Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,886 members, 7,895,852 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 07:37 PM

Laptop And Guys: What Do You Use Your Laptop For? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Laptop And Guys: What Do You Use Your Laptop For? (1015 Views)

Do You Use Your Laptop For Long Periods? You Need This App For Your Eyesight!!!! / How To Use Your Memory Card As A Ram For Your Pc. / Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laptop And Guys: What Do You Use Your Laptop For? by mjay(m): 4:03pm On Mar 08, 2008
I know computers are meant to be multipurpose. What amazes me is that several professional hardly optimize their laptops, but the bulk of guys who are neither professionals nor fully educated, do carry expensive laptops all over the place, mostly just to browse. Please i'm curious to know why these guys spend so much on laptops, what for? I use mine for my vocation primarily and then, , What do you use yours for
Re: Laptop And Guys: What Do You Use Your Laptop For? by Martins00(m): 12:14pm On Mar 12, 2008
Have u ever heard of the word "Privacy"? it simply means it not ur biz. Why dont u just make ur own research and stop being jealous abt wht others have.
Re: Laptop And Guys: What Do You Use Your Laptop For? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 12, 2008
the usual-

work- i'm an engineer, so i do CAD and engineering design on my laptop with numerous applications, i use MS office etal
music - i have some 50gb ( and still counting) of music
literature - i have some 15gb of ebooks - comics, manuals, motivational materials, magazines
gaming - right now i'm playing old school duke nukem 3d(high res pack) , and i got crysis and bioshock in storage

as to peeps using expensive laptops to browse - thats the nigerian way. for most of us a laptop is a status symbol. sometimes when in a cybercafe, i see peeps flossing with what are essentially low spec laptops, disturbin the peace with their low bitrate tiny music collection.
Re: Laptop And Guys: What Do You Use Your Laptop For? by zaibatsu(m): 1:15pm On Mar 12, 2008
@oyb

You dey play Crysis on your laptop? wetin you get? Alienware m15x. Haba guy except you find a game playable at 8fps or less,
Re: Laptop And Guys: What Do You Use Your Laptop For? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 12, 2008
dell precision m90 2ghz core 2 duo , 2gb ram, 4mb l2 cache, 256 mb nvidia quadro fx mobile( actually - thats a workstation card, not a gaming card - but you can game with it) 160gb hdd (5400rpm)
Re: Laptop And Guys: What Do You Use Your Laptop For? by inze(m): 5:27pm On Mar 12, 2008
@oyb

Thats a heck of a system u got there,
Re: Laptop And Guys: What Do You Use Your Laptop For? by mjay(m): 1:20am On Mar 13, 2008
@oyb
Dts what I call optimisation, keep it up men. using it 4 what it is meant to be used for, Guys like Martins00 need to get matured and take a que from what is a responsible use of equipment like d laptop.
@ Martins00
Remeber or note, in case uve never heard of it everything you possess can either be an asset or a liability. No one is interested in your privacy. Live a life, or get one.
Re: Laptop And Guys: What Do You Use Your Laptop For? by TheSly: 1:40am On Mar 13, 2008
I program . . . .
I got thousands of MP3 and videos on it. . . .
I do almost 90% of my studying on it. . . .so convenient. . . .no more paper,books and sh!tzos
Game. . . i got lots of em. . .metar gear,Grand theft e.t.c

Of course to browse. . . . .
And lots of applications on it . . . .
Re: Laptop And Guys: What Do You Use Your Laptop For? by debosky(m): 1:46am On Mar 13, 2008
@ oyb abeg I need that duke nukem cry cry it reminds me of my childhood gaming days

@ topic

mine is primarily recreational - music, video, games, leisure browsing, some occasional work. . .but most of that is done at work. my lappie is PRIVATE for my use. Used it when I was searching for a car and all that, but primarily its an entertainment center for me.
Re: Laptop And Guys: What Do You Use Your Laptop For? by 4Him(m): 1:57am On Mar 13, 2008
Mostly for work initially, now i use it primarily for entertainment.
Intend to buy a new one devoted just to music, games, photos and my ipod.
Re: Laptop And Guys: What Do You Use Your Laptop For? by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 13, 2008
@ debosky - admin must not catch me-

this is a link to the high res pack(full install) - duke like u never saw it b4

http://rapidshare.com/files/93542733/New000020.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/93534259/New000020.z01
http://rapidshare.com/files/93538018/New000020.z02
http://rapidshare.com/files/93541669/New000020.z03

pass word: xtremew.org

if u want to do it yourself - ie install duke sepeartely, ad the high res pack seperately
http://rapidshare.com/files/27573355/Duke_Nukem_3D.rar
http://hrp.duke4.net/download.php

check it out

Re: Laptop And Guys: What Do You Use Your Laptop For? by WAVixen: 11:39am On Mar 13, 2008
I use my toshiba satellite a215 windows vista home premium amd turion,64x2 dual core processor tl-58,2048mb ddr2 200gb hdd for business,research, browsing and listening to music. If you ask me I am under utilising this system. embarassed
Re: Laptop And Guys: What Do You Use Your Laptop For? by nazzyon(m): 8:33pm On Mar 13, 2008
D population of Gamers is higher than any other purpose this days.

Even Higher than that of the people surfing the net
Re: Laptop And Guys: What Do You Use Your Laptop For? by DoubleN(m): 2:32pm On Mar 14, 2008
Well i use my Hp Pavilion Dv6183ea with Windows Xp,Intel Core2 Duo 1.83ghz,1Gb RAM,256 nVidia Geforce Go 7400 video card basically for Research,Lots of Music,videos,E-Books and GAMES!

(1) (Reply)

Help / Www.nigerianwebhosts.com / Buy Xerox Printers Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.