief of Army Staff award, National Honour, Personal Evaluation Report (PER) for good conducts and establishment; and lastly geo political zone to balance the equation. All these depend on when there is vacancy and age on rank."
The source also said in spite of the criteria, favouritism may creep in.
"You cannot rule out favour in such kind of activity. It is natural some will be favoured but it minimal in the army because of the discipline," he said.
"If you look at the promotion, you will find out that while some geopolitical zones have two or three Generals, others have six and above."
Regarding the "age on rank" policy, the source said under this, "you are expected to make the rank of a Brigadier between the age 50 and 53, Major General 53 and 55."
END
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 02, 2013
tomakint:
But it will still surprise you that many of us "Southerners" still want this country to remain one despite the fact that we "can never be one"! Remember, the Abokis want out in this 'inglorious marriage' shortly after arriving from Aburi during Gowon regime before the Nigerian-Biafran War, unfortunately it was the then Allison Ayida led (a southerner) civil service commission that convinced them to stay, and now we are in this mess.Trust me there are still many 'Allisons in the house' who want this contraption to still exist as ONE! cool

Allison Ayida was a Benue man.
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by vanbonattel: 3:26pm On Feb 02, 2013
TouchDown:

And benue people were still sucking the dic,k of notherners back then........
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by tomakint: 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2013
TouchDown:

My Bad, I was meant to talk on the South-infiltrated Civil Service he was presiding over at that time, the error is regretted, thanks

1 Like

Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 02, 2013
van bonattel:

undecided
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by Dede1(m): 3:33pm On Feb 02, 2013
van bonattel:

I guess you should remember the quotation that involved starvation, weapon of war and Nigeria/Biafra war. Allison Ayida was one of the main exponents of the policy.
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by tomakint: 3:36pm On Feb 02, 2013
Dede1:

I guess you should remember the quotation that involved starvation, weapon of war and Nigeria/Biafra war. Allison Ayida was one of the main exponents of the policy.
Esteemed Dede1, you just hit the point!
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 02, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
Okay, Don't keep me waiting in the bedroom alone. . . . Come give it to me, the way you use to . . .time to enjoy small cool

you such a darling! don't mind the haters. they won't stop me from loving you. just wait for me in the bedroom. am gonna give it to you hawt! less i forget tomorrow is my birthday! wink
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by kingi777: 3:39pm On Feb 02, 2013
This issue of state of origin or zone shd be abolished. I grew up in d north but when issues of school admission or job is raised, ones state of origin or religion comes to play. During census, most of us that are not northerners are counted as residents or inhabitants of d zone or region thus increasing their no but during recruitment, u wont be considered at all. U will be asked to go back to ur state. This is more disadvantagious to Igbos who populate most of d big cities outside Igboland unlike other tribes that are handful in Igboland. Saying Kano, Kaduna, Lagos is 9 millions plus, how many Igbos make up d population?
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by bestman09(m): 3:39pm On Feb 02, 2013
Is it now Ihejirika's turn?
There is this piece circulating online on army promotions under General Ihejirika. The author, apparently sponsored by faceless failures, alleged that Ihejirika was promoting his Igbo brothers over Northerners to achieve an "Igbo agenda".

Here is what I know. BY John Okiyi Kalu

Unlike other past Army Chiefs, Ihejirika insisted on competence and merit as a basis for promotion to very senior positions in the Nigerian Army. To give teeth to that policy and engender competence and professionalism, he invited an external body to administer promotion examination for those within the relevant cadres.

If Igbo or Yoruba man passed that exam and the author's sponsors fail to make it, should we promote the olodos and sacrifice competence and professionalism? All the while "federal character" and "we we" were used as basis to promote all manner of misfits in the army, how did Nigeria benefit? Apart from coup plotting induced pot bellies and class looting of the nation, what did we gain from past promotions?

Let the author of that vile piece summon the courage to publish all promotions made in the Army from 1979 to date. It will help the whole world see why everything is wrong with Nigeria. Don't forget that even out of power, militicians replaced themselves with their civilian minions made up of slightly more incompetent people at all levels. Even then they still find themselves retiring and contesting elections to continue the suffocation of Nigeria to death. To them, merit is haram.

For Christ sake people should also stop insulting our sensibilities by flaunting fake population figures in public discussions. We are not in the dark ages and anyone who cares to know the truth about Nigeria's population should simply go to google earth and see how many buildings are there from Abuja to Sokoto. Even the British have long accepted complicity in this census fraud. I challenge any living Nigerian to swear that those figures we bandy about as census figures truly represent Nigeria's population distribution. If you lie let your story be Nigeria's story. Great potentials but negative growth for 52 years.

Let it be known that any system that is based on merit will favor the Igbo man and competence driven Nigerians, naturally. If the rest of the country is not ready for merit based progress let them reconsider keeping Igbos in Nigeria. It is wrong to force them to remain in Nigeria while living in mortal fear of them. Like I've said severally, a key reason Nigeria is not moving forward remains her fear of the Igbo man. That mind set have led to a situation where every single national system must have a viral program that says "keep Igbos down". A country committed to keeping one section down will remain down to keep that section down. It is better to seat down and tell them to go and form their own country so that those who choose to remain will progress (or retrogress) without Igbophobia.

Even our national football team is now a victim of this "I love, I no love" attitude towards Igbos. One so called activist recently posted thrash on how the match allowance paid to the national ogbono team mean enriching the Igbo nation. The emergency activist forgot that the glorious USA 94 team was also an "Igbo team". With the exception of Yekini and 2 others,, the rest of those who made up the first team were of Igbo Origin. I can tell anyone without fear of contradiction that the team excelled because Westerhoff made his team selection based on merit. All the coaches after him were forced to operate under the "national agenda".

Not long ago, we saw similar propaganda being circulated against the former head of immigration. She was sacked two weeks ago. It was also deployed against Barth Nnaji and he lost out. Such propaganda is hardly deployed against the locust and cankerworm of the Nigerian nation. They can steal N37b police pension money and get 2 years with option of N750k fine. Billions of new naira notes can disappear at CBN and nobody will talk about the CBN governor but EFCC will look for Soludo over N750m contract awarded by Obasanjo.

Sincerely, if Nigeria is not ready for merit based growth and development, let's sit down and talk. Lord Luggard's 100 years expires next year, 2014. If because of hypocrisy we cannot shake hands and say "you are still my brother no matter your new republic" let us agree a regional government where each region pursues the type of development suited to it. While some might choose the Sharia model, others will be free to pursue Awolowo style development socialism or apply the American Capitalist model based on merit and competence. If one region is making progress others will copy or at least visit that region to borrow wisdom. Who knows, after AD 2140, our great grand children might decide to come together and propagate and pursue merit as a basis for reward, promotion and appointments..

God forbid that my children will belong to a country where merit and competence are punished.

This post was posted to my FACEBOOK page and i agree absolutely with the author!

8 Likes

Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by frederal(m): 3:39pm On Feb 02, 2013
For over 38 years, d north has hijacked the rulership of this country-military dictators, army, navy, airforce, police, custom, e.t.c. This comes to show me how people can be intolerant to injustice to which they perpetrated on others. Just cos of natural incident of death dt saw a southern taking over d presidency, they raised boko to cause chaos thru violence.
Just now, since after d civil war, an Ibo man, (who has been marginalised in all aspect) became an army chief of staff, its a problem to them.
People nawao

2 Likes

Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by Hardfact: 4:59pm On Feb 02, 2013
Omexonomy: please please and please Please ACN attack DOGs on nairaland help us beg fashola he has being going about closing markets in lagos and demanding 50million naira from each of the market.
Ketu market
boundry ajegunle market
orile market
alaber suru market
coker building material market (they paid 65million b4 the market was reopen)
more comming up soon.
Please go open a new thread with this as topic. I'm aware this's happening in Lagos right now. Perhaps the vocal Eko Ile and co may have something to say.
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by Ejine(m): 5:04pm On Feb 02, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

I think Rhino.5dm's account has been hacked.

1 Like

Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by vanbonattel: 5:06pm On Feb 02, 2013
Ejiné:

Naa, the forces of love. An igbo lady has been doing things to his sensibilities grin

1 Like

Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by Classicalman(m): 5:29pm On Feb 02, 2013
chukwudi44: The national assembly has no say in the affairs of the military!!!
Don't mind the fools. When even a 6months old baby knows that the hausafulani dominate the millitary in their large numbers. Ihejirika is merely trying to restore the balance in the spirit of equity. If they don't like it, they can detonate a bomb on themselves and go meet their 72virgins.
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by demmie1: 5:40pm On Feb 02, 2013
SILLY STUPID NIGERIAN AT WHAT THEY DO BEST! CRYING VICTIMS WHEN THINGS DON'T GO THEIR WAY. The times when northern coas had been promoting only northern officers, we did not hear anything, now an easterner is the coas and promoting only ibos, they will not let us sleep with their noise, if a westerner becomes the coas and do the same for yorubas, i'm sure it would be the same story and the crazy cycle keeps rolling.
go ahead, the game is as good as played.
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by Rhino5dm: 5:43pm On Feb 02, 2013
cool

van bonattel:

Naa, the forces of love. An igbo lady has been doing things to his sensibilities grin
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by madridsta007(m): 5:47pm On Feb 02, 2013
Ejiné:

The content of Rhino.5dm's post is it correct and true?

If it is true, which it is, why the accusation and negative utterance towards him?

Smh @ Nigerians
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by Rhino5dm: 6:10pm On Feb 02, 2013
Dude, I always stand on the side of history and righteousness. Take for instance EFCC.

When Nuhu Ribadu was the chairman of that organization, he single handedly recruited Adamawa state indigenes and filled the commission to brim with his fulani brothers.

Check this out.

Nuhu Ribadu chairman(Fulani), Adamawa State

Ibrahim Lamorde(Fulani), Director of Operations, i.e. second in command is aslo from Adamawa state.

Muazu Zabairu(Fulani, 3rd in command is from Adamawa/Gombe

Mohammed Wakili(Fulani), 4th in command, head of Lagos operation is from Adamawa/Gombe . . .The list is endless!

Mark you, I know when they recruited 50 people from Adamawa out the total 150 required. where is the useless quota system?

Fulani is the second language spoken at EFCC headquarters presently. As it is now, all EFCC chairman in line of succession are from Adamawa. Who is the present head? is he not from Adamawa state? who is going to succeed him? Adamawa??

With exception of Farida Wazira that was appointed from outside.

Why are these fools not writing petition to the national assembly about the "fulanisation" of EFCC structure?

When I have time, I will post about Prison service and how the Katagum Mafias, small town in Bauchi state that produced 2 Secretary to Federal Government plundered it like a war spoil.

And much later on, I will go on ride with Obj and the compulsory retirements of officers he perceived as threat to his government. No one moved a muscle when all these was happening, only to be shouting now because ibo man is involved. Pathetic.

Ejiné:

3 Likes

Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by drnoel: 6:14pm On Feb 02, 2013
chukwudi44: The national assembly has no say in the affairs of the military!!!
hahaha that is where you are wrong. the national assembly makes the rules for all tier of government as well as all governbment institutions. If Nigeria is to run this particular expensive system of government then allow national assembly to do their jobs.
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by Drone007: 6:15pm On Feb 02, 2013
With due respect, it was during the tenure of His Excellency General Olusegun Obasanjo that a large swathe of ststes in northern Nigeria in quick succession started declaring themselves officially as sharia states, against the spirit and letter of the Nigerian Constitution. His Excellency General Obasanjo's response then of to do nothing actually emboldened those states and actually set the stage for Nigeria's current security situation. The world is really keenly watching you Nigerians to see how you measure up to your claims to being the giants of Africa, or whether you are even ready to join the 21st century.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nnewi Politics: Ibeto Should Be Ashamed Of Himself / Obiano Places ₦20 Million Bounty On Akunyili's Killers / APC Primary: Fayemi Won’t Step Down For Osinbajo, Says Campaign Organisation

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.