Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,038 members, 7,922,531 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 09:16 AM

Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 - Business (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 (1021815 Views)

Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 3 - Payment, Shipping & Marketing / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 01, 2013
Soyedele1:
I beg to disagree My Boss. Pls, kindly go tru deir thread and you gonna see for yourself. When I first started my importation business, cvm came to mind but due to the number of complaints I saw on their thread, I went for bizbloke. I should be their first set or second set of customers and I was happy. I respect them for one thing which is communication. They will update you when ur order is placed, arrives china office, shipped to nigeria Etc but I'm nt saying they are d best but a trial will convince you.
[size=21pt]4[/size] [b]Wizeboy, my brova atimes when person talk e go b like say u get beef with person but dem no wan jus look beyond their fears, if you guys know what CVM is even before we got to know them on this thread, let's jus endure them, evn when they fuckup, they still are the best we got to work with until we have a competent competitor[/b]bizbloke is still good but not for retailers rather for end users. I have done my research before talking. I rarely POST here. But only when I suppose to. I cld stay aways for like 7pages no post. Just flip some pages back and tell me when last you say me name before I start posting on TWO basic things.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Ogetogeo(m): 10:43pm On Aug 01, 2013
Unique!:
I intend to do just that. He really thinks he's smart. Now going through the feedback rating, I realise he actually doesn't have any. But today, he don jam wahala with me angry

Please dear, not so fast.

1. when did you pay?
2. When the he say he shipped out?

Using all those china post mail can be annoying, sometimes it takes up to 10 days after receiving the tracking number for you to be able to track any of the parcel on that route. Might not be entirely the seller's fault.

Meanwhile always opening dispute is also detrimental to the buyer, once you are known as a dispute person, even some genuine would be scared of selling to you because they might fail on the delivery day and you will end up opening a dispute.
A dispute should be when you have exhausted all the available options available.
Cheers.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Ogetogeo(m): 10:47pm On Aug 01, 2013
chygoz3: I've been silent all this while reading from page 0 of season 1 and now i'm finally at page 180 of season 2. I have to commend you all for the information disclosed here. Special thanks to all my ogas at the top. I made a test order for a watch on aliX with free shipping via china post four days ago and paid with my payoneer mastercard while i wait for next monday to get my access visa card from access bank. Waiting for my watch to arrive to see how long it will take to get here in owerri. Keeping my Fingers crossed.

Nice to see you here Gozie, I love your resolute spirit as a young man (yea, I know you well).
Good you decided to learn with a test order and not with funny questions. Since its China post mail, it might take up to a month or more, just dont start tracking the day he ships out, relax and start that on the 10 day after that.
Goodluck.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Ogetogeo(m): 10:49pm On Aug 01, 2013
mikelreal: now thats ur mistake number one.. You bought smetn from a seller with NO rating?? Lol dats like gointu to a new shop wit no customers.

Well, true.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by ADEBAYOUR05(m): 11:23pm On Aug 01, 2013
Love to read tinZ am interested in firstly e dey sweet ma body 2ndly i dey learn so much here nd third mehn its what am starting very soon so am sure i have good mentor here. Hehehe make una dey keep am update no mind ma childish act cos thats the way i am. Soon we will be able to ship chinese fresh head down here hehehe ethernet sweet pass FULLSTOP.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by chygoz3(m): 11:34pm On Aug 01, 2013
Ogetogeo:

Nice to see you here Gozie, I love your resolute spirit as a young man (yea, I know you well).
Good you decided to learn with a test order and not with funny questions. Since its China post mail, it might take up to a month or more, just dont start tracking the day he ships out, relax and start that on the 10 day after that.
Goodluck.
Thanks. I'm a bit curious though about your statement that you know me well. Anyway I guess you do so from my blog.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Ogetogeo(m): 11:50pm On Aug 01, 2013
chygoz3: Thanks. I'm a bit curious though about your statement that you know me well. Anyway I guess you do so from my blog.

Lol, not really. Does "Angels" and "Aso Rock" ring a bell? smiley smiley Catch you offline soon. It's biz here.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Gudiza(m): 2:01am On Aug 02, 2013
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by markobinna(m): 5:07am On Aug 02, 2013
mayorall: The two tab had arrived. Made 26k in 8 days. Higher than Nigerian minimum monthly wage. God bless the originator of this thread. Thanks all.

Ђδω much did u buy the tabs
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by markobinna(m): 5:27am On Aug 02, 2013
Ogetogeo:

grin grin grin No be only credit card. Your normal ATM/debit card is just good enough. Get it activated for online transactions.
Thats all!

Pls i want to know if it is for only current account, or is savings account also included?

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by signature2012(m): 5:42am On Aug 02, 2013
Good day all,how is bizness?please i want the gurus on power bank to explain to me better the function of power bank,the advantages and disadvantages,about its life span and all other information i need to know,how many thousand power bank will one need to use here in nigeria,plz i await ur sincere answers.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by chygoz3(m): 6:10am On Aug 02, 2013
Ogetogeo:

Lol, not really. Does "Angels" and "Aso Rock" ring a bell? smiley smiley Catch you offline soon. It's biz here.
Wow! Saw your monicker but didn't want to believe it was you.
signature2012: Good day all,how is bizness?please i want the gurus on power bank to explain to me better the function of power bank,the advantages and disadvantages,about its life span and all other information i need to know,how many thousand power bank will one need to use here in nigeria,plz i await ur sincere answers.
A power bank is a battery that charges your gadgets' batteries (whether phone, tablets, digital cameras, etc depending on the capacity of the power bank). Generally, the greater the capacity, the more the number of times it can charge your battery from low or empty to full. However bear in mind that the higher the capacity of the power bank, the longer it will take to charge itself eg a 16000mah power bank may take about 8 hrs or more to become fully charged. Manufacturers claim that you can get at least 500 rechargeable cycles on a power bank, so if you recharge it once daily, it should last at least one year.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Ponybiz: 7:02am On Aug 02, 2013
xzibukz: received a package from hkpost 12days after payment.
Awesome!
how and where did u recieve it,cos they say is sixty days.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Ogetogeo(m): 7:18am On Aug 02, 2013
markobinna:

Pls i want to know if it is for only current account, or is savings account also included?

For savings account too.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Ogetogeo(m): 7:21am On Aug 02, 2013
Ponybiz: how and where did u recieve it,cos they say is sixty days.

Hongkong post is one fast shipment. That is why I always limit searches if I must buy stuff that needs free shipping.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Ponybiz: 7:21am On Aug 02, 2013
xzibukz: i guess season3 should focus on cheap means of importing from u.s.
Enough of tablets,bank cards,e.t.c.
i once used Mikkyangle to import & the guy was ex+.
introducing is
www.shippyme.com
a company owned by circuitatlantic.
i already has goods in my cart waiting for delivery comfirmatiom for the ome i already bought on Amazon to my personal suit address.
They charge $4.5 per lb or so.
my brother amazon rejected my visa africard.pls which of the cards did u used.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 02, 2013
Ponybiz: my brother amazon rejected my visa africard.pls which of the cards did u used.
I have been using GTB Mastercard on amazon and out of 12 orders I placed with them, my card was declined thrice, tested it on aliexpress with a cheap item and went through and went back to amazon to retry and went through. Try to supply the correct details and amazon will ship for you. I am using my card without token to buy ordres above $200 on amazon and amazon shipped and still ships
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Ponybiz: 7:45am On Aug 02, 2013
xzibukz:
which site are you shopping from in the u.s?
i only do Amazon for now,i believe i will be able to do ebay by myself before the end of this month.
you may not pay untill your goods arrived your u.s address and they weight it for you
ebay we must go,bro am waiting for d info.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Ponybiz: 7:56am On Aug 02, 2013
Soyedele1:
I have been using GTB Mastercard on amazon and out of 12 orders I placed with them, my card was declined thrice, tested it on aliexpress with a cheap item and went through and went back to amazon to retry and went through. Try to supply the correct details and amazon will ship for you. I am using my card without token to buy ordres above $200 on amazon and amazon shipped and still ships
bro how manage,pls orient me.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Ponybiz: 8:20am On Aug 02, 2013
Usiyaro: i undastand you can pay into shippyme account 4rm nigeria using the gtb mastr card. But the qstn is can shippy me purchase 4 me? Or i do the payment myself then send to the adress. If so how can i pay for the goods then ship it to the given shippyme adress.
since their shipping fees is ok,l think they should allow sending a link of the specific item like circuit.or the show us how to buy from ebay especially ebay.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 02, 2013
Ponybiz: bro how manage,pls orient me.
What exactly do you want to know?ask rite away and I will be happy to answer your question
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 02, 2013
Soyedele1:
What exactly do you want to know?ask rite away and I will be happy to answer your question

when you say Amazon ships, do you mean to Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Ponybiz: 9:11am On Aug 02, 2013
Soyedele1:
l mean how can l buy from ebay and amazon,and which of the payment cards can go 4 in nigeria.cos l already have freight forwarding company address in us.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Okattamgbee: 9:32am On Aug 02, 2013
chygoz3: I've been silent all this while reading from page 0 of season 1 and now i'm finally at page 180 of season 2. I have to commend you all for the information disclosed here. Special thanks to all my ogas at the top. I made a test order for a watch on aliX with free shipping via china post four days ago and paid with my payoneer mastercard while i wait for next monday to get my access visa card from access bank. Waiting for my watch to arrive to see how long it will take to get here in owerri. Keeping my Fingers crossed.
bro which part are you in owerri
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 02, 2013
Ogetogeo:

Please dear, not so fast.

1. when did you pay?
2. When the he say he shipped out?

Using all those china post mail can be annoying, sometimes it takes up to 10 days after receiving the tracking number for you to be able to track any of the parcel on that route. Might not be entirely the seller's fault.

Meanwhile always opening dispute is also detrimental to the buyer, once you are known as a dispute person, even some genuine would be scared of selling to you because they might fail on the delivery day and you will end up opening a dispute.
A dispute should be when you have exhausted all the available options available.
Cheers.

You know, I should have cancelled the order when the opportunity presented itself. I paid on the 9th July, waited and waited for like 2 weeks; In between tried to reach him on the status of shipping, but got no reply. On the last day allowable, I finally got a message that the items were shipped that morning, so I kept my peace; Many days later, I even had to request for the tracking no, no response again. Until I became harsher, then he apologised that he had been busy, gave me the tracking which appears to be fake. I went back to check his feedback rating, and found that in recent times, there have been more complaints that success stories. Now I've opened dispute with him, still no response from him.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by chygoz3(m): 9:52am On Aug 02, 2013
Okattamgbee: bro which part are you in owerri
I stay at Orji.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by toluxa1(m): 10:11am On Aug 02, 2013
Ogetogeo:

Hongkong post is one fast shipment. That is why I always limit searches if I must buy stuff that needs free shipping.

Yea, me too. Or at least negotiate with the buyer to send tru HK Post for a token, say $2-$3.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Okattamgbee: 10:15am On Aug 02, 2013
chygoz3: I stay at Orji.
ok will like us to meet you can as well send your phone digit to charlesdedon@gmail.com. Thanks man
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 02, 2013
Unique!:

You know, I should have cancelled the order when the opportunity presented itself. I paid on the 9th July, waited and waited for like 2 weeks; In between tried to reach him on the status of shipping, but got no reply. On the last day allowable, I finally got a message that the items were shipped that morning, so I kept my peace; Many days later, I even had to request for the tracking no, no response again. Until I became harsher, then he apologised that he had been busy, gave me the tracking which appears to be fake. I went back to check his feedback rating, and found that in recent times, there have been more complaints that success stories. Now I've opened dispute with him, still no response from him.

[b]you never checked before purchase[/b]see, its evn better buyin from a seller with no feedback and orders, all you got to do is check his level of establishments 1.) he wld be cheaper because he needs sells just to boost his stand. then,you would be excused.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 02, 2013
Ponybiz: l mean how can l buy from ebay and amazon,and which of the payment cards can go 4 in nigeria.cos l already have freight forwarding company address in us.

[b]I learnt some from xzibukz and I developed on my own. This is what I do. I opened 5 ebay account..I will search for items i like, I will email the seller convincing him to list the item on amazon, I do tell him that paypal doesnt not support the credit card payment from my country..with 0 feedback, you can only ask five questions in a day. so, I opened five accounts so that i can ask different sellers questions about items im interested in.

If they agree, they will list the item on amazon for you and send you the link and you will buy it directly and i have a shippyme address, thanks to xzibukz grin grin

I dont know about other banks' cards but I have used STANBIC AND FIRSTBANK MASTERCARD but they all failed but my GTB card delivers successfully without token.

When making Payment on amazon, make sure they you write down the correct address you used to open your account as your billing address with correct phonne number so that you wont have problems.

I made a payment of two items yesterday worth $300 and it did successfully with my GTB Mastercard.

One trick I have learnt about shippyme is that I dont reside at Lagos, hence I will require them to use ABC or TRANEX but i prefer TRANEX..Imagine i bought a netbook of $150 and shippyme charges like $40 including tranex, it wont pay me when I want to sell them. so I make sure I have at least 3 items(laptops or phones) going to shippyme so that I will pay $20 for tranex to ship them to Ibadan instead of paying $20 for an item..

I would have loved to use MIKKYANGEL for my ebay Transaction but HELL NO, I cant pay him $80 to get me a laptop down to Lagos, that is a BIG NO for me..

Pls, know that amazon charges N168 as $1.

If ebay is giving you problems, go to craigslist. You will find cheaper items there but you should be ready to pass tru the stress sending a lot of emails and when sending messages to a seller on craigslist, in order for your message to be delivered, pls send a short message like 'what is the working condition of the item and the last price of the item? OR can you ship to Mountainside,NJ?' when they reply, you will then go into full details..

Hope this helps..MANY THANKS TO XZIBUKZ for sharing with us how he does his transaction from ebay to amazon to shippyme to nigeria to Ilorin. grin

Texaco1 charges makes sense for ebay transaction as well..amazon is really stressful when searching for items but You can get cheap netbook there..it all depends on you.

Thanks..[/b]

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by 2fishes(m): 11:11am On Aug 02, 2013
chygoz3: Wow! Saw your monicker but didn't want to believe it was you. A power bank is a battery that charges your gadgets' batteries (whether phone, tablets, digital cameras, etc depending on the capacity of the power bank). Generally, the greater the capacity, the more the number of times it can charge your battery from low or empty to full. However bear in mind that the higher the capacity of the power bank, the longer it will take to charge itself eg a 16000mah power bank may take about 8 hrs or more to become fully charged. Manufacturers claim that you can get at least 500 rechargeable cycles on a power bank, so if you recharge it once daily, it should last at least one year.

Well said, I guess there is a shift from tablet import to power banks now , cool. We need this stuff in Nigerias electronic market.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by chygoz3(m): 11:26am On Aug 02, 2013
2fishes:

Well said, I guess there is a shift from tablet import to power banks now , cool. We need this stuff in Nigerias electronic market.
I think they will be very profitable. Imagine selling to the blackberry phone users that carry their chargers along wherever they go. Going into power bank sales is something i'm considering doing. Let me finish my market research first.

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (635) (Reply)

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? / Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.