Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,380 members, 7,881,367 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:54 PM

G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage (16367 Views)

World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit / We Must Discuss Nigeria Federation Structure - Gov Mimiko / Can We Please Discuss Nigeria's National Anthem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by Symphony007: 1:43pm On Feb 03, 2013
Seeing all these comment here, i am struck my some people's utter myopism!! Do you actually thing these western nation care about this country? They say it themeselves that "they have no friends, only interest". When olusegun obasanjo was in power and george w. Bush and di*ck cheney were squeezing this country via halliburton, when tony blair and his cronies were making a windfall from this nation they never discussed transparency in nigeria or held a special section on it in the G8 rather he had state visit honours bestowed on him. But now mysteriously it's on the agender on the garthering of the 8 most powerfull nations on earth. Hmmmmmmm...if it smells funny, i ain't eating it.

2 Likes

Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by labamo07(m): 1:44pm On Feb 03, 2013
GEJ go go bribe Cameron, hin share don dey inside budget already.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by allinks: 1:50pm On Feb 03, 2013
As much as I love this to be discussed. It is a
complete mess on all our leaders that issues like what is planned to be discussed can not be thoroughly looked into and effect changes. Now, they are gathering together to discuss this, and what ever the out-come is, will be shared among these nations called G-8. And the effect of this will tell on the economy of the country now or later.
Why? An allies could be formed by these group of nations and the so called leaders in our own local community to loot all these funds. Oyinbo man are kinda looking for a mungo park (ode) nations so as to continue their usual ways with them.
My opinion
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by Gbawe: 1:51pm On Feb 03, 2013
Symphony007: Seeing all these comment here, i am struck my some people's utter myopism!! Do you actually thing these western nation care about this country? They say it themeselves that "they have no friends, only interest". When olusegun obasanjo was in power and george w. Bush and di*ck cheney were squeezing this country via halliburton, when tony blair and his cronies were making a windfall from this nation they never discussed transparency in nigeria or held a special section on it in the G8 rather he had state visit honours bestowed on him. But now mysteriously it's on the agender on the garthering of the 8 most powerfull nations on earth. Hmmmmmmm...if it smells funny, i ain't eating it.

You don't get it. They can talk because of the abysmal failures of Nigerian leaders. Show me a Police college in the UK, US, France or even South Africa that looks as bad as the pictures that emerged recently in Nigeria. Will those pictures not prompt even the most liberal non-Nigerian to lash out at the corruption and profligacy that leaves such a pivotally important national security agency (the NPF) so starved of funds?

We should start learning to get real in Nigeria to understand charity begins at home. If someone tells you that you smell, why should you be angry with him for having a functional nose? Why not go and take a bath? Will that not shut him up faster than crafting all manners of inane arguments over how he should have ignored your stench?

4 Likes

Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by matrixme(m): 1:54pm On Feb 03, 2013
It starts off with well intended thoughts, and the future of our dear country is in jeopardy. After these so called developed countries plundered the resources of their lands and put their environment at risk, they are now on the hunt for fertile but gullible countries in far away Africa to re-colonize. Of course, the present-day inefficiencies in our government will fizzle off with time. After all, it was GEJ that probably brought the matter to limelight. Like as if they are not the ones with the technical expertise in siphoning the resource legally if we should really go deep into the matter! So I think we should resist all these ulterior motives by western countries to take over what rightfully belongs to us, at least for the sake of our children.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by Orikinla(m): 1:57pm On Feb 03, 2013
And how does this affect the price of...? grin

1 Like

Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by Capnd143(m): 2:01pm On Feb 03, 2013
Senselessness at its peak! To all those that think that what G8 is saying is wrong: 'you are bounch of retardeens' . "Look there is nothing wrong with Nigeria that can not be cured with what is good about Nigeria"
you can quote me on that.

Nigeria has ernomous wealth and mineral resources, which is what is good about nigeria; Nigeria has a corupt socio-economic and financial management as pepetrated my our fuc...king leaders.

Now here is the deal use our money to get rid of our leaders, simple! Now to archieve this we must first await the report from those G8(-6) illuminaties, and believe me the report wil definitely implicate our "short-sighted and corrupt" leaders. Boom!!! It will then spark international attention because of the involvement of U.s and U.k bigots! Boom!!! Boom!!! The international community will identify the leaks! Remember a problem identified is a problem half solved! Am the council to the accused! I raise my case your Lordship.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by jerk: 2:03pm On Feb 03, 2013
Orikinla: And how does this affect the price of...? grin
be serious for once or are u nt a nigerian??
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by otondo55: 2:06pm On Feb 03, 2013

We are not asking when the whole mess started...if it can start today to be better, its starts early.

If there is any good way they can help us..we are wasting !
shocked embarassed embarassed
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by gaquilani: 2:06pm On Feb 03, 2013
Gbawe:

Yuo see, your post illustrates the enigma of what the Nigerian man is today. I.e someone who does not even know what he wants. In the past, we criticised Western leaders for abetting African corruption and profligacy instead of condemning it. Now we have a crop of young Western Leaders willing to speak up against corruption and misrule in Africa as we always implored them to do when their conniving predecessors preferred the approach of 'see no evil'. Suddenly, we change tact.

This new development is now "imperialist". It is breaching our sanctity as a "sovereign Nation". It is indicative of a "domination agenda" even when real facts and current state of affairs indicate otherwise. America, for example, has moved on vastly with its shale gas endeavour that will help the nation reduce its demand for Nigerian oil. Not too far in the future, they won't need a drop of oil from us at all. Where does that leave the simplistic argument that the USA relates to us because of its oil needs alone? Some of us should get real and start thinking deeper and more robustly otherwise 'underdogs' is what we will remain if some submissions here are indicative of the Nigerian 'educated class'.

You seem to have missed the point i am trying to make. We should not start acting as if these problems are new. The nations in the G8 have been talking about them (even before the G8 was formed) The Basically, what i am saying is that
1. The G8's complaint is not news to us and it will only be solved by Nigerians and not the G8.

I disagree with this, "Yuo see, your post illustrates the enigma of what the Nigerian man is today. I.e someone who does not even know what he wants.". Forgive me for suggesting that we WAKE UP and solve the problems ourselves. I do not know what gave you the impression that i was taking about oil or "imperialism".

1 Like

Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by Gbawe: 2:10pm On Feb 03, 2013
Capnd143: Senselessness at its peak! To all those that think that what G8 is saying is wrong: 'you are bounch of retardeens' . "Look there is nothing wrong with Nigeria that can not be cured with what is good about Nigeria"
you can quote me on that.

Nigeria has ernomous wealth and mineral resources, which is what is good about nigeria; Nigeria has a corupt socio-economic and financial management as pepetrated my our fuc...king leaders.

Now here is the deal use our money to get rid of our leaders, simple! Now to archieve this we must first await the report from those G8(-6) illuminaties, and believe me the report wil definitely implicate our "short-sighted and corrupt" leaders. Boom!!! It will then spark international attention because of the involvement of U.s and U.k bigots! Boom!!! Boom!!! The international community will identify the leaks! Remember a problem identified is a problem half solved! Am the council to the accused! I raise my case your Lordship.

Correct. Let me say it here without any ambivalence whatsoever that serious people, solutions providers and winners in life always deal with their own deficiencies and shortcomings first. They understand that charity begins at home and first look at what they can change about themselves because of the universally simplistic yet ultra-effective concept that it is easier to change yourself first than attempt to change others.

The inability to do that, perhaps in preference for only seeing external 'enemies' and 'malevolent machinations' of others, means Nigeria will never gain the honesty to challenge the misrule of our leaders others, whatever their motivation, correctly highlight.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by Blyss: 2:12pm On Feb 03, 2013
TRUTHTELA:

Only a slowpoke will take a British Prime Minister serious. Who created this MESS? Who created the IMBALANCE in the Nigerian system?? Who thought some regions how to INFLATE census figures? Britain, has been home for military rogues that LOOTED the oil wealth. These rogues pay TAXES to the British system. If Cameron, is not a HYPOCRITE, he should go after Nigeria's oil wealth that littered the streets of Britain. The Scotland Yard, FBI, they know where the Nigeria's oil wealth is, they don't need to discuss it in G8, it doesn't worth an agenda, cos, at the end of the meeting, WHAT CAN THEY DO? NOTHING! Are they going to ask FBI, to arrest and prosecute JonaDUNCE, or any LegisLOOTERS, Goverogues and ministers that touch down in their country? No. It's all for the NEWS HEADLINE!!!

An example of how Nigeria's oil wealth is been stolen. When it's time to bid for oil blocks, Cameron and other G8 leaders will put a call through to Aso rock, asking for a BACK DOOR favor on behalf of BP, EXXON-MOBIL, AGIP, GAZPROM, etc, and whichever rogue Nigeria have as president will agree to their demands and his only response will be, " ASK THE CEO, TO COME AND SEE ME, BEFORE THE CEO, DEPARTS HIS COUNTRY, HIS COUNTRIES AMBASSADOR, WILL TELL HIM TO COME WITH HIS CHEQUE BOOK, COS THE PRESIDENT'S PALM WILL BE GREASED. After that, the "PLUNDERING" of the oil wealth begins.

I will not be surprise if Nigerians believed that the G8 countries cares about Nigeria. The same way they care about Nigeria, it's the same way Obasanjo & IBB care about Nigeria. FYI, the STUPIDITY & KLEPTOMANIA of Nigeria rulers benefits them. For all I care, Britain, have an AGENDA they want to force on JONADUNCE, hence, there's need to shake him.

It's people like you and the other idiots speaking in like manner, whom are a major part of the problem with that nation and most other African nations. Sinister to your own demise. Any sensible person would be sickened by $100Bill of squander annually.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 03, 2013
ANY BODY WHO COUNTERS WHAT DAVID CAMERON IS SAYING ABOUT NIGERIA IS JUST A FOOL.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by john6006: 2:17pm On Feb 03, 2013
When the lion sleep there is peace ....But when the same lion wakes up you cant find peace anymore..
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by gaquilani: 2:24pm On Feb 03, 2013
gaquilani:

You seem to have missed the point i am trying to make. We should not start acting as if these problems are new. The nations in the G8 have been talking about them (even before the G8 was formed) The Basically, what i am saying is that
1. The G8's complaint is not news to us and it will only be solved by Nigerians and not the G8.

I disagree with this, "Yuo see, your post illustrates the enigma of what the Nigerian man is today. I.e someone who does not even know what he wants.". Forgive me for suggesting that we WAKE UP and solve the problems ourselves. I do not know what gav you the impression that i was taking about oil or "imperialism".
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 03, 2013
Gbawe:

Sorry, but this is yesterdays thinking. Trade/development partners, perhaps with resources vested in each other, now aggressively tell themselves economic truths. It is the way foreign policy , after some recent crisis, has moved under younger world leaders who have no need for the facetious and deceitful 'diplomacy' past leaders preferred.

Obama was still sternly and threateningly telling Cameron Britain must not pull out of the EU recently despite the UK being a "sovereign Nation" that should be able to independently take decision best for her people. Merkel scolds the UK all the time over their wrong economic approach and the UK condemns the 'boneheaded' policies of "irresponsible" EU member States that leaves fiscally sound Nations burdened.

That sovereign State malaky is becoming a phenomenon of the past when the world was run differently. Shrinking borders and a greater more hasty move towards a global village means the actions of Nations may now have more far reaching consequences for others than was the case in the past. That will not be condoned by anyone - especially the young world leaders of today who believe, more than those before them, to call it as they see it. Now, there is a mood, especially after the credit crunch and other events, that Nations must be held accountable and criticised for wrong policies/profligacy/poor regulation/lax fiscal control et al before such causes far reaching problems everyone will then have to 'repair'.

Your analysis is incisive; right on the money.

It is such a shame that cheerleaders stuck in the annals of yesteryear fail to spot the irony in both Abati's recent polemic and Fani-Kayode's subsequent rejoinder cheesy

However we slice and dice this one, the sharpening of contradictions we now see cannot simply be reduced to China's encroachment on the African landscape as one commentator opined, or a refusal to acknowledge recurring failures of the past. Rather, it is best seen as the continuation of a broken-narrative advanced by the likes of Thabo Mbeki, which received plenty of international support during the early Clinton years. Yes, I am talking about the need for a renaissance of sorts.

Only folks with an outlook shaped by self-serving, clannish instincts would, on good conscience, dismiss calls for accountability of our most recent oil windfall with a nonchalant wave. If there were ever any doubts about the wind of change engendered by the current economic downturn, thankfully, it is becoming increasingly clear that the rest of the world is not prepared to treat matters bothering on fiscal discipline, with the same levity that currently obtains in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by otokx(m): 2:28pm On Feb 03, 2013
Cameron should start by preventing our politicians and their families from going to the UK for health or educational reasons.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by Gbawe: 2:29pm On Feb 03, 2013
gaquilani:

1. The G8's complain is not news to us and it will only be solved by Nigerians and not the G8.

I disagree with you with this, "Yuo see, your post illustrates the enigma of what the Nigerian man is today. I.e someone who does not even know what he wants.". Forgive me for suggesting that we WAKE UP and solve the problems ourselves. I do not know what gav you the impression that i was taking about oil or "imperialism".

Apologies if I got you wrong. It is your statement below I was responding to:

should we start dancing because they are claiming to be concerned.

To me I think you are saying , with the use of "claiming", that the West is not really concerned and speak from the desire to actualise some ulterior motive. That is the submission of many here so far. I mention oil because it is the automatic Nigerian argument for how every western Nation comments about us. "They want our oil wealth" is the intellectually lazy excuse we deliver routinely and in ignorance of what the world is becoming. Electric cars will be the mainstay in the next ten years, America needs our oil less and real world dynamics means many Western Nation stand a chance of weaning themselves of the dependence on oil as an energy source in the near future.

It is time we begin talking as if we have the capacity to 'keep up' and be up to speed so we do not lag behind because of the paucity of visionary and progressive thinking, for the future, that has in the past set us up to fall and remain behind others. No doubt the West maintains a relationship where it seeks pecuniary advantages against Africa but the current crop of Western leaders are probably more sincere than those in the past. Their utterances should be inspected by those who have the biggest responsibility to initiate changes for the better i.e us. Me and you.

Flippantly dismissing their criticism as redolent of ulterior motives is very yesterday considering where the world is heading even if we Africans are slowest to read the writings on the wall. Nigeria becomes less important everyday and more a Nation no one reckons with any longer. This is the truth and I have seen it happening fluidly on the ground, in many nations of the world, in the past ten years. Any effort to recapture our lost glory and even better the past must begin with self-critical honesty from all of us and not vainglorious hubris or a misplaced sense of our own importance and worth.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 03, 2013
ROSSIKE: Hang on a second here. David Cameron and his friends can end corruption in Nigeria TODAY if they wished. All they need do is summon their various banks - Natwest, RBS, Barclays etc, and instruct them to RETURN the looted wealth sitting in their accounts not just from Nigeria, but from other countries like China, Russia, Congo etc. They can summon the bosses of Shell, Exxon Mobil, etc to account for oil proceeds and easily check the money trail - who paid what to whom, when, and how etc.

HAS CAMERON DONE ANY OF THIS?

HELL NO!

IT'S MUCH EASIER FOR HIM TO PLAY THE 'WHITE SAINT' ON THE INTERNATIONAL STAGE TO FOOL GULLIBLE NIGERIANS AND THE LIKE SUCH AS HAVE BEEN POSTING THEIR SLAVISH GARBAGE HERE.

I mean really, HOW STU.PID CAN YOU NIGERIANS BE, REALLY?

It's like an armed robber who goes around stealing, and then deposits the money and loot in his Mr Big's house. The following week Mr Big issues a statement that ''all this robbery going on is not good o! What do we do about it?''

And then some DUNCES (eg NL posters) start praising Mr Big, saying he 'cares' for the victims of those robberies. If only the robbers can stop robbing people!

I mean, HOW STUP.ID AND DUMB CAN YOU GUYS BE, REALLY? OR ARE YOU CURSED?

HOW CAN YOU TAKE THE WORDS OF CAMERON WITH EVEN THE SLIGHTEST BIT OF SERIOUSNESS??

No sir, it is you, the arm-chair revolutionary, who does not understand that acknowledging the value of Cameron's appraisal is not the same as wholesale acceptance of his vision or that of his coalition government. You are so wrapped up in micro-nationalism that you'd sooner celebrate the profligacy and wanton corruption of Mobuto Seseko than accept that even a broken clock does tell the correct time twice a day.

2 Likes

Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 03, 2013
take dat: Obama is ACN, Cameron CPC and rich Bill Gate, a member of the cabal who are hell bent on embarrassing the good government of GEJ with their imperialist motivations by demanding transparency and accountability from the highly performing GEJ's government. Lol!

U dey mad ni? Shey u don swallow aboniki and alomo bitters... Funny sha.

Truth is this squandermania of nigeria's oil wealth by successive nigerian governments didnt start today and should be summarily condemned worldwide. Our leaders are bloody thieves and so is every average nigerian. Yes!

We need a behavioural change. It isnt a fight against Jonathan's govt but it is a fight against our collective enemy, corruption which Jonathan is too weak to fight. He needs to get radical to fight.

Finally, shame on any man who comes here to propose ACN, CPC. The most corrupt govts were those of Babangida and Abacha. The most rigged elections were conducted by Obasanjo.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by john6006: 2:56pm On Feb 03, 2013
The same lion that killed a goat wont spear a cow to go free when is another time for breakfast,lunch or dinner..
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by true2god: 2:59pm On Feb 03, 2013
Ryabcool: Will all of you shut the hell up?! Can any of you dumbheads falsify their claims? What David Cameron said about squandering, is he WRONG? Yes or No! All of you are stuuuupid stuuupid people who evidently do not want betterment of yourselves and your environment. All you feed on is sentiments and utter display of stupidity. Ask yourselves; if Nigeria was on the right path, would these foreigners be saying these things? Good God these stuuuuupid nairaland people have pissed me off this morning.
May u live long. I cant imagine a prisoners who will go out to critise the one who might be ready to pay his ramsom for freedom, whether the ransom payer is sincere or not.

This is hw bad the country had degenerated. I cant imagine pple could reason this way. It is absolutely amazing!
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by true2god: 3:04pm On Feb 03, 2013
confusion247: Then after the discussion what next? Where were them when IBB openly stole 12 billion dollars? Where were them when OBJ spend 16 billion dollars on phantom power project? Was it not the same obama that was congratulating Jonathan as a good leader? hypocrites.
U need to reason berra. U talk non sense here.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by true2god: 3:05pm On Feb 03, 2013
Lilnikee: Does it concine them how we manage/spend our oil Money.
U need to reason berra. U talk rubish here.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by lekantruth: 3:07pm On Feb 03, 2013
Ryabcool: Will all of you shut the hell up?! Can any of you dumbheads falsify their claims? What David Cameron said about squandering, is he WRONG? Yes or No! All of you are stuuuupid stuuupid people who evidently do not want betterment of yourselves and your environment. All you feed on is sentiments and utter display of stupidity. Ask yourselves; if Nigeria was on the right path, would these foreigners be saying these things? Good God these stuuuuupid nairaland people have pissed me off this morning.

Thank you my brother. You see, Nigeria will not progress if we still have people that reasons as goat or better still people with no brain. As you said they are stuuuuuuuupid. God save Nigeria.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by teadrake(m): 3:08pm On Feb 03, 2013
Until a drastic measure is taken to ensure a halt in the way our leaders keep squandering our money,Nigeria is heading for a doom..and d president keep saying there's no corruption and he budgeted 4billion 4 building of a mission house.Are they under an illusion spell ni?An urgent intervention is required,The future itself seems unbright even, the worst place to be born in the world,Nigeria emerge at d very top.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by Gbawe: 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Your analysis is incisive; right on the money.

It is such a shame that cheerleaders stuck in the annals of yesteryear fail to spot the irony in both Abati's recent polemic and Fani-Kayode's subsequent rejoinder cheesy

However we slice and dice this one, the sharpening of contradictions we now see cannot simply be reduced to China's encroachment on the African landscape as one commentator opined, or a refusal to acknowledge recurring failures of the past. Rather, it is best seen as the continuation of a broken-narrative advanced by the likes of Thabo Mbeki, which received plenty of international support during the early Clinton years. Yes, I am talking about the need for a renaissance of sorts.

Only folks with an outlook shaped by self-serving, clannish instincts would, on good conscience, dismiss calls for accountability of our most recent oil windfall with a nonchalant wave. If there were ever any doubts about the wind of change engendered by the current economic downturn, thankfully, it is becoming increasingly clear that the rest of the world is not prepared to treat matters bothering on fiscal discipline, with the same levity that currently obtains in Nigeria.

My brother, I can only say it gladdens me that Nigerians like you show up to contribute eloquently and to the point all the time. It makes one harbour hope that all is not lost. Your clarity of vision is truly impressive.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:15pm On Feb 03, 2013
take dat: Obama is ACN, Cameron CPC and rich Bill Gate, a member of the cabal who are hell bent on embarrassing the good government of GEJ with their imperialist motivations by demanding transparency and accountability from the highly performing GEJ's government. Lol!

^^^If you come down from your smug, sanctimonious, holier-than-thou horse for a minute, you'd discover that there's a marked difference between their criticism of GEJs government and the way you lot go about it; this is what peeps notice and react in a way that makes you think GEJ is being supported blindly. The attacks on the Presidents person and wife is a line you cross and loose all moral right to demand others respect and reason with you.

I'll take the G8 and Camerons comments with a truckload of salt; afterall they are quite aware these thieves in and out of gov't in Nigeria launder their i'll-gotten wealth in western countries, own bank accounts with billions of dollars and buy up properties worth millions of dollars and pounds without the need of a mortgage.

All these calls for accountability in gov't, prudence and tackling corruption is putting cart b/4 the horse.....these are all symptoms of a failed state that needs to be restructured first and then other things will fall into place; anything other than first restructuring this country will amount to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic!
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by ddeola: 3:25pm On Feb 03, 2013
Guys,there's no need exchanging words with ourselves over the decision of the g8 leaders.We all know that the so-called g8 nations are the world's greatest hypocrites.No be their economies all the stolen,diverted,plundered,laundered,ect monies dey? They are even worse than the people stealing the monies because the person stealing and the person keeping stolen items are both the same.g8 my sh*t
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by naturalwaves: 3:37pm On Feb 03, 2013
No vex baba agba. Lolz.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 03, 2013
Camron made the statements when issues of aides to Africa was raised. In a bid to discourage aides to africa he highlighted those figures. George bush is our hero for the PEPFAR initiative to africans. Camron used issue of corruption to push the aide issue to back bunker and as expected you morons have been confused to in-fighting. I am disappointed in you and more disappointed in obama. No thanks to the OP for biased reporting
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by naturalwaves: 3:38pm On Feb 03, 2013
Gbawe:

Thank you. What you identify here is what makes me despair for Nigeria the most. I.e the way the mentality of many is now bastardized to the extent they can look at everything and everyone but never at themselves. Some foolish and clannish twerp above tell us there is a neo-colonialist and imperialistic agenda to this. You think such a person must be a madman because how can he have missed the fact that most leaders of Western Nations, far richer than Nigeria, have a Presidential fleet limited to one or two planes or even non !!! Yet our own President has 10 airplanes in his fleet, by far one of the largest in the world, and still demanding more.

Throughout the world, people are now associating Nigeria with filth, squalor, callousness, extreme poverty and inhuman leadership. Yet we continue to read the first Lady wants a "mission house" that will consume billions or that GEJ wants a banquet hall to gulp billions. Meanwhile all this hideously insensitive profligacy is presented alongside pictures of police colleges that are filth personified and allocated paltry millions. Can Cameron then not talk considering he predicated his campaign on cutting waste and indeed came in to initiate drastic cuts everywhere?

In contrast, our own President, in charge of the one of the most poverty-addled nation on Earth, with no functioning institution, could only come out to say disgustingly "leaner government not possible" after being sworn in despite how our recurrent expenditure, running at over 70%, is universally condemned as 'self-destructive'.

Look, Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria. Wherever our unique mentality and bastardized minds lead us, let us accept it. As you note, many prefer to be sentimental and paranoid rather than to reason like balanced adults. We are in trouble because extended suffering, filthy environments, brutal poverty and many unsavoury events have all contributed to leave a lot of Nigerians mentally damaged to the point they now constitute themselves into the 'enemy within' defending their unforgiving oppressors. As you surmised, what mouth will Cameron, Obama, Gates et al talk with if the Nigerian government under GEJ was delivering?

The Oracle has spoken. EOD!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bomb Blast At Area 10 In Abuja? / Nigeria’s Problems Not A Matter Of Restructuring, Says Osinbajo / Tinubu Distances Self From 2023 Presidential Campaigners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.