Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,786 members, 7,952,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 12:34 PM

Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 - Business (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 (1026427 Views)

Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 3 - Payment, Shipping & Marketing / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 03, 2013
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by bobojoshua(m): 1:07pm On Aug 03, 2013
Soyedele1:

[b]I learnt some from xzibukz and I developed on my own. This is what I do. I opened 5 ebay account..I will search for items i like, I will email the seller convincing him to list the item on amazon, I do tell him that paypal doesnt not support the credit card payment from my country..with 0 feedback, you can only ask five questions in a day. so, I opened five accounts so that i can ask different sellers questions about items im interested in.

If they agree, they will list the item on amazon for you and send you the link and you will buy it directly and i have a shippyme address, thanks to xzibukz grin grin

I dont know about other banks' cards but I have used STANBIC AND FIRSTBANK MASTERCARD but they all failed but my GTB card delivers successfully without token.

When making Payment on amazon, make sure they you write down the correct address you used to open your account as your billing address with correct phonne number so that you wont have problems.

I made a payment of two items yesterday worth $300 and it did successfully with my GTB Mastercard.

One trick I have learnt about shippyme is that I dont reside at Lagos, hence I will require them to use ABC or TRANEX but i prefer TRANEX..Imagine i bought a netbook of $150 and shippyme charges like $40 including tranex, it wont pay me when I want to sell them. so I make sure I have at least 3 items(laptops or phones) going to shippyme so that I will pay $20 for tranex to ship them to Ibadan instead of paying $20 for an item..

I would have loved to use MIKKYANGEL for my ebay Transaction but HELL NO, I cant pay him $80 to get me a laptop down to Lagos, that is a BIG NO for me..

Pls, know that amazon charges N168 as $1.

If ebay is giving you problems, go to craigslist. You will find cheaper items there but you should be ready to pass tru the stress sending a lot of emails and when sending messages to a seller on craigslist, in order for your message to be delivered, pls send a short message like 'what is the working condition of the item and the last price of the item? OR can you ship to Mountainside,NJ?' when they reply, you will then go into full details..

Hope this helps..MANY THANKS TO XZIBUKZ for sharing with us how he does his transaction from ebay to amazon to shippyme to nigeria to Ilorin. grin

Texaco1 charges makes sense for ebay transaction as well..amazon is really stressful when searching for items but You can get cheap netbook there..it all depends on you.

Thanks..[/b]
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by bobojoshua(m): 1:36pm On Aug 03, 2013
xzibukz:

when using shippyme, dont forget to use "consolidate option" $15 and "strip" option $5, its really saves you some bucks and some empty space in your packages.
i just got my item from them,i had to travel to lagos to do the pickup,i cant wait for them to send it through tranex.
customers on my neck and i need to see thosse guys physically.
Mehn...those guys are really working,many people came for pickup and very nice business environment.
kudos to Mr.Uzo (circuitatlantic & shippyme) Acting M.D tongue
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Rexyl(m): 1:42pm On Aug 03, 2013
Asking...

I ve bn tryn to buy laptops from
Amazon but each time I tried to check
out this is response I got “We're sorry.
Your order contains items that may
not be shipped to the selected
destination. Please select another
address“. Does it mean they don't
ship to Nigeria? I they do what is left
to be done? Timely response pls.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by bobojoshua(m): 1:44pm On Aug 03, 2013
xzibukz:
whatsapp
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 03, 2013
Rexyl: Asking...

It means d seller doesn't ship to nigeria
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Chiadikaobi(m): 3:01pm On Aug 03, 2013
Rexyl: Asking...

Amazon doesnt ship electronics to nigeria.they ships books,CDs,Dvds...etc

But you can try convincing the seller to ship to nigeria......goodluck
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by lovelyones(m): 3:39pm On Aug 03, 2013
From season 1 all through to season to 2 is exciting.
What an informative,educative and interactive thread
on ND.

I give a big Thumb up to all the Oga @ the Top on this
thread and to all newbie,patience is the soul in business.

Importation is a very lucrative biz and also if you
fail to follow the right way it might be the other way round.

Wishing every member of this thread a successful importation
dealing this month .
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by ezehisaac(m): 5:54pm On Aug 03, 2013
2s£xy:
Motor don leave una go...

https://www.nairaland.com/1374497/interested-partners-importation-business-meeting

abeg, wia the motor dey, stop am o no let am pass my b/s cos I wan enter
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by evanstical: 7:40pm On Aug 03, 2013
please House I am about paying with my Gtb MasterCard and it is showing a place for paypal acount.I want to know if the transaction will go through without Paypal acount.It is a laptop and where will the send it in Nigeria. I only put my address or there will be a page for the parcel service company.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 03, 2013
evanstical: please House I am about paying with my Gtb MasterCard and it is showing a place for paypal acount.I want to know if the transaction will go through without Paypal acount.It is a laptop and where will the send it in Nigeria. I only put my address or there will be a page for the parcel service company.
which site is that?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 03, 2013
Please how much can I get a laptop with the following specs

BrandNew

2-4 GB RAM

Bluetooth

wifi

Webcam

Long Lasting Battery(6-8 hours)

How Much and which laptop product would you recommend?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 03, 2013
2s£xy:

BrandNew

2-4 GB RAM

Bluetooth

wifi

Webcam

HP, ACER grin grin grin grin
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 03, 2013
2s£xy:

BrandNew

2-4 GB RAM

Bluetooth

wifi

Webcam

go for this, perfect laptop

http://wap.ebay.com/Pages/ViewItem.aspx?aid=350830092406&emvAD=420x169&sv=brand%20new%20laptop&emvcc=0&nbcol=0%7Cnull
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 03, 2013
the laptop is btwn 120~170k in Nigeria, n its under 70k there. well, minus shippin depends on who u use.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 03, 2013
Thanks. I will use texaco1...
mikelreal: the laptop is btwn 120~170k in Nigeria, n its under 70k there. well, minus shippin depends on who u use.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by sunnychykes(m): 10:38pm On Aug 03, 2013
i bought a tab with 3g phone call,when i inserted the sim it was not showing 3g it only shows (e) i. edge.what do i do
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by toluxa1(m): 11:47pm On Aug 03, 2013
2s£xy:
Thanks. I will use texaco1...

Does the guy now ship to destinations outside Ibadan?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Gmanc(m): 5:58am On Aug 04, 2013
pls house help me i try to make payment in aliexpres dis mornin wit my GTB mastercard & I got dis message
"Your card issuer declined the transaction" dis is my 1st time havin problem wit my card.Pls wat cn i do
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 04, 2013
To those havin issues usin' their GTB NMC to make payment online, i dont think d prob has to do wit d card bt rather internet activation on your account. If ur account is activated for internet transactions, i bliv u shld b able to pay successfully wit ur card
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 6:42am On Aug 04, 2013
sunnychykes: i bought a tab with 3g phone call,when i inserted the sim it was not showing 3g it only shows (e) i. edge.what do i do

Boss. Not all tabs write 3g especially the latest ones. Mine doesn't write 3g when I set it to 3g. It writes H or E. Go to the settings. Under sim management, you gonna see more, click it, then go to mobile networks, and activate the 3G. The potency is what you need not the camouflag.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Activityj(m): 8:08am On Aug 04, 2013
@soyedele1 please which address did use to open the ebay account is it naija address or the u.s address given to you by shippyme?& the billing address will it be a naija address or a u.s address given by shippyme? Warmest regard!
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 04, 2013
Activityj: @soyedele1 please which address did use to open the ebay account is it naija address or the u.s address given to you by shippyme?& the billing address will it be a naija address or a u.s address given by shippyme? Warmest regard!
Nigeria address I used
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Theyrem: 9:19am On Aug 04, 2013
Was going through some online scam stories on alibaba and found this

'The Victim's Story: "The company I dealt with was registered on Alibaba.com as a U.S. company, but the company representative had me pay through Western Union to a Chinese address. After I paid, the supplier said the goods were detained in the customs office because customs didn't find the original invoice attached to the goods. The supplier explained that his company's policy was to issue invoices only when quantities are above 5 units. He told me to pay for another 2 units for another $150 so they could issue an invoice, but I refused. I didn't receive the products. I later discovered this is a Chinese company. All his information is fraudulent!"

What Went Wrong: Scammers living in fraud-prone regions (i.e. Nigeria, parts of China, etc.) will set up websites for front companies with fake addresses in more stable, law-abiding countries to give their marks a false sense of security. Alibaba.com has safeguards to prevent such geographic shenanigans, but occasionally a scammer slips through the screening process. In this case, the buyer should have been suspicious when this "U.S." company asked for payment to be sent to China.

Lessons Learned:

•• Don’t do the deal if a seller asks you to send payment to a country not shown on the company website or Alibaba.com online storefront as its headquarters.

•• If you have doubts about a company's actual location, do a quick background check. Call the number listed on the website, making sure the country code is correct. Ask questions

Isn't this discouraging for a Nigerian looking to do international business cry
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 04, 2013
why did he pay through western union....no be escrow everybody suppose use
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Ponybiz: 10:31am On Aug 04, 2013
Soyedele1:
Nigeria address I used
after the registration,so how do u make payment.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Ponybiz: 10:38am On Aug 04, 2013
[quote author=bobojoshua][/quote] bro pls send me your email address......!
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 04, 2013
Ponybiz: after the registration,so how do u make payment.
My Boss, You cant make Payment on ebay. After registration, confirm your registration by clicking on the link sent to your email address by ebay. once you do that, your account is set up.

Then go to ebay homepage, search for what you like and when you see it, You ask seller a question about the item, lie to the seller that your Paypal account has a problem, tell him to make optional list of the item on amazon so that you can purchase directly with your credit card(Your Nigerian card)..the bolded part is just a hint, you have to convince the seller well. You can do it for Items on BUY IT NOW or items with NO BIDS ON IT

Once he list the item on amazon, ask him for the link and then you purchase directly with your mastercard on amazon..Your Billing address must be correct and your shipping address will be your shippyme address..

HINT: If a seller list and asks for $250, dont be afraid to beat the price down,afterall you are both negotiating. You can tell the seller you wanna buy it for $200 with free shipping grin cheesy . He may not be able to do that but he will surely reduce the price for you..

Hope this help

3 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 11:43am On Aug 04, 2013
Please can we list the lowest price we have ever shipped from China via express shipping before. Wanna order for 10 power banks but the shipping price is discouraging via DHL and fedex.

Mine is $30 via DHL for two tablets. The total weight is 2.25kg.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 04, 2013
mayorall: Please can we list the lowest price we have ever shipped from China via express shipping before. Wanna order for 10 power banks but the shipping price is discouraging via DHL and fedex.

Mine is $30 via DHL for two tablets. The total weight is 2.25kg.

Business man!!! grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Ponybiz: 12:57pm On Aug 04, 2013
Soyedele1:
My Boss, You cant make Payment on ebay. After registration, confirm your registration by clicking on the link sent to your email address by ebay. once you do that, your account is set up.

Then go to ebay homepage, search for what you like and when you see it, You ask seller a question about the item, lie to the seller that your Paypal account has a problem, tell him to make optional list of the item on amazon so that you can purchase directly with your credit card(Your Nigerian card)..the bolded part is just a hint, you have to convince the seller well. You can do it for Items on BUY IT NOW or items with NO BIDS ON IT

Once he list the item on amazon, ask him for the link and then you purchase directly with your mastercard on amazon..Your Billing address must be correct and your shipping address will be your shippyme address..

HINT: If a seller list and asks for $250, dont be afraid to beat the price down,afterall you are both negotiating. You can tell the seller you wanna buy it for $200 with free shipping grin cheesy . He may not be able to do that but he will surely reduce the price for you..

Hope this help
l think zenith master card is ok.cus amazon rejected my visa africard
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by pj3400(m): 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2013
If u collect any visa or master card in υ̲̣̥я̣̣̥ branch, pls inform them to activate POS (point of sale) on it. You can go to any ATM and try to change υ̲̣̥я̣̣̥ pin, then u should see option two. 1, change pin 2, change i-pin (internet pin). Even if it didn't change successfully, Før the fact that u see the two options is ok Før u.

Make sure you are using a system that you register with your name cos when you are online, any other ppl that has access to your system should see something like C:/user/ur system name/the site you accessing. Etc. So when buying online, the name on your card must tally with your system name, the name you use to register on alibaba or aliexpress. Pls and pls, I never said this information is correct and accurate but just what I observed.

I even use ♍aι̥ ecobank visa card to buy on blackberry world and play store, they have never decline it.

Ђα̲̅ppƔ Sunday to u all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (635) (Reply)

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? / Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.